frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Are the Israel-hating pro-Palestine demonstrations wise or foolishness of the Devil?

Debate Information

Warning to those who despise modern day Israel in their conflict with Islam...

I am a supporter, advocate, for the Land of Israel as it was given Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, by Elohim via an unconditional covenant in perpetuity. There will be a "remnant" of Jacob's children redeemed during the coming Tribulation Era and IF you're wise and discerning you will support Israel as a Nation because by doing so, you express faith in Elohim's eschatological plan for the Land concerning Messiah, His 2nd-Advent, the Millennial Kingdom; the Judgment of Satan and the condemned. If you hate or despise the Jewish, Israeli people, while advocating for Islam, you express contempt for Elohim's eschatological plan which is IMMUTABLE and you therefore find yourself on the wrong side of history and at odds with the One who holds your next breath in the palm of His hand (Daniel 5:23).

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• PhitePhite 94 Pts   -   edited February 1

They throw kids in prison and abuse them there.  Does that please their god, too?  Does it please and endear you to the Israelis?
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 159 Pts   -   edited February 1
    @Phite ; Prove it.

I Saw the Children Hamas Beheaded With My Own Eyes. Shame on Queen Rania | Opinion  https://www.newsweek.com/i-saw-children-hamas-beheaded-my-own-eyes-shame-queen-rania-opinion-1855472

Factfinder

You don't even know who you're defending.

This is what you are defending.

EDIT:  Where are the photos of what Rania said she saw?

Do you believe that the bible is some kind of land deed or something?

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 159 Pts   -  
    @Phite ;  I am surprised that Israel shows any mercy what-so-ever to the servants of Satan, Islam. You fail to understand what YOU advocate.

Factfinder
    Maybe the kids are afraid of being thrown in prison where they will be abused by moral, adult Israelis, eh?

Didn't think things through again, did ya?
  • Warning to those who despise modern day Israel in their conflict with Islam...

I am a supporter, advocate, for the Land of Israel as it was given Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, by Elohim via an unconditional covenant in perpetuity. There will be a "remnant" of Jacob's children redeemed during the coming Tribulation Era and IF you're wise and discerning you will support Israel as a Nation because by doing so, you express faith in Elohim's eschatological plan for the Land concerning Messiah, His 2nd-Advent, the Millennial Kingdom; the Judgment of Satan and the condemned. If you hate or despise the Jewish, Israeli people, while advocating for Islam, you express contempt for Elohim's eschatological plan which is IMMUTABLE and you therefore find yourself on the wrong side of history and at odds with the One who holds your next breath in the palm of His hand (Daniel 5:23).

In contemporary discourse on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, arguments often emerge that intertwine deeply held religious beliefs with modern geopolitical stances. A particularly stark example of this conflation posits that supporting modern-day Israel is a divine mandate, rooted in ancient covenants and essential for aligning with God's eschatological plan such as this one. While the depth of spiritual conviction behind such arguments is undeniable, their application to the complex realities of international relations and statecraft warrants careful scrutiny and, ultimately, challenge.

The Conflation of Religion with Modern Politics

This argument in question hinges on the belief that an unconditional covenant between God and the patriarchs of Judaism directly mandates contemporary political support for Israel. This perspective, however, simplifies the multi-layered nature of modern nation-states. It overlooks the historical, social, and political transformations that have shaped today's geopolitical landscape, reducing the intricate Israeli-Palestinian conflict to a binary religious fulfillment. Such an approach fails to acknowledge the evolution of societies and the secular governance that characterizes modern statehood.

The Appeal to Religious Authority

Moreover employing religious authority as the basis for political advocacy presents a challenge in a world marked by diverse religious beliefs and secular principles. The argument's reliance on a specific interpretation of divine will presupposes a shared faith that simply does not exist universally. In a pluralistic society, policy and diplomacy must be guided by principles that transcend individual religious narratives, fostering inclusivity and respect for all.

Oversimplification and False Dichotomies

Also central to this argument is a false dichotomy that equates criticism of Israeli policies with opposition to God's plan, suggesting a monolithic view of faith and politics. This binary overlooks the possibility of supporting the Jewish people's historical and spiritual connection to the land while advocating for justice and human rights for all, including Palestinians. It neglects the nuanced positions many hold, which seek peace and reconciliation rather than division.

Fearmongering and Historical Context

Furthermore, the warning that opposing Israel aligns one against divine will and on the "wrong side of history" is a form of fearmongering that closes off meaningful dialogue. History shows the dangers of using divine justification for political ends, reminding us of the importance of critical thinking and ethical reflection in political discourse. Ethical stances, especially in conflicts as complex as the Israeli-Palestinian one, must evolve through continuous dialogue and a commitment to justice.

Summation

While the intertwining of religious beliefs with political stances is understandable given the depth of spiritual connection to the land, such arguments do not hold up under the scrutiny of contemporary realities. The path forward in addressing the Israeli-Palestinian conflict requires an approach that respects religious beliefs but does not rely on them as the sole basis for policy. It demands acknowledgment of the complexities of modern geopolitics, commitment to human rights, and an unwavering pursuit of peace and reconciliation. As we navigate these challenging waters, let us remember that the essence of constructive dialogue lies in empathy, inclusivity, and a shared commitment to a just resolution.

jack

@ZeusAres42 ; If you support HAMAS and Palestine, you support the Devil and will pay for your alliances at Judgment.

ZeusAres42Factfinder
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -   edited February 2

Warning to those who despise modern day Israel in their conflict with Islam...

Hello Rickey:

Of course, you got it all wrong..  You need to delve a little deeper.  Lemme help.

First off, I'm a Jew.  I support the state of Israel, and always have..  That does NOT mean I support their right wing leader.  I do not.   They're not the same.

I hate Hamas.  That does NOT mean I hate the Palestinians.  They're NOT the same either.

As a dedicated lib, it should come as no surprise to you that I support underdogs..  At one time, the Israeli's were the underdogs.  They're not any more.  They're the big kids on the block.  As such, one would think they would treat the Palestinians a whole lot better than they've been treated over the years.  But, no.  

In 1948, the United Nations established the two state solution.  Ever since, Israel has been appropriating Palestinian land, and building settlements on it.  Now, they're committing genocide on the Palestinians just as surly as the Nazis committed genocide on the Jews.  

Gaza is an open air prison.  Nobody can leave or enter without Israels permission..  They're PACKED in like sardines with nowhere to go, and yes, Hamas uses them as shields..  But, that doesn't work because Israel bombs them anyway.  

They're at the mercy of the Israelis, who, ashamedly, have none. 

excon

Openminded
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 159 Pts   -   edited February 2
    @jack ; False. I've spent time in Israel...thousands of Palestinians crossed DAILY to work in Israel and they were treated very well...Israel supplies food, energy, to Palestine...Israel gives and gives and gives and if HAMAS, Hezbollah, the Houthis, all of Iran's proxies, would lay down arms, there would PEACE in the Middle East but if Israel lays down its arms, there would be NO Israel. You Democrat Party advocating Jews are some of the most arrogant and ignorant and naive people I know...you support those who seek your destruction...how ludicrous. 

Factfinder
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -  

You democrat Jews are some of the dumbest and arrogant and ignorant and naive people I know.

Hello again, Rickey:

That's all you got, is name calling?  My job here, is not to convince you, but to expose you, and I've done so.  We're done here.

excon

@jack ; You are done...as a servant of the devil...you are definitely done.

Factfinder
  • PhitePhite 94 Pts   -  
    @jack ; False. I've spent time in Israel...thousands of Palestinians crossed DAILY to work in Israel and they were treated very well
    What does Israel charge Palestinians per month for a work permit?

@Phite ;  Whatever it is...it's NOT sufficient to justify the HELL that these Palestinians raise in the major municipalities in Israel. Palestinian's are Islamic puppets who hate Israel...Israel provides them sustenance and care because NO THINKING MUSLIM NATION wants them...they are bad news for anyone who trusts them and their political leadership, HAMAS. 

Factfinder
  • PhitePhite 94 Pts   -   edited February 2
    How is it that when nutanyahu exposes himself as a religious nut who refers to Gazans as Amalekites who should all die, you don't recognize the racism in his statement.

Or, how about the Israeli president who believes that all of the Gazans--yup, even babies and children--are the enemy and should be targeted? 

Religious nuts.
    @Phite ; HAMAS should be extinguished from the face of the Earth and the 75% of Palestinians who voted them into leadership over GAZA should be sent to the deepest recess of Africa.

Islam's demonic ideology is integral within the children born of that demonic seed.

FactfinderBogan
  • FactfinderFactfinder 774 Pts   -  
    @Phite ; HAMAS should be extinguished from the face of the Earth and the 75% of Palestinians who voted them into leadership over GAZA should be sent to the deepest recess of Africa.

Islam's demonic ideology is integral within the children born of that demonic seed.

Why not your house/ Why Africa?
    @Factfinder ; Because I don't give shelter to the demonic....I love my family more than that.

Factfinder
  • @ZeusAres42 ; If you support HAMAS and Palestine, you support the Devil and will pay for your alliances at Judgment.

@ZeusAres42 ; There is no unity to be had between the demons of Islam and the children of Jacob.
    Factfinder
    @ZeusAres42 ; There is no unity to be had between the demons of Islam and the children of Jacob. 
    So as a child of your god you cheer on war over myths, more than peace and unity?
    @Factfinder ;  As a child of Elohim by faith in Jesus, I advocate for the total annihilation of Elohim's enemies and Islam is #1 among those enemies. 

@Factfinder ;  As a child of Elohim by faith in Jesus, I advocate for the total annihilation of Elohim's enemies and Islam is #1 among those enemies. 

Well if your fairy god mother is so powerful, why does it need you to wage 'war' as a computer rambo? Why don't it just annihilate it's enemies and feed your useless arse to the dogs?
  • PhitePhite 94 Pts   -   edited February 4
    Why does the god have to hire henchmen like Moses to do its killing for it?

Couldn't it have just tossed all of the Midianites about thirty-seven and a half miles off the shore of the nearest ocean?  It seems that the only reason it didn't do that is because it really loves a good fight--the bloodier, the better. 
    @Phite When people look at the wars and death and suffering and calamity that manifests throughout the Torah, they wonder why a loving and compassionate Creator would permit such chaos. What most do NOT understand or realize, is the causation and purpose of our creation and this temporary Realm of Time constrained by physics. You and I are in this cosmic vacuum due to an unfathomable war that was initiated in the Kingdom of Elohim before Time was created and all that we perceive with our senses and beyond is the resultant of that war and Elohim's endeavor to restore order and peace to His Kingdom while simultaneously maintaining volitional love with His angelic creation...that He loves and cherishes beyond human comprehension.

Just understand, please, that the previous 6000-years of horror are a bulwark against future rebellion in the Kingdom where free will exists by necessity; this, as Elohim is allowing the evil introduced by a rebellious anointed cherub angel to play-out within the constraints of Time and physics for all to see and the conclusion of the matter will be that obedience and loyalty to Elohim and His sovereignty is the only sustainable path to a life (both spiritual and physical) worth living and that rebellion, selfishness, covetousness, self-righteousness, are pathways to horror, sorrow, death, nihilism. All that we confront in this temporary life within a temporary World and Heaven is an eschatological bulwark against future rebellion in the Kingdom where free will remains extant by necessity concerning intimacy with Elohim. The primary reason Messiah Jesus entered the Realm of Time was to defeat, destroy, the works of that rebellious anointed cherub and the one-third of the angelic creation that followed him in the Great Kingdom War.

@Phite When people look at the wars and death and suffering and calamity that manifests throughout the Torah, they wonder why a loving and compassionate Creator would permit such chaos. What most do NOT understand or realize, is the causation and purpose of our creation and this temporary Realm of Time constrained by physics. You and I are in this cosmic vacuum due to an unfathomable war that was initiated in the Kingdom of Elohim before Time was created and all that we perceive with our senses and beyond is the resultant of that war and Elohim's endeavor to restore order and peace to His Kingdom while simultaneously maintaining volitional love with His angelic creation...that He loves and cherishes beyond human comprehension.

Just understand, please, that the previous 6000-years of horror are a bulwark against future rebellion in the Kingdom where free will exists by necessity; this, as Elohim is allowing the evil introduced by a rebellious anointed cherub angel to play-out within the constraints of Time and physics for all to see and the conclusion of the matter will be that obedience and loyalty to Elohim and His sovereignty is the only sustainable path to a life (both spiritual and physical) worth living and that rebellion, selfishness, covetousness, self-righteousness, are pathways to horror, sorrow, death, nihilism. All that we confront in this temporary life within a temporary World and Heaven is an eschatological bulwark against future rebellion in the Kingdom where free will remains extant by necessity concerning intimacy with Elohim. The primary reason Messiah Jesus entered the Realm of Time was to defeat, destroy, the works of that rebellious anointed cherub and the one-third of the angelic creation that followed him in the Great Kingdom War.

Spam much ricky: https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/9579/why-did-elohim-create-the-heavens-and-the-earth-the-human-genome
    @Factfinder ; I simply took my response to @Phite and made a debate topic out of it...how is that SPAM?
    Factfinder
    @Factfinder ; I simply took my response to @Phite and made a debate topic out of it...how is that SPAM?
    You didn't disclose the fact. Spam.
    @Factfinder ; What is to be disclosed? Why is it SPAM simply because I thought my response would make a good debate topic? Also....Would you please address your responses to me using my @name...I don't receive your quotations in my inbox as you having responded to me directly?
    Factfinder
    @Factfinder ; What is to be disclosed? Why is it SPAM simply because I thought my response would make a good debate topic? Also....Would you please address your responses to me using my @name...I don't receive your quotations in my inbox as you having responded to me directly?
     You posted it as an original, it wasn't. That indicates you just wanted to repost with no explanation. Spam.
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 159 Pts   -   edited February 5
    @Factfinder ; What has that to do with the content of the debate which is posted in a closed forum setting? Why not respond to the debate content and not your perceived idea of SPAM which is original in this closed forum setting and it's not intended for distribution beyond this forum with the attached debate rhetoric...so please, stay on topic or leave my debate?
    @Factfinder ; What has that to do with the content of the debate which is posted in a closed forum setting? Why not respond to the debate content and not your perceived idea of SPAM which is original in this closed forum setting and it's not intended for distribution beyond this forum with the attached debate rhetoric...so please, stay on topic or leave my debate?
    It's just that your spamming has no justification. No body gets land because your fairy book says so. That thing don't even know how old the earth is.
    RickeyHoltsclaw
    It's just that your spamming has no justification. No body gets land because your fairy book says so. That thing don't even know how old the earth is.

Posting in a closed forum that cannot be shared on the Internet is not "spamming;" therefore, your comment is irrelevant and off topic as it has nothing to do with the debate premise...please stay on topic, thank you.

Posting in a closed forum that cannot be shared on the Internet is not "spamming;" therefore, your comment is irrelevant and off topic as it has nothing to do with the debate premise...please stay on topic, thank you.
    Your fairy book says Israel gets the land right? You spammed that on multiple sites right?

Your fairy book says Israel gets the land right? You spammed that on multiple sites right?

I have shared the truth of Israel's possession of the Land as an unconditional covenant from Elohim on my FB Page and on my Wordpress blog...if that's relevant and any of your business? What has that to do with the debate premise? Again, please stay on topic?

I have shared the truth of Israel's possession of the Land as an unconditional covenant from Elohim on my FB Page and on my Wordpress blog...if that's relevant and any of your business? What has that to do with the debate premise? Again, please stay on topic?
    Nobody gets land because your book says so. That is the topic ignorantly state.
    RickeyHoltsclaw
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 159 Pts   -   edited February 5

I never said it's my "book" but that the Scriptures tell us that Elohim, our Creator, gave the Land of Israel to Abraham via an unconditional covenant some 3900-years ago; therefore, the Land of Israel, subsequent the unconditional covenant between Abraham and Elohim, has never rightfully belonged to anyone but the children of Israel. This is Scriptural...if you reject the Scripture, that is your free will choice...but the debate premise is based upon what is written in the Canon and sworn to by covenant via Elohim. If you are an atheist, this subject is of no relevance to you as you deny both Elohim's existence and the veracity of the Canon; therefore, we have nothing to debate, but....thank you for your thoughtful input...it was very interesting. 

I never said it's my "book" but that the Scriptures tell us that Elohim, our Creator, gave the Land of Israel to Abraham via an unconditional covenant some 3900-years ago; therefore, the Land of Israel, subsequent the unconditional covenant between Abraham and Elohim, has never rightfully belonged to anyone but the children of Israel. This is Scriptural...if you reject the Scripture, that is your free will choice...but the debate premise is based upon what is written in the Canon and sworn to by covenant via Elohim. If you are an atheist, this subject is of no relevance to you as you deny both Elohim's existence and the veracity of the Canon; therefore, we have nothing to debate, but....thank you for your thoughtful input...it was very interesting. 
    You do not get to lie and bow out. A dumb book called the bible full of errors you admit, doesn't decide who gets what land.
    RickeyHoltsclaw

You do not get to lie and bow out. A dumb book called the bible full of errors you admit, doesn't decide who gets what land.

This comment is not relevant rebuttal but is very offensive and calling a book "dumb" reflects poorly on the one name calling as a book is not capable of intellect but simply articulates what the Author has placed on the pages of that book and if you're calling the Bible "dumb" are you also referring to the Holy Spirit, the Author of the Bible, as "dumb;" if so, are you not fearful that such blasphemy will not render you worthy of cursing? Elohim has certainly decided via an unconditional covenant that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob would maintain custody of the Land of Israel; this, through the Millennial Kingdom dispensation; therefore, your atheism does not negate the sovereignty of Elohim. 

Factfinder
  • PhitePhite 94 Pts   -  

Do you agree with the chronological order of creation as laid out in the bible?
    Phite said:

Do you agree with the chronological order of creation as laid out in the bible?

@Phite ;  Yes.
  • PhitePhite 94 Pts   -  

So, in your mind, it makes sense that vegetation predated the sun?
    RickeyHoltsclaw
    @Phite ; The Sun was present on the First Day...in v. 14, the Sun and the Moon are given specific purpose...it does not suggest the were created on Day-4.

In v. 14 God does not say, Let there be lights . . . to separate, as if there were no lights before this command and afterward the lights were created. Rather the Hebrew text reads, And God said, ‘Let the lights in the expanse of the sky separate.’ In other words . . . God’s command assumes the lights were already in the expanse and that in response to his command they were given a purpose, to separate the day from the night and to mark seasons and days and years.. . . It suggests that the author did not understand his account of the fourth day as the creation of lights; but, on the contrary, the narrative assumes that the heavenly lights had already been created in the beginning (John H. Sailhamer, Expositors Bible Commentary, Vol. 2, Frank E. Gaebelein General Editor, Grand Rapids Mi: Zondervan, 1990, p. 34).

• PhitePhite 94 Pts   -  

Did it make the stars before or after the sun?
    Phite said:

Did it make the stars before or after the sun?

We don't know...the text reads,

1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.

It is a safe assumption that the light was created in unison.

• PhitePhite 94 Pts   -  

Chapter 1, verse 16.  How did vegetation appear earlier without the sun?
    @Phite ; Can you explain the relevance of the creation narrative, the Sun, the Stars, with the debate topic titled

Are the Israel-hating pro-Palestine demonstrations wise or foolishness of the Devil?

• PhitePhite 94 Pts   -  
    You don't have to answer that question if you're uncomfortable doing so.
    @Phite ; If I had an answer for you I would provide it...truly, I have no interest in when the stars were created...as I look up on a clear night and they are present in their beauty...I trust what Elohim has provided in His words and the Bible was NEVER intended to be a science book but a love letter to those who desire to know Him and understand His purposes within the temporary Realm of Time. Please stay on topic....I have a debate topic active concerning why Elohim created...perhaps your inquiry concerning the creation narrative would be better served there? Thank you.

Factfinder
  • PhitePhite 94 Pts   -   edited February 5

Don't worry.  No more questions about the impossibility of vegetation predating the sun.
    @Phite ; If I had an answer for you I would provide it...truly, I have no interest in when the stars were created...as I look up on a clear night and they are present in their beauty...I trust what Elohim has provided in His words and the Bible was NEVER intended to be a science book but a love letter to those who desire to know Him and understand His purposes within the temporary Realm of Time. Please stay on topic....I have a debate topic active concerning why Elohim created...perhaps your inquiry concerning the creation narrative would be better served there? Thank you.

But the question is on topic. If the bible got it wrong explaining the chronological events of creation, then how can you expect anyone to trust israel gets the land just because the book says so?