frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Why did Elohim create the Heavens and the Earth, the human genome?

Debate Information

Why did Elohim create the Heavens and the Earth?

When students of Scripture and history reflect upon the wars and death and suffering and calamity that manifests throughout the Torah and subsequently to this very day, they wonder why a loving and compassionate Creator would permit such chaos. What most do NOT understand is the causation and purposes under girding our creation and this temporary Realm of Time constrained by physics.

You and I are in this cosmic vacuum due to an unfathomable war that was initiated in the Kingdom of Elohim before Time was created and all that we perceive with our senses and beyond is the resultant of that war and Elohim's endeavor to restore order and peace to His Kingdom while simultaneously maintaining volitional love with His angelic creation; an angelic creation that Elohim loves and cherishes beyond human comprehension.

It is critical to understanding causation for the creation narrative that the previous 6000-years of horror are a bulwark against future rebellion in the Kingdom where free will exists by necessity; this, as Elohim is allowing the evil introduced by a rebellious anointed cherub angel to play-out within the constraints of Time and physics for all to see and the conclusion of the matter will be that obedience and loyalty to Elohim and His sovereignty is the only sustainable path to a life (both spiritual and physical) worth living and that rebellion, selfishness, covetousness, self-righteousness, are unsustainable pathways to horror, sorrow, death, nihilism.

All that we confront with our senses in this temporary life within a temporary World and Heaven is an eschatological bulwark against future rebellion in the Kingdom where free will remains extant by necessity concerning intimacy with Elohim. The primary reason Messiah Jesus entered the Realm of Time was to defeat, destroy, the works of that rebellious anointed cherub and the one-third of the angelic creation that followed him in the Great Kingdom War (1 John 3:8b); this, with the precarious strategy of maintaining volitional love with His cherished angelic creation.
Elohim explains causation, reasoning, for the creation narrative from the Genesis to the Revelation; in fact, we see the introduction of the major players, the war, the battle strategy, introduced within the first-three chapters of the Genesis narrative. 

--- In Genesis 1:1, "Elohim" introduces Himself via a plural noun with a singular verb. 

--- In Genesis 1:2, The Holy Spirit introduces Himself as the Logistical Overseer of all things created.

--- In Genesis 1:26-28, we see the collaboration of Elohim as "Us" and "Our" - Father-Son-Spirit creating the complex human genome in the spiritual image of Elohim thereby imparting certain divine communicable attributes into the human genome specifically for Elohim's eschatological purposes going forward. 

--- In Genesis 3, we're introduced to the rebellious cherub angel that initiated the Kingdom War and that angel has been extricated from the Kingdom and placed partially within the constraints of Time and physics and allowed access to human kind (Ezekiel 28:11+); this, as Jesus tells us that He watched Satan fall from Heaven like lightening (Luke 10:18).

--- In Genesis 3:15, we see the declaration of war between Satan and Jesus (Jesus, born of the virgin seed of the woman to circumvent the Adamic sin-nature) and the prophecy that Messiah would be victorious over Satan as crushing the head of Satan but that Jesus would not be unscathed but receive a "bruised heal"...a death suffered on the Cross.

--- In Genesis 3:21, we see the divine battle strategy, the Gospel, that Elohim would employ to defeat the works of the Devil (death-Hell-the grave) through the imputation of righteousness, a gifting of righteousness that Elohim, Himself, would provide via the shedding of innocent blood to clothe sinful humanity in an imputed "robe of righteousness" that mankind could not earn, did not deserve; this, as Elohim rejected the works of mankind to cover his own sin and shame by the works of his hands exemplified by the "fig leaves" Adam used to cover his own shame and nakedness. This is the Gospel of Jesus Christ which was ordained "before Time began" (2 Timothy 1:8-10). 

Conclusion,

From the Genesis forward, we see Elohim's eschatological plan working through and around human kind's free will choices; this, through the Adamic and Noahic generations, through Noah, Shem, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Judah, Messiah...this eschatological plan can be followed through the Scriptures as the Holy Spirit methodically explains the who, what, where, when, why, how, concerning the Realm of Time, our purpose within it, and the closure of Time and physics, the New Heaven and the New Earth, the New Jerusalem. All one must do is possess a heart that is willing to receive and believe and seek and study via our Divine Teacher, the precious indwelling Holy Spirit given to all who "believe" Jesus is Messiah (Ephesians 1:13-14; 1 John 2:27).

Factfinder

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• FactfinderFactfinder 774 Pts   -  
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

How do you know elohohum created the universe when there is not one bit of evidence to support such delusions? How long ago did it do this? Did you see it? Did it create the earth first, then the stars? Did it create evil at the same time or was that before the earth? It anointed the cherub to die for it's cause so now you change your previous stance and admit biblical freewill is a farse?
    RickeyHoltsclaw
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 159 Pts   -  
    1) Elohim explains causation, reasoning, for the creation narrative from the Genesis to the Revelation; in fact, we see the introduction of the major players, the war, the battle strategy, introduced within the first-three chapters of the Genesis narrative.
    --- In Genesis 1:1, Elohim introduces Himself via a plural noun with a singular verb.
    --- In Genesis 1:2, The Holy Spirit introduces Himself.
    --- In Genesis 1:26-28, we see the collaboration of Elohim as "Us" and "Our" - Father-Son-Spirit creating the human genome in the spiritual image of Elohim thereby imparting certain divine communicable attributes into the human genome specifically for Elohim's eschatological purposes going forward.
    --- In Genesis 3, we're introduced to the rebellious cherub angel that initiated the Kingdom War and that angel has been extricated from the Kingdom and placed partially within the constraints of Time and physics and allowed access to human kind (Ezekiel 28:11+); this, as Jesus tells us that He watched Satan fall from Heaven like lightening (Luke 10:18). 
    --- In Genesis 3:15, we see the declaration of war between Satan and Jesus (born of the virgin seed of the woman to circumvent the Adamic sin-nature) and the prophecy that Messiah would be victorious over Satan as crushing the head of Satan but that Jesus would not be unscathed but receive a "bruised heal"...a death suffered on the Cross.
    --- In Genesis 3:21, we see the divine battle strategy, the Gospel, that Elohim would employ to defeat the works of the Devil (death-Hell-the grave) through the imputation of righteousness, a gifting of righteousness that Elohim, Himself, would provide via the shedding of innocent blood to clothe sinful humanity in an imputed "robe of righteousness" that mankind could not earn, did not deserve; this, as Elohim rejected the works of mankind to cover his own sin and shame by the works of his hands exemplified by the "fig leaves" Adam used to cover his own shame and nakedness. This is the Gospel of Jesus Christ which was ordained "before Time began" (2 Timothy 1:8-10). 

From the Genesis forward, we see Elohim's eschatological plan working through and around human kind's free will choices; this, through the Adamic and Noahic generations, through Noah, Shem, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Judah, Messiah...this eschatological plan can be followed through the Scriptures as the Holy Spirit methodically explains the who, what, where, when, why, how, concerning the Realm of Time, our purpose within it, and the close of Time and physics, the New Heaven and the New Earth, the New Jerusalem. All one must do is possess a heart that is willing to receive and believe and seek and study. 

Factfinder
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

That's just one book that science has disproven many claims it makes. Do you know what 'credible' evidence is? We need to see some of that in order to debate. Preaching only describes fantasies. 
    RickeyHoltsclaw
    @Factfinder ;  Science has never disproved the Canon of Scripture...but validated it. If you're speaking of evolution, Darwin's theory...that has never disproved the Genesis narrative but only provided the rebellious atheist fodder for their path to Hell.

Factfinder
    @Factfinder ;  Science has never disproved the Canon of Scripture...but validated it. If you're speaking of evolution, Darwin's theory...that has never disproved the Genesis narrative but only provided the rebellious atheist fodder for their path to Hell.

Science debunks the genesis narrative. Your book says the earth is older than the rest of the universe because thor created it before the rest. Reality debunks that. 
    @Factfinder ; My Book is Truth and provided ME by the Holy Spirit. Your "book" is written by "men" with an agenda who have NOT a clue. I choose to trust the Holy Spirit whom I love.

Factfinder
  • FactfinderFactfinder 774 Pts   -   edited February 4
    @Factfinder ; My Book is Truth and provided ME by the Holy Spirit. Your "book" is written by "men" with an agenda who have NOT a clue. I choose to trust the Holy Spirit whom I love.

It's a sin to call the unholy spirit a false communicator ricky. You said your book needs corrections so either your ghost lied or you are. You ghost claims it's word is truth. Truth needs no corrective measures. That means your book was written by man with an agenda, or your god, Aphrodite, santa, hercules, what ever myth you choose, is imperfect. 
    RickeyHoltsclaw
    @Factfinder ; The Holy Spirit is the Anointed Teacher of the redeemed in Jesus,

Factfinder
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -  
    Am I the only one quite disturbed by adults writing such deep arguments about Santa, tooth fairies and Skywalkers?
    RickeyHoltsclaw
    @Factfinder ; The Holy Spirit is the Anointed Teacher of the redeemed in Jesus,

So why does your ghosts word given to you need correction? Don't dodge the question.
    RickeyHoltsclaw
    MayCaesar said:
    Am I the only one quite disturbed by adults writing such deep arguments about Santa, tooth fairies and Skywalkers?
    No need to be in my case. Just bored. No football today.
    MayCaesarRickeyHoltsclaw
    @Factfinder ;  The only errors are made by fallible human beings...but they're few yet Elohim employs man in His conveyance of Truth...we're not absent the plan.  99% of the TEXT is perfect and trustworthy...I stake my life on it.

Factfinder
    @MayCaesar ;  You are only disturbed because your demon is not comfortable with you filtering Truth...you have chosen death in Hell...your demon will not relent easily...it's been too long.

Romans 1, it is written,

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

@Factfinder ;  The only errors are made by fallible human beings...but they're few yet Elohim employs man in His conveyance of Truth...we're not absent the plan.  99% of the TEXT is perfect and trustworthy...I stake my life on it.

So you believe in the fallible word of god.
    RickeyHoltsclaw
    @Factfinder ; No, I believe in the perfect word of Elohim...you see, the Autographs as originated through the Holy Spirit are perfect...as these were copied numerous times down through history by Scribes, words were misspelled, names reversed e.g., Jesus Christ - Christ Jesus...minor Scribal errors manifest accounting for perhaps .5 pages of errors which is to be expected via human nature...but the Text...its message...is perfect and unadulterated...you can trust it, believe it, love it, study it, live it...find peace with our Creator through it.

Factfinder
    @Factfinder ; No, I believe in the perfect word of Elohim...you see, the Autographs as originated through the Holy Spirit are perfect...as these were copied numerous times down through history by Scribes, words were misspelled, names reversed e.g., Jesus Christ - Christ Jesus...minor Scribal errors manifest accounting for perhaps .5 pages of errors which is to be expected via human nature...but the Text...its message...is perfect and unadulterated...you can trust it, believe it, love it, study it, live it...find peace with our Creator through it.

Nope. Can't be perfect if it has errors. You said it has errors: ...even the New KJV makes the correction concerning Isaiah 45:7. You said it was rushed, from not the most accurate set of god given manuscripts. Remember? Even now you say 99% accurate, that's not perfection. You worship the fallible god of the bible. You might want to rethink that.

RickeyHoltsclaw
    @Factfinder ; The KJV was rushed into print and those who translated it translated Isaiah 45:7 out of context and used evil for the Hebrew "ra" when "calamity"...an alternate definition was more accurate. Translators for the New King James Version made the appropriate correction. 

Translations vary...this is why my study Bible combines the Hebrew-Greek with the translation, I generally use the NASB, and the Hebrew-Greek Bible uses numerical identifiers from Strongs so that key words can be studied in their original language; this, so that any ambiguity or perceived inconsistency can be corrected before basing doctrine on that Scripture...

It is very difficult for translators to convey certain Scriptural truths from Hebrew into English and that is compounded when translating Greek into English; for example, there are three or four Greek forms of "love"...the context of the passage is needed to clarify which "love" is being discussed...

Consider the following discourse between Jesus and Simon Peter in John's Gospel, Chapter 21, I'm using the New American Standard Bible...a more word-for-word translation...

15 Now when they had finished breakfast, Jesus *said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of John, do you [e]love Me more than these?” He *said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I [f]love You.” He *said to him, “Tend My lambs.” 16 He *said to him again, a second time, “Simon, son of John, do you [g]love Me?” He *said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I [h]love You.” He *said to him, “Shepherd My sheep.” 17 He *said to him the third time, “Simon, son of John, do you [i]love Me?” Peter was [j]hurt because He said to him the third time, “Do you [k]love Me?” And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I [l]love You.” Jesus *said to him, “Tend My sheep.

The Greek "love" is agapao in v. 15...Jesus asked Simon if he "agapao" Him...agapao is God's love...a supreme form of love. Peter responds with "phileo"...the love of a friend...rather casual/informal.

In v. 16 Jesus asked Peter once again if Peter "agapao" Him to which Peter replied with "phileo."

But, in v. 17, Jesus asked Peter if he "phileo" Him...in other words, Jesus accepted that Peter could not, at that time, love Him with "agapao" love, why? Peter had just denied Him three-times prior to Messiah's crucifixion and Peter was distraught, ashamed, embarrassed... but Jesus was willing to meet Peter where Peter was in his healing and Jesus showed compassion accepted Peter's lesser love...Jesus did this for each time Peter denied Him...

The point is...if you don't include the original languages in your study, you will miss the deeper truths that are very difficult to translate from one language to another. These are not "errors" but translation problems.

@Factfinder ; The KJV was rushed into print and those who translated it translated Isaiah 45:7 out of context and used evil for the Hebrew "ra" when "calamity"...an alternate definition was more accurate. Translators for the New King James Version made the appropriate correction. 

Translations vary...this is why my study Bible combines the Hebrew-Greek with the translation, I generally use the NASB, and the Hebrew-Greek Bible uses numerical identifiers from Strongs so that key words can be studied in their original language; this, so that any ambiguity or perceived inconsistency can be corrected before basing doctrine on that Scripture...

It is very difficult for translators to convey certain Scriptural truths from Hebrew into English and that is compounded when translating Greek into English; for example, there are three or four Greek forms of "love"...the context of the passage is needed to clarify which "love" is being discussed...

Consider the following discourse between Jesus and Simon Peter in John's Gospel, Chapter 21, I'm using the New American Standard Bible...a more word-for-word translation...

15 Now when they had finished breakfast, Jesus *said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of John, do you [e]love Me more than these?” He *said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I [f]love You.” He *said to him, “Tend My lambs.” 16 He *said to him again, a second time, “Simon, son of John, do you [g]love Me?” He *said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I [h]love You.” He *said to him, “Shepherd My sheep.” 17 He *said to him the third time, “Simon, son of John, do you [i]love Me?” Peter was [j]hurt because He said to him the third time, “Do you [k]love Me?” And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I [l]love You.” Jesus *said to him, “Tend My sheep.

The Greek "love" is agapao in v. 15...Jesus asked Simon if he "agapao" Him...agapao is God's love...a supreme form of love. Peter responds with "phileo"...the love of a friend...rather casual/informal.

In v. 16 Jesus asked Peter once again if Peter "agapao" Him to which Peter replied with "phileo."

But, in v. 17, Jesus asked Peter if he "phileo" Him...in other words, Jesus accepted that Peter could not, at that time, love Him with "agapao" love, why? Peter had just denied Him three-times prior to Messiah's crucifixion and Peter was distraught, ashamed, embarrassed... but Jesus was willing to meet Peter where Peter was in his healing and Jesus showed compassion accepted Peter's lesser love...Jesus did this for each time Peter denied Him...

The point is...if you don't include the original languages in your study, you will miss the deeper truths that are very difficult to translate from one language to another. These are not "errors" but translation problems.

But ricky, only errors need correction. What you're in effect saying is god couldn't preserve his word perfectly, yet he can count hairs on everybody's heads. His word says so. Translation 'problems'? As in 'erroneous' translation problems? Do you see the ludicrously of your position?
    RickeyHoltsclaw
    @Factfinder ; Elohim did preserve His words perfectly in the Autographs...it is the copies that contain very minor discrepancies...Elohim created the Earth in perfection, humanity destroys it...yet Elohim grants humanity authority over the Earth and the beasts of the field and fish of the seas...you can trust the Scriptures...they are accurate...

Factfinder
    @MayCaesar ;  You are only disturbed because your demon is not comfortable with you filtering Truth...you have chosen death in Hell...your demon will not relent easily...it's been too long.

Romans 1, it is written,

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Can you try to speak like a healthy human, rather than a creepy monk?
    RickeyHoltsclaw
    @Factfinder ; Elohim did preserve His words perfectly in the Autographs...it is the copies that contain very minor discrepancies...Elohim created the Earth in perfection, humanity destroys it...yet Elohim grants humanity authority over the Earth and the beasts of the field and fish of the seas...you can trust the Scriptures...they are accurate...

Do you realize the level for which you contradict yourself? Elohohum did not preserve its word perfectly if copies contain discrepancies. It failed to preserve its word, a fact you inadvertently argue. Do you comprehend the enormous amount of irony here? You worship a fallible god. 
    RickeyHoltsclaw
    @Factfinder ; Elohim allows imperfect humanity access to the words...to copy them and be part of the proselytizing process, the eschatological plan, as humanity plays a strategic role in eschatology. Human errors in Scribal copies have been documented and noted...they total maybe one-half page over several thousand years of copies and have ZERO affect on any doctrine or teaching in Scripture.

I know you're concerned about your path to death in Hell and your demon makes every attempt to justify your decisions to hate Elohim, to hate Christianity, to hate those who love and serve Elohim...this is the nature of living in a fallen World and serving the god of this World, Satan. You desperately clamor to disparage the Canon as it comforts your demon and perhaps makes your sleep more sound...but this obfuscation will not stand the Judgement that is coming. 

With that said...the Scriptures in the Canon are perfect in their conveyance of Elohim's mind, His purposes for Time and Eternity and you have the choice to continue on the Path to Hell in unbelief or humble yourself and repent of your sin and trust-believe in Jesus as your Messiah and find peace with Elohim and knowledge that is simply NOT available to you in your servitude to Satan. You are very prideful in your atheism...you consider yourself a harbinger of truth and facts and knowledge...you are the devil's fool and you're dying by the second in your sin. 

@RickeyHoltsclaw

Elohim allows imperfect humanity access to the words...

Yes, perhaps that's the spot where god failed to preserve it's word...
    RickeyHoltsclaw
    @Factfinder ; The Word has been preserved...you simply reject it and seek obfuscation to justify your rejection of same...this is why you're headed to death in Hell in your sin.

Factfinder
    @Factfinder ; The Word has been preserved...you simply reject it and seek obfuscation to justify your rejection of same...this is why you're headed to death in Hell in your sin.

You said the word was erroneous. You cling to it because you hate the feeling you've been duped and can't admit it to yourself. 
    RickeyHoltsclaw
    @Factfinder ; I know in Whom I believe and why because I've done the study and lived the life for some 35-years...I know Jesus is Messiah and I understand why I'm here and where I'm headed...you don't...you are an insecure, angry, atheist...it eats at your demon that I tell you the Truth about your destiny and your apostasy due unbelief...you're angry, resentful, because you know you're wrong, you know you're headed to Hell yet your demon won't allow you to escape...and you don't possess the courage to challenge your demon and perform an honest study of the Scriptures with a heart willing to "believe." You have nothing to accomplish here...why not go play with your fellow atheists? You have made the affirmative decision to die in Hell...why not go enjoy what is left of your life in nihilism? You're too smart for God...

@Factfinder ; I know in Whom I believe and why because I've done the study and lived the life for some 35-years...I know Jesus is Messiah and I understand why I'm here and where I'm headed...you don't...you are an insecure, angry, atheist...it eats at your demon that I tell you the Truth about your destiny and your apostasy due unbelief...you're angry, resentful, because you know you're wrong, you know you're headed to Hell yet your demon won't allow you to escape...and you don't possess the courage to challenge your demon and perform an honest study of the Scriptures with a heart willing to "believe." You have nothing to accomplish here...why not go play with your fellow atheists? You have made the affirmative decision to die in Hell...why not go enjoy what is left of your life in nihilism? You're too smart for God...

Who you trying to convince, me or yourself?
    RickeyHoltsclaw
    @Factfinder You won't be convinced...you're sold out to the Devil...I'm simply making conversation and preparing fodder for my blog...let's hear your best.....

Factfinder
    @Factfinder You won't be convinced...you're sold out to the Devil...I'm simply making conversation and preparing fodder for my blog...let's hear your best.....

I'm convinced the religious are nuts.
    RickeyHoltsclaw
    @Factfinder ; I know the atheists are fools and demons in Time.

Factfinder
    @Factfinder ; I know the atheists are fools and demons in Time.

14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

2 The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.

3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Your god is talking about you ricky. Your pride in faith surpasses you professed so called love for god. There it is in black and white, you can't deny it.

RickeyHoltsclaw
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 159 Pts   -   edited February 5
    @Factfinder ;  I am here because of my Lord...you perceive my words as pride because they contradict your demonic ideology and directly counter the nihilistic life you've lived thus far...you're angry and you can't let go...you want to hear what I have to say but it simultaneously creates a stress and anger within you...I see you can't let go...you desperately want the Truth but your demon trembles and is angry at your insistence and continued questioning and banter...you are in a very bad way.

@Factfinder ;  I am here because of my Lord...you perceive my words as pride because they contradict your demonic ideology and directly counter the nihilistic life you've lived thus far...you're angry and you can't let go...you want to hear what I have to say but it simultaneously creates a stress and anger within you...I see you can't let go...you desperately want the Truth but your demon trembles and is angry at your insistence and continued questioning and banter...you are in a very bad way.

On the contrary. I know what you're going to say, I used to teach your doctrine. I'm not angry, just amused.
    RickeyHoltsclaw
    @Factfinder ; Yet you can't let go...why? We're accomplishing nothing...but you remain...you say nothing...but you remain and banter....why, are you lonely...are you frightened of what's coming in your unbelief?
    @Factfinder ; Yet you can't let go...why? We're accomplishing nothing...but you remain...you say nothing...but you remain and banter....why, are you lonely...are you frightened of what's coming in your unbelief?
    Right, we're accomplishing nothing. Why do you continue? You know why I do, I find it amusing on a boring day. What are you getting out of it?
    "You", "you", "you", "you", "you"... All of your arguments consist of bashing others for not following your insane doctrine, and you never ever mention your own flaws. Your pride is truly amazing! Or, should I rather say, arrogance? "Pride" can be a good thing when it is an objective recognition of your accomplishments - but you do not boast any accomplishments, just a set of insane fantasies.
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 159 Pts   -   edited February 5
    @MayCaesar ; You're not bashed if you're not bashing...if you're sincere...if you ask a question or put forth a logical and reasonable rebuttal...you receive same in kind, but you and @Factfinder feel the need to ridicule...to insult my faith and my Lord...you vomit on MY debates...you do nothing to further the conversation or provide a premise or topic or rebuttal that is worthy a response....you're only interested in defending your demon and your nihilism and your hatred for all things Christian...what do you expect?
    Factfinder
    @Factfinder ; I'm receiving absolutely NOTHING from my discourse with you...but you're ON MY DEBATE...if you don't have a relevant premise or rebuttal...why not go away...we're not fans of each other...it makes no sense to banter into the air...please take you hatred for Christianity to another debate...please leave mine alone...you have NOTHING to offer. Thank you.
    Factfinder
    @Factfinder ; I'm receiving absolutely NOTHING from my discourse with you...but you're ON MY DEBATE...if you don't have a relevant premise or rebuttal...why not go away...we're not fans of each other...it makes no sense to banter into the air...please take you hatred for Christianity to another debate...please leave mine alone...you have NOTHING to offer. Thank you.
    Because it's a debate and you offer no evidence. Just preaching. If you want to preach then admit it but this is a debate site. Got it?
    @Factfinder ; That's simply not true...you don't respond to the content of the debate premise but you simply want to express your hatred for Christianity and mock those who believe Jesus is Messiah. I'm asking you to please, take your hatred for Christianity elsewhere...
    Right, we're accomplishing nothing. Why do you continue? You know why I do, I find it amusing on a boring day. What are you getting out of it?

Factfinder
    @Factfinder ; That's simply not true...you don't respond to the content of the debate premise but you simply want to express your hatred for Christianity and mock those who believe Jesus is Messiah. I'm asking you to please, take your hatred for Christianity elsewhere...

I don't hate Christianity. Why would you say that? It's just not based in reality. I just pointed out how your entire argument falls apart under scrutiny. The bible narrative is false. You assert it's gods love is why people must suffer and die. But you HAVE NO PROOF GOD EXISTS. 
    RickeyHoltsclaw

I don't hate Christianity. Why would you say that? It's just not based in reality. I just pointed out how your entire argument falls apart under scrutiny. The bible narrative is false. You assert it's gods love is why people must suffer and die. But you HAVE NO PROOF GOD EXISTS. 

@Factfinder ; You have spoken with much vitriol against the Canon of Scripture and Christianity in your volumes of irrelevant "rebuttal"...though Christianity is not part of YOUR "reality," this does not suggest the reality of the faithful in Jesus don't resonate with Christianity and love of Elohim and peace of the indwelling Holy Spirit. 

Your atheism results in your inability to provide a logical and applicable and relevant response to the debate topic; therefore, it would be wise of you to bow-out and take up a rebuttal to a more secular oriented subject. 

The Holy Spirit tells us that the "fool" rejects knowledge of our Creator (Psalm 14:1); therefore, you have no capacity in your atheism to provide a relevant response to this debate; therefore, please confer with one who has published a secular subject that might be of interest to you. Thank you for your thoughtful and kind response. 

Factfinder
    Because it's a debate and you offer no evidence. Just preaching. If you want to preach then admit it but this is a debate site. Got it?
    No, you forgot... It is "his" debate! Rickey now is the owner of this website, and everything that happens here is his intellectual property. :smirk:
    RickeyHoltsclaw
    @MayCaesar Thank you for your insightful input. Unfortunately, the subject concerning why our Creator has created the Heavens and the Earth is more oriented toward those who possess a theological background and possess an intimate relationship with Elohim through faith in Jesus as their Messiah where the Holy Spirit is their Teacher, not the Devil. As an atheist, this subject matter is not within your ideological arena and therefore your input, though appreciated, has not been, nor will it be, truly relevant. I would very much appreciate it if you would avoid commenting on theological subjects unless you can stay on topic and avoid atheistic obfuscation and irrelevancy and the disparaging of faith and love for Jesus. This is MY debate, not the forum but this particular debate topic, please respect that? Thank you May.

Factfinder
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Oh, you came to a website less than 2 weeks ago and now get to set the rules? Silence, pup.

If you want to only talk to the people who agree with your theological assumptions, then go to church.
    MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Oh, you came to a website less than 2 weeks ago and now get to set the rules? Silence, pup.

If you want to only talk to the people who agree with your theological assumptions, then go to church.

@MayCaesar ; Quite contraire May, the rules are set for "debate," not atheistic h-a-t-e of Christianity. This debate topic falls under the "religion" specification for debate topics; therefore, it is appropriate that you confine your rebuttal to the theological, not your ideological h-a-t-e-r-e-d for Christianity and the Canon of Scripture. 

If you are absent the theological ability to respond in context, it is you that is violating the "rules" of debate due your irrelevant and spurious input; therefore, please...correct yourself and my objective is not pervasive "agreement" but "discussion" in context and with relevant knowledge that enhances the experience for all. 

It is a given that when a topic is categorized under "religion" that those contributing to the topic of debate will possess at least a modicum of theological knowledge in order to provide a relevant rebuttal for discussion; as an atheist, you have proven yourself incapable of such relevant rebuttal but only seek to vomit upon the pages intended for honest and intelligent discourse; therefore, please...check yourself and contribute appropriately; perhaps, in a forum more conducive to atheism and the world its ideology promulgates?

Factfinder
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

This is not how a debate works. I do not need to have knowledge of theology to spot errors in one's reasoning. It is like creating the thread claiming that "The Earth is flat" in the "science" category, then reject any criticism on the grounds of the person not being an expert in the "Flat Earth theory". When you bring a topic into the public discussion as you did here, anyone's input is a fair game.

I am waiting for any argument in favor of all of your fantasy stuff having any relation to reality. Until you have presented such argument, you have not begun debating anything.
    @MayCaesar ;
    MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

This is not how a debate works. I do not need to have knowledge of theology to spot errors in one's reasoning. It is like creating the thread claiming that "The Earth is flat" in the "science" category, then reject any criticism on the grounds of the person not being an expert in the "Flat Earth theory". When you bring a topic into the public discussion as you did here, anyone's input is a fair game.

I am waiting for any argument in favor of all of your fantasy stuff having any relation to reality. Until you have presented such argument, you have not begun debating anything.

I have provided, from the Text of Scripture, causation for Elohim's creation of the Earth, the Heavens, the complex human genome; therefore, in rebuttal, you are free to offer arguments as to why the creation narrative is not accurate in your opinion and offer your perspective as to the presence of matter, Time, the complex genome, logic, reason, thought, emotion, atrophy, life, death. 

This how a debate works May, a premise is forwarded, those who take-up that premise either challenge it or support it. Again, please "check yourself" May...please provide us with your insight from an atheistic ideological worldview on the creation or presence of Time, matter, the complex human genome and PLEASE stop with the atheistic obfuscation...it is wearisome and irrelevant. 

What is the "reality" of an atheist and from where does that atheistic reality emanate? How do you know there is a reality if you're an atheist?

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -   edited February 5
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Citations from a book do not constitute an argument. Make a strong argument for why what is in the book is an accurate description of reality.

As for how I know that there is a reality... "Cogito, ergo sum". If there is "I", then, by definition, there is a reality. And if there is no "I", then your question makes no sense.

I also wonder how you manage to get out of bed every morning, given that "god" has never explained to you how to do so. Care to explain this one?
    @MayCaesar
    MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Citations from a book do not constitute an argument. Make a strong argument for why what is in the book is an accurate description of reality.

As for how I know that there is a reality... "Cogito, ergo sum". If there is "I", then, by definition, there is a reality. And if there is no "I", then your question makes no sense.

I also wonder how you manage to get out of bed every morning, given that "god" has never explained to you how to do so. Care to explain this one?

1) I disagree...most premise preps emanate for a "book" that has conveyed some form of knowledge that the recipient considers questionable. The Bible is accurate because it has prevailed as the consummate mind of Elohim and has never been proven otherwise. It's eschatology is beyond the mind of man and has proven infallible.

2) Where did your "reality" find its genesis?

3) I exit the bed because Elohim has provided the wherewithal, to both his human creation and the animal kingdom, the ability and desire to pursue life. This is innate, May.