frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Are the Israel-hating pro-Palestine demonstrations wise or foolishness of the Devil?

2»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• BoganBogan 453 Pts   -  
    I support Israel all the way.    We do not call western civilisation "Judeo-Christian civilisation for nothing.     The Jews have had a very disproportionate (to their numbers) influence on scientific thought.    Israel has the highest proportion of scientists and engineers per head of population than any other country on planet earth.     They have taken a country with no resources at all other than the brains of their own people and turned it into one of the most prosperous and free-est countries on the planet.    
    RickeyHoltsclaw
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 168 Pts   -  
    @Phite ; If I had an answer for you I would provide it...truly, I have no interest in when the stars were created...as I look up on a clear night and they are present in their beauty...I trust what Elohim has provided in His words and the Bible was NEVER intended to be a science book but a love letter to those who desire to know Him and understand His purposes within the temporary Realm of Time. Please stay on topic....I have a debate topic active concerning why Elohim created...perhaps your inquiry concerning the creation narrative would be better served there? Thank you.

But the question is on topic. If the bible got it wrong explaining the chronological events of creation, then how can you expect anyone to trust israel gets the land just because the book says so? 

@Factfinder ;  The Genesis creation narrative is perfect...and that Book is our Creator's will and eschatological plan and that Book will be used to Judge you soon.
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 834 Pts   -  
    The current campus protests are not "antiwar".  They are anti-Israel.
    Factfinder
  • FactfinderFactfinder 851 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold

I noticed that too. I suspect that it's because many think Israel's retaliation in response to a horrific declaration of war by Hamas is a bit heavy handed. When a civilized society lets the criminals dictate what their punishment should be it becomes non civilized. Hamas and the vast majority of Palestinians celebrate the deaths of innocent Israelis at every opportunity. It is the actions AND the supporting mindset that allows terrorist attacks to be carried out against innocent men women and children in Israel on a consistent basis. How long are they supposed to let their casualties accumulate before they are allowed to eliminate the threat once and for all? It's not just a war against Hamas, it's a war against the idea that anyone but Israel should determine how to preserve their right to exist. I say people made their choices, let Israel defend itself as it sees fit. Don't want thousands of Palestinians to die, don't support and partake in the deaths of Israelis. Is it just me or is there some reason Palestine under Hamas hasn't developed their infrastructure? Instead they buy bombs and indoctrinate children into an ideology of hate an murder.  
    JulesKorngold
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 834 Pts   -  
    @Factfinder
    Back in the 60's, I was careful to make clear I was against the Vietnam War, not all wars.  As you indicate, wars of self-defense are usually justified.  It seems many current campus protesters are FOR the war Hamas, Hezbollah, and Iran are waging against Israel.
  • jackjack 462 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Are the Israel-hating pro-Palestine demonstrations wise or foolishness of the Devil?

Hello Rickey:

Nahh..  As a Constitutional loving patriot, irrespective of the message, I support everybody's right to be heard.

Why do you hate America so??

excon
  • jackjack 462 Pts   -   edited May 5

Back in the 60's, I was careful to make clear I was against the Vietnam War, not all wars.  As you indicate, wars of self-defense are usually justified.  It seems many current campus protesters are FOR the war Hamas, Hezbollah, and Iran are waging against Israel.
    Hello Lanzman:

Shalom.  Forever and a day, Jews are the favorite people to hate.   Today is no exception..  You'll NEVER convince the haters to love Jews.  It ain't in their DNA.  The only way to win with them, is bomb the sh*t outta them, and do it now. 

I said above that I support their right to speak.  I do NOT support their right to kill Jews.

excon
    JulesKorngold
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 168 Pts   -   edited May 8
    @Phite ; Your ignorance of The Genesis and days and photosynthesis and Elohim's intent is your own.