frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

The problem with Rickey..

2»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 165 Pts   -  
    @jack ; Who is Jesus, jack?
    Factfinder
  • At least one frequent problem among many is this. 

@ZeusAres42 ;  It is the one who has faith and believes what our Creator has said that makes relevant Scriptural Truth in their personal life. You can't believe because Satan has blinded your mind (2 Corinthians 4:4). You have no need to worry about the faithful and fallacies...you have chosen via your rejection of Jesus to die in Hell...not sure why one's faith is so disturbing to you? No one is coercing or forcing you to believe what Jesus has said; in fact, you cannot be coerced or forced into the Kingdom...it must be a volitional, free will, choice from a sincere and repentant heart...you have NOTHING to be concerned about. You will be counted among the "many"...you will not be alone...enjoy every breath...at least I've taken the time to tell YOU. At least give Rickey that much credit, yes?

"It is the one who has faith and believes what our Creator has said that makes relevant Scriptural Truth in their personal life." =

"You can't believe because Satan has blinded your mind (2 Corinthians 4:4)." =

"You have no need to worry about the faithful and fallacies...you have chosen via your rejection of Jesus to die in Hell..." = 

"...not sure why one's faith is so disturbing to you?"

"you have NOTHING to be concerned about. You will be counted among the 'many'...you will not be alone..." =

"enjoy every breath...at least I've taken the time to tell YOU. At least give Rickey that much credit, yes?" = 

Factfinder

Factfinder
    @ZeusAres 42 
  • FactfinderFactfinder 844 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres 42  
    What about them? Easy, they all used religion to motivate there followers just the same way a childhood priest would. Whether they believed or not, they understood the simpleton mentality it takes to be a believer. And use that in your gods name just like the bible teaches. Heck we know hitler was christian...
    @ZeusAres 42  
    What about them? Easy, they all used religion to motivate there followers just the same way a childhood priest would. Whether they believed or not, they understood the simpleton mentality it takes to be a believer. And use that in your gods name just like the bible teaches. Heck we know hitler was christian...

@Factfinder ;  Atheism is a religion...it is followed by fools, abortionists, murderers, rapists, pedophiles, homosexuals, lesbians, transsexuals, child abusers...you're among the elite in the devil's den. Congratulations....
    @ZeusAres 42  

@Factfinder ;  Atheism is a religion...it is followed by fools, abortionists, murderers, rapists, pedophiles, homosexuals, lesbians, transsexuals, child abusers...you're among the elite in the devil's den. Congratulations....
    Used your own photo, not smart ricky. Your fairy goddess doesn't care about the crimes you listed, tard. It only cares that you do not think and blindly accept perverted lies as truisms. You got that down. You've no intelligence at all. Congrats buddy!
    @ZeusAres 42  

Used your own photo, not smart ricky. Your fairy goddess doesn't care about the crimes you listed, tard. It only cares that you do not think and blindly accept perverted lies as truisms. You got that down. You've no intelligence at all. Congrats buddy!

@Factfinder ;  I use the Atheists Model Photo...it reflects the mind of the atheist. Yes, Elohim does care...you have defiled yourself and you're dying in your sin...you need Jesus.

@ZeusAres 42  

@Factfinder ;  I use the Atheists Model Photo...it reflects the mind of the atheist. Yes, Elohim does care...you have defiled yourself and you're dying in your sin...you need Jesus.

Striking resemblance to you. Is that a lie or are being truthful finally? Does anyone know about the crimes you committed while in uniform? Is that why you want a get out of hell free card? You feel lucky your god elf cares only that you give up your brain and not crimes?
    @ZeusAres 42  

Striking resemblance to you. Is that a lie or are being truthful finally? Does anyone know about the crimes you committed while in uniform? Is that why you want a get out of hell free card? You feel lucky your god elf cares only that you give up your brain and not crimes?

@Factfinder ;   Loved law enforcement....I did incarcerate many atheists.

@ZeusAres 42  

@ZeusAres 42  

@Factfinder ; the ICON of the atheist...LOL

@ZeusAres 42  

@Factfinder ; the ICON of the atheist...LOL

Albert Einstein's religious views have been widely studied and often misunderstood.[1] Albert Einstein stated "I believe in Spinoza's God".[2] He did not believe in a personal God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings, a view which he described as naïve.[3] He clarified however that, "I am not an atheist",[4] preferring to call himself an agnostic,[5] or a "religious nonbeliever." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_and_philosophical_views_of_Albert_Einstein#:~:text=He did not believe in,or a "religious nonbeliever."

See ricky? Your faith always leads you wrong. You're living proof gods evil. 
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6096 Pts   -  
    RickeyHoltsclaw said:

Some things about your history you really should keep private, when you reveal your real name to the public. Police officers in the US face very high public accountability, and a statement like this can earn you quite a bit of time in prison, if you are who you claim to be.

• jackjack 461 Pts   -  
    Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

Hello again, Rickey:

In my life, I've met two kinds of Christians..  The loving ones, and the hateful ones. 

You take words that aren't hateful, and turn them into hate.  You're a misguided soul who give Christians a very bad name.

excon
    ZeusAres42
    jack said:
    Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

Hello again, Rickey:

In my life, I've met two kinds of Christians..  The loving ones, and the hateful ones. 

You take words that aren't hateful, and turn them into hate.  You're a misguided soul who give Christians a very bad name.

excon

@jack ;  I simply tell the Truth...it is the sinful and lawless who interpret the Truth as "hate."

• jack said:

Hello again, Rickey:

excon
    I'm pretty sure now that he is an extremist. @jack

jack said:

Hello again, Rickey:

excon
    I second that. I may disagree with Christians, but in my experience as persons they have been very kind for the most part. The hateful pricks seem to be a minority - unfortunately, like with many beliefs, the most annoying minority is the most vocal one.

You will almost never meet these people in person. That is why they dominate the Internet, the TV space, etc.: in the real world nobody (including other Christians) can stand them, so they go to where they can get some attention for free.
    ZeusAres42
    MayCaesar said:
    jack said:

Hello again, Rickey:

excon
    I second that. I may disagree with Christians, but in my experience as persons they have been very kind for the most part. The hateful pricks seem to be a minority - unfortunately, like with many beliefs, the most annoying minority is the most vocal one.

You will almost never meet these people in person. That is why they dominate the Internet, the TV space, etc.: in the real world nobody (including other Christians) can stand them, so they go to where they can get some attention for free.

@MayCaesar ; @Jack @Factfinder @ZeusAres42 ; It's not "hate" to tell you the Truth...you're a sinner, just like @jack, and you're both in need of a Savior, an Intercessor, and you're headed to death in Hell and you're living without hope and eternal purpose...Jesus is the ONLY Way to life in the Kingdom and unless you repent of your sins and sincerely trust in Jesus as your Messiah, you will stand in the Judgment of the Condemned, you will be adjudicated "guilty" and lose resurrected mind, body, soul, in the Lake of Fire...you will cease to exist, eternally (Revelation 20:11-15). These words are not "hate" but mercy and compassion expressed with Truth; therefore, you will not die in spiritual ignorance as you have been told. 

• MayCaesar said:
    jack said:

Hello again, Rickey:

excon

Very true. I myself know many people in person (several of which I friends with) and none of them act like this. I am still sticking with my guns; there is no doubt now in my mind that this guy's behaviour is nothing short of extreme christian fundamentalism. After some assesment I would think though that Rickey does act like this somewhat offline too but maybe not to the same extent. I would even bet he has been banned from other sites (was banned from this one a while back on his alt), probably even arrested or told by Police to move on in the streets, etc. 

He's not a psycho, not a troll I don't think. But a deeply troubled soul. I could engage in some SE, or other conversation techniques with this guy but that requires one on one and usually verbal/face to face. But that isn't the purpose of this site. My anger is that this site is supposed to be for debate and not to have someone post tons and tons of religious preaching quotes every hour. 

It's hard but I do try to have some empathy and compassion for this guy. I guess my real anger is with the lack of moderation. 

@MayCaesar
    MayCaesarFactfinder

@ZeusAres42

I concur. I do not feel negative emotions towards him, it is more like... a mix of sadness and resignation. Much like you feel when approached by a dirty homeless person begging for money: on one hand, you are very sad to see a human being reduced to a state such as this - on the other, you believe him too far gone to want to try to help him. So you just distance yourself from him and try not to think too much about it.

It is possible to have constructive conversations with people like this - but that requires tolerating their insults, outbursts, preaching, toxic sarcasm. If you can just push all of this away without batting an eye and respond to the 5% that is worth responding to, you may get somewhere. But the ratio of result-to-effort is so low, there are gazillions of people you would rather converse with.

This is a very extreme example of a poor conversationalist. I have had constructive conversations with hardcore Muslim and Christian fundamentalists in the past. Spent a few hours on a train once talking to a Muslim guy who believed that women must be servants to men. That conversation, as disgusting in some ways as it was, was actually engaging: despite the guy having very unpalatable views on pretty much everything, he, at least, was polite and cordial. It is possible to defend the most horrible points of view in a non-horrible way.
    This guy simply does not have that. He is extremely aggressive, confrontational and misanthropic in his nature. Whatever life he has had has not taught him how to show his conversation partners the most basic level of respect. It is not clear if anything at all can be gained from engaging with him.
    ZeusAres42
    MayCaesar said:
    @ZeusAres42

I concur. I do not feel negative emotions towards him, it is more like... a mix of sadness and resignation. Much like you feel when approached by a dirty homeless person begging for money: on one hand, you are very sad to see a human being reduced to a state such as this - on the other, you believe him too far gone to want to try to help him. So you just distance yourself from him and try not to think too much about it.

It is possible to have constructive conversations with people like this - but that requires tolerating their insults, outbursts, preaching, toxic sarcasm. If you can just push all of this away without batting an eye and respond to the 5% that is worth responding to, you may get somewhere. But the ratio of result-to-effort is so low, there are gazillions of people you would rather converse with.

This is a very extreme example of a poor conversationalist. I have had constructive conversations with hardcore Muslim and Christian fundamentalists in the past. Spent a few hours on a train once talking to a Muslim guy who believed that women must be servants to men. That conversation, as disgusting in some ways as it was, was actually engaging: despite the guy having very unpalatable views on pretty much everything, he, at least, was polite and cordial. It is possible to defend the most horrible points of view in a non-horrible way.
    This guy simply does not have that. He is extremely aggressive, confrontational and misanthropic in his nature. Whatever life he has had has not taught him how to show his conversation partners the most basic level of respect. It is not clear if anything at all can be gained from engaging with him.

@MayCaesar ; @ZeusAres42 ; @Factfinder ; @maxx ; @jack ;  I do appreciate your virtue signaling with pity...that's really nice of the atheist to reach down deep into the soul and show compassion for a Christian...truly noteworthy.  It is not outbursts to tell you the Truth...you're controlled by the demonic and you're dying in your sin and headed to Hell....I'm simply here showing you a viable alternative that will provide you life eternal and peace, contentment, forever...if you'll listen to me.

You have conversations with those you think are Christians and Muslims...but they obviously don't tell you the Truth...they placate your atheist obfuscation and they're nice to you as you're dying in your sin and headed to death in Hell in that sin...they don't really care or they lack the faith and forthrightness to tell you and warn you out of compassion and confrontational truth....I'm here telling you stark Truth and you ridicule and laugh and insult...because your demon is irritated and he knows you will hear my words again...

• ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2768 Pts   -   edited February 15
    @RickeyHoltsclaw ;  RickeyHoltsclaw said:
    MayCaesar said:
    @ZeusAres42

@MayCaesar ; @ZeusAres42 ; @Factfinder ; @maxx ; @jack ;  I do appreciate your virtue signaling with pity...that's really nice of the atheist to reach down deep into the soul and show compassion for a Christian...truly noteworthy.  It is not outbursts to tell you the Truth...you're controlled by the demonic and you're dying in your sin and headed to Hell....I'm simply here showing you a viable alternative that will provide you life eternal and peace, contentment, forever...if you'll listen to me.

You have conversations with those you think are Christians and Muslims...but they obviously don't tell you the Truth...they placate your atheist obfuscation and they're nice to you as you're dying in your sin and headed to death in Hell in that sin...they don't really care or they lack the faith and forthrightness to tell you and warn you out of compassion and confrontational truth....I'm here telling you stark Truth and you ridicule and laugh and insult...because your demon is irritated and he knows you will hear my words again...

We are discussing you; not Christians or christianity.

I am a Christian; the subject matter that inspires your discussion concerning me is Christianity; this, because the subject irritates your demon. Nothing new...you are what you are and you serve whom you serve....

RickeyHoltsclaw said:

Thinking that you alone know the truth and hundreds millions of other Christians and Muslims are all confused is quite telling. Are pride and arrogance not some of the worst sins your religion references?

If you want to show someone a "viable alternative", you can start with making a logical argument and not insulting them at every opportunity. The way you converse now, you would have a hard time convincing me that the Sun rises on the West and not the East.
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2768 Pts   -   edited February 15

I am a Christian; the subject matter that inspires your discussion concerning me is Christianity; this, because the subject irritates your demon. Nothing new...you are what you are and you serve whom you serve....

Wrong again. Christianity or Christians as a whole do not irritate us. You do and your behaviour. The problem is not Christianity here; it's you! @RickeyHoltsclaw

Why do you think you were banned on your alt a while back? Is that because the owner of this site (also religious christian btw) is demonically possessed too? 

MayCaesar said:
    RickeyHoltsclaw said:

Thinking that you alone know the truth and hundreds millions of other Christians and Muslims are all confused is quite telling. Are pride and arrogance not some of the worst sins your religion references?

If you want to show someone a "viable alternative", you can start with making a logical argument and not insulting them at every opportunity. The way you converse now, you would have a hard time convincing me that the Sun rises on the West and not the East.

@MayCaesar @ZeusAres42 ; @Factfinder ; @maxx ; @jack ; I do know the Truth as the Spirit of Truth resides within me and I know who you serve in your atheism and know your destiny in atheism and I know you are fearful and resentful for you love your debasement, your sin, more than Truth but you're stuck, you're fixed in the hopelessness of atheism...you know its bunk and foolishness but you can't escape...this is pitiful.

Mine is not pride...it is loathing for the arrogant and rebellious atheist who blasphemes my Lord through you words and rejection and arrogance. The "logical argument" is you're a sinner in need of forgiveness and restoration and hope...you're ONLY HOPE is to repent of your sin and trust fully in Jesus as your Messiah believing with a sincere heart that Jesus died for you....this is your "logical" eternal "hope."

I can convince you of nothing...you're sold-out to the Devil...I'm here as his adversary offering you the words of life as my Lord so commands...it is your free will choice to hear and respond or die in Hell while Satan mocks you. You can live in Jesus, eternally or die in Hell in nihilism in servitude to the demonic Thief...it's your life and your choice.

@ZeusAres42

As an apostate I may have some revelation to add however as you know, no two situations are exactly alike. 

Ricky appears to be in crisis. He wants so much for eternal life in 'heaven' to be true he desperately is seeking something he cant' reconcile with scripture as a security blanket of sorts. The more objections to his faith he encounters and subsequently reconciles, the more secure he feels in his faith. But his faith is faltering, so he needs constant contact with the 'enemy' to develop reinforcing feelings of legitimacy. Without that, his whole existence becomes meaningless as feelings of venerability and being mentally violated increase in severity. I believe he could  be on the verge of an epiphany that will both free him and crush him. He would be free of the delusion of religion, but the feelings of gullibility can destroy him, leaving him with no purpose. Believe me, it's hard to rebound from such an emotional weight. But until he comes to terms, no one can help. 
    ZeusAres42MayCaesar
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Religious people have convinced me of many things in the past I originally disagreed with. An amazing Shinto priestess convinced me of the overall positive utility of the temple rituals Japanese often partake in, back when I was much more stubborn and self-centered.

The reason you are not convincing anyone of anything is not because you are a Christian, or "speak the truth", or because we are somehow "demon-possessed" (interesting claim, considering we do not even believe in the existence of demons). It is because your arguments and conversational ability is extremely poor. Has nothing to do with you being a Christian or a theist. It is just you in particular.

Christians are supposed to be kind and humble. Your behavior indicates everything but that.
    ZeusAres42
  • @ZeusAres42

As an apostate I may have some revelation to add however as you know, no two situations are exactly alike. 

Ricky appears to be in crisis. He wants so much for eternal life in 'heaven' to be true he desperately is seeking something he cant' reconcile with scripture as a security blanket of sorts. The more objections to his faith he encounters and subsequently reconciles, the more secure he feels in his faith. But his faith is faltering, so he needs constant contact with the 'enemy' to develop reinforcing feelings of legitimacy. Without that, his whole existence becomes meaningless as feelings of venerability and being mentally violated increase in severity. I believe he could  be on the verge of an epiphany that will both free him and crush him. He would be free of the delusion of religion, but the feelings of gullibility can destroy him, leaving him with no purpose. Believe me, it's hard to rebound from such an emotional weight. But until he comes to terms, no one can help. 
    Well, that is something I hadn't considered. Blinded somewhat by irritation. Nontheless, I have wonderd today if some of this is also like a cry for help too. 
    Factfinder

@ZeusAres42

Well, that is something I hadn't considered. Blinded somewhat by irritation. Nontheless, I have wonderd today if some of this is also like a cry for help too. 
    I think it is. But I believe at this point we both know he isn't quite ready to admit that if it is the case. 
    ZeusAres42
  • @Factfinder

Interesting about being an apostate. You ever heard of the clergy project? I remember once mentioning this to rickey on his other account and he responded with something like "these people are not truley religious, never were, are demon possessed, etc." Something like that anyway. And don't forget we're talking about actual priests, pastors, scholars, etc here. 

@ZeusAres42

A lot of this takes place in Russia and China. People there like telling each other how miserable and depraved Westerners really are. If you tell them that they are factually wrong, that, no, not everyone out here is obsessed with money, that there are hordes of people who are into sports, hiking, chess and book clubs - then they will just check out and call you brainwashed.

It has also been my observation that one of the primary drivers of this is hopelessness of people's own situations. I suppose it applies less to China, but, nonetheless, in both countries most people do not have much to look forward to: they know that their countries are unlikely to become significantly more prosperous and free in the near future given how strong the cultural influence is and how deep the roots of the authoritarian states are - and it would be unbearable to at the same time know that somewhere out there people live much better lives and do not have to deal with these issues. It is easier to keep telling each other that the grass is not greener on the other side of the continent/ocean, than to face the brutal reality.

This just illustrates another danger of living in falsehood: the longer you live in it, the more painful departure from it becomes. If you have believed your whole life that there is an unimaginably awesome afterlife there for you, then how are you going to come to terms with the idea that, once you die, that is it? If you have always felt the hand of god behind you, shielding you from malice - how are you going to live with realization that there is no hand and that the malice can come at you at any time?

People who have never believed in these things do not have this problem: they have lived with this knowledge always and adapted. They do not need "god" to take care of them: they have learned to take care of themselves.

There is so-called "prisoner syndrome", the phenomenon of people leaving prison after many years of living in it and getting completely lost in the free world - and wanting back. Life in prison, after all, was so simple and easy to figure out. You were always taken care of, you did not have to work, there was a small set of very simple rules that you had to follow - and you were good. But out here, in this large world where you can literally do whatever you want, go wherever you want - how are you to function?

As sad as it is to say, perhaps, given Rickey's age, it is better for him to keep his beliefs. It is hard to imagine what losing them would mean for his emotional well-being. I personally believe that truth is always worth accepting, even at the price of one's own life - it is better to die knowing the harsh truth, then to live the life of sweet lies with false sense of satisfaction and contentment - but I cannot force this view on other people.
    @MayCaesar ;  "Rickey's beliefs" are the only beliefs that are sustainable over the long-haul as Rickey's beliefs are Biblical and they are eternal while your beliefs are secular and they perish with the World.

Factfinder
    @Factfinder

Interesting about being an apostate. You ever heard of the clergy project? I remember once mentioning this to rickey on his other account and he responded with something like "these people are not truley religious, never were, are demon possessed, etc." Something like that anyway. And don't forget we're talking about actual priests, pastors, scholars, etc here. 
    No I have not heard of them to be honest. I looked them up though when I red your post. Seems like they could help a lot of people. The screening process from what I gathered from wikipedia  is pretty rigid for one needing to have been a professional clergy to join. 
    RickeyHoltsclaw