frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

The problem with Rickey..

Debate Information

Hello:

It's NOT about WHAT he has to say.   It's about HOW he says it..  He's adopted the Steve Bannon approach, which is NOT about persuasion.  It's about disorientation..   Bannon said, “The real opposition is the media.  And the way to deal with them is to flood the zone with sh*t.”  That’s the Bannon business model: Flood the zone. Stink up the joint.  Rickey has learned it well..  

I support the First Amendment..  It prevents government from censoring the public.  But, this site ain't government.  It's the free market, wherein the owner of a website may post anything he wants, or take down any post he wants.

Ain't this a great country, or what?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/16/media/steve-bannon-reliable-sources/index.html

excon

ZeusAres42

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• OpenmindedOpenminded 194 Pts   -  
    @Jack

I have to get off this site. Do you know how I can be kicked off? 
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -  
    @Jack

I have to get off this site. Do you know how I can be kicked off? 
    Hello O:

I dunno..  I been trying to get kicked off sites like this for 20 years. 

excon

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 159 Pts   -   edited February 12
    @jack ; I am NOT a pacifist, Jack. I tell you the Truth and if you insult my Lord Jesus or the Scriptures, you'll receive in-kind with vitriol. If you're at least reasonable and provide a tenable, respectful, rebuttal, you receive in-kind multiplied by love...but I am not the Christian pacifist who'll tolerate atheist hate with a smile...be kind, at least thoughtful...our discourse will be reciprocal and educational. If you don't like my Christianity, my faith, my conservative values...that's on you...explain why your liberalism and Progressivism is superior in your "opinion?"

ZeusAres42
    @jack

It´s brought out the absolute worst of me. Honestly, I´ve never ever heard such crazies before. I keep saying I´m not  going to sign in  but I am addicted. I am soooooo fearful of a trump presidency. Iḿ  trying desperately to get kicked off permanently!
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -  
    @jack

I am soooooo fearful of a trump presidency. Iḿ  trying desperately to get kicked off permanently!
    Hello again, O:

It's a nasty job, but somebody's gotta do it.  Thank you for your service.

excon

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 159 Pts   -  
    @jack

It´s brought out the absolute worst of me. Honestly, I´ve never ever heard such crazies before. I keep saying I´m not  going to sign in  but I am addicted. I am soooooo fearful of a trump presidency. Iḿ  trying desperately to get kicked off permanently!

@Openminded ;  I am fearful of four-more years of Democrat Party-Progressive lunacy...you have no need to strive for freedom from this forum...simply sign-out and walk away.

• jackjack 458 Pts   -  

I tell you the Truth and if you insult my Lord Jesus or the Scriptures, you'll receive in-kind with vitriol. 
    Hello Rickey:

I love Jesus..  You don't represent him.  Jesus was love...  You're a hateful SOB.

excon

ZeusAres42
    @jack ;  Who is Jesus, Jack?
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -  

Hello Rickey:

Du*de.  You're a cut and paste Christian.  That's all you got..  Go ahead..  Overwhelm me with cut and pastes..  You're silly.

excon
    ZeusAres42
    @jack ; Jack, I'm not your "du-de"...please show some respect? Please demonstrate where my narrative concerning Christianity has been "cut and paste?" Also, I asked you "who is Jesus"...but you obfuscated that response...please try harder?
    ZeusAres42
  • FactfinderFactfinder 774 Pts   -  
    jack said:

Hello Rickey:

Du*de.  You're a cut and paste Christian.  That's all you got..  Go ahead..  Overwhelm me with cut and pastes..  You're silly.

excon
    Hi @jack

The problem with ricky is simple. He's very insecure about his faith and his book teaches him that means he's going to hell. That fact causes him to be angry at the mythical god he placed what little manhood he had in. 
    @Factfinder ; If you knew anything about my faith in Jesus, we could debate theology but you're only arrogant and absent knowledge concerning the topic; therefore, personal insults is all you and @jack have available; therefore, I can't debate you when you're absent a foundation and you lack sufficient knowledge to provide a premise for initiation.

ZeusAres42
    @jack ; @Factfinder ;   I'm going for a jog with my dogs....need my daily exercise. If either of you possess the courage or can muster same to state a theological premise by which we can debate your concerns relevant to Jesus, eternal life, death, Hell, the grave, our creation, the narrative, the Gospel, Christianity, Judaism, Islam....please provide a succinct premise stating your theological concerns and where any of my contributions to this form relevant to theology run afoul your theological positioning...It would be interesting and I would enjoy hearing what you believe concerning theology and why. Thank you for kind response in advance, Rick  BTW, it possible, let's try to end the personal attacks and debate the subject matter at hand...thanks again.

ZeusAres42
    @jack ; @Factfinder ;   I'm going for a jog with my dogs....need my daily exercise. If either of you possess the courage or can muster same to state a theological premise by which we can debate your concerns relevant to Jesus, eternal life, death, Hell, the grave, our creation, the narrative, the Gospel, Christianity, Judaism, Islam....please provide a succinct premise stating your theological concerns and where any of my contributions to this form relevant to theology run afoul your theological positioning...It would be interesting and I would enjoy hearing what you believe concerning theology and why. Thank you for kind response in advance, Rick  BTW, it possible, let's try to end the personal attacks and debate the subject matter at hand...thanks again.

Okay. The word of your goddess is fallible. You admitted that, it needs correction because your mythical zombie couldn't preserve it. So why are you still an angry follower of nonsense? Oh yeah, you found out you're slated for hell because that's where your talking jackass appointed you to go from before you were born. Don't illegally harass minorities on your jog.

Okay. The word of your goddess is fallible. You admitted that, it needs correction because your mythical zombie couldn't preserve it. So why are you still an angry follower of nonsense? Oh yeah, you found out you're slated for hell because that's where your talking jackass appointed you to go from before you were born. Don't illegally harass minorities on your jog.

1) Please describe what you consider "fallible" relevant to the Scriptures?

2) The translations require careful examination due the problems of translating the meaning of words from one language to the another; this is why the Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic, dictionaries are readily available for those who seek to study the words of Elohim with diligence. 

3) I was not born to die in Hell; in fact, Hell was not created for humanity but for Satan and his angels (Matthew 25:41); Elohim considered me innocent until I attained an age of culpability sufficient to discern good and evil, right and wrong...at that point I became personally liable for my choices and therefore culpable for my sin but my Lord did not leave me hopeless but He, Himself, suffered and died in my place and He shed His innocent blood as atonement for my sin at Golgotha outside the Old City some 2000-years ago and I have attained, by faith in Him as my Messiah, forgiveness of my sin and righteousness (a right standing) with Him by my faith in Jesus as my Messiah...the Father has declared me "not guilty" by New Covenant promise (Hebrews 8:12). 

ZeusAres42
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -  
    The problem is really the lack of moderation on this website. There are just people who do not debate at all and just come here to fight someone, or to unload their stream of consciousness somewhere.

I have been in a couple of debating communities in the past with very reasonable moderation, and I got tempo-banned a couple of times for indecency. Something like this is really needed here. There is a difference between freedom of expression, and freedom to obstruct other people's conversations.
    Argument Topic: The problem is really the lack of moderation on this website.

@MayCaesar

I lost it completely. I am addicted to this site. I tried to completely delete my account but there is no way. It started out great fun and a learning process. But I have to say, scrolling past Rickey´s constant memes and crazy got me crazy. 

I apologize to all for my rant.  I hate Trump and I am angry at his supporters. I fear for the America I once knew.

This is not freedom of speech in my view, this is freedom of hate. What have we become? And I´ve turned into a mean, ugly person. I´m ashamed of it.

This site needs regulating. Without regulation, it is nothing but a place for those who need to release their own demons (myself included). Regulation is needed. Without a strong foundation, everything crumbles.

And you May, not sure what  your goal is. But you seemed to want to stay neutral and fair. But the last post where Just sayin posted COMPLETE lies and B___S on Biden´s documents was the last straw. You didn´t - and nobody challenged it.

Now I want to leave this site gracefully.

@MayCaesar

I lost it completely. I am addicted to this site. I tried to completely delete my account but there is no way. It started out great fun and a learning process. But I have to say, scrolling past Rickey´s constant memes and crazy got me crazy. 

I apologize to all for my rant.  I hate Trump and I am angry at his supporters. I fear for the America I once knew.

This is not freedom of speech in my view, this is freedom of hate. What have we become? And I´ve turned into a mean, ugly person. I´m ashamed of it.

This site needs regulating. Without regulation, it is nothing but a place for those who need to release their own demons (myself included). Regulation is needed. Without a strong foundation, everything crumbles.

And you May, not sure what  your goal is. But you seemed to want to stay neutral and fair. But the last post where Just sayin posted COMPLETE lies and B___S on Biden´s documents was the last straw. You didn´t - and nobody challenged it.

Now I want to leave this site gracefull

You seem very upset at many different things. I suggest you organize your thoughts better and seek wisdom from as a neutral perspective as possible. It's okay to hate trump but don't use that as a reason to post. For instance you've said you believe he used policy, speeches and behaviors to 'highjack' the country you love. Which is fine. But instead of hating on his followers, find out why he has them. You'll realize a lot of them see their country (same as yours) highjacked by an ideology they believe have used policy, speeches and behaviors to undermine their lives where they're at. The truth is both sides have. Once you truly comprehend that sincerely, you will relieve yourself of wasted emotional investments either for or against someone or some ideology. That will then free you to form your opinions on each of the issues based on their merits and not based by who or what group has highjacked that particular interest.  
  • PutinPutin 106 Pts   -  
    It's a problem that requires a solution, a final solution. @Jack, what do you think?
    Putin said:
    It's a problem that requires a solution, a final solution. @Jack, what do you think?

@Putin ;  are you suggesting that I be mur-dered, exe-cuted, gas-sed, tort-ured? Yes or no?
  • PutinPutin 106 Pts   -   edited February 12
    @RickeyHoltsclaw
    Goodness no! I'm just suggesting we IP ban you, wherever would you get murder from my comment? @Jack do you know what he's talking about? I bet you know all about the final solution Jack.
    Putin said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw
    Goodness no! I'm just suggesting we IP ban you, wherever would you get murder from my comment? @Jack do you know what he's talking about?

@Putin ; "the final solution" is a well known phrase from the Holocaust...it is your father via Islam that inspired same...you should know this. Why are atheists such cowards?

ZeusAres42
    Putin said:

"a final solution"...it's your words @Putin...you have advocated for my murder on social media ... perhaps the moderator should be made aware?
  • PutinPutin 106 Pts   -  
    Putin said:

"a final solution"...it's your words @Putin...you have advocated for my murder on social media ... perhaps the moderator should be made aware?
    I've done a lot worse than advocate for it during my time in office I'm afraid.
  • PutinPutin 106 Pts   -  
    Putin said:

I don't know much about what you're talking about, the final solution has nothing to do with murder, it's a good idea, it will make things better, and we'll all be happier with it having been done, isn't that right @Jack? Ask Jack, I know he loves the final solution.
    Putin said:
    Putin said:

@Putin ; ...you can fantasize about your daddy all you want....your
     comment is logged.

• PutinPutin 106 Pts   -  
    Putin said:
    Putin said:

comment is logged.

Thanks a bunch, I was worried, it's good that you have copies in existence of my absolute zingers, so that when I inevitably get banned, for being too awesome for aarong to tolerate, you will be able to remember me.
    Putin said:
    Putin said:
    Putin said:

comment is logged.

Thanks a bunch, I was worried, it's good that you have copies in existence of my absolute zingers, so that when I inevitably get banned, for being too awesome for aarong to tolerate, you will be able to remember me.

@Putin ;  threatening people with "extinction" is not wise...even for those who idolize Putin.
  • PutinPutin 106 Pts   -  
    Putin said:
    Putin said:
    Putin said:

comment is logged.

@Putin ;  threatening people with "extinction" is not wise...even for those who idolize Putin.
    Uh? Me no understand what you talk about.
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Please describe what you consider "fallible" relevant to the Scriptures?

Gods word tells you it created evil. You said that had to be corrected because god failed to protect his word. Then you said we have figure which of the hundreds of different bible being published is the correct one.
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Gods word tells you it created evil. You said that had to be corrected because god failed to protect his word. Then you said we have figure which of the hundreds of different bible being published is the correct one.

@Factfinder ; Incorrect, the translators of the KJV mistranslated "ra" in Isaiah 45:7...I corrected you and you took offense to it. Then I showed where the translators of the New KJV corrected the error...you took offense to that...guess you're just "offended"?

Isaiah 45:7

New King James Version

7 I form the light and create darkness,
    I make peace and create calamity;
    I, the Lord, do all these things.

It is YOUR responsibility to study and delve into the original languages and see their original meaning and apply context and allow the Spirit to tutor you and guide you...but you would perish in your sin and ha-te for our Creator...that is your free will "choice."

New King James Version
    Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge;
        fools despise wisdom and instruction. Proverbs 1:7 (ESV)

ZeusAres42
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @Openminded ;    I´ve never ever heard such crazies before.

Look in the mirror.   
    RickeyHoltsclaw
  • PutinPutin 106 Pts   -  
    @Bogan
    Mirrors have audio?
    @Putin ; If your desire is to be "banned" from this forum, why not just "sign out" and walk away?
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

@Factfinder ; Incorrect, the translators of the KJV mistranslated "ra" in Isaiah 45:7...I corrected you and you took offense to it. Then I showed where the translators of the New KJV corrected the error...you took offense to that...guess you're just "offended"?

New King James Version 7 I form the light and create darkness,
    It is YOUR responsibility to study and delve into the original languages and see their original meaning and apply context and allow the Spirit to tutor you and guide you...but you would perish in your sin and ha-te for our Creator...that is your free will "choice."

New King James Version
    Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15

That's what I said. Your god fairy elf couldn't protect it like you're saying here again. There are still publications that have the erroneous word of god in it. You're saying again which human translations we should pick because some of them do better at lying for god than others. You're sayin that right now. Either they're lying for your mythical perv or it couldn't stop translators from lying about it. Either way it's rendered fallible do to errors. You say so. Why would the first time ever you said something at least partially true offend me?
    @MayCaesar

Now I want to leave this site gracefully.
    I have a lot of things on my plate right now, and this website is not my first choice when it comes to choosing how to procrastinate. I only reply to things that interest me, and the Biden discussion does not. Me not challenging something explicitly does not imply me agreeing with it.

I will also add that if you have such strong feelings about a particular topic, coming to a debate website and engaging in discussions on it is not such a good idea.

Lastly, there is a cool tool called "StayFree" which is a Google Chrome extension (similar extensions are certainly available for other browsers as well). It allows you to block website that you dislike. I have one of the chess websites blocked because I got sick of wasting hours on it every week while the backlog of things to do kept expanding. You can block websites you are addicted to there very easily. Then it is just about the discipline: do not unblock them. :)
  • MayCaesar said:
    The problem is really the lack of moderation on this website. There are just people who do not debate at all and just come here to fight someone, or to unload their stream of consciousness somewhere.

I have been in a couple of debating communities in the past with very reasonable moderation, and I got tempo-banned a couple of times for indecency. Something like this is really needed here. There is a difference between freedom of expression, and freedom to obstruct other people's conversations.

@aarong has gone awal again. When he is here he does moderate. But he seems to be hardly ever here these days. 
    MayCaesar

@RickeyHoltsclaw

New King James Version
    7 I form the light and create darkness,

New King James Version

That's what I said. Your god fairy elf couldn't protect it like you're saying here again. There are still publications that have the erroneous word of god in it. You're saying again which human translations we should pick because some of them do better at lying for god than others. You're sayin that right now. Either they're lying for your mythical perv or it couldn't stop translators from lying about it. Either way it's rendered fallible do to errors. You say so. Why would the first time ever you said something at least partially true offend me?

1) The Holy Spirit protected and secured the Autographs...man's free will choices concerning "translations" are subject to languages that are fluid, change meaning over time, the KJV is a good example or archaic words that have changed meaning or are no longer used...words are subject to interpretation; therefore, it is YOUR responsibility to engage the original languages on subjects of controversy and allow the Holy Spirit to teach you and confirm what the original language is teaching.

2) I personally prefer the New American Standard Bible (NASB) and the English Standard Version (ESV. the NASB is a more literal word-for-word translation from the original languages and alternate or subjective meanings are included in the margin notes as well as the Key Study Bible in Hebrew-Greek provides Strongs numerical identifiers that allows you access the original languages and study them in their context with the actual definition of the word in question...but this takes effort and love for Elohim and a desire to KNOW HIM INTIMATELY.

3) The Scribal "errors" of a missing letter or out of place word takes-up maybe .5 pages of all Scripture...

4) I have told you nothing but the Truth...you reject it because your demon has secured your soul for that Day.

ZeusAres42

Interesting...if you have the courage...please listen to this astrophysicist and his efforts to prove the Bible incorrect: let me know what you think?

ZeusAres42
  • PutinPutin 106 Pts   -  
    @Putin ; If your desire is to be "banned" from this forum, why not just "sign out" and walk away?
    That would be the final solution, we all love the final solution.
    @Putin ; Just listened to your hero discussing Trump and American democracy:https://www.facebook.com/reel/652836063594665
    Factfinder

Interesting...if you have the courage...please listen to this astrophysicist and his efforts to prove the Bible incorrect: let me know what you think?

@RickeyHoltsclaw

The Scribal "errors" of a missing letter or out of place word takes-up maybe .5 pages of all Scripture...

Guess this half page of errors you admit to that guy missed. 

Where are the 200 'scientific' discoveries mentioned in the babble and on what day, month, and year was each specific prediction fulfilled? 

@RickeyHoltsclaw

The Scribal "errors" of a missing letter or out of place word takes-up maybe .5 pages of all Scripture...

Where are the 200 'scientific' discoveries mentioned in the babble and on what day, month, and year was each specific prediction fulfilled? 

@Factfinder ;  Do you're own research...I'm not your slave...stop being a lazy atheist and expect others to drag your soul out of Hell.

FactfinderZeusAres42

@RickeyHoltsclaw

@Factfinder ;  Do you're own research...I'm not your slave...stop being a lazy atheist and expect others to drag your soul out of Hell.

Well you asked what do we think. What I think is he made unsubstantiated claims about what the babble says. He didn't support his looney claims and you won't. Didn't take courage to call you out again. I always do, you subsequently fail. Same as always. 
    RickeyHoltsclaw

@RickeyHoltsclaw

Well you asked what do we think. What I think is he made unsubstantiated claims about what the babble says. He didn't support his looney claims and you won't. Didn't take courage to call you out again. I always do, you subsequently fail. Same as always. 

@Factfinder ;  I just asked what you think...not for atheistic drivel and demonic babble...  You call out nothing...you just shout and scream...never a premise, never a debate, nothing theological...just atheistic irrelevancy...useless.
    FactfinderZeusAres42
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

@Factfinder has not said anything specific to atheism: he just expressed his opinion on the snippet you linked in your comment - exactly what you asked him to do. Why are you always so negative and bitter? All the claims about the Bible giving you peace and contentment run against the rock which is your actual behavior.
    @MayCaesar ;  You have called "my version" of Christianity "insane" and I have, in response, invited you to debate your version of Christianity v. my version of Christianity in order that we establish your allegation of "insane" as valid or invalid. I'll ask once again, provide a relevant premise concerning Christianity as you know it to be and let's debate...yes or no?
    ZeusAres42
  • @jack
    The 1st Amendment protects the liberty of religion as a United State..
    RickeyHoltsclaw
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2763 Pts   -   edited February 13
    Argument Topic: The problem with Rikey

At least one frequent problem among many is this. 

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 159 Pts   -   edited February 13
    At least one frequent problem among many is this. 

@ZeusAres42 ;  It is the one who has faith and believes what our Creator has said that makes relevant Scriptural Truth in their personal life. You can't believe because Satan has blinded your mind (2 Corinthians 4:4). You have no need to worry about the faithful and fallacies...you have chosen via your rejection of Jesus to die in Hell...not sure why one's faith is so disturbing to you? No one is coercing or forcing you to believe what Jesus has said; in fact, you cannot be coerced or forced into the Kingdom...it must be a volitional, free will, choice from a sincere and repentant heart...you have NOTHING to be concerned about. You will be counted among the "many"...you will not be alone...enjoy every breath...at least I've taken the time to tell YOU. At least give Rickey that much credit, yes?