frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Why is Jesus infinitely superior to the god of Atheism, Satan, concerning societal sustainability?

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• FactfinderFactfinder 877 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

Is buttered popcorn an atheistic or theistic ritual?
    ZeusAres42GiantMan
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 169 Pts   -  
    Folks, we must tip our hats to the ingenious invention of the "god of Atheism," a figure so elusive and paradoxical that it rivals the famed Invisible Pink Unicorn in its ability to be simultaneously nowhere and everywhere. Atheists, long believed to be collectors of godless philosophies, are sure to be surprised to find they've been worshipping a deity all along, and none other than Satan himself! It's a plot twist worthy of the finest telenovelas.

Perhaps a movie is in order? 

@ZeusAres42 ;  In this life constrained by Time and physics you have but two-options concerning whom you will serve, Jesus or Satan. I choose Jesus.

Folks, we must tip our hats to the ingenious invention of the "god of Atheism," a figure so elusive and paradoxical that it rivals the famed Invisible Pink Unicorn in its ability to be simultaneously nowhere and everywhere. Atheists, long believed to be collectors of godless philosophies, are sure to be surprised to find they've been worshipping a deity all along, and none other than Satan himself! It's a plot twist worthy of the finest telenovelas.

Perhaps a movie is in order? 

@ZeusAres42 ;  In this life constrained by Time and physics you have but two-options concerning whom you will serve, Jesus or Satan. I choose Jesus.

So when will you stop lying and hating on people and start serving your lord?
    ZeusAres42GiantMan
    @Factfinder ; @Factfinder ;  I don't "ha-te" per se...I just tell the truth from Scripture and experiential relevance...to those who ha-te the truth, it sounds like ha-te...but either way, I got your attention.

• @RickeyHoltsclaw

How do you know that this is the truth? how do you know that you have interpreted these scripture correctly?
    FactfinderGiantMan

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6103 Pts   -  
    RickeyHoltsclaw said:

There is a third option: to not be Rickey. Then you do not have to choose between these two options!
    ZeusAres42
    MayCaesar said:
    RickeyHoltsclaw said:

There is a third option: to not be Rickey. Then you do not have to choose between these two options!

@MayCaesar ; @ZeusAres42 @Factfinder    As much as you would like there to be a "third option"...there is none....you either choose servitude to Jesus or you choose Satan. No choice is choosing Satan...choosing anything you believe is an alternative to Jesus is choosing Satan.

St. Luke 11:14-28: Now [Jesus] was casting out a demon that was mute. When the demon had gone out, the mute man spoke, and the people marveled. But some of them said, “He casts out demons by Beelzebul, the prince of demons,” while others, to test him, kept seeking from him a sign from heaven. But he, knowing their thoughts, said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and a divided household falls. And if Satan also is divided against himself, how will his kingdom stand? For you say that I cast out demons by Beelzebul. And if I cast out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they will be your judges. But if it is by the finger of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are safe; but when one stronger than he attacks him and overcomes him, he takes away his armor in which he trusted and divides his spoil. Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.

You are either with Jesus or you're with Satan...no middle ground.

• @RickeyHoltsclaw

how do you know that this is the truth? how do you know that you have interpreted these scripture correctly?
    Factfinder

@RickeyHoltsclaw

how do you know that this is the truth? how do you know that you have interpreted these scripture correctly?
    LOL yeah he don't even hide the fact he's dodging your questions...
    ZeusAres42
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 999 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Atheism has no objective moral basis

During the 20th century more people were murdered by atheist leaders (over 150 million) than all those killed by all other religious groups for a thousand years.  The one who called himself the prophet of the atheists, Anton LeVay made it clear that atheism is about doing what makes you happy and viewed selfishness as a virtue - the sole virtue of atheistic belief.  This is not a good basis for moral values.  When the followers of atheism are asked how is Anton LeVay wrong, they will often appeal to other moral systems which they have borrowed from Christianity or other religions, but when confronted with this fact, they are left with their feet firmly in mid-air, without a foundation of their own of why anyone should follow their moral claims.  
    GiantMan
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Ah, one quote from a 2,000 year old fantasy book says so? Okay, you have convinced me, senpai.
    During the 20th century more people were murdered by atheist leaders (over 150 million) than all those killed by all other religious groups for a thousand years.  The one who called himself the prophet of the atheists, Anton LeVay made it clear that atheism is about doing what makes you happy and viewed selfishness as a virtue - the sole virtue of atheistic belief.  This is not a good basis for moral values.  When the followers of atheism are asked how is Anton LeVay wrong, they will often appeal to other moral systems which they have borrowed from Christianity or other religions, but when confronted with this fact, they are left with their feet firmly in mid-air, without a foundation of their own of why anyone should follow their moral claims.  
    Boy, you really hate facts and truth huh, just? We have the same source of morals as you, I taught you that reality. You use what people wrote thousands of years ago. Not god especially a fictitious homicidal, vengeful babble god for your morals. Every chapter in the bible has an introduction explaining the HUMAN author and message. Does it not? We say we choose to be moral, you say you have to be cause god said so, I'd say volunteer moralism is far better. 
    GiantMan
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

LOL yeah he don't even hide the fact he's dodging your questions...

I know I have interpreted the Holy Spirit's words properly because the Holy Spirit resides within me and He is my Teacher. 

Remember, your quotes don't forward your comments to "me" but they're listed as a general contribution to the forum...I don't possess the interest to wade through 15-30 comments from atheists on subjects I care nothing about...If you truly want a response from me...add @rickeyholtsclaw to your rebuttal or statement and I will be honored to answer you.

Thanks atheists, Rick

@RickeyHoltsclaw

I know I have interpreted the Holy Spirit's words properly because the Holy Spirit resides within me and He is my Teacher. 

What did you do to know what gender it was? And was that before or after the bible had to be corrected?
    ZeusAres42
    How sustainable do you guys think our society would be if everyone thought like Rickey? Would we be having this conversation on the Internet right now? Would there be Internet at all?
    FactfinderGiantManZeusAres42
    @MayCaesar

Naw, there would be no internet. Our species would be extinct and reptilians would be atop the food chain!
    GiantManMayCaesarZeusAres42
  • GiantManGiantMan 43 Pts   -  
    MayCaesar said:
    Hmm, the most stable societies out there - in Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Korea - are also the least religious ones. The most unstable ones - in Afghanistan, in Pakistan, in Yemen - are the most religious ones. Could you explain how this aligns with your theory?
    You get that the largest church in the world is in South Korea right?  North Korea outlaws churches, not South Korea.  
    FactfinderZeusAres42
    @GiantMan

What do you mean by the "largest" church? Largest in what? In all lists of "N largest churches in the world" I cannot find a single one from South Korea.
    ZeusAres42
    MayCaesar said:
    How sustainable do you guys think our society would be if everyone thought like Rickey? Would we be having this conversation on the Internet right now? Would there be Internet at all?

@Factfinder ; @MayCaesar ; @ZeusAres42 ; @John_C_87 ;  The society that will exist conforming to how @rickeyholtsclaw "thinks" theologically will endure eternally; unlike the society the atheist prides themselves in today within the Realm of Time.

The New Jerusalem

21 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth. The first heaven and the first earth had disappeared, and there was no sea anymore. 2 And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem,[a] coming down out of heaven from God. It was prepared like a bride dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Now God’s presence is with people, and he will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them and will be their God.[b] 4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death, sadness, crying, or pain, because all the old ways are gone.”

5 The One who was sitting on the throne said, “Look! I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this, because these words are true and can be trusted.”

6 The One on the throne said to me, “It is finished. I am the Alpha and the Omega,[c] the Beginning and the End. I will give free water from the spring of the water of life to anyone who is thirsty. 7 Those who win the victory will receive this, and I will be their God, and they will be my children. 8 But cowards, those who refuse to believe, who do evil things, who kill, who sin sexually, who do evil magic, who worship idols, and who tell lies—all these will have a place in the lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last troubles came to me, saying, “Come with me, and I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10 And the angel carried me away by the Spirit to a very large and high mountain. He showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. 11 It was shining with the glory of God and was bright like a very expensive jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal. 12 The city had a great high wall with twelve gates with twelve angels at the gates, and on each gate was written the name of one of the twelve tribes of Israel. 13 There were three gates on the east, three on the north, three on the south, and three on the west. 14 The walls of the city were built on twelve foundation stones, and on the stones were written the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

15 The angel who talked with me had a measuring rod made of gold to measure the city, its gates, and its wall. 16 The city was built in a square, and its length was equal to its width. The angel measured the city with the rod. The city was 1,500 miles long, 1,500 miles wide, and 1,500 miles high. 17 The angel also measured the wall. It was 216 feet high, by human measurements, which the angel was using. 18 The wall was made of jasper, and the city was made of pure gold, as pure as glass. 19 The foundation stones of the city walls were decorated with every kind of jewel. The first foundation was jasper, the second was sapphire, the third was chalcedony, the fourth was emerald, 20 the fifth was onyx, the sixth was carnelian, the seventh was chrysolite, the eighth was beryl, the ninth was topaz, the tenth was chrysoprase, the eleventh was jacinth, and the twelfth was amethyst. 21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate having been made from a single pearl. And the street of the city was made of pure gold as clear as glass.

22 I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the city’s temple. 23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, because the glory of God is its light, and the Lamb is the city’s lamp. 24 By its light the people of the world will walk, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it. 25 The city’s gates will never be shut on any day, because there is no night there. 26 The glory and the honor of the nations will be brought into it. 27 Nothing unclean and no one who does shameful things or tells lies will ever go into it. Only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life will enter the city.

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 169 Pts   -   edited February 20
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

What did you do to know what gender it was? And was that before or after the bible had to be corrected?

@Factfinder @MayCaesar ; @John_C_87 ; @ZeusAres42 I know that the Holy Spirit is referred to by Jesus in the masculine...I trust Jesus...though the Holy Spirit is SPIRIT...there is no sexuality in the Spiritual Realm but the Godhead is referred to in the masculine for our benefit referencing their authority - divine responsibility over creation.

• GnosticChristianGnosticChristian 285 Pts   -  
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

@Factfinder @MayCaesar ; @John_C_87 ; @ZeusAres42 I know that the Holy Spirit is referred to by Jesus in the masculine...I trust Jesus...though the Holy Spirit is SPIRIT...there is no sexuality in the Spiritual Realm but the Godhead is referred to in the masculine for our benefit referencing their authority - divine responsibility over creation.

What benefit have women gained from Christianity becoming a homophobic and misogynous religion and adoring a genocidal prick of a God?

FactfinderZeusAres42
    RickeyHoltsclaw said:

there is no sexuality in the Spiritual Realm
    Sounds like the Spiritual Realm has gone full woke. :D "Gender is a social construct"!
  • @RickeyHoltsclaw

How do you know the holy spirity resides in you?  Can you elaborate here what you mean. Do you get this feeling in your body, hear Jesus speaking to you and telling you that you understand the scriptures or what? 

• @RickeyHoltsclaw

In response to the above I just aksed I also have some other questions if you would be so kind to answer:
    1. Could you share a specific instance where you felt the Holy Spirit guiding you? How do you differentiate between your own thoughts and the Holy Spirit's guidance?
    2. How do you reconcile your understanding of the Holy Spirit's messages with different interpretations that others might have, even if they also feel guided by the Holy Spirit?
    3. To what extent does faith play a role in your certainty that you're interpreting the Holy Spirit correctly?
    4. Have you ever doubted your interpretation of the Holy Spirit's guidance? What led you to reaffirm your belief?

Factfinder

• GiantManGiantMan 43 Pts   -  
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

How do you know the holy spirity resides in you?  Can you elaborate here what you mean. Do you get this feeling in your body, hear Jesus speaking to you and telling you that you understand the scriptures or what? 

I would imagine that the answer will differ for each person.  Can you tell me how you know there is no God?
    ZeusAres42FactfinderRickeyHoltsclaw
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2770 Pts   -   edited February 20
    @GiantMan

Since when is your name @RickeyHoltsclaw? And I never claimed such a thing. 

@RickeyHoltsclaw

In response to the above I just aksed I also have some other questions if you would be so kind to answer:
    1. Could you share a specific instance where you felt the Holy Spirit guiding you? How do you differentiate between your own thoughts and the Holy Spirit's guidance?
    2. How do you reconcile your understanding of the Holy Spirit's messages with different interpretations that others might have, even if they also feel guided by the Holy Spirit?
    3. To what extent does faith play a role in your certainty that you're interpreting the Holy Spirit correctly?
    4. Have you ever doubted your interpretation of the Holy Spirit's guidance? What led you to reaffirm your belief?

I do not want to intrude in what you're asking of ricky. But I will offer my insight as to why I thought 'the holy spirit' guided me. It was an overwhelming since of purpose combined with some basic truisms from the bible. You know, Do unto others... or what comes around goes around, or the writing on the wall, all very generic yet encapsulating when one is trying to figure out the philosophical question, why am I here? It is an extraordinary emotional security blanket under the right circumstances. Of course there is no reason why we're here, we just are.  
    ZeusAres42
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

I do not want to intrude in what you're asking of ricky. But I will offer my insight as to why I thought 'the holy spirit' guided me. It was an overwhelming since of purpose combined with some basic truisms from the bible. You know, Do unto others... or what comes around goes around, or the writing on the wall, all very generic yet encapsulating when one is trying to figure out the philosophical question, why am I here? It is an extraordinary emotional security blanket under the right circumstances. Of course there is no reason why we're here, we just are.  

"We are here" as relevant players, participants, in a spiritual war that was initiated before the creation of Time and physics; that war having been relegated to this created entity as a repository while Elohim restores order and peace to His eternal Kingdom.  

We're endowed with a specific purpose within the temporary Realm of Time, a purpose that has eschatological and eternal relevance. The wise pursue that purpose through a study of the Scriptures; the Scriptures are our Creator's "love letter" to those who seek knowledge relevant to the "why" concerning what we perceive within the Realm of Time via our senses.

@ZeusAres42 ; (a response to your inquiry)

1) The Holy Spirit guides me 24/7/365 concerning every moral decision I'm confronted with as the Spirit employs the spiritual law written upon my heart at conception (Hebrews 10; Romans 2:14-15), He enlivens that law and makes it applicable to my life via a redeemed conscience (2 Corinthians 5:17); a redeemed conscience was received as a resultant of my faith in Jesus as my Messiah...the "new man"...the indwelling Holy Spirit forms a divine, moral, catalyst from the combination of the spiritual law/the redeemed conscience and methodically walks me daily on a Path of behavioral obedience to the Father's will for my life; this Path is made evident via the production of divine fruit (Galatians 5:16-23) that the Spirit produces through me, divine fruit that glorifies the Father (John 15:8), eternally. 

The indwelling Holy Spirit is more active, more involved intimately in my life than any human being, any other outward source of interaction...The Holy Spirit is my Guarantor gifted me via New Covenant promise concerning faith in Jesus as my Messiah (Ephesians 1:13-14)...when the Spirit is YOURS...YOU KNOW THAT YOU KNOW (Romans 8:16) as all things become new...you're able to see the Spiritual that was masked prior to faith in Messiah. The Holy Spirit only moves me in the path of righteousness, morality, truth, dignity, honor, peace, love...when I internalize emotions and feelings contrary to these things, I am alerted instantaneously via my conscience that I'm walking in the flesh in disobedience...I'm not walking in the Path of obedience that pleases my Heavenly Father. The indwelling Holy Spirit is my most cherished Friend...He literally makes life worth living.  

2) The Holy Spirit's teaching and interpretation of the Scriptures is incredibly consistent among those who have been truly redeemed by faith. The interpretative inconsistencies discussed among "theologians" typically arise from doctrinal misunderstanding emanating from what the original language, the original text in context, has said; herein, is the root of sects, cults, schisms, religions. Other inconsistencies arise due man's pride, arrogance, narcissistic objectives.

3) Faith - Belief is the KEY to receiving salvation in Jesus and receiving the Holy Spirit's presence in one's life (John 3; Ephesians 1:13-14). When interpreting Scripture, it is more an "attribute of faith" that moves me and assures me; that is, the attribute of "trust." I wholly trust the Holy Spirit to teach me and guide me and conform me and prepare me for service to my Lord Jesus in the New Jerusalem.

4) I've never doubted what the Holy Spirit has taught me though I continue to struggle with certain teachings that I have yet to tackle and thoroughly study and seek intercession through prayer...such as the doctrine of the "rapture"...but the integral parts of the Gospel message the Spirit has taught with clarity and understanding and assurance.

I apologize for not having responded sooner...I happen-chanced upon these questions due their inclusion in @Factfinder (s) quote...please, if you're corresponding with me directly...please include @rickeyholtsclaw in the text so I receive it as a message from you; otherwise, they get lost in the morass of general contributions and I generally don't view most input on subjects that are of no interest to me. Thank you.

Rick

@RickeyHoltsclaw

1) The Holy Spirit guides me 24/7/365 concerning every moral decision I'm confronted with as the Spirit employs the spiritual law written upon my heart at conception (Hebrews 10; Romans 2:14-15), He enlivens that law and makes it applicable to my life via a redeemed conscience (2 Corinthians 5:17); a redeemed conscience was received as a resultant of my faith in Jesus as my Messiah...the "new man"...the indwelling Holy Spirit forms a divine, moral, catalyst from the combination of the spiritual law/the redeemed conscience and methodically walks me daily on a Path of behavioral obedience to the Father's will for my life; this Path is made evident via the production of divine fruit (Galatians 5:16-23) that the Spirit produces through me, divine fruit that glorifies the Father (John 15:8), eternally. 

The indwelling Holy Spirit is more active, more involved intimately in my life than any human being, any other outward source of interaction...The Holy Spirit is my Guarantor gifted me via New Covenant promise concerning faith in Jesus as my Messiah (Ephesians 1:13-14)...when the Spirit is YOURS...YOU KNOW THAT YOU KNOW (Romans 8:16) as all things become new...you're able to see the Spiritual that was masked prior to faith in Messiah. The Holy Spirit only moves me in the path of righteousness, morality, truth, dignity, honor, peace, love...when I internalize emotions and feelings contrary to these things, I am alerted instantaneously via my conscience that I'm walking in the flesh in disobedience...I'm not walking in the Path of obedience that pleases my Heavenly Father. The indwelling Holy Spirit is my most cherished Friend...He literally makes life worth living.  

2) The Holy Spirit's teaching and interpretation of the Scriptures is incredibly consistent among those who have been truly redeemed by faith. The interpretative inconsistencies discussed among "theologians" typically arise from doctrinal misunderstanding emanating from what the original language, the original text in context, has said; herein, is the root of sects, cults, schisms, religions. Other inconsistencies arise due man's pride, arrogance, narcissistic objectives.

3) Faith - Belief is the KEY to receiving salvation in Jesus and receiving the Holy Spirit's presence in one's life (John 3; Ephesians 1:13-14). When interpreting Scripture, it is more an "attribute of faith" that moves me and assures me; that is, the attribute of "trust." I wholly trust the Holy Spirit to teach me and guide me and conform me and prepare me for service to my Lord Jesus in the New Jerusalem.

4) I've never doubted what the Holy Spirit has taught me though I continue to struggle with certain teachings that I have yet to tackle and thoroughly study and seek intercession through prayer...such as the doctrine of the "rapture"...but the integral parts of the Gospel message the Spirit has taught with clarity and understanding and assurance.

I apologize for not having responded sooner...I happen-chanced upon these questions due their inclusion in @Factfinder (s) quote...please, if you're corresponding with me directly...please include @rickeyholtsclaw in the text so I receive it as a message from you; otherwise, they get lost in the morass of general contributions and I generally don't view most input on subjects that are of no interest to me. Thank you.

Rick

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 169 Pts   -   edited February 21
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

What benefit have women gained from Christianity becoming a homophobic and misogynous religion and adoring a genocidal prick of a God?

Christianity actually protects, supports, intercedes, on behalf of the women and there is no greater Advocate for the woman than Jesus who created the woman as the flower of Creation. It is Christianity that strictly adheres to what a woman actually is and her position and role within the Realm of Time, advocating for her honor and protection. It is the woman that Elohim chose as the divine vessel through whom He would introduce His Messiah as Savior of the World and Warrior-Victor over evil.

Christianity is NOT "homophobic" nor is it "misogynous" nor is our Creator a "genocidal prick of a God." The Scriptures, from which Christianity is derived through divine eschatology, simply warns you that sexual defilement is not only contrary to our Creator's will and purpose for humanity, but that sexual deviancy destroys mind, body, soul, due its compromise with the Devil's destructive intent concerning the welfare of the man, woman, the family. Elohim has set protective bounds and barriers for the act of procreation and that protective barrier is the Marriage Covenant that protects the woman and shelters her from abuse and narcissistic-selfish exploitation while the Marriage Covenant provides a protective environment for intimacy free from sexual diseases and pregnancy that far too often results in life-long physiological detriment, abuse, psychological trauma, abortion, sorrow and regret. 

Again, there is no greater Advocate for the woman than Jesus our Messiah who is the King of all who are called Christian. Every death that has manifest from Adam forward is due the work of the god you serve in your atheism, Satan. You accuse Elohim void knowledge and wisdom. You are not wise and your words are blasphemous.

• ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2770 Pts   -   edited February 21
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Given the profound guidance you receive from the Holy Spirit in moral decisions, how would you differentiate this divine instruction from deeply internalized ethical principles or societal norms? Is there a clear marker that signals divine origin?

Considering the intimate involvement of the Holy Spirit in your life now, how do you validate this experience to ensure it is not just personal intuition or subconscious desires but indeed divine guidance?

You mentioned consistency in interpretation among those truly redeemed. Given the diverse understandings of Scripture across different faith communities, how do you determine the reliability of one's own interpretation over others, especially when all parties feel guided by divine insight?

You highlighted trust in the Holy Spirit for scriptural interpretation. In what ways do you test or verify this trust to distinguish it from potentially misplaced faith, especially in complex or ambiguous scriptural passages?

You've expressed never doubting the Holy Spirit's teachings yet acknowledge struggles with certain doctrines. How does this process of struggling and seeking clarity contribute to or challenge the reliability of your approach to understanding divine truth?

@RickeyHoltsClaw

PS: Apologies for my behavior the other day; I was very inebriated. Now, with a genuine interest and sober mind, I'm curious about the whys and hows behind the things you've claimed. I would like to continue our discussion and look forward to reading your answers to these follow-up questions.
    RickeyHoltsclaw

RickeyHoltsclaw said:

This is precisely the mode of thinking incompatible with logic. As you yourself said, it is all about "belief", "faith", "trust", "never doubting" things. All of this implies that for a certain class of statements you just accept them without any critical thinking. What is different between you, and someone who gets duped by a Nigerian prince? Only the particular blind spots you and them have: they lack critical thinking when interacting with people giving them big financial promises, and you lack critical thinking when interacting with people (or texts) giving you big spiritual processes. At the end of the day, you both are equally susceptible to being duped, and you both lack any intellectual protection against falsehoods.

I will just say it right now, so you avoid wasting both your time and time of many other people: this kind of thinking will not resonate with us. If this is your line of reasoning, you better go elsewhere, to the people more welcoming to this stuff. To me, it is like closing eyes and jumping off a bridge, telling myself, "I am laying in my comfortable bed! I am safe!" An unfalsifiable statement is meaningless, and there is only one thing worse than that: not caring whether a statement is falsifiable or not, and just accepting it. The latter is the epitome of intellectual failure.
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Given the profound guidance you receive from the Holy Spirit in moral decisions, how would you differentiate this divine instruction from deeply internalized ethical principles or societal norms? Is there a clear marker that signals divine origin?

Considering the intimate involvement of the Holy Spirit in your life now, how do you validate this experience to ensure it is not just personal intuition or subconscious desires but indeed divine guidance?

You mentioned consistency in interpretation among those truly redeemed. Given the diverse understandings of Scripture across different faith communities, how do you determine the reliability of one's own interpretation over others, especially when all parties feel guided by divine insight?

You highlighted trust in the Holy Spirit for scriptural interpretation. In what ways do you test or verify this trust to distinguish it from potentially misplaced faith, especially in complex or ambiguous scriptural passages?

You've expressed never doubting the Holy Spirit's teachings yet acknowledge struggles with certain doctrines. How does this process of struggling and seeking clarity contribute to or challenge the reliability of your approach to understanding divine truth?

@RickeyHoltsClaw

PS: Apologies for my behavior the other day; I was very inebriated. Now, with a genuine interest and sober mind, I'm curious about the whys and hows behind the things you've claimed. I would like to continue our discussion and look forward to reading your answers to these follow-up questions.

You asked: Given the profound guidance you receive from the Holy Spirit in moral decisions, how would you differentiate this divine instruction from deeply internalized ethical principles or societal norms? Is there a clear marker that signals divine origin?

1) One can possess "deeply internalized ethical principles or societal norms" but if they're absent the indwelling Holy Spirit, not every moral or ethical decision they encounter is strictly interpreted from a divine perspective; in other words, prevailing societal norms, values, morals, that might run contrary to divine morals and ethics will result in an individual, one who is secularized, to often times compromise with subjective values of the society in which he/she lives. 

I don't doubt that there are Democrats-Progressives-Liberals who possess deeply internalized ethical principles and/or societal norms but march in the streets for infanticide via abortion and LGBTQ "rights" due equity and diversity. The internalized-ethical principles taught by and interceded in via the Holy Spirit are divine - Biblical moral principals that are eternally Elohim's righteousness, not those of a society though they may be "prevailing or subjectively ethical and moral" to a majority...moral relativism is prevalent in our secularized society; therefore, simply because a principle or societal norm is "deeply internalized" does not make it divine, morally or ethical in accordance with Elohim's righteous standards (Romans 1:18-32); we live in a Time where everyone does what is right in their own eyes...moral relativism is not divine morality (Judges 17:6; 21:25; Isaiah 5:20).  

The Scriptures define what is ethical and moral behavior as per Elohim and it is the indwelling Holy Spirit who walks the redeemed in Jesus on this narrow path and it is the Spirit who actively intercedes at every juncture of discernment where the redeemed encounter a fork in the road concerning morality or ethical behavior. Even if the Christian takes a wrong turn, the Spirit instantaneously intercedes through the redeemed conscience and that conscience is beleaguered, troubled...peace and joy diminished...intimacy with the Father is interrupted...distress ensues until the Christian repents and DOES WHAT IS RIGHT. The indwelling Holy Spirit has no tolerance for rationalization/obfuscation by the Adamic sin-nature but makes clear what conduct is acceptable and what is NOT...unless one possess the Holy Spirit the intercession of the Spirit and His counsel is difficult to understand.

You said: You mentioned consistency in interpretation among those truly redeemed. Given the diverse understandings of Scripture across different faith communities, how do you determine the reliability of one's own interpretation over others, especially when all parties feel guided by divine insight?

2) When I began my study of the Scriptures over 30-years ago, I approached the Holy Spirit's words consistently from a "literal" interpretation unless context suggested otherwise. This approach has never failed me.

The primary differentiation between "Christian" denominations are primarily based in style of worship and traditions but the immutable principles of the Gospel are staunchly consistent in Christianity. When one incorrectly believes that faith in Jesus + something is required in order to be saved from death in Hell, they are not Christian, they are a cult-religion-a sect but they cannot be identified as a Christian (Ephesians 2:8-9). If an individual denies the Deity of Jesus, they are NOT a Christian (John 8:24) as the Holy Spirit testifies of these essential doctrines and a servant of Jesus, the redeemed in Jesus know that it is by faith, alone, that one finds righteousness (a right standing) with the Father and the Holy Spirit teaches and testifies of Messiah's deity...the necessity for same and if anyone denies faith, alone, or the deity of Jesus, they are NOT a Christian...they may have a great "religion"...but they don't belong to the Father and they do NOT posses the indwelling Holy Spirit.

Religions and cults are easily distinguished by their view of who Jesus is and how one enters into covenant with the Father. Judaism teaches that one is made righteous through keeping Torah Law but the Holy Spirit clearly teaches that no one is justified through law-keeping (Ephesians 2:8-9; Galatians 2:16; Romans 3:20-21. Islam teaches adherence to rules, the Quran, Muhammad, but Islam is a religious cult...whose Allah is Satan masquerading as an angel of light via the Arabic moon god; Muhammad is a false prophet who was demon possessed 7th-Century nomadic murdering pedophile thief who plagiarized the Jewish Torah to construct the Quran attempting to convince the Jews and Christians in Medina to follow His new religion; the Islamic Caliphate/Islam ultimately butchered thousands of Jews, Christians, by the edge of the sword until temporarily stopped in 1924. 

Catholicism is a good example of a religious cult, 2nd-only in size to Islam. Catholicism is a merging of Roman-Babylonian paganism with elements of non-Christian Apocryphal doctrine and sprinkled with elements of Christian doctrine used by Emperor Constantine via the Edict of Milan (312-313AD) as a religious format that allowed him greater control over the burgeoning Roman Empire. The Mass-the Eucharist, the veneration of Mary; the Magisteriam; Indulgences; praying for the dead; purgatory...these are essentially a "works doctrine" that pollutes the purity of the Gospel. 

There are those "cults" out there like the Jehovah's Witnesses (who have their own bible); the Mormons, these are works cults who believe they can work themselves into the Kingdom through human effort having a corrupted perspective of Jesus as the half-brother of Lucifer or as a created being thus denying the deity of Messiah. Mormon's insist that Joseph Smith is a great prophet and Smith is also a path to paradise.

There are sects and cults like the Seventh Day Adventists who believe in a works doctrine and mandate the 4th-Commandment as an essential observance for those truly saved. 

On and on it goes...but the Father knows those who are truly His and the Spirit testifies of this (Romans 8:16). Christianity teaches that is NOT what we do but in Whom we believe that initiated New Covenant relationship with the Father...it is by faith, alone, in Jesus, alone, that we find righteousness (a right standing) with the Father and the receiving of the indwelling Holy Spirit (John 14:6; Ephesians 1:8-9).

You asked: You highlighted trust in the Holy Spirit for scriptural interpretation. In what ways do you test or verify this trust to distinguish it from potentially misplaced faith, especially in complex or ambiguous scriptural passages?

3) My trust in the Holy Spirit and what He teaches always culminates in divine peace within...the doctrines espoused by the Spirit are very clear and unambiguous when one is indwelt by the Spirit...it is difficult for me to express to one who has never tasted the goodness of the Spirit's presence...but YOU KNOW THAT YOU KNOW....and the Spirit teaches nothing that is not repeatedly taught in His words from the Genesis to the Revelation. The Christian is commanded "to walk in the Spirit" (Galatians 5:16) and in doing so, the Christian is assured Truth and Peace and Joy...these things are so tangible to the faithful in Jesus...if only you could partake, even for a moment...you would understand.

You said: You've expressed never doubting the Holy Spirit's teachings yet acknowledge struggles with certain doctrines. How does this process of struggling and seeking clarity contribute to or challenge the reliability of your approach to understanding divine truth?

4) My struggle with certain doctrines...primarily the doctrine of the "rapture" is my own fault because I've not dedicated the Time to prayer and study in order that the Holy Spirit teach me exactly what He desires I know and understand...I believe the doctrine of the "rapture" as the Holy Spirit teaches it but how same will be carried-out is a mystery to me...it may remain so until I experience it...there are things the Holy Spirit holds dear to the heart of Elohim and they will only be revealed in that Day. I'm good with that because if my 3-pound brain could explain everything about our omnipotent Creator...He would not be God. What I don't understand or cannot explain I accept by faith and know that my Lord will work all things to my good (Romans 8:28).

NO apologies necessary...we all have struggles...I understand fully, God Bless YOU! Thanks for the sincere questions.

Rick

MayCaesar said:
    RickeyHoltsclaw said:

This is precisely the mode of thinking incompatible with logic. As you yourself said, it is all about "belief", "faith", "trust", "never doubting" things. All of this implies that for a certain class of statements you just accept them without any critical thinking. What is different between you, and someone who gets duped by a Nigerian prince? Only the particular blind spots you and them have: they lack critical thinking when interacting with people giving them big financial promises, and you lack critical thinking when interacting with people (or texts) giving you big spiritual processes. At the end of the day, you both are equally susceptible to being duped, and you both lack any intellectual protection against falsehoods.

I will just say it right now, so you avoid wasting both your time and time of many other people: this kind of thinking will not resonate with us. If this is your line of reasoning, you better go elsewhere, to the people more welcoming to this stuff. To me, it is like closing eyes and jumping off a bridge, telling myself, "I am laying in my comfortable bed! I am safe!" An unfalsifiable statement is meaningless, and there is only one thing worse than that: not caring whether a statement is falsifiable or not, and just accepting it. The latter is the epitome of intellectual failure.

@MayCaesar ;  Don't include everyone as you journey on the Path to death in Hell...some may find that giving Jesus a chance is logical and reasonable. Chase your intellectualism into Hell...I'll trust in Jesus.

@RickeyHoltsclaw

Yes, I am sure a being intelligent enough to create the Universe would send people pursuing intellectualism to Hell, and those believing in fairytales blindly to Heaven... Sure-sure. :smirk:
    MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Yes, I am sure a being intelligent enough to create the Universe would send people pursuing intellectualism to Hell, and those believing in fairytales blindly to Heaven... Sure-sure. :smirk:

It's not your false intellectualism that sends you to Hell, it's your rejection of our Creator's will concerning Jesus as atonement for your sin...you send yourself to Hell due your rejection of Elohim's divine mandate concerning the Son, Jesus Christ, and the atonement He provided for your sin at Golgotha...you can believe what the Holy Spirit has told you and LIVE; You can deny what the Holy Spirit has told you and die in Hell...you are free to choose; thus far, you have "chosen" unwisely.

@RickeyHoltsclaw

If the creator exists, he will be respectful of intellect enough to accept people not believing in ancient fantasies, and he will not be as petty and insecure as to be offended over some lowly human not believing in him.

Ironically, you, nutcases, make him the biggest disservice by projecting your own lousy qualities onto him. You cannot tolerate the fact that not everyone thinks like you, and you think that the master of the Universe would be just as petty. But no, it is just you and your lousy characters.
    MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

If the creator exists, he will be respectful of intellect enough to accept people not believing in ancient fantasies, and he will not be as petty and insecure as to be offended over some lowly human not believing in him.

Ironically, you, nutcases, make him the biggest disservice by projecting your own lousy qualities onto him. You cannot tolerate the fact that not everyone thinks like you, and you think that the master of the Universe would be just as petty. But no, it is just you and your lousy characters.

@MayCaesar ; No, He won't May...there are no exceptions or understanding or compassion or grace or mercy for the one who rejects His suffering and sacrifice for your Path to life in the Kingdom. You don't know our Lord...and you don't know His wrath...you're playing a lazy and deadly game. His will is that you believe in the One He has sent into the World to provide you blood atonement for your sin...there are no exceptions.

• @RickeyHoltsclaw

@RickeyHoltsClaw

You asked: Given the profound guidance you receive from the Holy Spirit in moral decisions, how would you differentiate this divine instruction from deeply internalized ethical principles or societal norms? Is there a clear marker that signals divine origin?

1) One can possess "deeply internalized ethical principles or societal norms" but if they're absent the indwelling Holy Spirit, not every moral or ethical decision they encounter is strictly interpreted from a divine perspective; in other words, prevailing societal norms, values, morals, that might run contrary to divine morals and ethics will result in an individual, one who is secularized, to often times compromise with subjective values of the society in which he/she lives. 
    How do you determine the universality of divine morals as interpreted by the Holy Spirit? Furthermore, in cases where individuals of strong faith from different religious traditions claim differing divine guidance, how do we tell which is truly divine, especially if they all claim internal confirmation from their spiritual guidance?

I don't doubt that there are Democrats-Progressives-Liberals who possess deeply internalized ethical principles and/or societal norms but march in the streets for infanticide via abortion and LGBTQ "rights" due equity and diversity. The internalized-ethical principles taught by and interceded in via the Holy Spirit are divine - Biblical moral principals that are eternally Elohim's righteousness, not those of a society though they may be "prevailing or subjectively ethical and moral" to a majority...moral relativism is prevalent in our secularized society; therefore, simply because a principle or societal norm is "deeply internalized" does not make it divine, morally or ethical in accordance with Elohim's righteous standards (Romans 1:18-32); we live in a Time where everyone does what is right in their own eyes...moral relativism is not divine morality (Judges 17:6; 21:25; Isaiah 5:20).  
    How should people go about situations where societal ethics conflict with personal religious convictions? Additionally, in a society where people of different faiths and no faith hold genuine differing moral convictions , how do we determine the applicability of one set of divine morals over others, especially when such convictions are deeply felt but differ significantly across cultures and religions?

The Scriptures define what is ethical and moral behavior as per Elohim and it is the indwelling Holy Spirit who walks the redeemed in Jesus on this narrow path and it is the Spirit who actively intercedes at every juncture of discernment where the redeemed encounter a fork in the road concerning morality or ethical behavior. Even if the Christian takes a wrong turn, the Spirit instantaneously intercedes through the redeemed conscience and that conscience is beleaguered, troubled...peace and joy diminished...intimacy with the Father is interrupted...distress ensues until the Christian repents and DOES WHAT IS RIGHT. The indwelling Holy Spirit has no tolerance for rationalization/obfuscation by the Adamic sin-nature but makes clear what conduct is acceptable and what is NOT...unless one possess the Holy Spirit the intercession of the Spirit and His counsel is difficult to understand.

How is one supposed to distinguish between the influence of the Holy Spirit and their own conscience or emotional responses, especially in moral situations where well-meaning individuals might interpret the guidance differently? Furthermore, how should believers approach situations where their understanding of the Holy Spirit's guidance leads to actions or beliefs that are in conflict with those of other bonafide believers who also feel guided by the Holy Spirit?

You said: You mentioned consistency in interpretation among those truly redeemed. Given the diverse understandings of Scripture across different faith communities, how do you determine the reliability of one's own interpretation over others, especially when all parties feel guided by divine insight?

2) When I began my study of the Scriptures over 30-years ago, I approached the Holy Spirit's words consistently from a "literal" interpretation unless context suggested otherwise. This approach has never failed me.

How do you address the challenge of differing interpretations among equally sincere believers who also rely on the Holy spirit for guidance but arrive at different conclusions? More, specifically, in situations where context and cultural understanding impact the interpretation of Scripture, how is the reliability of one's own literal interpretation assured against potential misunderstandings or the evolving understanding of ancient texts?

The primary differentiation between "Christian" denominations are primarily based in style of worship and traditions but the immutable principles of the Gospel are staunchly consistent in Christianity. When one incorrectly believes that faith in Jesus + something is required in order to be saved from death in Hell, they are not Christian, they are a cult-religion-a sect but they cannot be identified as a Christian (Ephesians 2:8-9). If an individual denies the Deity of Jesus, they are NOT a Christian (John 8:24) as the Holy Spirit testifies of these essential doctrines and a servant of Jesus, the redeemed in Jesus know that it is by faith, alone, that one finds righteousness (a right standing) with the Father and the Holy Spirit teaches and testifies of Messiah's deity...the necessity for same and if anyone denies faith, alone, or the deity of Jesus, they are NOT a Christian...they may have a great "religion"...but they don't belong to the Father and they do NOT posses the indwelling Holy Spirit.
    How do you navigate the reality of sincere, devout individuals within the broader Christian tradition who might interpret  aspects of Scripture differently? Also, in the context of the global Christian community, where various traditions and interpretations coexist, how is the line drawn between acceptable variation in understanding and what is considered a departure from essential Christian doctrine? 

Religions and cults are easily distinguished by their view of who Jesus is and how one enters into covenant with the Father. Judaism teaches that one is made righteous through keeping Torah Law but the Holy Spirit clearly teaches that no one is justified through law-keeping (Ephesians 2:8-9; Galatians 2:16; Romans 3:20-21. Islam teaches adherence to rules, the Quran, Muhammad, but Islam is a religious cult...whose Allah is Satan masquerading as an angel of light via the Arabic moon god; Muhammad is a false prophet who was demon possessed 7th-Century nomadic murdering pedophile thief who plagiarized the Jewish Torah to construct the Quran attempting to convince the Jews and Christians in Medina to follow His new religion; the Islamic Caliphate/Islam ultimately butchered thousands of Jews, Christians, by the edge of the sword until temporarily stopped in 1924. 
    Ok, How do you propose individuals should critically evaluate historical and theological claims about other religions? Furthermore, considering the importance of interfaith dialogue and understanding in a pluralistic society, how can one balance holding firm to one's religious convictions while engaging respectfully and constructively with individuals of different faith backgrounds? How should one approach the verification of historical and theological claims that are critical of other faiths?

Catholicism is a good example of a religious cult, 2nd-only in size to Islam. Catholicism is a merging of Roman-Babylonian paganism with elements of non-Christian Apocryphal doctrine and sprinkled with elements of Christian doctrine used by Emperor Constantine via the Edict of Milan (312-313AD) as a religious format that allowed him greater control over the burgeoning Roman Empire. The Mass-the Eucharist, the veneration of Mary; the Magisteriam; Indulgences; praying for the dead; purgatory...these are essentially a "works doctrine" that pollutes the purity of the Gospel. 
    How do you assess the criteria used to distinguish between what constitutes orthodoxy and heresy, or a 'cult' versus a legitimate religious tradition?  How important is it to consider the diversity within the Christian tradition when making such assessments?

There are those "cults" out there like the Jehovah's Witnesses (who have their own bible); the Mormons, these are works cults who believe they can work themselves into the Kingdom through human effort having a corrupted perspective of Jesus as the half-brother of Lucifer or as a created being thus denying the deity of Messiah. Mormon's insist that Joseph Smith is a great prophet and Smith is also a path to paradise.
    How should individuals approach the study and understanding of these differences?  What role do historical context and scriptural interpretation play in forming one’s understanding of other religious perspectives?

There are sects and cults like the Seventh Day Adventists who believe in a works doctrine and mandate the 4th-Commandment as an essential observance for those truly saved. 
    On and on it goes...but the Father knows those who are truly His and the Spirit testifies of this (Romans 8:16). Christianity teaches that is NOT what we do but in Whom we believe that initiated New Covenant relationship with the Father...it is by faith, alone, in Jesus, alone, that we find righteousness (a right standing) with the Father and the receiving of the indwelling Holy Spirit (John 14:6; Ephesians 1:8-9).
    How can believers go about exploring these differences while seeking unity within the broader Christian community? Also, how do we reconcile the emphasis on faith alone for salvation with the plethora of interpretations and practices among Christians who all seek to follow Jesus' teachings? 

You asked: You highlighted trust in the Holy Spirit for scriptural interpretation. In what ways do you test or verify this trust to distinguish it from potentially misplaced faith, especially in complex or ambiguous scriptural passages?
    3) My trust in the Holy Spirit and what He teaches always culminates in divine peace within...the doctrines espoused by the Spirit are very clear and unambiguous when one is indwelt by the Spirit...it is difficult for me to express to one who has never tasted the goodness of the Spirit's presence...but YOU KNOW THAT YOU KNOW....and the Spirit teaches nothing that is not repeatedly taught in His words from the Genesis to the Revelation. The Christian is commanded "to walk in the Spirit" (Galatians 5:16) and in doing so, the Christian is assured Truth and Peace and Joy...these things are so tangible to the faithful in Jesus...if only you could partake, even for a moment...you would understand.

How do you propose individuals navigate the diversity of interpretations and understandings among believers who all feel guided by the Holy Spirit but come to different conclusions? Furthermore, how can believers discern between personal interpretation influenced by the Holy Spirit and their own cognitive biases or cultural influences, especially when the spirit's guidance is described as leading to unambiguous understanding?

You said: You've expressed never doubting the Holy Spirit's teachings yet acknowledge struggles with certain doctrines. How does this process of struggling and seeking clarity contribute to or challenge the reliability of your approach to understanding divine truth?
    4) My struggle with certain doctrines...primarily the doctrine of the "rapture" is my own fault because I've not dedicated the Time to prayer and study in order that the Holy Spirit teach me exactly what He desires I know and understand...I believe the doctrine of the "rapture" as the Holy Spirit teaches it but how same will be carried-out is a mystery to me...it may remain so until I experience it...there are things the Holy Spirit holds dear to the heart of Elohim and they will only be revealed in that Day. I'm good with that because if my 3-pound brain could explain everything about our omnipotent Creator...He would not be God. What I don't understand or cannot explain I accept by faith and know that my Lord will work all things to my good (Romans 8:28).
    How do you reconcile the moments of doubt or lack of understanding with the assurance of divine truth? Is there a role for theological exploration and debate within the framework of faith, and how should individuals approach doctrines that remain mysterious or unclear, both personally and in community discussions?

Hereafter, there are some other questions I would like to explore in addtion to the above if you don't mind sharing.
    1. Reflecting on your career as a police officer, where evidence and investigation are crucial, how do you compare the methods you used to ascertain facts in your profession with the methods you use to understand and interpret spiritual truths? Do you find one approach more reliable than the other, especially when making important decisions or conclusions?
    2. You mentioned that your life would not be worth living without Jesus and that a significant shift occurred 30 years ago. Have you always held strong religious beliefs since childhood, or was there a particular moment or series of events that deepened your faith? How has your approach to understanding and practicing your faith evolved over time?
    3. Was there a pivotal or traumatic event in your life that led you to seek solace or answers in religion more intensely than before? If you're comfortable sharing, how did this event influence your perspective on faith and the methods you use to seek spiritual truth?

NO apologies necessary...we all have struggles...I understand fully, God Bless YOU! Thanks for the sincere questions.
    You're welcome. 

@RickeyHoltsclaw

You stated:

Hereafter, there are some other questions I would like to explore in addtion to the above if you don't mind sharing.
    1. Reflecting on your career as a police officer, where evidence and investigation are crucial, how do you compare the methods you used to ascertain facts in your profession with the methods you use to understand and interpret spiritual truths? Do you find one approach more reliable than the other, especially when making important decisions or conclusions?
    2. You mentioned that your life would not be worth living without Jesus and that a significant shift occurred 30 years ago. Have you always held strong religious beliefs since childhood, or was there a particular moment or series of events that deepened your faith? How has your approach to understanding and practicing your faith evolved over time?
    3. Was there a pivotal or traumatic event in your life that led you to seek solace or answers in religion more intensely than before? If you're comfortable sharing, how did this event influence your perspective on faith and the methods you use to seek spiritual truth?
    Response,

1) From my earliest memories, playing outside at night in Houston as a child, looking around me at the people, neighbors, homes, love between my parents, my Dad who worked such long hours to provide for us and Mom who stayed home and never left our side... and our neighbors...I NEVER doubted the reality of a Creator...I did not understand causation or purpose or intent...but I simply could not deny that what engulfed me daily in Nature was a gift - a created masterpiece beyond human explanation; therefore, it was never a great leap from my childhood faith to my adult faith that slapped me in the face when I first sat down on a small couch in a small apartment in a Chicago suburb while on vacation and read about half-way through the New Testament in the "Living Bible." My "spiritual" endeavor at that moment was in pursuit of knowledge because I had just been embarrassed by a visiting Messianic Priest who visited the family I visiting on vacation...the meeting was divinely foreordained though I never saw it coming.

My first read of the Scriptures led to an incredibly in-depth study of the Bible...a fervent study that engrossed me physiologically and spiritually...I WANTED ANSWERS. It was in the midst of my first read that an unfathomable "change" came over me...and that change morphed into a spiritual love for my Creator and assurance that was all was GOOD between Elohim and myself as I trusted in what He has said and I believed what the Holy Spirit had placed upon my heart. I truly believes that Jesus is Messiah and that He suffered and died for me so that I can live with Him eternally. 

The evidence that bolstered my faith was eschatological in nature...the amazing prophesies that had come to pass EXACTLY as Elohim had said...the "flow" from the Genesis through Adam to Moses to Shem to Abraham to Isaac to Jacob (Israel) to Judah to Messiah...these things are NOT of mankind. I believed and Elohim has honored my belief and trust with His Spirit...all I can say is "Thank You!"

2) & 3)  As I mentioned earlier...I've never doubted the necessity for a Creator in response to what I have observed in the night sky, the World around me, from my earliest childhood...I knew Elohim existed...I simply lacked the knowledge and presence of mind, the wherewithal, to explain why. 

I had been a Houston Police Officer for about 13-years before my first thorough read of the Scriptures and my spiritual experience in that tiny apartment in a Chicago suburb. In those first 13-years in law enforcement, I had been intimately involved in so much suffering, death, hopelessness, horror...the blood, bodies, the wasted lives and destroyed families...

For the subsequent 18-years following my first-read of the Scriptures, my experiences in the Houston PD only strengthened my faith in Jesus as I observed and interacted with the depravity of the World and the struggles that my Lord said would manifest in a World that pursues an ideology contrary to His holiness and love and wisdom.   

ZeusAres42
  • @RickeyHoltsclaw

Ok, how do you reconcile the deeply personal and subjective experiences that have shaped your faith, including your interpretation of scripture and prophetic fulfillment, with the need for objective evidence in understanding the world, as was required in your law enforcement career? In other words, how do you apply the critical and evidential standards from your professional life to the spiritual beliefs you hold, to ensure they rest on a similarly reliable foundation? 

@RickeyHoltsclaw

Ok, how do you reconcile the deeply personal and subjective experiences that have shaped your faith, including your interpretation of scripture and prophetic fulfillment, with the need for objective evidence in understanding the world, as was required in your law enforcement career? In other words, how do you apply the critical and evidential standards from your professional life to the spiritual beliefs you hold, to ensure they rest on a similarly reliable foundation? 

@ZeusAres42 ; I see the Moon and the Stars, the Sun that blinds me temporarily; I see the face of my Children and my Grandson; I feel the love and warmth of my Wife; I have pursued answers relevant to the existence of the unfathomable, complex, human genome; I have waded through the morass and heartbreak of death-suffering-blood-brains-tears-crying...and wondered why; I wanted to know my purpose in this temporary life constrained by Time and physics; I found my answers in the Scriptures. 

The tangible evidence for a Creator engulfs my senses 24/7/365; the explanation as to "why?" is clearly articulated within the Canon of Scripture...there is more experiential relevance-evidence for the existence of my Creator than the quantity or quality of evidence I've ever collected and documented to develop probable cause to criminally charge a suspect for a violation of the law. Using logic, reason, probability, I cannot deny my Creator and the necessity for same. 

@RickeyHoltsclaw

But ricky, when police gather evidence don't eyewitness accounts require collaboration from undeniable sources such as physical evidence? In other words, if a person A claims that person B shot person C wouldn't you test person A and B for gun shot residue? To make sure it could have been person A and as well make sure person B isn't trying to deflect the blame? The forensic testing plus the eyewitness account is 'tangible' hard evidence. The problem with abrahamic gods is there is no forensic testing to verify a being of that nature. 
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

But ricky, when police gather evidence don't eyewitness accounts require collaboration from undeniable sources such as physical evidence? In other words, if a person A claims that person B shot person C wouldn't you test person A and B for gun shot residue? To make sure it could have been person A and as well make sure person B isn't trying to deflect the blame? The forensic testing plus the eyewitness account is 'tangible' hard evidence. The problem with abrahamic gods is there is no forensic testing to verify a being of that nature. 

@Factfinder @ZeusAres42   I would say in most cases I've investigated or participated in, we seldom went through the process of bagging hands and collecting clothing for gun-shot residue...if Homicide followed-up with that process later, it was out my hands. The "eyewitness" testimony is critical...and the collection of scene evidence is mandatory.

The evidence for our Creator's reality is extant in Nature (Romans 1:20)...as Nature is supernatural...there is NO naturalistic explanation concerning the who, what, where, when, why, how, of those things that inundate our senses 24/7/365...science offers no viable explanation, the wisdom of man and his logic offer no viable explanations yet the Scriptures explain every detail, the who, what, where, when, why, how, relevant to why you exist, why the Realm of Time exists, our genesis and eschatological destiny. 

There exists NO OTHER viable, logical, explanation but what the Holy Spirit has provided in the Canon of Scripture and preserved for us through a very tumultuous history; therefore, I can say, without reservation, that as a law enforcement officer investigating a scene...if a crime scene had only 1/10th the evidence that is offered me through Nature concerning the reality of my Creator, I would have no reservations about sitting down in front of an ADA and providing a probable cause statement for arrest. As a 31-year veteran of the Houston PD, I cannot, will not, deny that the evidence for my Creator's reality is extant far beyond a "reasonable doubt." 

• @RickeyHoltsclaw

So, just to get this straight. I don't want to miss characterise your position. You do actually see your belief in god based on evidence and just faith alone? And that evidence is scripture?

@RickeyHoltsclaw

So, just to get this straight. I don't want to miss characterise your position. You do actually see your belief in god based on evidence and just faith alone? And that evidence is scripture?

It is evidence extant in Nature that demands an omnipotent Creator that has under girded my belief in Him from my earliest childhood memories. It is the Scriptures that provided continuity and understanding relevant to my Creator and it is the life of Jesus (as expounded upon in the Scriptures) who confirmed to me that what I understood from evidence in Nature culminates in the person of Messiah Jesus, the hypostatic union of Elohim and Flesh; in whom, I placed my "faith" as my Lord and Savior believing that Jesus is Creator, Warrior, Messiah, Judge; this, subsequent my first thorough read of what the Holy Spirit has provided in the Canon. It is my belief that actuated saving faith that initiated New Covenant relationship with the Father; this, by faith-believing in my heart that Jesus is Messiah who died for me (John 3) and this belief-faith resulted in the receiving of the indwelling Holy Spirit who is my anointing as Teacher, Counselor, Intercessor, Wisdom, Peace, Comforter (Ephesians 1:13-14; 1 John 2:27). 

It is written, 

The Supremacy of God's Son

1 Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. 3 He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. Hebrews 1:1-3 (ESV)

The Father continues concerning the Son...

8 But of the Son he says,

“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever,
        the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.
    9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
    therefore God, your God, has anointed you
        with the oil of gladness beyond your companions.”

10 And,

“You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning,
        and the heavens are the work of your hands;
    11 they will perish, but you remain;
        they will all wear out like a garment,
    12 like a robe you will roll them up,
        like a garment they will be changed.
    But you are the same,
        and your years will have no end.” Hebrews 1:8-12 (ESV)

The Holy Spirit identifies the Son,

The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.  John 1:1-5 (ESV)

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. 15 (John bore witness about him, and cried out, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me ranks before me, because he was before me.’”) 16 For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father's side,he has made him known. John 1:14-18 (ESV)

The Holy Spirit expounds upon the Son as Creator,

The Preeminence of Christ

15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For by[f] him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. 17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. 19 For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.  Colossians 1:15-20 (ESV)

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6103 Pts   -   edited February 24
    RickeyHoltsclaw said:

@MayCaesar ; No, He won't May...there are no exceptions or understanding or compassion or grace or mercy for the one who rejects His suffering and sacrifice for your Path to life in the Kingdom. You don't know our Lord...and you don't know His wrath...you're playing a lazy and deadly game. His will is that you believe in the One He has sent into the World to provide you blood atonement for your sin...there are no exceptions.
    More preaching... I do not care what you believe in. Tell me why you are right. Provide logical support for your claims.

Also, could you stop posting these annoying memes? No one reads them, and it is annoying to scroll through them.
    MayCaesar said:
    RickeyHoltsclaw said:

More preaching... I do not care what you believe in. Tell me why you are right. Provide logical support for your claims.

Also, could you stop posting these annoying memes? No one reads them, and it is annoying to scroll through them.

@MayCaesar ;  Once again, I ask you...please include @rickeyholtsclaw when responding to me directly seeing that your quotes don't always notify me that you're seeking my input but it's received as a general comment which is rarely of interest to me. Thanks, Rick

I am fully aware that you say you don't care about what I believe in yet here you are! I am "right" because the overwhelming-preponderance of the evidence demonstrates that my faith in Jesus and the Scriptures are "right" because the World around us, your atheism, your arrogance, your hate toward my faith, demonstrates that the Scriptures are true and your demon is irritated by that Truth. If the MEMES are annoying your demon...why interact with me? You have chosen in the affirmative to perish in Hell...what have I to offer you? I would rather love you like a brother...I tell you the Truth but you blaspheme my Lord in response...you hate the hope and the life that are offered in the Scriptures by faith in Jesus...why torment yourself...why not comment on other debate topics? You have chosen a life of futility and nihilism...my words will not resonate with you because you have rejected Jesus, you have blasphemed the Holy Spirit...why continue with me?

@RickeyHoltsclaw

I told you exactly what you can offer me: a logical argument in support of your position. Will you offer it to me though? I think everyone on this website knows the answer. ;)
  • @RickeyHoltsclaw

RICKEY, THE NUMBER ONE BIBLE FOOL WITHIN THIS RELIGION FORUM, BAR NONE,

1. THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD: “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” (1 Timothy 2:5)

2.THOMAS SAID JESUS IS GOD:  ”Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.” Thomas answered him, “My Lord AND MY GOD!” (John 20:27-28)

3. JESUS AS GOD INSPIRED AND WROTE THE ENTIRE BIBLE: And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, THE WORD OF GOD.” (1 Thessalonians 2:13)

Rickey, since Jesus is the ONLY ONE GOD, and he wrote the scriptures to be TRUE, then do you have SLAVES in following Jesus’ direct words where you can "OWN THEM" as Jesus said in the following passage?:

“You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.” (Ephesians 6:5-8)

AWAITING YOUR RESPONSE, AND IF YOU DON’T HAVE SLAVES AS JESUS SAID YOU COULD, WHY DO YOU GO DIRECTLY AGAINST HIS WORDS?

BEGIN: