frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Why Does Hamas Target Israeli Civilians Instead Of Military Targets?

13»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 829 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold
    Is your IQ more than your shoe size? 

I remember using that line when I was ten. Are you ten Jules?

I remember "RobertoDuran" when he was scumbag Nomenclature. 
    MineSubCraftStarved
    Is Joeseph a scumbag or sh*tstain?  Both, I'm sure. 
    MineSubCraftStarved
  • JoesephJoeseph 703 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold

Is Joeseph a scumbag or sh*tstain?  Both, I'm sure. 

But I'm still not a hook nosed kike .....win , win ....yeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaa
  • @RobertoDuran
    Sorry, but I'm not interested in your pedophile logic.
    ???
    Radically misrepresenting the fact that Israel has a documented history of using Palestinian children as human shields as a "claim", even when faced with multiple news stories from highly respectable sources which confirm that it has done exactly that, is simply dishonesty on an utterly massive scale.
    In my research, I found only up to 14 such cases of Israel using children as human shields. Unless you can show how there is a higher number, then be my guest.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/nov/21/israeli-soldiers-human-shield-avoid-jail
    This incident was already covered in the report I gave you. It's bad sure, but it's an isolated case.
    As stated previously, you have yet to demonstrate any sort of systematic use of child shields by Israel.
    The Israeli high court yesterday ruled that the army's long-standing practice of using Palestinian civilians as human shields in combat is illegal under international law.
    And again, its status as a policy of human shields is disputed. If Israeli soldiers do force, rather than persuade Palestinians to proceed with it, then that is an instance of a human shield.
    This was why the policy was banned, not because it specifically mandated such actions, but because soldiers following the procedure regularly violated it.
    This is not a reflection of Israel, but only of individual soldiers.
    Even assuming this was in fact a use of systematic human shields, you can't claim 18 years after the ruling that Israel still uses any human shields.
    Argument Topic: Blah, Blah, Blah

It's simple:  Nomenclature supports Hamas - the dirtbag terrorist group. 
    MineSubCraftStarved
    @RobertoDuran

WOW! LOCK THE KIDS UP HERE COMES JULES WITH HIS KIKE " TASTES" 
    RobertoDuran
    @JulesKorngold

They're lovely people what's not to like.......kike. .....I'm a poet and I don't   know it 
  • @RobertoDuran
    Does that sound like something which has only happened fourteen times? You can't expect to have a debate if you aren't prepared to remain honest. 
    Then tell me exactly how many child shields that Israel has used throughout its history, if not 14? You have given a qualitative assessment by a third party on the matter of all human shields, not even child shields as you claim, making it thoroughly irrelevant.
    I don't see this as so hard, if Israel uses human shields and child shields, how many has it used? If you are unable to give a number, then you cannot say Israel systematically uses human shields.
    Then why on earth did you label it a "claim"? You're admitting you knew it happened, but you still refused to accept it as fact?
    14 cases do not constitute a significant use of child human shields and are in no way indicative of the policy of a nation regarding such issues. Moving on...
    In recent years, Amnesty International investigated tens of cases where the Israeli army used Palestinians, children as well as adults, as "human shields" during military operations in towns and refugee camps throughout the Occupied Territories.
    Your sources only managed to investigate and find 10 cases... Hardly systematic.
    You linked a document that proves it was a policy. You're tying yourself up in knots like all liars do.
    You just linked a judge's opinion of the matter, and his opinions are not facts to be built up based on his authority.
    I am not contending that the open neighbor procedure always went through with international law, but the fact of the matter is that such a procedure was built with the intention of non-coercion. The matter of Israeli troops coercing civilians into this procedure is not indicative of Israel, but only of isolated soldiers. And the fact that such procedures resulted in only a single civilian death demonstrates how this was not made to place Arab civilians in the line of fire.
    Even assuming that these were truly uses of human shields. Israel has stopped any such practice, making your point that Israel continues to use human shields today pointless. 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @RobertoDuran

Great decision , that guy is a troll. He's being presented with the evidence countless times and is actually denying reality.

Can you expect anymore from a vegetable who still hasn't worked out if 1+1 =2 or 3?
    RobertoDuran
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @RobertoDuran

Hi R. Those essays are something else.  Reams of absolute nonsense, the tragedy being he thinks he's making sense  
    RobertoDuran
    @Dee
    the tragedy being he thinks he's making sense

Yup, he's farcically arrogant and can't seem to grasp the extent to which his raging pro-Israeli bias undermines his credibility.

Says 2 Hamas supporters.  They need an intelligence charger. They're down to 3%.
    @JulesKorngold

Yet you kikes feel for the good ole " work sets you free" ruse , what a shower of dummies
    Joeseph is a talented debater.  But I'm lying.
    @JulesKorngold

Still ain't a kike.......l
    Sh*tstain Joeseph...I'm not insulting him.  I'm describing him.
    What doesn't kill Nomenclature disappoints me.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold

Does your massive hooter dissapoint you every day?
    Dee spells "dissapoint" like the retarded monkey he is.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold

Dee spells "dissapoint" like the retarded monkey he is.

Kornfed is in a fury ....again .......wheres the shot of your hooter?

After meeting Nomenclature here, I've decided I am in favor of abortion.
    @JulesKorngold

KORNGOLD the hypocrite advises others but spends his own days hurling off abuse ........

How To Deal With Toxic People Here On DebateIsland?

Debate Information

1. Report them if they are violating terms of service.
    2. Ignore them.

• SargonskiSargonski 47 Pts   -  
    It's simple:  Nomenclature supports Hamas - the dirtbag terrorist group. 
    Why should Nomenclature not support the Palestinian freedom fighters ...fighting against the dirtbag terrorist group known as the IDF ?     far bigger terrorist group than Hamas has ever been.  -   Hamas doesn't fit the definition near as well as the IDF  .. 

why does Israel target Palestinian Children for assassination .. at a rate 10 times greater than our favorite Freedom Fighters. Simple Math Jules  !?
    Argument Topic: Ridiculous

.@Sargonski
    I understand that you are passionate about the Palestinian cause, and I respect your right to express your ridiculous opinion. However, I believe that your statements about the IDF and Hamas are totally inaccurate. The IDF is responsible for defending Israel from its enemies, and it has a long and proud history of doing so. The IDF is a professional military, and it is committed to upholding the highest standards of ethics and conduct.

Hamas is a Palestinian Sunni Islamic fundamentalist militant organization that has been designated as a terrorist organization by the United States, the European Union, and Israel. Hamas is responsible for numerous terrorist attacks, including suicide bombings, rocket attacks, and mortar attacks. Hamas is also responsible for the ongoing violence in the Gaza Strip.

I urge you to consider the facts before forming your ridiculous opinion about this complex issue.
    .@Sargonski
    I understand that you are passionate about the Palestinian cause, and I respect your right to express your ridiculous opinion. However, I believe that your statements about the IDF and Hamas are totally inaccurate. The IDF is responsible for defending Israel from its enemies, and it has a long and proud history of doing so. The IDF is a professional military, and it is committed to upholding the highest standards of ethics and conduct.

Hamas is a Palestinian Sunni Islamic fundamentalist militant organization that has been designated as a terrorist organization by the United States, the European Union, and Israel. Hamas is responsible for numerous terrorist attacks, including suicide bombings, rocket attacks, and mortar attacks. Hamas is also responsible for the ongoing violence in the Gaza Strip.

I urge you to consider the facts before forming your ridiculous opinion about this complex issue.
    I am fine with jumping up and down stomping feet crying  "ridiculous opinion"   except you failed to point out one thing from my post that was ridiculous opinion.    It is not some secret that Israel has been condemned  for war crimes - crimes against humanity by the UN and every civilized nation on the planet .. including the US  ..   called out  by Israeli's  . here is what 27 Israeli Pilots have to say.

"The 27 pilots sent a letter to the commander of Israel's airforce refusing to carry out duties, which include track and kill operations, in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. One of the pilots told Israeli television that the letter said: "We, veteran pilots and active pilots alike...are opposed to carrying out illegal and immoral attacks, of the type carried out by Israel in the territories.

"We, who have been educated to love the state of Israel refuse to take part in airforce attacks in civilian population centres. We refuse to continue harming innocent civilians."https://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/sep/25/israel

Consider what Facts Mate ?   .. all you done so far is deflect so far --   what facts ?    the 10 Palestinian Children killed - many in above missions . . killed intentionally ..  for every 1 Israli child. 

Israeli Ten times better terrorists than Hamas .. much better at targeted killing of civilians ..  including women and children .. so called  "collatoral damage"   .. dropping 1000 lb bombs on crowded apartment blocks ..      Imagine if Putin did such a thing intentionally ?    "War Crimes"       Israel is far worse not during war when this happens..   hundreds of times.. 

Absurd double standard --  do as we say - not as we do foreign Policy ..  We should have shut this down long time ago ..made the 2 state solution happen ..   ..   that whole situation is  US dumb and dumber on steroids. 

So what about these Hamas attacks of Terror ?   home made fire-works.. an occasional killing here and there when they manage to lash out at the evil occupying oppressor ..  apartheid state. 

Sup with the "Ridiculous opinion" friend .. one based on a lack of facts  .. and certainly context. 

Dee
    Argument Topic: Fake "American"

@Sargonski said:  Consider what Facts Mate?
    Americans don't call each other "mate".  You're a fake.

Argument Topic: Palestinian Children

Israeli forces take every precaution to avoid harming civilians, including children, in the course of their operations. However, it is important to note that Palestinian armed groups often use children as human shields and put them in harm's way. This makes it extremely difficult for Israeli forces to distinguish between combatants and civilians, and unfortunately, there have been cases where children have been killed or injured as a result.

Israel is committed to providing support to the families of Palestinian children who have been killed or injured.

The best way to protect Palestinian children is to end the violence and reach a just and lasting peace. The Palestinian Authority should take steps to prevent Palestinian armed groups from using children as human shields and to hold those responsible for harming children accountable. 
    Israeli forces take every precaution to avoid harming civilians, including children, in the course of their operations. However, it is important to note that Palestinian armed groups often use children as human shields and put them in harm's way. This makes it extremely difficult for Israeli forces to distinguish between combatants and civilians, and unfortunately, there have been cases where children have been killed or injured as a result.

Israel is committed to providing support to the families of Palestinian children who have been killed or injured.

The best way to protect Palestinian children is to end the violence and reach a just and lasting peace. The Palestinian Authority should take steps to prevent Palestinian armed groups from using children as human shields and to hold those responsible for harming children accountable. 
    Israeli forces take every precaution to avoid harming civilians, including children, in the course of their operations. However, it is important to note that Palestinian armed groups often use children as human shields and put them in harm's way.  

Thats just false ..  as per above testimony from the Israeli Pilots forced to do the intentional killing of civilians.. including children .     the human shield trope is also nonsense .. and not at all related to the hundreds of cases I am referring ..  No human sheilds .. just Pure acts of terror -- intentional targeting and slaghter of innocent civilians ..including children .. 
    Argument Topic: War Crimes

@Sargonski
    Hamas's use of human shields is supported by a number of pieces of evidence, including:

* Videos and photographs of Hamas fighters firing rockets from civilian areas, including schools, hospitals, and mosques.

* Testimony from Palestinian civilians who have been forced to stay in their homes during Israeli airstrikes, even though they knew that Hamas fighters were using their homes as bases.

* Reports from human rights organizations that have documented Hamas's use of human shields.

In 2009, the United Nations Human Rights Council condemned Hamas for its use of human shields during the Gaza War. The council found that Hamas had "deliberately and systematically placed civilians at risk" by firing rockets from densely populated areas and by using schools and hospitals as military bases.

Of course, Hamas has denied the accusations that it uses human shields. However, the evidence that has been presented confirms that Hamas is guilty of this war crime.
     JulesKorngold said:
    @Sargonski
    Hamas's use of human shields is supported by a number of pieces of evidence, including:

* Videos and photographs of Hamas fighters firing rockets from civilian areas, including schools, hospitals, and mosques.

* Testimony from Palestinian civilians who have been forced to stay in their homes during Israeli airstrikes, even though they knew that Hamas fighters were using their homes as bases.

* Reports from human rights organizations that have documented Hamas's use of human shields.

In 2009, the United Nations Human Rights Council condemned Hamas for its use of human shields during the Gaza War. The council found that Hamas had "deliberately and systematically placed civilians at risk" by firing rockets from densely populated areas and by using schools and hospitals as military bases.

Of course, Hamas has denied the accusations that it uses human shields. However, the evidence that has been presented confirms that Hamas is guilty of this war crime.
    @Sargonski

@Sargonski

@Sargonski

@Sargonski

@Sargonski

Told you .. twice now -  the examples I gave were not Hamas using human sheilds.      We are talking about targeting innocent children and civilians  -  crimes against humanity ..   called out as such by every nation on the planet .. including the US ..  and including Israeli's own Pilots who refused to continue conducting the Illegal terrorist actions.     none of which involved "Human Shields"      

Yes .. Hamas fires rockets from civilian areas  ..  this is a Blood Feud ..  both sides doing bad things .    Israel fires "rockets"  aka hell fire missiles and drops 1000 lb bombs into civilian areas ..   during non war time. 

You wanna cry  "Terrorist"  which is a joke trope term in this instance but what ever ..  I do not deny Hamas is fighitng back ..in some ways that are ugly ..  but Israel is by far the bigger of the two terrorists  ..  not even a competition .. taking out reporters..  the latest group in power are fascist religious extremists  ...     Israel is also the bully .. the aggressor . the one engaging in illegal annexation of land .. kicking folks out of their houses.   Totally illegal  condemned by the UN .. and even the Biden Admin.. 

Bad Actors who need to be reigned in ..  gonna be peace in the ME .. now that China is in Charge. 
    Aaron__The__CowardYourWebsiteIsGay
    Argument Topic: Fake

@Sargonski
    You're a fake American and a sad propagandist for Palestinians...MATE.

@Sargonski
    You're a fake American and a sad propagandist for Palestinians...MATE.

You are mistaken Jules --     calling out the intentional slaughter and assassination of children and civilians by terrorists does not make one a "Fake American"      .. nor does Israeli Pilots calling out these crimes make them sad propagandists for Palestinians  Friend.       You have things confused and backwards  ..and not trying to project your failings onto others.   

It is the Fake American who Hates the founding principle .. who hates liberty and freedom for others. 
    Argument Topic: Again

@Sargonski
    You're not American because you called me "mate".  No American would.  You dipsh*t Hamas lover.
    @Sargonski
    You're not American because you called me "mate".  No American would.  You dipsh*t Hamas lover.

Look Jules  -  running around calling names is not an argument . 

Second -  You are the one professing your love and undying devotion Terrorists and terrorist atrocities  ..   don't tar me with your stank brush mate .. can keep that fake American ideology all to yourself.   

Took a wrong path somewhere --- ended up in Woke Joke Camp and started ingesting that dogma and now. pretending trampling on Liberty is the path of the  "Real American"          I beg to differ with your definition friend   :) 
  • Luigi7255Luigi7255 695 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold

This whole thing you're doing is a No True Scotsman lmao, you think Sargonski isn't an American just because they used the word "Mate" once.
    "I will never change who I am just because you do not approve."
    Luigi7255 said:
    @JulesKorngold

This whole thing you're doing is a No True Scotsman lmao, you think Sargonski isn't an American just because they used the word "Mate" once.

The standard default into fallacyland ---  When you have run out of material - position crucified - just demonize the messenger - standard Ad Hom Fallacy.    

Didn't take long at all for the fallacy to be triggered ..   All I did was show an article where Israeli Pilots were refusing to fly missions where civilians were targeted...    ..  must make these Israeli Pilots "Anti Semites"  calling out Gov't crimes like that. 

It is the True American Patriot who will not stand for calling out Gov't crimes don't you know ..  in the upside down woke world - in the religious right joke world ...  
    @Sargonski

Jules is more religious than Christians, he won't take any criticism about Israel at all, stated he's happy Gaza was being bombed, and has outright called for someone's entire country to be nuked because he disliked one guy. He's really more so just here to intimidate others into becoming fearful.
    Luigi7255 said:
    @Sargonski

Jules is more religious than Christians, he won't take any criticism about Israel at all, stated he's happy Gaza was being bombed, and has outright called for someone's entire country to be nuked because he disliked one guy. He's really more so just here to intimidate others into becoming fearful.

and it is not so much about being Christian ..  it is the fundamentalist Christian that is the problem.   It is always the extremists in every religion ..  ruin the reputation of the others. 

and contrary to the belief of the extremist Zealot ... the whole handling of the Israeli situation over the years has not been in the best interest of Joe Citizen  ..    just a complete disaster from one end to the other ..   starting with  --   Why is it that we thought it was a good idea for Israel to have nukes again ?       can't seem to remember the splendid rational for that blunder of Blunders. 

Argument Topic: Hey Mate

@Sargonski
    Tell me again how American you are by supporting Hamas vermin.
    You lying sc*mbag.
    Argument Topic: Next

@Luigi7255
    Aaron just banned some more of your buddies.  I hope you're next, mate.
    @JulesKorngold

Lmao, just because I support equal treatment between you and Nomen because you two do the same sort of things doesn't mean I'm a terrible person.
    @Luigi7255
    You're just an a$$hole who thinks I am blastcat.  A real genius. 
    @JulesKorngold

I never said you were Blastcat? If I remember correctly that was Zeus that said that.
    Luigi7255 said:
    @JulesKorngold

I never said you were Blastcat? If I remember correctly that was Zeus that said that.
    I apologize then - you're not a genius. 
    @JulesKorngold

Jokes on you, I never thought I was a genius in the first place ;)
    @Sargonski
    Tell me again how American you are by supporting Hamas vermin.
    You lying sc*mbag.

Lying about what Jules ...  you are the one pretending that supporting terrorist atrocity makes one a  "Real American"  --  Lying to yourself that assassination of children makes you a Patriot.   ..  and lying about others --  as I do not support the Hamas atrocities.

Once again you keep trying to project your failings onto others  .. is that what Jesus teaches ?   "Do unto others and then split" 

Or better yet ..   should maybe think of taking big log out of own eye mate     ..