frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

If you believed God asked you to kill someone would you do it?

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 169 Pts   -  
    MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

As I already said, there is no entity in this Universe that can compel me to kill someone by telling me to: I recognize no one's authority when it comes to vicious things like this. Call Satan my "god": if Satan appears before me in the flesh tomorrow and tells me to kill someone, I will show him a middle finger. How do you reconcile it with your claim that I serve him?

It would be a different matter if your "god" appeared before you in the flesh tomorrow and told you to kill someone, would it not? That is when your commitment would truly be tested: would you do a thing that all moral systems in the world consider unacceptable due to your devotion to your master - or is your devotion not nearly as strong as you claim it to be? It has to be one or the other, so I am just curious as to which one it is.

@MayCaesar ;  Do you advocate for abortion on demand? Do you vote for political candidates who support abortion; if so, you're a murderer by proxy.  

Only your god would appear in flesh tomorrow and tell you to kill someone...that is his nature and you would struggle with the decision. Your "master" is Satan. My Master is Jesus.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6103 Pts   -  
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Me? I have said that if someone needs to undergo abortion, they have seriously screwed up somewhere in their life. And I have never voted in any election in my entire life.

As I said, again and again, I would not follow any directive of my alleged "god". You said the opposite about yourself - so who is more susceptible to being led to do wicked things?
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 169 Pts   -   edited February 26
    MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Me? I have said that if someone needs to undergo abortion, they have seriously screwed up somewhere in their life. And I have never voted in any election in my entire life.

As I said, again and again, I would not follow any directive of my alleged "god". You said the opposite about yourself - so who is more susceptible to being led to do wicked things?

@MayCaesar ; I never said anything of the sort...that is a lie but that too is the nature of your god. It is the one whose god is Satan this "more susceptible to being led to do wicked things"...this is evident from history.
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

You did not say that you had full faith in your god? Oh, my apologies then.
    MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

You did not say that you had full faith in your god? Oh, my apologies then.

@MayCaesar ;  I do have full faith in my Lord...and He would never command that I participate in what your god would advocate.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6103 Pts   -   edited February 26
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

And yet you would do absolutely anything he would command, no? That is quite different from my relationship with anyone or anything, where I do not recognize anyone's authority over me and will only do things upon request that I think are acceptable. It sounds like your relationship with "god" should be called "servitude", while my relationship with anyone should not - would you not agree?

You seem deeply lost in terminology. What my "god" advocates is of no consequence to me - so in what sense is he my "god"? And your "god" is allegedly your master, but then you make decisions for him as to what to command...
    MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

And yet you would do absolutely anything he would command, no? That is quite different from my relationship with anyone or anything, where I do not recognize anyone's authority over me and will only do things upon request that I think are acceptable. It sounds like your relationship with "god" should be called "servitude", while my relationship with anyone should not - would you not agree?

You seem deeply lost in terminology. What my "god" advocates is of no consequence to me - so in what sense is he my "god"? And your "god" is allegedly your master, but then you make decisions for him as to what to command...

@MayCaesar ; @ZeusAres42 ; Yes...I will obey my Lord. You obey your god everyday...even through you do so unaware. Our Creator has sovereign authority over all life, including yours...your absence of knowledge concerning this truism does NOT negate that reality. 

I am in servitude to the Holy Spirit, daily; you're in servitude to Satan, daily. We are all either serving our Creator or we're serving Satan...there are no alternatives or options. What your god advocates is what you are, an atheist...headed to death in Hell...this is your god's will for your life. Elohim is IS my "Master"; Satan is your master.

RickeyHoltsclaw said:

@MayCaesar ; @ZeusAres42 ; Yes...I will obey my Lord. You obey your god everyday...even through you do so unaware. Our Creator has sovereign authority over all life, including yours...your absence of knowledge concerning this truism does NOT negate that reality. 

I am in servitude to the Holy Spirit, daily; you're in servitude to Satan, daily. We are all either serving our Creator or we're serving Satan...there are no alternatives or options. What your god advocates is what you are, an atheist...headed to death in Hell...this is your god's will for your life. Elohim is IS my "Master"; Satan is your master.
    Okay, let us see what we have established so far:

1) You will obey your Lord no matter what he asks of you.
    2) I will not obey Satan no matter what he asks of me.

Does it not seem to you that the nature of the relationship between you and your Lord (who you worship), and me and my Satan (who I do not even believe exists), is very different?

And, again, you claim that one has to serve either "Creator" or "Satan". Does it not come across to you as a very limited point of view, deriving from your own need to serve someone or something? Humans are known to employ projection a lot, assuming that everyone to a great extent thinks like them - but more often than not this assumption simply does not hold true. You, for example, think nothing like me, and I have no trouble acknowledging that. While is the mutual acknowledgement so difficult?

Finally, you do not have to keep telling me how I am "headed to Hell": I do not believe in existence of "Hell", so these warnings miss the mark. Just tell me what is demonstrably wrong with the way I live my life. I am not interested in hearing about what happens after my death: I am alive, so let us take one thing at a time.
    MayCaesar said:
    RickeyHoltsclaw said:

Okay, let us see what we have established so far:

1) You will obey your Lord no matter what he asks of you.
    2) I will not obey Satan no matter what he asks of me.

Does it not seem to you that the nature of the relationship between you and your Lord (who you worship), and me and my Satan (who I do not even believe exists), is very different?

And, again, you claim that one has to serve either "Creator" or "Satan". Does it not come across to you as a very limited point of view, deriving from your own need to serve someone or something? Humans are known to employ projection a lot, assuming that everyone to a great extent thinks like them - but more often than not this assumption simply does not hold true. You, for example, think nothing like me, and I have no trouble acknowledging that. While is the mutual acknowledgement so difficult?

Finally, you do not have to keep telling me how I am "headed to Hell": I do not believe in existence of "Hell", so these warnings miss the mark. Just tell me what is demonstrably wrong with the way I live my life. I am not interested in hearing about what happens after my death: I am alive, so let us take one thing at a time.

@MayCaesar ;  Please use @rickeyholtsclaw when commenting to me so I receive your notification, please?

1) Yes, I will obey Elohim as His will for me is in accordance with His divine will which is based in purity, righteousness, holiness, goodness.

2) You obey Satan everyday...irrespective of your lack of knowledge concerning your servitude to him.

The only differentiation between the two-relationships is mine is one of holiness and purity that culminates in Eternal life and peace; yours is one of servitude to wickedness and evil that will culminate in death in Hell.

You have only two-choices in this life constrained by Time and physics concerning whom you will serve, Jesus or Satan.

Simply because you don't believe in Hell is irrelevant...Satan's greatest deception is masking himself and his intent from those that belong to him in spiritual ignorance.

@RickeyHoltsclaw

I do not understand what it means to obey someone who I do not even believe exists. Obey in what sense? I do not receive any orders or requests, I do not acknowledge his existence, and I do as I please - and, as I explicitly said, were he to exist, show up and tell me to do something, I would show him a middle finger.

Please explain it to me. I am not interested in reading the same claim repeated over and over. Justify the claim logically to me.

I offer you an alternative question: explain why you do not serve the Great Invisible Unicorn. Why I cannot use the same reasoning as you did to claim that you obey it irrespective of whether you believe it exists.

---

Ah, and stop posting these memes. I do not read them and they just clutter the screen. Have some respect for other people's screen space.
    MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

I do not understand what it means to obey someone who I do not even believe exists. Obey in what sense? I do not receive any orders or requests, I do not acknowledge his existence, and I do as I please - and, as I explicitly said, were he to exist, show up and tell me to do something, I would show him a middle finger.

Please explain it to me. I am not interested in reading the same claim repeated over and over. Justify the claim logically to me.

I offer you an alternative question: explain why you do not serve the Great Invisible Unicorn. Why I cannot use the same reasoning as you did to claim that you obey it irrespective of whether you believe it exists.

---

Ah, and stop posting these memes. I do not read them and they just clutter the screen. Have some respect for other people's screen space.

@MayCaesar ;  You don't understand because you're secular...you have no clue what manifests in the Spiritual Realm. In what sense, you ask?  You are blinded from life and truth by your god (2 Corinthians 4:4)...you live in a state wastefulness with no eternal purpose...you exist but you don't live because your an enemy of our Creator in your unbelief. Your life is surrendered to Satan...unaware by you.

There are no invisible unicorns. Unicorn in Scripture was used by certain translators which means beasts such as the rhinoceros.

@RickeyHoltsclaw

Being blinded from life and truth does not imply serving someone or something, does it? At least the implication does not at all follow from your argument.

How do you know that there are no invisible unicorns? You cannot see them because they are invisible, but they are there - that is essentially the argument you make for Satan's existence. My question is where do the two arguments differ principally.

Also, just for your information: saying that someone does not know or does not see something is not an argument in the context of a debate. Your role is to explain why what I do not know or see exists. Simply saying that it exists and I am blind to it is meaningless. It is again just an invisible unicorn argument.
    MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Being blinded from life and truth does not imply serving someone or something, does it? At least the implication does not at all follow from your argument.

How do you know that there are no invisible unicorns? You cannot see them because they are invisible, but they are there - that is essentially the argument you make for Satan's existence. My question is where do the two arguments differ principally.

Also, just for your information: saying that someone does not know or does not see something is not an argument in the context of a debate. Your role is to explain why what I do not know or see exists. Simply saying that it exists and I am blind to it is meaningless. It is again just an invisible unicorn argument.

It is by faith that I see as my faith opened up the World of the Spiritual to me that was previously hidden as I was not a child of the Living God.

I don't know if there exists invisible unicorns...there is no evidence for same that I've seen. Many atheists I have debated in years past generally bring up the subject of unicorns to mock the Bible in their ignorance of what the Bible is teaching.

Satan is real because the Scriptures, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, testify to same. 

What you do not know or see exists in the Spiritual Realm and in my spirit as the Holy Spirit indwells me and you cannot see because you do not seek wisdom and knowledge of same that is provided by the indwelling Holy Spirit; therefore, you remain blind, lost, headed to Hell in unbelief.

No, this is a discussion about your death in Hell in unbelief.

• FactfinderFactfinder 877 Pts   -  

@MayCaesar @ZeusAres42 @RickeyHoltsclaw Yes...I will obey my Lord. You obey your god everyday...even through you do so unaware. Our Creator has sovereign authority over all life, including yours...your absence of knowledge concerning this truism does NOT negate that reality. 

Definitely sounds like crazy religious nutcase talk...

Confirmed nut case. Now what if that unholy guiding demon commands ricky to come after us the way it did the Amlekites in the past or it already did when it told ricky to hate minorities and go into their houston neighborhoods and abuse them?...

1 Samuel 15:3:

Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy [1] everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.'"

@MayCaesar @ZeusAres42 @RickeyHoltsclaw Yes...I will obey my Lord. You obey your god everyday...even through you do so unaware. Our Creator has sovereign authority over all life, including yours...your absence of knowledge concerning this truism does NOT negate that reality. 

Definitely sounds like crazy religious nutcase talk...

Confirmed nut case. Now what if that unholy guiding demon commands ricky to come after us the way it did the Amlekites in the past or it already did when it told ricky to hate minorities and go into their houston neighborhoods and abuse them?...

1 Samuel 15:3:

Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy [1] everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.'"

@Factfinder ;  Of course, my words sound "crazy" to you because you are dead spiritually...your god has blinded your mind, your heart, your eyes, you are deaf...lost, dying in Hell and your narcissism and arrogance pave the way...that is your free will choice. At least you've been told. I've done as commanded.

MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

It is by faith that I see as my faith opened up the World of the Spiritual to me that was previously hidden as I was not a child of the Living God.

I don't know if there exists invisible unicorns...there is no evidence for same that I've seen. Many atheists I have debated in years past generally bring up the subject of unicorns to mock the Bible in their ignorance of what the Bible is teaching.

Satan is real because the Scriptures, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, testify to same. 

What you do not know or see exists in the Spiritual Realm and in my spirit as the Holy Spirit indwells me and you cannot see because you do not seek wisdom and knowledge of same that is provided by the indwelling Holy Spirit; therefore, you remain blind, lost, headed to Hell in unbelief.

No, this is a discussion about your death in Hell in unbelief.

You are wrong: the subject of the discussion is "If you believed God asked you to kill someone, would you do it?" Exactly the question that you have consistently refused to answer.

Your argument is that Satan is real because The Bible says so. Let my argument be that Kim Jung Un is god because his grandfather's books say so - what is wrong with it and how is it different from yours?

Your "Spiritual Realm" argument also seems to be the same as my "Invisible unicorns" argument. It is something that I cannot see, but something that you want me to believe is there because you said so.

It seems that the source of all of your claims is just the Bible - however, you are unable to come up with an explanation as to why it is a valid source of such claims. This makes you, again, more similar to North Koreans than me. I take any information, any source, any knowledge critically and weight it against what I already know and can observe. This makes me a critically thinking person, Rickey. And if critical thinking is attributable to Satan, while lack of it to "god", the Satan comes across as a much better fella than said "god".
    FactfinderZeusAres42
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2770 Pts   -   edited February 26
     @RickeyHoltsclaw

Firstly, if you don't believe in God you don't believe in Satan. It does not logically follow that one beleives in Satan if they do not believe in God. I was going to ask "does your religin not teach you this?" but then again, you don't need religion to come to this conclusion; it's a simple no brainer. Belief without god also means belief without Satan. It really is that simple. 

Secondly, you were asked to imagine this scenario. Others have and have been able to give answers. Do you know what imaginaiton is? 

Thirdly, what would it take for you not to believe God exists? What conditions would have to be in place for you to come to the conlusion that there high chance that the God as depicted in all religious scripture doesn't actually exist? 
    Factfinder

@RickeyHoltsclaw

Firstly, if you don't believe in God you don't believe in Satan. It does not logically follow that one beleives in Satan if they do not believe in God. I was going to ask "does your religin not teach you this?" but then again, you don't need religion to come to this conclusion; it's a simple no brainer. Belief without god also means belief without Satan. It really is that simple. 

Secondly, you were asked to imagine this scenario. Others have and have been able to give answers. Do you know what imaginaiton is? 

Thirdly, what would it take for you not to believe God exists? What conditions would have to be in place for you to come to the conlusion that there high chance that the God as depicted in all religious scripture doesn't actually exist? 

1) It matters not whether or not you believe in Elohim or Satan...they exist, they are both spirit and they are your only two-choices concerning servitude within the Realm of Time. If you deny Elohim, you serve Satan by default and again, it matters NOT if you acknowledge him or deny him...Satan is your god and you will suffer a fate similar to his in Hell (Revelation 20:10-15).

2) I don't serve a "religion" as I'm a Christian. Theologically, Christianity is not a religion.

3) Again, if you reject Jesus, you serve Satan whether or not you acknowledge him.

4) It is not possible to imagine a scenario where my Lord would command that I do something contrary to His divine nature.

5) I would rather be skinned alive and die from shock than deny my Lord and His presence in my life. I have absolutely NO DOUBT that Elohim, Father-Son-Spirit, are reality and they are my Lord, Savior, King, eternal assurance and peace. Life without Jesus as Messiah, the Father as my LORD, the Spirit as my compassionate friend...would not be worth living.

@RickeyHoltsclaw

1) It matters not whether or not you believe in Elohim or Satan...they exist, they are both spirit and they are your only two-choices concerning servitude within the Realm of Time. If you deny Elohim, you serve Satan by default and again, it matters NOT if you acknowledge him or deny him...Satan is your god and you will suffer a fate similar to his in Hell (Revelation 20:10-15).

2) I don't serve a "religion" as I'm a Christian. Theologically, Christianity is not a religion.

3) Again, if you reject Jesus, you serve Satan whether or not you acknowledge him.

4) It is not possible to imagine a scenario where my Lord would command that I do something contrary to His divine nature.

5) I would rather be skinned alive and die from shock than deny my Lord and His presence in my life. I have absolutely NO DOUBT that Elohim, Father-Son-Spirit, are reality and they are my Lord, Savior, King, eternal assurance and peace. Life without Jesus as Messiah, the Father as my LORD, the Spirit as my compassionate friend...would not be worth living.

Freewill ricky. Where is that in your authoritative elf gods demand to submit or die a second death? Your hero Putin emulates your goddess perfectly. He calls it 'freewill' also. I would die a thousand deaths before I will bow the knee to your liberal leftwing god.
  • @Factfinder

Well, I tried to see if this guy was ready to explore the foundations of his beliefs. Based on his latest response I think it's safe to say now that he is severely doxastically closed. 
    Factfinder

@RickeyHoltsclaw

Freewill ricky. Where is that in your authoritative elf gods demand to submit or die a second death? Your hero Putin emulates your goddess perfectly. He calls it 'freewill' also. I would die a thousand deaths before I will bow the knee to your liberal leftwing god.

You're already cursed to death, Factfinder (Romans 3:23; 5:12)...as a result of our first father's free will decision to reject Elohim and pursue narcissism...you are currently under the condemnation of death and you do not belong to the family of Elohim...you are an obstinate denier of Truth and headed to death in Hell as a result.

It is only by Elohim's compassion, mercy, grace; this, relevant to His eschatological mandates concerning the on-going war with Satan and the ultimate culmination of victory in Jesus and restoration of holiness to the Kingdom; this, being causation for the free offer of salvation by faith in the Son, Jesus Christ, who died for you (John 3:16) in victory over the Devil's works, a victory earned for you at Golgotha through the shed blood of Messiah (1 John 3:8b; Matthew 26:28; 1 Peter 1:18-19).

Putin serves the same god as you...you will perish with Putin in Hell due your unbelief. You already bow to the god of leftism-progressiveness-darwinism-atheism-secular humanism...his name is Satan.

• FactfinderFactfinder 877 Pts   -   edited February 26
    @ZeusAres42

I'm afraid you're right. The thing is he can't fathom the thought of seriously evaluating his opinions because he sees that as having doubt. It could happen one day his defenses are relaxed just enough that the realization he has no control over what he believes; hits him like a slap in the face. He could wake up one day and the faith he thought he chose, left him and he has no faith anymore. Just another case of he believed till he didn't. On the other hand he could remain willfully deluded. We just don't know...
    ZeusAres42
  •  @RickeyHoltsclaw

The assertion that existence and servitude are solely confined to the realms of Elohim and Satan, regardless of belief, stems from a particular interpretation within certain Christian doctrines. However, this perspective does not universally resonate across the multiple of religious beliefs and secular philosophies that populate the globe. The idea that disbelief in one entity automatically enlists one in the servitude of the opposite is not only a false dichotomy but also misses the fact there are a wide range of worldviews that neither acknowledge these entities nor the binary choice presented. From a logical standpoint, the existence of any spiritual beings requires evidence, and the vast spectrum of human belief offers numerous alternatives to this dichotomy, including ethical living guided by secular humanism, other religious traditions, or personal moral philosophies.

Also, religion is broadly recognized as an organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and worldviews that relate humanity to an order of existence. By this definition, Christianity—with its set of beliefs, rituals, moral teachings, and worship of a deity—clearly falls within the parameters of religion. 

The claim that rejecting Jesus equates to serving Satan presupposes a binary spiritual reality that is far from universally acknowledged. It negates the plethora of human belief systems that span from other monotheistic and polytheistic religions to non-religiousks, all of which provide foundations for moral and ethical living without adherence to the Christian concept of Satan. The moral compass of individuals across the globe is often guided by principles that do not necessitate the existence of, much less servitude to, a Christian-defined Satan.

Regarding the statement about divine command and the impossibility of God commanding anything contrary to His divine nature, this viewpoint does not account for the complex historical and scriptural interpretations of what constitutes divine nature. Philosophical thought experiments and ethical dilemmas, such as the Euthyphro dilemma, challenge the notion of a straightforward alignment between divine commands and divine goodness. The ability to question and imagine scenarios where divine commands might conflict with human perceptions of morality is not a sign of disbelief but an engagement with the complexities and challenges of the faulty epistemology that is faith.

Asserting that life without this belief would not be worth living overlooks the equally meaningful experiences of those who find fulfillment, purpose, and peace outside of this theological framework. The intrinsic value of life, the capacity for love, compassion, and moral action, extends beyond religious boundaries, encompassing the diverse experiences and beliefs that make up the human condition.

My God is not Satan or Elohlm. My God is reason, rationality, logic, and evidence based:

• @ZeusAres42

I'm afraid you're right. The thing is he can't fathom the thought of seriously evaluating his opinions because he's sees that as having doubt. It could happen one day his defense are relaxed just enough that the realization he has no control over what he believes; hits him like a slap in the face. He could wake up one day and the faith he thought he chose, left him and he has no faith anymore. Just another case of he believed till he didn't. On the other hand he could remain willfully deluded. We just don't know...

I have got back into epistmology, socratic method, and stuff recently. I do think I was rather harsh on this guy before and the only thing that presents me rn from getting too frustrated is the realization that it isn't him talking; it's faith talking; that notorious faulty epistemology! 

Furthermore, as a result of some of the stuff I have read so far I have been indroduced to a whole plethora of other books to read recently, including some notorious faith leaders that have actually managed to free themselves from this faith virus and actually embraced rationality. They are on my list next to read. 

@Factfinder
    Factfinder

@ZeusAres42

I've been hard on him as well but if he ever realizes his faith is blind, he will be grateful whether or not we ever have confirmation. That is IF he ever come to terms with his intellect. 
    RickeyHoltsclawZeusAres42
  • FactfinderFactfinder 877 Pts   -   edited February 26
    @ZeusAres42

Wish I could recommend a good book but frankly I haven't read any authors that became apostates. One thing I can offer is my take on any questions that may arise during your reading. Maybe confirm or elaborate on the internal struggles one goes through under the circumstances...
     @RickeyHoltsclaw

The assertion that existence and servitude are solely confined to the realms of Elohim and Satan, regardless of belief, stems from a particular interpretation within certain Christian doctrines. However, this perspective does not universally resonate across the multiple of religious beliefs and secular philosophies that populate the globe. The idea that disbelief in one entity automatically enlists one in the servitude of the opposite is not only a false dichotomy but also misses the fact there are a wide range of worldviews that neither acknowledge these entities nor the binary choice presented. From a logical standpoint, the existence of any spiritual beings requires evidence, and the vast spectrum of human belief offers numerous alternatives to this dichotomy, including ethical living guided by secular humanism, other religious traditions, or personal moral philosophies.

Also, religion is broadly recognized as an organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and worldviews that relate humanity to an order of existence. By this definition, Christianity—with its set of beliefs, rituals, moral teachings, and worship of a deity—clearly falls within the parameters of religion. 

The claim that rejecting Jesus equates to serving Satan presupposes a binary spiritual reality that is far from universally acknowledged. It negates the plethora of human belief systems that span from other monotheistic and polytheistic religions to non-religiousks, all of which provide foundations for moral and ethical living without adherence to the Christian concept of Satan. The moral compass of individuals across the globe is often guided by principles that do not necessitate the existence of, much less servitude to, a Christian-defined Satan.

Regarding the statement about divine command and the impossibility of God commanding anything contrary to His divine nature, this viewpoint does not account for the complex historical and scriptural interpretations of what constitutes divine nature. Philosophical thought experiments and ethical dilemmas, such as the Euthyphro dilemma, challenge the notion of a straightforward alignment between divine commands and divine goodness. The ability to question and imagine scenarios where divine commands might conflict with human perceptions of morality is not a sign of disbelief but an engagement with the complexities and challenges of the faulty epistemology that is faith.

Asserting that life without this belief would not be worth living overlooks the equally meaningful experiences of those who find fulfillment, purpose, and peace outside of this theological framework. The intrinsic value of life, the capacity for love, compassion, and moral action, extends beyond religious boundaries, encompassing the diverse experiences and beliefs that make up the human condition.

My God is not Satan or Elohlm. My God is reason, rationality, logic, and evidence based:

@ZeusAres42 ;  Please, if you're commenting directly to me and desire a response from me, please add @rickeyholtsclaw so I am notified of your intent; otherwise, you message is muddled in the morass of irrelevant comments and quotes. Thanks, Rick

Again, you have but two-options concerning servitude within the Realm of Time, you can serve Jesus by faith in Him as your Messiah and live or you can serve Satan by default. I understand you don't "believe" this but that too is irrelevant as what you believe in your unbelief culminates in death in Hell in servitude to Satan.

• @Factfinder

Yes, I am on a part where this bit is hard. There do exist plenty of help regarding this stage mind you. The clergy project is one such source among many. 

• @RickeyHoltsclaw

Your argument posits a simplistic dichotomy wherein individuals are presented with only two options for servitude within the Realm of Time: serving Jesus or defaulting to servitude to Satan. However, this oversimplified view fails to acknowledge the rich tapestry of human belief systems and philosophical perspectives that exist worldwide.

To reduce the complexities of spirituality and belief to a mere binary choice overlooks the vast diversity of religious traditions, spiritual philosophies, and ethical frameworks that people adhere to. It dismisses the validity and significance of alternative paths to understanding and enlightenment, which may not conform to the specific theological framework being presented.

Moreover, the assertion that disbelief in this particular theological construct results in automatic servitude to Satan lacks logical coherence and evidential support. It presupposes the existence of these entities and a particular understanding of their roles, which is not universally accepted. Additionally, resorting to threats of eternal damnation in Hell for non-believers is a form of emotional manipulation that fails to engage in meaningful dialogue or respect differing perspectives.

In a world as diverse and complex as ours, reducing the spectrum of human spirituality and intellectual inquiry to a simplistic binary choice is akin to offering only two flavors of ice cream in a world full of diverse and nuanced flavors. It diminishes the richness and depth of human experience and belief, stifling intellectual curiosity and spiritual exploration.

@RickeyHoltsclaw

Your argument posits a simplistic dichotomy wherein individuals are presented with only two options for servitude within the Realm of Time: serving Jesus or defaulting to servitude to Satan. However, this oversimplified view fails to acknowledge the rich tapestry of human belief systems and philosophical perspectives that exist worldwide.

To reduce the complexities of spirituality and belief to a mere binary choice overlooks the vast diversity of religious traditions, spiritual philosophies, and ethical frameworks that people adhere to. It dismisses the validity and significance of alternative paths to understanding and enlightenment, which may not conform to the specific theological framework being presented.

Moreover, the assertion that disbelief in this particular theological construct results in automatic servitude to Satan lacks logical coherence and evidential support. It presupposes the existence of these entities and a particular understanding of their roles, which is not universally accepted. Additionally, resorting to threats of eternal damnation in Hell for non-believers is a form of emotional manipulation that fails to engage in meaningful dialogue or respect differing perspectives.

In a world as diverse and complex as ours, reducing the spectrum of human spirituality and intellectual inquiry to a simplistic binary choice is akin to offering only two flavors of ice cream in a world full of diverse and nuanced flavors. It diminishes the richness and depth of human experience and belief, stifling intellectual curiosity and spiritual exploration.

@ZeusAres42 ; The "rich tapestry of human belief systems and philosophical perspectives" are irrelevant to Elohim (Genesis 1:1). There is but one Way to life in Eternity, Jesus Christ (John 14:6) and any other route invented by men culminates in Hell.

You will believe Jesus and LIVE or you'll deny Jesus and perish in Hell...that is your dichotomy.

• @RickeyHoltsclaw

Firstly, while Genesis 1:1 establishes the creation narrative according to a specific religious text, it does not necessarily preclude the existence or validity of other belief systems or philosophical perspectives. Interpreting this verse as an assertion of the exclusivity of belief in Jesus Christ overlooks the diversity of human thought and spiritual inquiry throughout history.

Secondly, while John 14:6 presents Jesus' statement that he is "the way, the truth, and the life," it's important to consider the broader context of this passage within the Christian scriptures. This verse reflects a theological assertion within Christianity but does not account for the diverse beliefs held by individuals worldwide. Many religions and philosophical traditions offer alternative paths to understanding, enlightenment, and salvation that are meaningful to their adherents.

Furthermore, framing belief in Jesus Christ as the sole determinant of salvation and denying all other routes as culminating in Hell is a dogmatic assertion that dismisses the complexity of human spirituality and the diverse ways in which people seek meaning and fulfillment in their lives. It also overlooks the ethical and moral principles upheld by individuals who may not adhere to a specific religious tradition but live virtuous lives guided by compassion, empathy, and integrity.

Ultimately, presenting belief in Jesus Christ as the only viable option for salvation and relegating all other beliefs to damnation in Hell is a narrow and exclusionary perspective that fails to engage with the depth and diversity of human belief and experience. Embracing a more inclusive and respectful approach to dialogue allows for greater understanding and mutual respect across different religious and philosophical traditions.

@RickeyHoltsclaw

Firstly, while Genesis 1:1 establishes the creation narrative according to a specific religious text, it does not necessarily preclude the existence or validity of other belief systems or philosophical perspectives. Interpreting this verse as an assertion of the exclusivity of belief in Jesus Christ overlooks the diversity of human thought and spiritual inquiry throughout history.

Secondly, while John 14:6 presents Jesus' statement that he is "the way, the truth, and the life," it's important to consider the broader context of this passage within the Christian scriptures. This verse reflects a theological assertion within Christianity but does not account for the diverse beliefs held by individuals worldwide. Many religions and philosophical traditions offer alternative paths to understanding, enlightenment, and salvation that are meaningful to their adherents.

Furthermore, framing belief in Jesus Christ as the sole determinant of salvation and denying all other routes as culminating in Hell is a dogmatic assertion that dismisses the complexity of human spirituality and the diverse ways in which people seek meaning and fulfillment in their lives. It also overlooks the ethical and moral principles upheld by individuals who may not adhere to a specific religious tradition but live virtuous lives guided by compassion, empathy, and integrity.

Ultimately, presenting belief in Jesus Christ as the only viable option for salvation and relegating all other beliefs to damnation in Hell is a narrow and exclusionary perspective that fails to engage with the depth and diversity of human belief and experience. Embracing a more inclusive and respectful approach to dialogue allows for greater understanding and mutual respect across different religious and philosophical traditions.

1) What other "religious texts" explicitly articulate the who, what, where, when, why, how, concerning the creation of the Heavens and the Earth, the complex human genome but the Canon of Scripture?

2) Jesus is Elohim (Genesis 1:1; John 1; Hebrews 1; Colossians 1), He created you and sustains your respiration in order that you not die this very moment. There are no other "individuals" or religions or philosophical traditions that command your attention as does Jesus and His emphatic words concerning your need for an Intercessor between you and the Father and your sin.

3) There is no other Way to life in the Kingdom but through Jesus as your Messiah (John 14:6).

4) I'm not the only one presenting Jesus as the only Way to salvation, Jesus does this emphatically...and you will believe Him and live or deny Him and die in Hell.

• @RickeyHoltsclaw

The argument yu presented is deeply rooted in a specific interpretation of Christian scripture, particularly emphasizing Jesus Christ as the exclusive path to salvation. While this perspective is held with conviction, it's important to recognize the diversity of human belief systems and the complexities of religious interpretation.

Firstly, while the Christian canon provides a comprehensive account of creation and theological doctrines, it's essential to acknowledge that other religious traditions offer their own sacred texts and narratives regarding the origins of the universe and human existence. These diverse perspectives contribute to the richness of human spiritual inquiry and should be approached with respect and openness.

Furthermore, the assertion that Jesus is Elohim and the Creator, as depicted in various biblical passages, reflects a particular theological lens within Christianity. However, attributing exclusive divine status to Jesus may not align with the beliefs of individuals from other religious traditions, who may have their own understandings of the divine and creation.

Additionally, while the teachings of Jesus emphasize the importance of faith in him as the path to salvation, it's crucial to recognize that many individuals find meaning, purpose, and ethical guidance in alternative religious or philosophical frameworks. Dismissing these beliefs as invalid or insufficient overlooks the depth of spiritual experiences and moral convictions held by people from diverse backgrounds.

Lastly, while emphasizing the urgency of accepting Jesus as the only route to salvation, it's important to approach discussions of faith with humility and empathy. Recognizing the complexity of religious belief and the diversity of human experience fosters a spirit of dialogue and mutual respect, rather than dogmatic assertions of exclusive truth claims.

@RickeyHoltsclaw

What other "religious texts" explicitly articulate the who, what, where, when, why, how, concerning the creation of the Heavens and the Earth, the complex human genome but the Canon of Scripture?

The 'cannon of scripture' does not 'articulate' anything of the sort. "God did it" is meaningless that requires no articulation. Articulate in your words (Not your books or faith) the complex human gnome and the creation steps involved. 
    RickeyHoltsclaw said:

You will believe Jesus and LIVE or you'll deny Jesus and perish in Hell...that is your dichotomy.
    Could you suggest an experiment one could perform in a lab that would prove that this is the right dichotomy? Can we get the measurements of the average temperature in Hell, or the cloud density in Heaven?
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

The argument yu presented is deeply rooted in a specific interpretation of Christian scripture, particularly emphasizing Jesus Christ as the exclusive path to salvation. While this perspective is held with conviction, it's important to recognize the diversity of human belief systems and the complexities of religious interpretation.

Firstly, while the Christian canon provides a comprehensive account of creation and theological doctrines, it's essential to acknowledge that other religious traditions offer their own sacred texts and narratives regarding the origins of the universe and human existence. These diverse perspectives contribute to the richness of human spiritual inquiry and should be approached with respect and openness.

Furthermore, the assertion that Jesus is Elohim and the Creator, as depicted in various biblical passages, reflects a particular theological lens within Christianity. However, attributing exclusive divine status to Jesus may not align with the beliefs of individuals from other religious traditions, who may have their own understandings of the divine and creation.

Additionally, while the teachings of Jesus emphasize the importance of faith in him as the path to salvation, it's crucial to recognize that many individuals find meaning, purpose, and ethical guidance in alternative religious or philosophical frameworks. Dismissing these beliefs as invalid or insufficient overlooks the depth of spiritual experiences and moral convictions held by people from diverse backgrounds.

Lastly, while emphasizing the urgency of accepting Jesus as the only route to salvation, it's important to approach discussions of faith with humility and empathy. Recognizing the complexity of religious belief and the diversity of human experience fosters a spirit of dialogue and mutual respect, rather than dogmatic assertions of exclusive truth claims.

1) Once again, "the diversity of human belief systems and the complexities of religious interpretation" are wholly irrelevant if one desires life in the Kingdom of Elohim through the forgiveness of sin which is only possible by faith in Jesus as one's Messiah (John 3; Acts 4:12).

2) What other texts, religious or secular, other than the Canon of Scripture, provides humanity with an explanation of the who, what, where, when, why, how, relevant to the creation of the Heavens, the Earth, all living creatures and Elohim's eschatological plan relevant to Time, Eternity, humanity?

3) Unless one believes that Jesus is Elohim, they will die in Hell as it is the indwelling Holy Spirit who testifies and witnesses this truism; therefore, if one denies the Deity of Jesus, they are absent the Spirit they therefore remain in their sin (John 8:24). It is not only necessary that one believe Jesus is Messiah who died for them but that they have a true understanding of who Jesus actually is and why He is Messiah.

4) It matters NOT that "many individuals find meaning, purpose, and ethical guidance in alternative religious or philosophical frameworks" because Jesus is the ONLY WAY to meaning, purpose, ethical guidance, in this life and in the life to come; this, concerning eternal life and the forgiveness of sin (John 14:6).

5) Time is short...life is brief...like a vapor (James 4:14); therefore, Jesus commands that His faithful go and tell the World concerning the Gospel and life in the Messiah by faith (Matthew 28:16-20).

MayCaesar said:
    RickeyHoltsclaw said:

Could you suggest an experiment one could perform in a lab that would prove that this is the right dichotomy? Can we get the measurements of the average temperature in Hell, or the cloud density in Heaven?

@MayCaesar @ZeusAres42 ; Please use @rickeyholtsclaw when communicating directly with me...your quotes don't identify me as the recipient?

I would suggest getting alone, getting on your knees, asking Jesus to present Himself to you and then sit quietly and carefully, prayerfully, read the 21-chapters of the "Gospel of John" and ask the Holy Spirit to open your eyes, your mind, your spirit, to the deeper meaning of the words on the pages...you will be blessed IF you do this with sincerity.

Jesus provided warnings concerning Hell...not sure that He provided fahrenheit or celsius. I don't think the New Jerusalem will see cloud density as "there is no more sea" (Revelation 21:1). 

@RickeyHoltsclaw

What other "religious texts" explicitly articulate the who, what, where, when, why, how, concerning the creation of the Heavens and the Earth, the complex human genome but the Canon of Scripture?

The 'cannon of scripture' does not 'articulate' anything of the sort. "God did it" is meaningless that requires no articulation. Articulate in your words (Not your books or faith) the complex human gnome and the creation steps involved. 

@Factfinder ; Elohim explains the who, what, where, when, why, how, concerning our Creation and its purpose.
    RickeyHoltsclaw said:

@MayCaesar @ZeusAres42 ; Please use @rickeyholtsclaw when communicating directly with me...your quotes don't identify me as the recipient?

I would suggest getting alone, getting on your knees, asking Jesus to present Himself to you and then sit quietly and carefully, prayerfully, read the 21-chapters of the "Gospel of John" and ask the Holy Spirit to open your eyes, your mind, your spirit, to the deeper meaning of the words on the pages...you will be blessed IF you do this with sincerity.

Jesus provided warnings concerning Hell...not sure that He provided fahrenheit or celsius. I don't think the New Jerusalem will see cloud density as "there is no more sea" (Revelation 21:1). 
    @RickeyHoltsclaw That is not what I was asking. I will repeat:

"Could you suggest an experiment one could perform in a lab that would prove that this is the right dichotomy? Can we get the measurements of the average temperature in Hell, or the cloud density in Heaven?"
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

@Factfinder ; Elohim explains the who, what, where, when, why, how, concerning our Creation and its purpose.
    Nope. You said "explicitly articulates" the complex human gnome. Now I know you don't know it and can't "explicitly articulate" the human gnome and the bible doesn't; so explain your lie. Your master knows you lied. Explain yourself.
    Factfinder said:

Nope. You said "explicitly articulates" the complex human gnome. Now I know you don't know it and can't "explicitly articulate" the human gnome and the bible doesn't; so explain your lie. Your master knows you lied. Explain yourself.
    Imagine God looking at Rickey's posting and facepalming hard. "This bastard is making me look like an arse... But I cannot interfere, can I? Free will and all... Goddarn it."
    Factfinder
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

@MayCaesar ;  The human genome was created in the spiritual image of Elohim as the Father, Son and Spirit ("Us" "Our" Genesis 1:26-28) collaborated on Day-6 to create humanity and imparted specific divine communicable attributes into the human genome; this, for Elohim's eschatological purposes going forward. 

MayCaesar said:
    Factfinder said:

Imagine God looking at Rickey's posting and facepalming hard. "This bastard is making me look like an arse... But I cannot interfere, can I? Free will and all... Goddarn it."

@Factfinder ; @MayCaesar @ZeusAres42 ; My Lord is pleased that I have taken the time to share with you the words of life and Truth and it is most probable that our interactions here will be recalled at your judgment and adjudication (Revelation 20:10-15) and your culpability will be greater due what has been shared with you here.

@RickeyHoltsclaw

@MayCaesar ;  The human genome was created in the spiritual image of Elohim as the Father, Son and Spirit ("Us" "Our" Genesis 1:26-28) collaborated on Day-6 to create humanity and imparted specific divine communicable attributes into the human genome; this, for Elohim's eschatological purposes going forward. 

That is blind faith foolishness, nothing to do with reality or explicitly articulating the human gnome. Your little god fairy is embarrassed by you. Proof positive you're delusional enough to follow this evil blood thirsty command for you from your little fairy book... Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants,
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

That is blind faith foolishness, nothing to do with reality or explicitly articulating the human gnome. Your little god fairy is embarrassed by you. Proof positive you're delusional enough to follow this evil blood thirsty command for you from your little fairy book... Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants,

@Factfinder ;  My faith is not blind but the product of experiential relevance. My Lord is Holy, Good, Righteous, Faithful, Loving, Merciful, Compassionate. It is your god that evil, blood thirsty and puts to death children...with an emphasis on those in the womb.

RickeyHoltsclaw said:

@Factfinder ; @MayCaesar @ZeusAres42 ; My Lord is pleased that I have taken the time to share with you the words of life and Truth and it is most probable that our interactions here will be recalled at your judgment and adjudication (Revelation 20:10-15) and your culpability will be greater due what has been shared with you here.
    I think he needs a new HR department if he sends such spokesmen to talk to me...
    MayCaesar said:
    RickeyHoltsclaw said:

I think he needs a new HR department if he sends such spokesmen to talk to me...

@MayCaesar ; Elohim knows your arrogance and your heart...no one else would come...
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

No one else? You are the only one God could spare? Aww, that is sad...
    MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

No one else? You are the only one God could spare? Aww, that is sad...

@MayCaesar ; No...it's just that Elohim wanted to try one more time before He let you go into the abyss of a seared conscience and no way back....

@RickeyHoltsclaw

I am deeply saddened by his failure. Poor omnipotent Elohim... :(