frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is the Doctrine of Sola Fide (Justification by Faith Alone) Biblical?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    @21CenturyIconoclast

I'd sit in a room and talk to @ProudToBeCatholic all day before I'd spend 5 minutes with your sorry butt. At least he's capable of polite conversation and doesn't simply spam the same illiterate posts all day long like an attention starved five year old child. You're a disgrace.
    CatProudToBeCatholic
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6084 Pts   -  
    @Nomenclature
    Fantasy? Atheism sounds like fantasy to me. Where did you come from; a big bang or some chemical reaction, or a Creator? Yeah, that's a hard one LOL
    A hard one indeed: virtually everything in the human body works through chemistry, while the "Creator" so far has only been spotted on the pages of an old dusty tome. It might also be a new information for you, but humans are conceived as a consequence of sex between two adult humans of opposite sexes, not as a consequences of a sculptor putting a bunch of matter together - through chemistry, not "creation".

But this knowledge might be hard to come by, I understand. After all, in deeply religious circles sex is kind of frowned upon, is it not? You will get there one day, I am sure!
    ProudToBeCatholicCat
  • CatCat 65 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

I'm sorry you have been too blind to see the order and design in all chemistry. God is not someone you see on old books, his presence is seen in our lives, his trace is seen in creation, and every living thing is a testimony of God. 

First of all, I do not know where you got the idea that the union between a man and a woman was frowned upon in Christianity. It is a blessed thing when done after marriage. 

Secondly, this debate is on whether Sola Fide is biblical, if you wish to discuss the existence of God, please do so in another thread. What do you think? is Sola Fide biblical or not? Your input would be appreciated. 
    NomenclatureProudToBeCatholic
    @Cat
    I'm sorry you have been too blind to see the order and design in all chemistry.

Compared to what? The other non-designed universe you have in your pocket?

Your assumptions about design are absolutely baseless and coating them in sneering arrogance doesn't help.

God is not someone you see on old books, his presence is seen in our lives

Sure, I see him in the leukemia ward all the time. He's a regular there.

First of all, I do not know where you got the idea that the union between a man and a woman was frowned upon in Christianity. It is a blessed thing when done after marriage. 

I wonder why you're forgetting to mention that if the union is before marriage, and the woman is the daughter of a priest, your religion orders she be burned to death at the stake. Any particular reason why you didn't mention that?

Victor_van_HelsingCatProudToBeCatholic
  • CatCat 65 Pts   -  
    @nomenclature

Compared to what? The other non-designed universe you have in your pocket?

Your assumptions about design are absolutely baseless and coating them in sneering arrogance doesn't help.

Do I sound arrogant? I promise you it is not intentional. Everything has a design, everything points toward a Creator. Why is it so hard for you to accept this? You use the excuse 'there is no proof' look around you, the proof is everywhere. The mathematical possibility that everything came from a giant explosion, order out of disorder, is virtually nothing. The evidence for evolution is 0, no fossils have been found proving it. The reality of a spiritual realm has been a testimony of millions throughout the years. How long will it take you to realize there is a God who cares for you? 

Sure, I see him in the leukemia ward all the time. He's a regular there.
    Im sorry you have had terrible experiences, i have had them too, but imagine, those in suffering no longer have to face their illness, if they have received Christ in their life, they are with God.
    I wonder why you're forgetting to mention that if the union is before marriage, and the woman is the daughter of a priest, your religion orders she be burned to death at the stake. Any particular reason why you didn't mention that?
    1. That was in the Old Testament, the priest used to be a symbol of Christ, so he had to make sure no trouble or shame came to his family as it would be a mirror of Christ
    2. The punishment was for the daughter of the priest who, knowing the holiness of God and his laws, defiled him, shamed the family by becoming a temple prostitute, and brought mockery on God. 
    3. After Christ came, this punishment was obliterated because Christ came as the chief Priest 
    So no, Christianity does not ask this at all. 
    ProudToBeCatholic
  • Dr_BatmanDr_Batman 2160 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    Argument Topic: Proud to be catholic has been debunked

@ProudToBeCatholic

Actually from your childish responses and subjective thoughts, you have proven I am right and you are wrong. All that I have said are absolute objective universal truths. You deny the truth as usual just like any pagan catholic. Once more, you have lost this debate. You are not a true follower. The "trinity" isn't in the Bible, so what you've said about the Godhead not being correct is invalidated. As for homosexuality being a crime and a sin, it is exactly as it is. It brings AIDs/HIV and it is indeed unnatural. "And so God gave them to their unnatural ways, men with men, even the women with women and that to an error of which is the result they have received."

The error sodomites receive is AIDs/HIV, STDs, STIs and Hepatitis. 

I have paraphrased and put verses into my own words from the Bible which means I do follow the Bible instead. Just from knowing what you've written down, you do not have the knowledge of the Bible nor do you accept it. Therefore, you are not of the true church and you are no true believer. The roman church is the false church upon this earth and never was the original that Jesus instituted. You have been debunked and you will continue to be debunked. I have spoken absolute objective universal truths.

Your hubris has been displayed all over, denying the facts, denying the truth and especially denying the Bible. God will punish you and you will be thrown in Hell for your hypocrisy, lies, slander and so called "Faithfulness" in Christ when you've proven guilty when I said that most roman catholics claim to be Christian and yet deny everything that God and Christ has taught. You do realize Jesus prayed to the Father many times? Yeah so they aren't the same being! They are for the same purpose with shared power and authority. By denying the Godhead is the actual nature of God Himself, you are denying John and James as well as all the Twelve Apostles. It's not a surprise because Romans did in fact persecute Christians because they "accepted the faith". Jesus did say Romans would never believe and those words RANG TRUE AND STILL CAME TRUE. YOU ARE JUST A LIVING EXAMPLE OF A FALSE BELIEVER. While I HAVE PROVEN YOU WRONG and therefore, I AM A TRUE BELIEVER BECAUSE I PROVE IT WITH MY ACTIONS RATHER THAN JUST MY WORDS!

Anymore subjective replies from you are automatically debunked. The Vatican will fall and the pope has zero authority. Homosexuality is still a sin and a crime. By supporting it, you are a lukewarm and a pedophile.

True love and marriage is only between a real man and a real woman. So long roman catholic pagan of Babylon. Wait until His Second Coming because yea, I say unto you, He is Coming and before He does, you catholics will fall to the Anti Christ which comes from the east. 

Catholicism is not Biblical: 
    Source: https://thesetapartwalk.com/catholicism-is-not-biblical-christianity/

Every time an ignorant snowflake and a false catholic, false believer claims I am wrong, it will backfire towards themselves because it has been proven once again, they do not have the truth within themselves. They love the things of this world and they like to deny everything of Christ and everything of God. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is indeed the true church restored upon this earth by the Prophet Joseph Smith. I read your little denial statement of the Restoration. it's again, typical of you catholics to do that. Btw, the Reformation started by Martin Luther lasted 500 years from 1517 A.D. That goes up until 2017 which was probably the year Protestantism began to decline and some protestants betrayed Martin Luther's teachings in order to "regain favour" with false Catholics of the false roman church. Haha, the Reformation still lasted 500 years from 1517 A.D, which confirms the Restoration did indeed occur in the 1820s. History and your denial of history only confirms you are a false believer. We believe in Jesus Christ and He is our Savior, He is the Redeemer of the World. Denying that statement just shows how much you DON'T believe you in the Savior nor do you listen to the true followers of Him which shows you are the hypocrite and the of the world. You, "proudtobecatholic" have proven to be prideful, full of hubris, greed, lust and you are also full oy gluttony and sloth. There is no salvation within the false roman church and that is an absolute universal objective truth. By your denials, you have proven to be a typical offended snowflake. By my calculations, you are as weak as you are a debater. You have lost and you are no child of God because all you do is walk in darkness. YOU KNOW NOT WHERE YOU GO BECAUSE YOU WOULD RATHER CHOOSE DARKNESS OVER LIGHT! My testimony in Jesus Christ as my Lord & Savior remains unbroken because as Jesus said, "If a man builds his faith upon His rock, no opposition nor hell can destroy it."

My faith is built upon the rock of Jesus Christ. My resistance to the false teachings of the abominable roman church continues and I will testify, the angels speak through me. Especially Raguel, who wants nothing more than to smite unjustly liars such as yourself. 

Do you not know the unrighteous cannot enter thy Kingdom of God? For homosexuals, adulterers, idolaters, murders, pedophiles etc will never know it. 

Oh yes, you roman catholics believe you are SO RIGHTEOUS and YET, YOU PROVE OTHERWISE WITH YOUR ACTIONS JUST AS JESUS PREDICTED! While I testify, the members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have proven to be faithful, loving, merciful and Christ-like, MORE CHRIST LIKE THAN YOU EVER WILL BE. That is how and why you have lost this argument in an absolute manner. Continue up the hill and you will be shot down by more biblical truths. The trinity doctrine is unbiblical. 

I have not seen you once accept the Lord & Savior and instead, I have seen you misjudge, assume, spewing nonsense and also slandering about me here. I will say it one last time, you have tripped over your own words of lies and deceit, you have proven yourself wrong and proven me right. You deny the pope ever said anything contradictory. That is what makes you full of hubris and pride. You are TOO PROUD to admit you are wrong when you ARE WRONG.  Roman Catholicism is wokist, the false counterfeit religion of paganism while it's "founders" and "leaders" assume it's the original ministry that Jesus put upon this earth when the Roman catholic church didn't exist until the 3rd to 5th Centuries which is historically accurate in an absolute universal manner. Anymore replies from the three trolls of the devil will mean I have won. I am not surprised if you three deny it but you three do not have the love of Christ nor the Father within you.

"For if the world hates you, know it hated me first." - Jesus Christ to His disciples, Apostles and followers

Just as I expected, "anti mormon" comments and full denial of the Bible from the ignorant Atheist, the pedophilic Prideful Hubristic Catholic and the not-so-different Protestant; 21CenturyIconoclast. Do I look like I worship Mormon to you? If you assume yes, I am not surprised, however, we do indeed worship God the Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Ghost instead of a man dressed in fancy clothes and wearing a tiara. We don't worship Mormon nor any of the ancient prophets. We acknowledge their teachings that are primarily from Jesus Christ. Elders and Deacons were indeed mentioned by the Apostle Paul. Roman Catholics deny this. Pathetic if you ask me because Paul never spoke of popes and cardinals. No other church has Elders and Deacons. Jesus was humble and meek compared to all the popes of the anti christ. As I know that the Bible had books removed by false catholics, I know the roman church is the false church upon this earth, full of lies and centuries of blood, death and oppression had been put upon the common people. Deny this historical event ever occurred and you'll be seen as a Marxist sympathizer as well as a holocaust denier. 

God has won for me in this debate. You three are denounced from His presence and uh....praying to Mary and the Saints will not help you, "Mr.Catholic Pride" aka ProudetobeCatholic. So long hypocritical false believers who choose what is evil over what is good. You are exactly what you are. As a humble servant of Christ, I shall now walk away just as Jesus did when people began assaulting Him xD. You are all labelled as truthphobic, Christophobic and heterophobic. My words are objectively factual, absolute and universally correct. Even if you don't reply, which you most likely will because you get triggered easily by the truth, you will still have lost. I DENOUNCE ROMAN CATHOLICISM AS TRUE CHRISTIANITY, I DENOUNCE ATHESM BECAUSE IT HAS ALREADY PROVEN TO BE A FALLACY, I DENNOUNCE ALL FORMS OF TRINITARIAN PAGANISM BEING FASELY PERCEIVED AS CHRISTIANITY! MY TESTIMONY IN MY LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST REMAINS UNBROKEN! 

God prevails! 

IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST, AMEN!!!
    The_LoremasterVictor_van_HelsingProudToBeCatholicCat
    Argument Topic: Hmm what a troll I sense

@21CenturyIconoclast

So you do deny the Biblical truths that I have spoken from my essay above. It is not a surprise that you'd start name calling, hypocrite. Your arguments are fully invalidated to the core. Many people insulted Jesus and they were just as pathetic as you and Proudbetobecatholic are. Shooting all over the place but having no truth within yourselves. What children acting like children and always claiming to be adults but never proving anything from their whining. I can see that you are offended by the truths that I have spoken and just for a fact, the only moron I see are you and Proudtobecatholic as well as with Noclemature. The three of you are trolls no doubt with no truth within yourselves. Jesus taught to love your enemies as to love your neighbors. None of you have done that because none of you have spoken any truth. The only one who stands out from your clowns is me. Do you know why? Because I have constantly spoken the truth. Jesus is referred to as the Son of God in the Bible over 100 times. He has prayed to the Father over several times. He is not His Father for He has said, "No man cometh unto the Father except through me"

What does this mean? It means He is the only mediator between us and the Father in Heaven. This means, He is indeed the literal Son of God. My testimony remains in tact and unbroken. I sense lots of fear from you and your insults. You are taken over by a demon and so has Proudtobecatholic. Both of you have been lectured and silenced by the truth and only by the truth. I will continue to refuse to recognize the false pope as I will never recognize all popes throughout history. They all represent the anti Christ and the old false religion of Babylon. 

Indeed, you three have not believed, unless ofc you see a miracle happen. Jesus was right about the Romans. They never believed unless they saw a miracle happen and for so many centuries, they are still doing things wrong; worshiping statues, praying to Mary and the Saints instead of to the actual God the Father who is in Heaven. I am right, you three do not glorify God at all. You glorify yourselves and because I have exposed what you've been doing, you three are mad about it.  I have no other choice but to denounce the three of you as non Christian pagans. You are lost because you three choose to walk in darkness. At least we "Mormons" don't worship man. But you three certainly do. One of you is an atheist, two of you are subjective lying false believers who deny biblical truths and attack an actual believer, me. Yet, you cannot see that because you are so deep in your self loving phase that you'd rather stay there than follow a true disciple of Jesus Christ. 

"If the world hates you, remember it hated me first." - Jesus Christ to His followers

One statement that has debunked the three of you: Jesus is at the center of the members of the true restored Church thanks to the Prophet Joseph Smith and the world hates us for it. This only proves we are RIGHT! And ofc, you are continuing to deny the truth but to no avail. You have lost and the more nonsense you spew to fight it, the more ground you've lost which you've already lost the high ground to this point. 

The_LoremasterVictor_van_HelsingProudToBeCatholicCat
    @Cat
    Do I sound arrogant? 
    Don't ask rhetorical questions please.
    I promise you it is not intentional. Everything has a design, everything points toward a Creator.
    No, that's simply your opinion and it is objectively untrue. Quantum physics for example is beset by randomness. Even the larger universe contains many examples of chaos (i.e. not true randomness, but things which nevertheless cannot be measured or predicted by an observer). Another crucial problem with your belief is that you have no comparative model. You can't show an example of how a non-designed universe would look and hence demonstrate that there is a difference.
    Why is it so hard for you to accept this?
    Because you're objectively wrong. The fact that you are objectively wrong can be demonstrated through experiment. For example, the order in which radioactive particles decay is completely random. It cannot be predicted, even in theory, and hence it follows no model of design. The fact that you want people to accept something which so clearly is objectively wrong, and believe the fault lies with them for not doing so, is about as arrogant and delusional as it gets.

Religious arguments are always predicated on the amazement principle. You look out at a universe full of strange and complex wonders and cannot comprehend the scientific processes which manufactured them, so you form your own arbitrary explanation for their existence. In this sense, what religion is at its core is an appeal to ignorance.
    That was in the Old Testament

Which is part of the Bible, correct?

CatProudToBeCatholic
  • CatCat 65 Pts   -  
    No, that's simply your opinion and it is objectively untrue. Quantum physics for example is beset by randomness. Even the larger universe contains many examples of chaos (i.e. not true randomness, but things which nevertheless cannot be measured or predicted by an observer). Another crucial problem with your belief is that you have no comparative model. You can't show an example of how a non-designed universe would look and hence demonstrate that there is a difference.

You make a valid statement, yet like a physicist said, 'What we normally call “random” is not truly random, but only appears so. Randomness is a reflection of our ignorance about the thing being observed, rather than something inherent to it.'' Einstein himself believed that the universe and its laws must be strictly deterministic. He felt that there could be no role for probability or chance, in nature's foundation. 

Use logic Nom! If you make a mini explosion in your backyard, would the thing which exploded become organized, perfectly put-together working cells? 
    Because you're objectively wrong. The fact that you are objectively wrong can be demonstrated through experiment. For example, the order in which radioactive particles decay is completely random. It cannot be predicted, even in theory, and hence it follows no model of design. The fact that you want people to accept something which so clearly is objectively wrong, and believe the fault lies with them for not doing so, is about as arrogant and delusional as it gets.
    Actually, though no one knows when a single radioactive atom will decay, meaning, the behavior of that particular atom, they can predict the behavior of a large number of atoms. As another physicist said, 'if somehow we magically had knowledge of the exact quantum state of an atom and its environment, we could predict exactly how it decays and how that decay registers with the environment. No uncertainties there, the quantum theory is exact. But the description of the system would not be in the form of classical observables. So instead of a well-defined decay, we end up with a wavefunction that describes (exactly!) a mixed state of an atom both having decayed and not. If we then perform a “classical” measurement, we are back where we started; our ignorance of the exact quantum state of the measuring apparatus results in uncertainty.'

Which is part of the Bible, correct?
    The Old Testament is part of the Bible, but it is also a history book, the fact that something is mentioned, clearly, as history, does not mean we must practice it today, especially when Jesus came and obliterated many laws. 

ProudToBeCatholic
    @Cat
    You make a valid statement, yet like a physicist said, 'What we normally call “random” is not truly random, but only appears so

I guarantee you that this mystery physicist was referring to the relativistic universe, not the quantum universe. The relativistic universe is deterministic, but chaotic. The quantum universe is truly random. 

Einstein himself believed that the universe and its laws must be strictly deterministic.

He was correct, but he was referring to the relativistic universe, not the quantum universe.

Use logic Nom! If you make a mini explosion in your backyard, would the thing which exploded become organized, perfectly put-together working cells? 

I don't think you understand how logic works. Given sufficient time, anything which is not directly outlawed by the laws of physics will inevitably occur. 

Actually, though no one knows when a single radioactive atom will decay, meaning, the behavior of that particular atom, they can predict the behavior of a large number of atoms.

Try to follow along. The quantum universe, which is the universe in which single atoms and sub-atomic structures exist, is not deterministic. The relativistic universe, which is the universe in which large numbers of atoms exist, is deterministic. Ergo, you're simply changing the subject.

As another physicist said, 'if somehow we magically had knowledge of the exact quantum state of an atom and its environment, we could predict exactly how it decays and how that decay registers with the environment. 

Stop making anonymous references and quote your sources. Heisenberg's uncertainty principle prevents knowledge of certain pairs of quantum variables.

No uncertainties there

Uncertainty is one of the most fundamental principles of quantum mechanics, so I'm afraid you haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

CatProudToBeCatholic
  • CatCat 65 Pts   -  
    @Dr_Batman ;
    regarding your response to proudtobecatholic

Firstly, I am assuming you are a follower of Jesus as well correct? if so, please take care not to offend others when you are trying to have a discussion. 

Actually from your childish responses and subjective thoughts, you have proven I am right and you are wrong. All that I have said are absolute objective universal truths. You deny the truth as usual just like any pagan catholic. Once more, you have lost this debate. You are not a true follower. The "trinity" isn't in the Bible, so what you've said about the Godhead not being correct is invalidated. As for homosexuality being a crime and a sin, it is exactly as it is. It brings AIDs/HIV and it is indeed unnatural. "And so God gave them to their unnatural ways, men with men, even the women with women and that to an error."
    Not all Catholics are pagan, doctor, and all proudtobecatholic has done is quote from the Bible, therefore, their knowledge of it is evident. The Trinity is one of the most obvious things in the Bible, would you not agree that God the Father, Jesus, and The Holy Spirit are mentioned numerous times as being one? Consider the first book, Genesis, where God uses ''we'' and ''our'' when referring to himself. Consider Jesus crying out to God the father, saying 'why have you abandoned me, father?' Consider Jesus's baptism when God the Father called Jesus 'his son' and the Holy Spirit as a dove came down on him. These are just some examples, so yes, it is in the Bible. Yes batman, you are right, homosexuality is a sin. 

Your hubris has been displayed all over, denying the facts, denying the truth and especially denying the Bible. God will punish you and you will be thrown in Hell for your hypocrisy, lies, slander and so called "Faithfulness" in Christ when you've proven guilty when I said that most roman catholics claim to be Christian and yet deny everything that God and Christ has taught. You do realize Jesus prayed to the Father many times? Yeah so they aren't the same being! They are for the same purpose with shared power and authority. By denying the Godhead is the actual nature of God Himself, you are denying John and James as well as all the Twelve Apostles. It's not a surprise because Romans did in fact persecute Christians because they "accepted the faith". Jesus did say Romans would never believe and those words RANG TRUE AND STILL CAME TRUE. YOU ARE JUST A LIVING EXAMPLE OF A FALSE BELIEVER. While I HAVE PROVEN YOU WRONG and therefore, I AM A TRUE BELIEVER BECAUSE I PROVE IT WITH MY ACTIONS RATHER THAN JUST MY WORDS!

Batman, telling someone they will go to Hell is not how you should be having a discussion, consider Jesus's words “Whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into fiery hell” So please take care not to let your tongue dictate you. Consider these verses about the trinity 'For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form' and 'For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.' 'The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.' Jesus saying ''I and the Father are one.” 

You say you prove you are a Christian with your actions, but so far you have only done what Jesus told you not to do. Be careful, hypocrisy is a dangerous thing. 

Anymore subjective replies from you are automatically debunked. The Vatican will fall and the pope has zero authority. Homosexuality is still a sin and a crime. By supporting it, you are a lukewarm and a pedophile.

True love and marriage is only between a real man and a real woman. So long roman catholic pagan of Babylon. Wait until His Second Coming because yea, I say unto you, He is Coming and before He does, you catholics will fall to the Anti Christ which comes from the east. 

Most real Catholics do not support homosexuality, many have wanted to get rid of the pope who supports it. Proudtobecatholic has said in many posts that they believe homosexuality is a sin. so you and they agree on that, batman

Every time an ignorant snowflake and a false catholic, false believer claims I am wrong, it will backfire towards themselves because it has been proven once again, they do not have the truth within themselves. They love the things of this world and they like to deny everything of Christ and everything of God. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is indeed the true church restored upon this earth by the Prophet Joseph Smith. I read your little denial statement of the Restoration. it's again, typical of you catholics to do that. Btw, the Reformation started by Martin Luther lasted 500 years from 1517 A.D. That goes up until 2017 which was probably the year Protestantism began to decline and some protestants betrayed Martin Luther's teachings in order to "regain favour" with false Catholics of the false roman church. Haha, the Reformation still lasted 500 years from 1517 A.D, which confirms the Restoration did indeed occur in the 1820s. History and your denial of history only confirms you are a false believer. We believe in Jesus Christ and He is our Savior, He is the Redeemer of the World. Denying that statement just shows how much you DON'T believe you in the Savior nor do you listen to the true followers of Him which shows you are the hypocrite and the of the world. You, "proudtobecatholic" have proven to be prideful, full of hubris, greed, lust and you are also full oy gluttony and sloth. There is no salvation within the false roman church and that is an absolute universal objective truth. By your denials, you have proven to be a typical offended snowflake. By my calculations, you are as weak as you are a debater. You have lost and you are no child of God because all you do is walk in darkness. YOU KNOW NOT WHERE YOU GO BECAUSE YOU WOULD RATHER CHOOSE DARKNESS OVER LIGHT! My testimony in Jesus Christ as my Lord & Savior remains unbroken because as Jesus said, "If a man builds his faith upon His rock, no opposition nor hell can destroy it."

I cannot believe you would rather support a random man not even mentioned in the Bible, rather than support a doctrine whose founder is supposedly one of the apostles. Catholics also believe in Jesus Christ, also believe He is the redeemer of the World, and also deem him as their Savior. 
    Batman, you keep offending a fellow Christian, even though belief in Christ tells us everything which comes from our mouth must be wholesome. Finally, proudtobecatholic is not a snowflake, nor are they going to hell. They have done very well in this debate and are not losing. 

My faith is built upon the rock of Jesus Christ. My resistance to the false teachings of the abominable roman church continues and I will testify, the angels speak through me. Especially Raguel, who wants nothing more than to smite unjustly liars such as yourself. 

Do you not know the unrighteous cannot enter thy Kingdom of God? For homosexuals, adulterers, idolaters, murders, pedophiles etc will never know it. 

Oh yes, you roman catholics believe you are SO RIGHTEOUS and YET, YOU PROVE OTHERWISE WITH YOUR ACTIONS JUST AS JESUS PREDICTED! While I testify, the members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have proven to be faithful, loving, merciful and Christ-like, MORE CHRIST LIKE THAN YOU EVER WILL BE. That is how and why you have lost this argument in an absolute manner. Continue up the hill and you will be shot down by more biblical truths. The trinity doctrine is unbiblical. 

Thinking that an angel would speak through someone like you is absurd batman, where did you get that idea?  Saying your doctrine is 'faithful, loving, and merciful' while offending another does not fit well with your statement. The trinity doctrine is the core of the Bible batman, grab your bible, search for it, and you will find it. 

I have not seen you once accept the Lord & Savior and instead, I have seen you misjudge, assume, spewing nonsense and also slandering about me here. I will say it one last time, you have tripped over your own words of lies and deceit, you have proven yourself wrong and proven me right. You deny the pope ever said anything contradictory. That is what makes you full of hubris and pride. You are TOO PROUD to admit you are wrong when you ARE WRONG.  Roman Catholicism is wokist, the false counterfeit religion of paganism while it's "founders" and "leaders" assume it's the original ministry that Jesus put upon this earth when the Roman catholic church didn't exist until the 3rd to 5th Centuries which is historically accurate in an absolute universal manner. Anymore replies from the three trolls of the devil will mean I have won. I am not surprised if you three deny it but you three do not have the love of Christ nor the Father within you.
    We have not seen you do the same thing either, so you better watch your testimony batman. You are the only one who has assumed, misjudged, and spewed nonsense as well as slandered different beliefs. You are better than this. Roman Catholicism is one of the most conservative doctrines there is, unfortunately, their latest pope is very leftist, which is why many Catholics are leaving the church. Saying someone is not a Christian while denying the trinity is very strange batman, are you sure you have given your life to Christ?
    "For if the world hates you, know it hated me first." - Jesus Christ to His disciples, Apostles and followers

Just as I expected, "anti mormon" comments and full denial of the Bible from the ignorant Atheist, the pedophilic Prideful Hubristic Catholic and the not-so-different Protestant; 21CenturyIconoclast. Do I look like I worship Mormon to you? If you assume yes, I am not surprised, however, we do indeed worship God the Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Ghost instead of a man dressed in fancy clothes and wearing a tiara. We don't worship Mormon nor any of the ancient prophets. We acknowledge their teachings that are primarily from Jesus Christ. Elders and Deacons were indeed mentioned by the Apostle Paul. Roman Catholics deny this. Pathetic if you ask me because Paul never spoke of popes and cardinals. No other church has Elders and Deacons. Jesus was humble and meek compared to all the popes of the anti christ. As I know that the Bible had books removed by false catholics, I know the roman church is the false church upon this earth, full of lies and centuries of blood, death and oppression had been put upon the common people. Deny this historical event ever occurred and you'll be seen as a Marxist sympathizer as well as a holocaust denier. 
    No one hates you, batman, none of us are anti Mormon, we simply do not agree with your belief. How dare you call Proudtobecatholic a pedophilic, how dare you make such an accusatory statement when he has done nothing but be patient with you? How dare you? Are you not ashamed? He has told you multiple times he agrees it is a sin, so I suggest you end this nonsense. 

I am glad to know you do not worship the prophets, but why would you listen to their teachings before the Bible, which teaches the trinity? Correct, Paul did not speak of popes, but he did speak of leaders, so it is natural many will believe there should be popes. The first popes were some of the most humble beings known to man, batman, look them up. Catholics have not removed any books from the Bible, you are making a false statement. The fact that Catholics did many terrible things does not mean all Catholics are bad. It is like saying all Mormons are terrible because of the bloodshed they have caused. that would be incorrect as well. 

God has won for me in this debate. You three are denounced from His presence and uh....praying to Mary and the Saints will not help you, "Mr.Catholic Pride" aka ProudetobeCatholic. So long hypocritical false believers who choose what is evil over what is good. You are exactly what you are. As a humble servant of Christ, I shall now walk away just as Jesus did when people began assaulting Him xD. You are all labelled as truthphobic, Christophobic and heterophobic. My words are objectively factual, absolute and universally correct. Even if you don't reply, which you most likely will because you get triggered easily by the truth, you will still have lost. I DENOUNCE ROMAN CATHOLICISM AS TRUE CHRISTIANITY, I DENOUNCE ATHESM BECAUSE IT HAS ALREADY PROVEN TO BE A FALLACY, I DENNOUNCE ALL FORMS OF TRINITARIAN PAGANISM BEING FASELY PERCEIVED AS CHRISTIANITY! MY TESTIMONY IN MY LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST REMAINS UNBROKEN! 

God prevails! 

IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST, AMEN!!!

God has done nothing but shows us your ignorance batman. You also cannot speak for him, the Bible can though and it states '' Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a . For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.'' Secondly, offending a religion's practices is a dirty thing to do in a debate, doctor, you should know better. Finally, do not compare yourself to Jesus. 
    1. saying we are truthphobic is ironic, considering your doctrine rejects many things that are in the Bible: the core truth.
    2. saying we are Christophobic is also ironic, considering you do not believe he is God. 
    3. heterophobic? what

We will keep replying, not because we are angry with you, but because we want you to find the truth. 
    You cannot say you are absolutely correct, doing so would be lying. 
    denouncing multiple beliefs seems to be a favorite pastime of yours, why don't you look into your own religion?

John_C_87NomenclatureProudToBeCatholic
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    @Cat
    God has done nothing but shows us your ignorance batman.

Batman is fundamentally insane. He's a hardcore Mormon fanatic who gives your entire religion a bad name. 

CatProudToBeCatholic
    Cat said:
    @MayCaesar

I'm sorry you have been too blind to see the order and design in all chemistry. God is not someone you see on old books, his presence is seen in our lives, his trace is seen in creation, and every living thing is a testimony of God. 

Secondly, this debate is on whether Sola Fide is biblical, if you wish to discuss the existence of God, please do so in another thread. What do you think? is Sola Fide biblical or not? Your input would be appreciated. 
    That I am "blind" to see the order in all chemistry is quite a claim considering that studying that order is what I do for a living. It is pretty common, by the way, for people defending religion to use this kind of emotionalistic language, for the lack of logical arguments.

Yet the logic is fairly simple here: your mistake is confusing order with a product of intentional design. Spontaneous order arises all the time in nature, and the only two ingredients required for it are the presence of a consistently acting force, and the presence of a set of objects the force acts upon.

When you pour a bit of milk into your morning coffee cup, initially you just have a wild "dance" of the two liquids that does not appear to have a very clear structure - yet when the dust settles, you have a very well ordered milk coffee liquid, without any clumps or rogue streams. Similarly, if you put a bunch of humans together and have them live with each other, they will build a society that has a clear structure, and no external intervention is necessary for it to happen. If you look around you, the vast majority of things on this planet was created by raw force of nature and not by humans: order is there whether an intelligent ape is capable of creating it or not.

Your arguments are very emotionalistic and arcane: "his presence is seen in our lives". In science we set up rigorous experiments and perform accurate measurements. Propose an experiment the outcome of which will clearly resolve the question of god's existence or go home: "this is obvious", "something cannot come from nothing" and other similar verbose statements will not fly.

I did not claim that a union between a man and a woman is frowned upon a Christianity. Please attribute only those claims to me that I have actually made when talking to me.

To your second point, I was not responding to you, but to another debater who wanted to discuss the existence of god. I do not know enough about the Bible to discuss the title question, hence I do not.
    Cat
  • @Nomenclature

Nomenclature, the number one blatant hypocrite in this Religion Forum,

YOUR ‘LITTLE BOY” QUOTE IN BEING UPSET WITH ME BECAUSE I HAVE FORGOTTEN MORE ABOUT COMBATING CHRISTIANITY THAN YOU WILL EVER LEARN, RELATING TO PROUDTOBECAHTOLIC:   “At least he's capable of polite conversation and doesn't simply spam the same illiterate posts all day long ……….”

Using your part quote above: "At least he's capable of polite conversation" makes you the biggest HYPOCRITE in this Religion Forum, bar none!

Obviously you haven’t heard the adage of "the “pot” calling the “kettle” black!  Whereas, in what you accuse me of, YOU are guilty of the same act! LOL!   But, I have to admit that you bring such hypocritical stances and laughter to this forum, in that, we thank you! 

NOMENCLATURE IS AGAINST ME IN NOT HAVING A "POLITE" CONVERSATION, AND THEREFORE HE IS A BLATANT HYPOCRITE IN THIS THREAD ALONE WHEN HE DOESN'T HAVE A "POLITE" CONVERSATION WITH SAID QUOTES TO MEMBERS SHOWN BELOW!!!:

You religious nutters really need to get yourselves back home to the 11th century…."

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/160489/#Comment_160489

“No problem. Then I'll simply refer to you as unwell.”

“Please get help. You're insane.”

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/160560/#Comment_160560

“Laughable. Get help.

“Oh just stop talking. You're literally mad.” 

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/160570/#Comment_160570

“Listen you delusional semi-wit, ….”

“Get help, you mad, mad lunatic.”

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/160570/#Comment_160570

“That's because your mind isn't working properly.”

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/160707/#Comment_160707

"is about as arrogant and delusional as it gets."

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/160756/#Comment_160756

“Batman is fundamentally insane.”

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/160775/#Comment_160775

Nomenclature, can you spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E, of which you are? Sure you can. LOL!

Nomenclature, why do you make it so easy for me to make you the continued hypocrite upon this prestigious Religion Forum, where you have absolutely no business in being here in the first place in being said hypocrite along with your Bible Duncery®️” Huh?

Remember I told you to go to a “Christian Children’s Forum” where you will be more at home with your inept “removing one foot to insert the other in your mouth” all the time in Christian and biblical discussion?

NEXT ATHEIST DUNCE LIKE "NOMENCLATURE" THAT WANTS TO TAKE OVER HIS POSITION OF BEING THE NUMBER ONE OUTRIGHT HYPOCRITE IN THIS RELIGION FORUM, WILL BE ... ?

CatNomenclatureProudToBeCatholic
  • @Dr_Batman

Dr_Batman, who has to wear, shhhhh, "secret underwear" to be able to follow the Carnival Barker "Joseph Smith’s" doctrine of the Satanic Book of Mormon that was REWRITTEN from other Bibles,

YOUR MORON QUOTE, DAMN IT, I SLIPPED ON MY FREUDIAN, EXCUSE ME, I MEAN MORMON QUOTE: "I sense lots of fear from you and your insults. You are taken over by a demon and so has Proudtobecatholic. Both of you have been lectured and silenced by the truth and only by the truth. .”

Uh, no we have not been lectured and silenced by any MORONIC faiths dissertation yet, and that is because YOU FEAR to create a thread on your MORONIC faith like I said for you to do, but are hiding from it like a SCARED little boy!  Why?

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/160687/#Comment_160687

Listen, if you are that SCARED to defend your MORONIC faith in creating a thread on it, then is there another Mormon that you know that could do it for you since you would probably SCREW IT UP anyway and make a MORONIC fool of youself? Yes? Surely you know another MORON that could take your place because you are too nervous to defend your laughable Saturday Night Live Comedy Show of the MORMON faith to begin with!

IS THERE ANY OTHER MORMON THAT COULD TAKE OVER FOR "DR_BATMAN" IN CREATING A THREAD ON JOSEPH SMITH’S MORMONISM, BECAUSE HE IS TO SCARED TO DO IT HIMSELF, WILL BE …?

Cat
  • CatCat 65 Pts   -  
    I guarantee you that this mystery physicist was referring to the relativistic universe, not the quantum universe. The relativistic universe is deterministic, but chaotic. The quantum universe is truly random. 
    But would you not, do you not think, that what you consider random has order, we simply cannot understand it yet? Pardon if i don't make sense, but consider this: science is strictly made up of math right? so, in a world basically made up of math, there should be no room for randomness, only unpredictableness. Would you agree?

He was correct, but he was referring to the relativistic universe, not the quantum universe.
    I could be wrong, but is he is not known for being against the idea of true randomness in quantum physics?

I don't think you understand how logic works. Given sufficient time, anything which is not directly outlawed by the laws of physics will inevitably occur. 
    Yet, you and i would both agree that an explosion would not create any order.

The quantum universe, which is the universe in which single atoms and sub-atomic structures exist, is not deterministic. The relativistic universe, which is the universe in which large numbers of atoms exist, is deterministic. Ergo, you're simply changing the subject.

Yes, you are right. But you can also deterministically calculate the probability of a random event happening. Yes the universe is governed by strict laws as well. I had no idea i was changing the subject though.

Uncertainty is one of the most fundamental principles of quantum mechanics, so I'm afraid you haven't got a clue what you're talking about.
    Pardon me, i don't believe you understood what i meant. I did not mean there was no uncertainty, i am aware of its importance in quantum physics. 

Now, Nom, though it has truly been a pleasure talking to you, would you please contribute to the Sola Fide discussion? It seems disrespectful to be discussing a completely different subject from what the OP intended. 

ProudToBeCatholic
    @21CenturyIconoclast
    makes you the biggest HYPOCRITE in this Religion Forum, bar none!
    I accused you of spamming the same posts over and over again, so I'm truly sorry you're too unintelligent and illiterate to understand simple, plain English. This is what I wrote:-
    I'd sit in a room and talk to @ProudToBeCatholic all day before I'd spend 5 minutes with your sorry butt. At least he's capable of polite conversation and doesn't simply spam the same illiterate posts all day long like an attention starved five year old child. You're a disgrace.
    Running through my entire posting history and cherry-picking all the insults out of their original context does precisely nothing to make me a hypocrite, because I accused you of spamming illiterate posts, not insulting people. 

Learn to interpret English, you complete unadulterated imbecile.
    ProudToBeCatholic
  • CatCat 65 Pts   -  
    That I am "blind" to see the order in all chemistry is quite a claim considering that studying that order is what I do for a living. It is pretty common, by the way, for people defending religion to use this kind of emotionalistic language, for the lack of logical arguments.
    Fascinating. You of all people should understand the improbability of evolution. Emotionalistic language? Apologies, i had no idea my writing conveyed any emotion at all. 

Yet the logic is fairly simple here: your mistake is confusing order with a product of intentional design. Spontaneous order arises all the time in nature, and the only two ingredients required for it are the presence of a consistently acting force, and the presence of a set of objects the force acts upon. 
    I am not mistaking order for design, it simply makes sense that with design comes order. And even that in itself is order, everything has a reason for what it does. 

When you pour a bit of milk into your morning coffee cup, initially you just have a wild "dance" of the two liquids that does not appear to have a very clear structure - yet when the dust settles, you have a very well ordered milk coffee liquid, without any clumps or rogue streams. Similarly, if you put a bunch of humans together and have them live with each other, they will build a society that has a clear structure, and no external intervention is necessary for it to happen. If you look around you, the vast majority of things on this planet was created by raw force of nature and not by humans: order is there whether an intelligent ape is capable of creating it or not.
    Yes but why would the ''wild dance'' happen? There is no 'wild dance' at all, it is all a result of something else. Brownian motion, simple interactions between atoms, etc.  Why would humans be able to make a society? We are given the gift of reason and a fully functioning brain to do so. The raw force of nature, yes, you are correct, but have you ever given thought to the idea that someone could have put those laws of nature which govern and control most of our life? 

Your arguments are very emotionalistic and arcane: "his presence is seen in our lives". In science we set up rigorous experiments and perform accurate measurements. Propose an experiment the outcome of which will clearly resolve the question of god's existence or go home: "this is obvious", "something cannot come from nothing" and other similar verbose statements will not fly.
    Firstly, if by saying the presence of a higher being can be seen in each of our lives feels overly emotional to you, know that i did not mean it in that sense. i meant it in a strictly factual way, that the trace of a God is obvious in each individual's life and in everything we do. I am aware of what we do in science, which is why it intrigues me why you would accept such an unscientific theory as evolution, which you have never seen happen or even witnessed a fossil evolving. I'm not sure what you mean by 'go home' as we are both on a website. 

The presence of a God is the only reasonable theory out of any I have heard or read about. Why would there not be a God? And if you do not believe in one, where do you believe the universe came from? Everything has a beginning. What do you say to the improbability of evolution? The lack of fossils and transitioning cells or animals? What do you do with the strict accuracy of the Bible and its manuscripts? It is the only conclusion one can come to. The more I study, the more i am convinced. 
    I did not claim that a union between a man and a woman is frowned upon a Christianity. Please attribute only those claims to me that I have actually made when talking to me.

To your second point, I was not responding to you, but to another debater who wanted to discuss the existence of god. I do not know enough about the Bible to discuss the title question, hence I do not.
    you said, ''But this knowledge might be hard to come by, I understand. After all, in deeply religious circles sex is kind of frowned upon, is it not? You will get there one day, I am sure!'' Pardon if i failed to understand what you meant

Oh it is a pity, you would have made a good debate I'm sure. Can you please consider taking this topic to another thread though? it would be appreciated. 
    ProudToBeCatholic
    @Cat
    Fascinating. You of all people should understand the improbability of evolution.

Improbable? I think you're getting confused somewhere. Once life takes a grip, many scientists believe evolution is inevitable. Regardless, whether evolution is improbable or not makes no difference. The facts show that it happened, and continues to happen.

We are given the gift of reason and a fully functioning brain to do so.

It took billions of years of biological trial and error before humans emerged. I explained this to you earlier and you simply ignored me. You're reaching conclusions based on the principle of amazement. That is, you're viewing a complex universe which evolved over billions of years, and overlooking the billions of years it took to reach that point. Long ago, our galaxy was just hot gas. If you had been around back then, you wouldn't find it so impressive.

Firstly, if by saying the presence of a higher being can be seen in each of our lives feels overly emotional to you, know that i did not mean it in that sense

That's the only sense in which it can be stated, because you have zero objective evidence of the presence of a higher being. It's 100 percent an emotional argument.

ProudToBeCatholicCat
  • CatCat 65 Pts   -  
    Improbable? I think you're getting confused somewhere. Once life takes a grip, many scientists believe evolution is inevitable. Regardless, whether evolution is improbable or not makes no difference. The facts show that it happened, and continues to happen.
    That would make a ton of sense, and i can clearly see how you think that. Yet no evidence of any organism evolving has been found. 

It took billions of years of biological trial and error before humans emerged. I explained this to you earlier and you simply ignored me. You're reaching conclusions based on the principle of amazement. That is, you're viewing a complex universe which evolved over billions of years, and overlooking the billions of years it took to reach that point. Long ago, our galaxy was just hot gas. If you had been around back then, you wouldn't find it so impressive.
    Amazement? i can assure you it is not amazement, i simply know that order cannot come from disorder and that evolution has not been witnessed today in action, so it is reasonable that i would reach the conclusion that i did.

ProudToBeCatholic
    @Cat
    That would make a ton of sense, and i can clearly see how you think that. Yet no evidence of any organism evolving has been found.

Conversely, I have no idea why you seem to think no evidence of any organism evolving has been found. That's just objectively untrue.

The evolution of the peppered moth over the last two hundred years has been studied in detail. At the start of this period, the vast majority of peppered moths had light coloured wing patterns which effectively camouflaged them against the light-coloured trees and lichens upon which they rested. However, due to widespread pollution during the Industrial Revolution in England, many of the lichens died out, and the trees which peppered moths rested on became blackened by soot, causing most of the light-coloured moths, or typica, to die off due to predation. At the same time, the dark-coloured, or melanic, moths, carbonaria, flourished because they could hide on the darkened trees.[14]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peppered_moth#Evolution

Amazement? i can assure you it is not amazement

I'm afraid your assurances are worth absolutely nothing in light of the fact that you're literally using things like complexity and order as "evidence" of a creator.

ProudToBeCatholicCat
  • CatCat 65 Pts   -  

Conversely, I have no idea why you seem to think no evidence of any organism evolving has been found. That's just objectively untrue.

The evolution of the peppered moth over the last two hundred years has been studied in detail. At the start of this period, the vast majority of peppered moths had light coloured wing patterns which effectively camouflaged them against the light-coloured trees and lichens upon which they rested. However, due to widespread pollution during the Industrial Revolution in England, many of the lichens died out, and the trees which peppered moths rested on became blackened by soot, causing most of the light-coloured moths, or typica, to die off due to predation. At the same time, the dark-coloured, or melanic, moths, carbonaria, flourished because they could hide on the darkened trees.[14]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peppered_moth#Evolution ;
    that was a fascinating read, thank you. yet, i saw no sign of evolution. The moths changed color due to their environmental circumstances, they did not change species. 

I'm afraid your assurances are worth absolutely nothing in light of the fact that you're literally using things like complexity and order as "evidence" of a creator.
    I wonder why you keep cutting my quotes off. I have barely used complexity as any argument, much less as my evidence. i believe what i do because of facts, logic and math. Although you are right, complexity is a good argument too.

Please continue this great conversation elsewhere, or please give input on the original topic, sola fide. 

ProudToBeCatholicNomenclature
  • ProudToBeCatholicProudToBeCatholic 117 Pts   -  
    @Nomenclature

You're using a logical fallacy called circular reasoning, which is when you qualify a baseless conclusion with the same baseless conclusion (i.e. the world must be flat because otherwise it wouldn't be flat).

No, it is not circular reasoning for me to claim that if there is a creation there must be a creator. It is not like claiming the Earth is flat or otherwise it wouldn’t be flat, for that is an argument of two opposites. I simply said: creation=Creator and that is a perfectly rational conclusion. If I see something here on earth that man has made, I automatically know someone created it, even if I don’t know who. In the same way, when I look at the whole of creation, I automatically know someone created it. There is a huge difference between believing in a flat Earth and the Creator of an organized detailed world.

You're using a logical fallacy common among religious fanatics which is the appeal to complexity. What you're not taking into consideration is that complexity is a natural by-product of time. You're viewing reality as a snapshot rather than a 14 billion year video.

I do agree that the complexity argument is a common argument among creationists, and that is because even St. Paul used it in Hebrews 3:4 and Romans 1:20. It is not a new argument in anyway, but that doesn’t mean it is a fallacy. Take into consideration irreducible complexity. Even Charles Darwin himself admitted that, “If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down.” Evolution is a step-by-step process, with slight changes building upon previous slight changes that build upon even more previous slight changes. There are indeed many cases of irreducible complexity, where the theory of evolution could by no means bring about the things we see today. The human foot and the fossil record, which even Stephen J. Gould, a prominent evolutionist, admits “The absence of fossil evidence for intermediary stages between major transitions in organic design, indeed our inability, even in our imagination, to construct functional intermediates in many cases, has been a persistent and nagging problem for the gradualistic accounts of evolution.” There are many unexplainable aspects of evolution that support the Creationist view. Irreducible complexity, common design, over-design, the detailed beauty in the things around us that suggest design, a common moral code, and much more. So, to me, it is a lot more logical to believe in a Creator than to believe everything just happened. Creation=Creator.

Cat
    @21CenturyIconoclast

21 Century Iconoclast,

The "head spinning" Triune Doctrine cannot be used to complicate the matter that JESUS IS GOD, because you just stated in your laughable quote above that Jesus as God is His own son as well!  ROFLOL!!!!  Stop it ProudToBeCatholic, let us catch our breath from laughing at what you are proposing, okay .... LOL!!! Does the following image give you a clearer picture of your ungodly and laughable EISIGENSIS position? https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEJ7SAI

Jesus as God is the Son of the Father, who is God. Remember, one God, three distinct persons. They each have their own roles whilst still remaining one God.

And no, that picture is flawed because Jesus was not praying to Himself. Jesus is separate from the Father and when He became a man, He put Himself in subjection to the Father. That is why God is called the Father, for Jesus became His son, as evidenced by the passage I provided you in my previous post. You have a body, soul, and spirit, which are separate but still make up the same being; you. Your body is what can interact with the real world physically. Your soul is what makes up your mind, emotions, and will. Your spirit is what makes up your spiritual side, whether you believe in God or atheism, each requires some extent of faith, and this stems from the spirit. In the same way, God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, each separate but still making up the same being; God. The Son can be related to the body, in so much as He came to this Earth as a man, taking on human flesh. The Father can be related to the soul, for He is the one who initiates and plans, or; intellect. The Holy Spirit can be compared to the spirit for He enlightens the world about God and convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. Remember, they are all one, just as you are. Three distinct persons; one being. It can be confusing sure, but when you really look at it, it isn’t as confusing as people think.

Here, let me help you AGAIN with this simple passage that shows Jesus as God, without the comical and self-defeating Trinity Doctrine, where you can thank me later:  “Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours.” (2 Peter 1:1)

I showed Jesus as God through the Trinity simply because you accused me of saying Jesus is not God by calling Him the Son of God. So, I provided you verses showing that the Son of God is indeed God.

You and your primitive thinking Catholic faith should go on the road as a "Comedy Act" with your religious beliefs, doctrines, in how your church hierarchy is dressed like KKK Grand Dragons, and such, instead of them being in your churches!  You would have sell out crowds wherever you go, where you can take this money and use it to pay reparations to parents because of your Satanic PEDOPHILE priests buggering their little innocent children!  Its a WIN - WIN situation!

Your character is repulsive. Why are you so anti-God? First of all, it is called the capirote, and has nothing to do with the KKK in any way shape or form. It is usually used during Holy Week to show humility and penance before God and the KKK, who is very strongly anti-catholic by the way, stole it from the Catholic Church in the early 20th century. The Catholic Church has been around since the 15th century, long before the Ku Klux Klan ever existed. And I already explained the priest situation to you very clearly so I am not going to rehash that in a Sola Fide thread that has gone completely off-topic from what it was supposed to be.

Cat
    @Cat
    that was a fascinating read, thank you. yet, i saw no sign of evolution

ROFLMAO.

The moths changed color due to their environmental circumstances, they did not change species. 

You don't appear to understand how natural selection works. When a genetic anomaly gives certain members of the species an evolutionary advantage in the environment they occupy, those members of the species gradually replace those without the advantage. Over long periods of time this gives rise to entire new species.

Look, I'm not about to debate an evolution denier. There are only three types of people I won't debate: evolution deniers, flat Earthers and neo-Nazis. Evolution is the single most well-evidenced scientific theory in the history of science, with the lone possible exception of general relativity. If you're going to deny science you can debate someone else.

ProudToBeCatholicCat
    @MayCaesar

May Caesar,

A hard one indeed: virtually everything in the human body works through chemistry, while the "Creator" so far has only been spotted on the pages of an old dusty tome. It might also be a new information for you, but humans are conceived as a consequence of sex between two adult humans of opposite sexes, not as a consequences of a sculptor putting a bunch of matter together - through chemistry, not "creation".

No, the Creator is seen in everything. Evolution is impossible. Irreducible complexity, common design, and the fact that we have a standard set of morals all show forth an intelligent design. Obviously humans are conceived as a consequence of sex between adult humans of the opposite sexes, I’m not denying that. But where did the humans come from? Where did the first humans come from? If they came from apes, where did the apes come from? And we could all the way back to the universe itself. Where did the universe come from? Do you believe it is eternal? Did it have a beginning? When you present a general argument like the one you are, I literally have nothing to work with. You have simply stated an obvious fact, humans reproduce via sexual reproduction. Nobody denies that. And of course the body operates via chemistry, but that indicates intelligent design. How can the human body work so perfectly in unison with itself? How does our atmosphere contain the perfect living conditions for humanity? There is way too much that must work so perfectly together, all of creation is literally contingent upon other things, so what is the universe contingent on? God or nothing? The definition of God is pure existence, self-existent, and the source of everything else that possesses existence. Without this, you can have no existence. To quote St. Thomas Aquinas, “If nothing exists save beings that receive their existence, how does anything exist at all? Where do they receive their existence from? In such a system made up exclusively of receivers, one being may have got it from another, and that from still another, but how did existence get into the system at all? Even if you tell yourself that this system contains an infinite number of receivers of existence, you still have not accounted for existence. Even an infinite number of beings, if no one of these is the source of its own existence, will not account for existence. Thus we are driven to see that the beings of our experience, the contingent beings, could not exist at all unless there is also a being which differs from them by possessing existence in its own right. It does not have to receive existence; it simply has existence. It is not contingent: it simply is. This is the Being that we call God.”

But this knowledge might be hard to come by, I understand. After all, in deeply religious circles sex is kind of frowned upon, is it not? You will get there one day, I am sure!

No sex is actually a good thing according to the Church, and in fact, marriage is even one of the seven sacraments of the Catholic faith. Only within the bounds of marriage though. Fornication is frowned upon, sex between a male and a female joined together by marriage is a good thing. This seems to be a typical stereotype of religious people but in fact, God Himself commanded Noah, “Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the Earth.” So no, in Christianity, sex is a gift from God, when done in the confines of marriage between a man and a woman, as God created it to be. 

But then again, if morality is subjective, who is to say anything is wrong? If morals are not given by an ultimate judge then what is immoral to you may not be immoral to me. What is bad today may good tomorrow and bad the next day and good a year from now and on and on and on. You may do whatever you want, according to your own standards of morality, and in that case, there is no reason you should be punished for anything you do because there are no absolute morals. And if there are absolute morals and an immovable absolute standard of morality, then where did that standard come from? Did it come from you? Well, what binds me to follow what you view as wrong? Did it come from government? They are tyrannical; for they impose laws upon their citizens based on their own ideas of what is moral and immoral. Or, does it come from a supreme being who transcends all time, space, and matter and in fact created all matter and therefore places a standard of morality upon His creation because He has the right as their creator to do so? Basically, where do you get your morals? Do you believe in a standard of morality or do you believe morality is subjective to the individual? And if you believe there is a standard of morality, from whence does it come? I look forward to your answer.

Cat
    @Dr_Batman

Dr Batman,

Actually from your childish responses and subjective thoughts, you have proven I am right and you are wrong

That makes no sense at all. I have demonstrated facts clarifying your misunderstandings of what Catholicism truly teaches and this is your best retort?

All that I have said are absolute objective universal truths. You deny the truth as usual just like any pagan catholic. Once more, you have lost this debate. You are not a true follower.

Universal truths? I have not seen you present one universal truth, but rather you info dumped a bunch of lies about the Catholic Church. Why don’t you study something before you try and expose it? I am glad @21CenturyIconoclast at least knows what he is coming against. He can argue against what Christianity and the Catholic Church actually teach in most cases, and actually uses the Bible, even if it is his misconstrued idea of what the passages mean. At least he doesn’t straw-man nearly as much as you have done. You don’t have a shred of honesty in you if you start trying to expose something you have obviously never even studied. I assume that is why you ignored my rebuttals to every point you made against Catholicism. Maybe study it and then put together a coherent argument against it, yes? And I have lost the debate? People like you are so frustrating. You make an argument and then run away by throwing up defenses like, ‘you have lost this debate’, or ‘anymore subjective replies from you are automatically debunked’. And stuff like that. Are you afraid of having Mormonism proven wrong? Is that why you are so quick to try and end the debate while dodging most of the points I made? I am totally fine with debating what I believe and if you believe Catholicism is false, there is nothing I enjoy more than discussing and defending my beliefs. It is one of the most enjoyable things for me to do. So let’s not put up shields so no one can attack our faith, instead, let’s honestly talk it over. Unless you are too afraid to have your religion challenged.

The "trinity" isn't in the Bible, so what you've said about the Godhead not being correct is invalidated.

‘The Trinity isn’t in the Bible’. Really? Is there cheese in macaroni and cheese? Let me explain this as concisely as I can.

The Old Testament clearly states that there is only one God. Isaiah 44;6 states- “The LORD is Israel’s king and defender. He is the LORD of Armies. This is what the LORD says: I am the FIRST AND THE LAST,and there is NO GOD EXCEPT ME.” Deuteronomy 4:35 states: “Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightiest know that the LORD he is GOD; THERE IS NONE ELSE BESIDE HIM.” And finally, Isaiah 46:9- “Remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me.” So we can confidently assert that there is only one God, not three. That alone should be enough to show you that if you hold to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit all being Gods, that they obviously have to be one God. Explain to me how you get around these verses that clearly show God is one. You would have to change the Bible to get around the simple fact. There is only one God. There will be no other God in the future nor has there been in the past. Not of other galaxies, dimensions, or anything else. He says no God other than me. Not, no God in this dimension or universe other than me.

And on another point, don’t come telling me, “The trinity isn’t in the Bible, so what you’ve said about the Godhead not being correct is invalidated” when you have not even provided proof that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are separate gods. You have presented zero evidence for your side thus far so I do hope you will provide something that justifies your case in the near future. Debates aren’t for making claims, they are for substantiating those claims with logic, reason, and factual information.

As for homosexuality being a crime and a sin, it is exactly as it is. It brings AIDs/HIV and it is indeed unnatural. "And so God gave them to their unnatural ways, men with men, even the women with women and that to an error."

All you showed here is that homosexuality is a sin. Do you not what a sin is? It is a crime against God. When Pope Francis said homosexuality is a sin, not a crime, he was saying it is not a crime in the context of the state and earthly powers, but he reaffirmed that it is still a sin, just like lying, cheating, stealing, etc. You seem to not understand the difference between a ‘crime’ and a ‘sin’. Once more, a sin is a crime against God, whereas a crime is something that is against the law as set forth by the governing authorities on earth. If, when you say crime, you mean crime against God, I nor Pope Francis would argue with that. If you mean a crime against the law though, then I would wholeheartedly disagree with you. In this statement you merely displayed sin and the consequence of the sin.

I have paraphrase and put verses into my own words from the Bible which means I do follow the Bible instead. Just from knowing what you've written down, you do not have the knowledge of the Bible nor do you accept it. Therefore, you are not of the true church and you are no true believer. The roman church is the false church upon this earth and never was the original that Jesus instituted. You have been debunked and you will continue to be debunked. I have spoken absolute objective universal truths.

I do not know what you are trying to say by that first sentence. Are you saying that you paraphrase and put verses into you own words from the Bible? Well that’s not good! Don’t do that, instead actually quote Scriptures. That is a good safeguard to keep from messing up, . Quote the Scripture and provide a reference. It might take a bit longer, but it is well worth it and it helps both of us out.

And once again, you are putting forth an accusation without substantiating it. What part of what I wrote down demonstrates that I do not know the Bible or accept it? I can assure you I do know the Bible, as I have been studying it from the time I knew how to read. If you are going to come against the Catholic Church and tell me I am not a ‘true believer’, provide me with evidence. Stop generalizing and give me your reasons, backed up by facts and what the Catholic Church actually teaches, not your opinions about what you think they teach. You have debunked nothing, for you have skipped over most of my arguments I made.

Your hubris has been displayed all over, denying the facts, denying the truth and especially denying the Bible. God will punish you and you will be thrown in Hell for your hypocrisy, lies, slander and so called "Faithfulness" in Christ when you've proven guilty when I said that most roman catholics claim to be Christian and yet deny everything that God and Christ has taught.

Yet another example of your hasty generalization. You have provided no quotes from what I’ve said, nor have you mentioned my arguments, therefore you have no grounds to state that “God will punish you and you will be thrown in Hell for you hypocrisy, lies, slander, and so called “Faithfulness” in Christ”. I have not denied anything that God or Christ have taught and you have failed to provide examples of when you believe I did. I have nothing to work with here because you have presented no evidence to support your claims.

You do realize Jesus prayed to the Father many times? Yeah so they aren't the same being! They are for the same purpose with shared power and authority. By denying the Godhead is the actual nature of God Himself, you are denying John and James as well as all the Twelve Apostles.

Yes, obviously Jesus prayed to the Father many times. Anybody who has read Christ’s passion knows that. You are missing the fact that Jesus Christ, the second person of the Trinity, became a man. He was 100% man and 100% God. He is separate from the Father and the Spirit while still remaining the same God. To use the example St. Patrick used with the three leafed clover; when the pagans couldn’t understand the Trinity he stooped down, grabbed a three-leafed clover and told them, “If you can believe that this clover has three ‘leaves’ all connected to the same stem, why can you not believe the Trinity?” He converted hundreds with this example and even has his own holiday now, St. Patrick’s Day. Jesus became a man, humbled Himself, emptied Himself of His glory, and put Himself in submission to the Father. Philippians 2:6-11 states, “Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death- even death on a cross!” Jesus emptied Himself of the glory of His Godhood when He became a man, but He did not cease to be God. Rather, He put Himself in submission to the Father. Remember they are three distinct persons, but all make up what we know as God. Therefore, they can communicate with one another while still maintaining the fact that they are God. In Genesis 19:24, it states: “Then YHWH rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from YHWH out of heaven.” Here we see Yahweh raining down fire from Yahweh in heaven. They are the same God, YHWH, but two distinct persons of the Trinity are shown in this case; the Father and the Son. And there are other such cases in the Scriptures where the Trinity, or certain persons of it, are clearly shown. There is no shared power, for they are one being: God.

It's not a surprise because Romans did in fact persecute Christians because they "accepted the faith". Jesus did say Romans would never believe and those words RANG TRUE AND STILL CAME TRUE. YOU ARE JUST A LIVING EXAMPLE OF A FALSE BELIEVER. While I HAVE PROVEN YOU WRONG and therefore, I AM A TRUE BELIEVER BECAUSE I PROVE IT WITH MY ACTIONS RATHER THAN JUST MY WORDS!

Actually, it was only certain members within the Catholic Church who persecuted the other Christians and the other Christians were fighting against them as well. Ever heard of the religious wars? But once again, I would spend hours talking about the history of the church, the falsified information and the true information, in fact people write whole books about this stuff, but give me a specific time period, like the second crusade or anything else, and I will gladly discuss it with you. So far, all I have seen is a lot of showboating and hand-waving with no evidence presented for any of your arguments other than that Jesus prayed to the Father. And a couple of points on your erroneous quote about Jesus saying the Romans would never believe. 1. St. Paul was a Roman. He was born a Roman citizen in fact (Acts 22:8- “But Paul replied, “I was BORN a Roman citizen”.”) Are you sure you want to claim that St. Paul was not a believer? That is dangerous territory. 2. You will not find one place in Scripture that says Romans will never believe, except maybe in your book of Mormon or something like that. 3. Most Roman Catholics are not citizens of Rome, therefore they are not Romans. Your claim falls flat when you say Catholics are not Christians because Jesus supposedly ‘said’ Romans will never believe. I am not a Roman, you see.

And how do you know my actions? By what authority do you claim that you are a true believer because you prove it by your actions and I don’t? That makes no sense, speaking of the fact that you and I have never even met before. Are you all-knowing? Once again, you spew out lies and self-condemning statements as if they are good forms of argumentation.

Anymore subjective replies from you are automatically debunked. The Vatican will fall and the pope has zero authority. Homosexuality is still a sin and a crime. By supporting it, you are a lukewarm and a pedophile. True love and marriage is only between a real man and a real woman. So long roman catholic pagan of Babylon. Wait until His Second Coming because yea, I say unto you, He is Coming and before He does, you catholics will fall to the Anti Christ which comes from the east.

Really? You do realize that by you claiming my replies are debunked, that does not make them debunked, right? Stop being childish and actually approach the arguments being discussed instead of running from them while throwing out insults like calling me lukewarm and a pedophile. I do not support homosexuality and I believe it is a sin. However, we are to show love to homosexuals and do our very best to win them to Christ, not kill them or whatever other punishment you have in mind for them. I nor the Catholic Church supports homosexuality and let me give you a quote from the Catechism of the Catholic church paragraph 2357. “Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity, tradition has always declared that “homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered.” They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN THEY BE APPROVED.” How much clearer could I make it for you?

And I am going to ignore your blatant anti-catholicism and quote the same verse you did. “For if the world hates you, know it hated me first.”

Catholicism is not Biblical: Source: https://thesetapartwalk.com/catholicism-is-not-biblical-christianity/

Is this your way of saying you know nothing about Catholicism and therefore have to post links to other’s web pages instead? How about I give you a few links to why Mormonism is unbiblical and a cult?

Trivializing the Unbiblical Core of Mormonism – Mormonism Research Ministry (mrm.org)

Why Christianity Is True but Mormonism Is Not: A Dozen Reasons | Mormons in Transition (irr.org)

Is Mormonism a cult? Yes, it is. The Latter Day Saints are not Christian (carm.org)

Why I Left The Mormon Church And Why It's A Cult (peacefuldumpling.com)

In fact, maybe you oughtta just check out this site that has been researching and disproving Mormonism for years and years from both scientific and historical standpoints. Mormonism Research Ministry – Challenging the claims of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints since 1979 (mrm.org)

Every time an ignorant snowflake and a false catholic, false believer claims I am wrong, it will backfire towards themselves because it has been proven once again, they do not have the truth within themselves. They love the things of this world and they like to deny everything of Christ and everything of God.

False again. You know what? I am going to skip your unfounded insults and move on to the few real arguments you provided.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is indeed the true church restored upon this earth by the Prophet Joseph Smith. I read your little denial statement of the Restoration. it's again, typical of you catholics to do that. Btw, the Reformation started by Martin Luther lasted 500 years from 1517 A.D. That goes up until 2017 which was probably the year Protestantism began to decline and some protestants betrayed Martin Luther's teachings in order to "regain favour" with false Catholics of the false roman church. Haha, the Reformation still lasted 500 years from 1517 A.D, which confirms the Restoration did indeed occur in the 1820s. History and your denial of history only confirms you are a false believer.

You are going all over the place with this statement. What does the Reformation have to do with the supposed ‘restoration’ of the church through the false prophet Joseph Smith? Please clarify this point so I can address whatever you are trying to say. Thanks.

We believe in Jesus Christ and He is our Savior, He is the Redeemer of the World.

I do not deny that you believe that. I know Mormons believe in Jesus Christ and that He is their Saviour. However, you reject the Trinity, the very foundation of Christianity, and instead teach that God was once a human who lived on another planet and that ‘As man is, God once was; as God is, man may become.’(LDS President Lorenzo Snow, 1840). Or that “Men are Gods in Embryo…‘Man is the child of God, formed in the divine image and endowed with divine attributes, and even as the infant son of our earthly father and mother is capable in due time of becoming a man, so the undeveloped offspring of celestial parentage is capable, by experience through ages of aeons, of evolving into a God.’ (The First Presidency [Joseph F. Smith, John R. Winder, Anthon H. Lund], ‘The Origin of Man,’ Improvement Era, Nov. 1909, p. 81).” (Achieving a Celestial Marriage Student Manual, 130)” I don’t like to have to say this, but this is not Christianity at all. Christianity affirms that there is one God and that nobody else will ever be God because God is the Creator of all things and we are the creation. I hate to break it to you, but you aren’t going to become a God and neither will anyone else. God says there is no other God, BEFORE OR AFTER Him.

You, "proudtobecatholic" have proven to be prideful, full of hubris, greed, lust and you are also full oy gluttony and sloth.

By your denials, you have proven to be a typical offended snowflake. By my calculations, you are as weak as you are a debater. You have lost and you are no child of God because all you do is walk in darkness. YOU KNOW NOT WHERE YOU GO BECAUSE YOU WOULD RATHER CHOOSE DARKNESS OVER LIGHT!

Let me educate you. Have you ever heard of the abusive ad hominem fallacy? Look it up because you have employed that fallacy at least 10 times in this one post.

Yep, that sure sounds like Christianity to me. Let me lay out the foundations of what Christianity is. These are the universally agreed upon qualifications to be a Christian. 1. God’s unity. 2. God’s Tri-Unity. 3. Human depravity. 4. Christ’s Virgin Birth. 5. Jesus’ Sinlessness. 6. Jesus is fully God and fully human. 7. God’s grace. 8. The necessity of Faith. 9. Jesus’ atoning death. 10. Christ’s resurrection. 11. Jesus’ ascension. 12. Jesus’ intercession. 13. Jesus’ 2nd coming. 14. Inspiration of Scripture.

You reject the most important one of these all, the Tri-Unity of God and thus fall outside of the realm of Christianity. Call yourself a Mormon, not a Christian. No anti-trinitarian can be a Christian, for they reject the very fundamental teachings of Christianity.

I have not seen you once accept the Lord & Savior and instead, I have seen you misjudge, assume, spewing nonsense and also slandering about me here.

What are you talking about? Did you want me to video my accepting Jesus as Lord and Saviour and send it to you? Sorry I didn’t know anybody would ask for a video documenting it. Look, we don’t even know each other so what are you talking about? Jesus, the Second Person of the Trinity, is my Lord and Savior. One must have it so in order to be a Catholic. And what have I slandered about you? Give me examples please, instead of accusing without substantiation.

Do I look like I worship Mormon to you? If you assume yes, I am not surprised, however, we do indeed worship God the Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Ghost instead of a man dressed in fancy clothes and wearing a tiara. We don't worship Mormon nor any of the ancient prophets. We acknowledge their teachings that are primarily from Jesus Christ.

I never said you worship Mormon. I know you do not. I know enough about Mormonism to know you worship only three Gods. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, who are not joined together as one God but are rather three God who simply share authority.

God has won for me in this debate. You three are denounced from His presence and uh....praying to Mary and the Saints will not help you, "Mr.Catholic Pride" aka ProudetobeCatholic. So long hypocritical false believers who choose what is evil over what is good. You are exactly what you are.

No you have not won this debate but rather have presented very little evidence for anything you are saying, instead preferring to stick to insults and cowardice to ‘refute’ my points. Sorry but ad-hominins are not a valid form of debate.

As a humble servant of Christ, I shall now walk away just as Jesus did when people began assaulting Him xD. You are all labelled as truthphobic, Christophobic and heterophobic. My words are objectively factual, absolute and universally correct.

Why do you hide from a good debate? It is rare that I get to encounter Mormons and debate them so we have the possibility of having a great discussion. Instead, you choose to hide behind condemning everyone who disagrees with you as truthphobic, Christphobic, and heterophobic, even though that is not even close to the truth. I love the truth and I love Christ. I was not born nor raised Catholic, you know. Read my short bio. I said I am a recent convert from Protestantism to Catholicism. After tons of study, which included the Mormon church, by the way, I finally converted to Catholicism less than a year ago and it was the best decision of my life. But to get to this point, I had to go through one of the worst times of my life. I had severe anxiety, to the point where I couldn’t sleep at night because I just couldn’t figure out if the Catholic faith was true. I would stay up until 6am sometimes, researching and trying to find the truth. So for you to try and tell me that I am truthphobic is about the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard.

Cat
  • CatCat 65 Pts   -  

You don't appear to understand how natural selection works. When a genetic anomaly gives certain members of the species an evolutionary advantage in the environment they occupy, those members of the species gradually replace those without the advantage. Over long periods of time this gives rise to entire new species.

Look, I'm not about to debate an evolution denier. There are only three types of people I won't debate: evolution deniers, flat Earthers and neo-Nazis. Evolution is the single most well-evidenced scientific theory in the history of science, with the lone possible exception of general relativity. If you're going to deny science you can debate someone else.
    No no, i understand perfectly, but my point still stands. The fact that the color of a moth changed due to its circumstances means nothing. Natural selection is not evolution, nor does it prove evolution. Would you not agree that natural selection works through removing genes, whereas evolution relies on creating entirely new genetic information in the DNA? The moth you mentioned did not change species, nor did it's DNA change in a way that affected it's genes to the degree of even attempting to turn into another species. 

also, the moths you mentioned earlier, well, it turns out the entire thing was made up. 
    https://www.discovery.org/a/1263/
    The famous photos of light and dark moths resting on a lichen-covered tree trunk were faked by pinning and/or gluing dead moths onto logs or trunks.

Strange how you would put me in that category, I have done nothing but back up my claims with science. It has been a fun debate, thank you and i will continue praying for you. 
    ProudToBeCatholic
    @Cat
    No no, i understand perfectly, but my point still stands

No no, you don't understand at all, and no no, you don't have any point. You're simply rejecting science. 

The fact that the color of a moth changed due to its circumstances means nothing.

No no, it means evolution happens.

Mike Majerus, Professor of Evolution at Cambridge University spent seven years repeating the studies on the predation of the peppered moth. In 2007, he concluded that, while there were some failings in Kettlewell’s original experiment, the peppered moth was, after all, ‘an example of Darwinian evolution.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/content/articles/2008/06/04/040608_peppered_moth_feature.shtml

Rejecting science is irrational, you don't understand what you're trying to argue about, and you and your religious buddies giving each other fist bumps for denying science is just plain dumb.

Cat
    @Cat

Yeah, that's great Cat. Have a good hearty laugh at how inconceivably dumb you are. That's obviously the rational thing to do.

Cat
  • CatCat 65 Pts   -  
    No, no, you don't understand, and no, no, you don't have any point. You're simply rejecting science. 

It amuses me how anything you happen to disagree with is automatically a rejection of science.

No, no, it means evolution happens.

Mike Majerus, Professor of Evolution at Cambridge University spent seven years repeating the studies on the predation of the peppered moth. In 2007, he concluded that, while there were some failings in Kettlewell’s original experiment, the peppered moth was, after all, ‘an example of Darwinian evolution.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/content/articles/2008/06/04/040608_peppered_moth_feature.shtmlRejecting science is irrational, you don't understand what you're trying to argue about, and you and your religious buddies giving each other fist bumps for denying science is just plain dumb.
    No, the fact that a butterfly can change it's color to match its surroundings does not mean evolution happens, Nom. 
    You're upset over fistbumps? Come now, you cant be serious. 
    Did you read what you sent? He reached the conclusion that ''the black form was significantly more likely to be eaten than the peppered.'' How is that proof of evolution? 
    Nomenclature
  • CatCat 65 Pts   -  
    @Nomenclature
    Yeah, that's great Cat. Have a good hearty laugh at how inconceivably dumb you are. That's obviously the rational thing to do.
    laughing? it is the most logical thing one can do when approached with your arguments 
    @Cat
    No, the fact that a butterfly can change it's color to match its surroundings does not mean evolution happens, Nom.

Oh, it doesn't? Well, I hope you'll forgive me for taking the word of professional scientists and university professors over that of an excruciatingly irrational religious fanatic who doesn't appear to understand that even the Pope accepts evolution. 

Stop wasting my time you absolute halfwit.

Cat
  • CatCat 65 Pts   -  
    Oh, it doesn't? Well, I hope you'll forgive me for taking the word of professional scientists and university professors over that of an excruciatingly irrational religious fanatic who doesn't appear to understand that even the Pope accepts evolution. 
    I don't understand why you're trying so hard to make me think, that a butterfly's ability to camouflage is a sign of evolution. Slander me all you want, but you who ask for proof all the time have given me none. 

it will please you to know that I do not agree with the pope. 

Stop wasting my time you absolute halfwit.
    Praying for you
    Cat said:

Fascinating. You of all people should understand the improbability of evolution. Emotionalistic language? Apologies, i had no idea my writing conveyed any emotion at all. 
    What do you mean by the improbability of evolution? As far as my understanding goes, evolution is inevitable in any system featuring mortal competition, hence its probability is exactly 100%.

Cat said:

I am not mistaking order for design, it simply makes sense that with design comes order. And even that in itself is order, everything has a reason for what it does. 
    A "reason" for something is a human concept and the Universe does not have to operate by such concepts. It is true that with design comes order, but, as I just explained, order does not imply design. Nobody designed this conversation between you and me, yet it is pretty ordered, would you not agree?
    Cat said:

Yes but why would the ''wild dance'' happen? There is no 'wild dance' at all, it is all a result of something else. Brownian motion, simple interactions between atoms, etc.  Why would humans be able to make a society? We are given the gift of reason and a fully functioning brain to do so. The raw force of nature, yes, you are correct, but have you ever given thought to the idea that someone could have put those laws of nature which govern and control most of our life? 
    It is a result of the laws of physics operating in this Universe, I agree. There is no reason to assume that "someone" has put those laws in. In fact, there is a good reason to assume that it is metaphysically impossible for this to happen, since in the absence of those laws someone may not exist or do anything in the first place.

Have I ever given thought to this idea? Not really: I do not like spending my mental energy on fantasies of this kind. If the evidence of this happening pops up, I will give it a thought; in the absence of it, there are millions other things I would rather think about. I am not going to consider every one of the infinity of possibilities of how laws of physics may have come to be, especially since understanding their origin does not change anything about how they function. To me studying those laws is much more interesting than philosophizing about their origin.

Cat said:

Firstly, if by saying the presence of a higher being can be seen in each of our lives feels overly emotional to you, know that i did not mean it in that sense. i meant it in a strictly factual way, that the trace of a God is obvious in each individual's life and in everything we do. I am aware of what we do in science, which is why it intrigues me why you would accept such an unscientific theory as evolution, which you have never seen happen or even witnessed a fossil evolving. I'm not sure what you mean by 'go home' as we are both on a website. 

The presence of a God is the only reasonable theory out of any I have heard or read about. Why would there not be a God? And if you do not believe in one, where do you believe the universe came from? Everything has a beginning. What do you say to the improbability of evolution? The lack of fossils and transitioning cells or animals? What do you do with the strict accuracy of the Bible and its manuscripts? It is the only conclusion one can come to. The more I study, the more i am convinced. 
    I see evolution happening everywhere every single day, both in biological and non-biological systems. For someone to not see evolution, they must be living in a cave. What I do not see is any supernatural beings, although I certainly see a lot of people with hallucinations making them believe that they see them.

"Everything has a beginning" is an assumption without merit, and even if the Universe in the greatest sense has had a beginning, I am perfectly okay with admitting that I do not know what it is. Not knowing it is perfectly comfortable to me, and I do not feel the urge to feel the void with a fantasy story.

I am not sure, once again, what you are referring to when talking about the "improbability of evolution", "the lack of fossils and transitioning cells or animals", or "the strict accuracy of the Bible". I think we might be living in parallel Universes that have a very small intersection in which we happen to be able to converse somehow.
    dgfsfgd

ProudToBeCatholic said:

No, the Creator is seen in everything. Evolution is impossible. Irreducible complexity, common design, and the fact that we have a standard set of morals all show forth an intelligent design. Obviously humans are conceived as a consequence of sex between adult humans of the opposite sexes, I’m not denying that. But where did the humans come from? Where did the first humans come from? If they came from apes, where did the apes come from? And we could all the way back to the universe itself. Where did the universe come from? Do you believe it is eternal? Did it have a beginning? When you present a general argument like the one you are, I literally have nothing to work with. You have simply stated an obvious fact, humans reproduce via sexual reproduction. Nobody denies that. And of course the body operates via chemistry, but that indicates intelligent design. How can the human body work so perfectly in unison with itself? How does our atmosphere contain the perfect living conditions for humanity? There is way too much that must work so perfectly together, all of creation is literally contingent upon other things, so what is the universe contingent on? God or nothing? The definition of God is pure existence, self-existent, and the source of everything else that possesses existence. Without this, you can have no existence. To quote St. Thomas Aquinas, “If nothing exists save beings that receive their existence, how does anything exist at all? Where do they receive their existence from? In such a system made up exclusively of receivers, one being may have got it from another, and that from still another, but how did existence get into the system at all? Even if you tell yourself that this system contains an infinite number of receivers of existence, you still have not accounted for existence. Even an infinite number of beings, if no one of these is the source of its own existence, will not account for existence. Thus we are driven to see that the beings of our experience, the contingent beings, could not exist at all unless there is also a being which differs from them by possessing existence in its own right. It does not have to receive existence; it simply has existence. It is not contingent: it simply is. This is the Being that we call God.”
    After a strong drink, maybe. Sober, I do not see the "creator" in anything. There is no "irreducible complexity" or "common design", and a standard set of morals naturally stems from the way biological systems work: you are not going to have a continuous species which believe it okay to randomly murder each other, for instance.

I do not know where the Universe came from or whether asking where it came from even makes sense. I do know that, whatever the answer is (including the metaphysical absence of thereof), it is not going to be found on pages of a fantasy book, but through logical inquiry, same way as humans have found answers to all the other burning questions about the world around them. Why does water boil at a certain temperature? Certainly not because Sauron subverted Frodo Baggins.

Human body does not work perfectly in unison with itself, and the atmosphere has a lot of nasty effects that impair humans' ability to survive. I happen to work in cancer research at the moment, and, let me tell you, human organism is a giant mess of disjointed misfiring mechanisms. That it does not immediately fall apart at all is a product of billions of years of change in the biological structures dominating this planet; only very recently did those structures approached the complexity and, simultaneously, robustness allowing something like us to exist and make something of ourselves before our bodies rot and become food for worms.
    There have been primitive pieces of technology that survived thousands of years. No human body, as far as we know, has survived far more than a century. We are incredibly fragile, and in the face of mountains standing tall for tens of millions of years, we are nothing.

I am a pretty pedestrian guy when it comes to all these abstract philosophical arguments. I want the evidence, and, in the absence of evidence, I am not much interested in Thomas Aquinas' and other such folks' ruminations.

ProudToBeCatholic said:

No sex is actually a good thing according to the Church, and in fact, marriage is even one of the seven sacraments of the Catholic faith. Only within the bounds of marriage though. Fornication is frowned upon, sex between a male and a female joined together by marriage is a good thing. This seems to be a typical stereotype of religious people but in fact, God Himself commanded Noah, “Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the Earth.” So no, in Christianity, sex is a gift from God, when done in the confines of marriage between a man and a woman, as God created it to be. 

But then again, if morality is subjective, who is to say anything is wrong? If morals are not given by an ultimate judge then what is immoral to you may not be immoral to me. What is bad today may good tomorrow and bad the next day and good a year from now and on and on and on. You may do whatever you want, according to your own standards of morality, and in that case, there is no reason you should be punished for anything you do because there are no absolute morals. And if there are absolute morals and an immovable absolute standard of morality, then where did that standard come from? Did it come from you? Well, what binds me to follow what you view as wrong? Did it come from government? They are tyrannical; for they impose laws upon their citizens based on their own ideas of what is moral and immoral. Or, does it come from a supreme being who transcends all time, space, and matter and in fact created all matter and therefore places a standard of morality upon His creation because He has the right as their creator to do so? Basically, where do you get your morals? Do you believe in a standard of morality or do you believe morality is subjective to the individual? And if you believe there is a standard of morality, from whence does it come? I look forward to your answer.

I do not see how this constraint makes any sense under the assumption that sex is a good thing. It appears that the statement that sex is a good thing has to be accompanied by a large number of but-s, which precisely is what I mean when I say that it is frowned upon in the Christian circles. I personally am okay with any form of sex (as long as it is mutually consensual) in virtually any setting: let people do their thing and enjoy themselves.

You have a strange notion of subjective morality. Morality being subjective does not at all imply that anything goes and anything I claim is moral is actually moral. The aim of morality is to provide a set of prescriptions leading to a happy and fulfilling life if followed, and not everything I can possibly do facilitates continuation of such a life. It certainly is not to find a master to slave before - even worse if that master is imaginary. I have always defied unjust authority, and there are few authorities I can imagine more unjust than those that are claimed on the basis of having created you. There are few more despicable things humans have come up with than, "I did X for you, so now I own you".
    I think that monotheistic morals are some of the most abhorrent morals conceived in human history, and the idea that a supreme being with an infinite wisdom would impose them is ridiculous beyond the wildest imagination. Hitler's morals were far more noble than the morals of someone who creates living beings with intention to endlessly torture some of them in the afterlife.
  • Dr_BatmanDr_Batman 2160 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: For the Wicked Shalt Fight Amongst themselves

I have spoken the truth and only the truth. I do not care for the amount of spammers who attempt to debunk me. None of you have the truth. All of you walk in darkness and therefore know not where you go. You choose darkness over light and therefore, you do not have Christ within you all, let alone the love of the Father in Heaven. It is truly a shame to see you all fighting amongst yourselves. I testify once more the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church restored upon this earth. All that I have said are absolute universal objective truths. 
    Argument Topic: Now for Biblical evidence to debunk all of you except me

"Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." - Matthew 7:14
    So few accept the truths of God and Christ in the scriptures. So few find it in their hearts to accept that there was indeed a Great Apostasy that started ever since the ascension of Jesus Christ back into Heaven after the year 33 A.D. So few see that the roman church is not the original church because it never existed until centuries later. So few see that Constantine was a pagan and only claimed to be a Christian because he saw some comet fly in the air. Doesn't that sound familiar to when Jesus said to the Romans? "You shalt never believe lest you see a miracle happen before your eyes."
    With proudtobecatholic's display of indenial and blatant ignorance, it's evidence enough that he isn't a true believer. Otherwise, he'd be agreeing with what I've said because I do speak directly with the Biblical verses. 

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." - Matthew 7:15 

Roman Catholics have displayed this for centuries. Popes and cardinals etc have oppressed the innocence whenever they asked questions about God. However, whenever the roman church saw "heresy", they judged wrongfully and as full of hubris as they were, they hurt the innocent that they claimed to be protecting. Hypocrisy exposed. All popes and cardinals are indeed false prophets. Today's "progressive Christian" churches are examples of having false prophets and false scriptures while ignoring the actual bible. There is a difference between real prophets and false ones. False ones do it for money. Many mainstream church communities only do it for money. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints never do it for money. The general authorities always speak in good faith and in absolute truthful integrity. No hell nor enemy can overcome us because we are strong in faith due to our foundation of faith built upon the rock of Jesus Christ, our Lord & Savior, the Only Begotten Son of Heavenly Father, the Supreme Creator of the Heavens, the earth and all the universe. Jehovah's Witness is another denomination full of actual false prophets. Did you know they actually worshipped their prophets? Yeah. So that's another example of false prophets giving false prophecy and actually asking for money. While they display all kindness, internally, they are ravenous wolves. The Latter-day Saints have displayed complete honesty and thus we all who are members of the truly restored Church are walking the narrow gate of truth and life. 

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:"

Many mainstreamers ignore the truth and would rather conform to Rome. It is a true shame that many are already being deceived by the pope and false cardinals who have no truth within themselves. Worshiping Mary, praying to Saints when none of them will actually answer because none of them are God. You really are misleading people. Than there are all those lgbtpedo churches, revolving around sin, allowing women to be pastors and also to teach unbiblical doctrines. This is not how things are done. The amount of hypocrisy in the mainstream trinitarian false pagan worship of the devil and the sun is real. My testimony stands strong and unbroken. There are only 2 genders. Intersex and hermaphrodites are still male or female because there are only 2 gametes. There are only two types of sex chromosomes; X and Y. Birth defects does not create new genders. There is only one form of romance; true love and marriage is only between a real man and a real woman. Men are men. Women are women. Mary is not a goddess nor a queen in Heaven. Joseph Smith is the true prophet of the Restoration. All popes are false. Quoting me doesn't benefit you, it just shows how offended you are by the words of truth I have spoken. Near the end, all knees shalt bend and all the wicked will not see thy Kingdom of God. Faith Without Works is Dead. James the Apostle was right. So was John. So was Paul. So was all the rest of the Apostles. Sola Fide or whatever it's called along with all catholic doctrines such as augustines's doctrine of original sin are all false and man made. None are approved by God. I have received personal revelations from God about how the roman catholic church will face a reckoning. Our works for God will count for nothing unless we count on God's grace and mercy. Doing what Jesus did such as helping the sick, giving to the poor and spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all nations etc, these are the Good Samaritan acts that we must do in order to show forth our devotion to our Savior. In the name of Jesus Christ, the Son of God and the Lord & Redeemer of the world, Amen.

• 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 184 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    @Nomenclature

Nomenclature, the number one HYPOCRITE within this Religion Forum,

YOUR DIRECT QUOTE TO ME: “I'd sit in a room and talk to @ProudToBeCatholic all day before I'd spend 5 minutes with your sorry butt. At least he's capable of polite conversation and doesn't simply spam the same illiterate posts all day long like an attention starved five year old child. You're a disgrace.”  https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/160714/#Comment_160714

YOUR COMICAL FOLLOWUP ERRONEOUS QUOTE TO ME AFTER SHOWING YOU TO BE THE HYPOCRITE: “I accused you of spamming the same posts over and over again, so I'm truly sorry you're too unintelligent and illiterate to understand simple, plain English. This is what I wrote:-

WHOOPS!  In your pre-school post above, you forgot to include the rest of your quote in saying: “At least he’s capable of polite conversation …” referring to my conversation in NOT being polite with ProudToBeCatholc!”  Therefore, I had to easily “school you” AGAIN in you not having polite conversations with members, of which, you accused me of, therefore, you became the hypocrite!  Your embarrassment in becoming what you are allegedly against, is shown in this link at your expense: https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/160781/#Comment_160781

Relative to my posts, and as seen in your pathetic wanting posts in trying to be something that you are not, you can only dream about making posts like mine with the knowledge that I have in combating the primitive Bronze and Iron Age pseudo-christian.  

BUT, don't be dismayed, because seriously, you do provide great comedy when you try to get out of your predicaments that you have gotten yourself into because of your stupidity upon certain topics, but we will get used to it at your expense, okay?  Thank you,

NEXT ATHEIST LIKE “NOMENCLATURE” THAT DOESN’T KNOW HIS FROM A WILD GRAPE WHEN IT COMES TO LOGICAL DEDUCTIONS IN HIS LYING QUOTES, AND HIS TOTAL INEPTNESS OF THE BIBLE, WILL BE …?

• @ProudToBeCatholic

ProudToBeCatholic, whose mantra is; "Do not cherry-pick biblical passages, even though they are inspired by Jesus, that totally embarrasses me and my primitive thinking Bronze and Iron Age Catholic Religion,” and is the number one king of using ungodly EISIGENSIS in trying to rewrite Jesus' actual literal words, and the number one Bible Apologist that twists himself into a pretzel to "try" and change Jesus' disturbing and despicable inspired words,

TRINITY DOCTRINE COMEDY ACT THAT "MACKEREL SNAPPERS" AS  CATHOLICS HAVE TO ACCEPT:

YOUR DIZZY SPINNING QUOTE OF WHERE YOU ACCEPT JESUS AS GOD, AND WHERE JESUS AS GOD IS HIS OWN SON AT THE SAME TIME: “Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, each separate but still making up the same being; God" “https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/160795/#Comment_160795

So, what you are saying relative to the Trinity Doctrine Comedy Act is simply, there are three divine persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God. Yet these three divine persons are distinct from one another: the Father is not the Son, the Father is not the Holy Spirit, and the Son is not the Holy Spirit.  However, there is exactly one God (1 Timothy 2:5), 

Therefore Christ is His own Father and His own Son. The Holy Ghost is neither Father nor Son, but both in spirit. The Son was begotten by the Father, but existed before He was begotten. Christ is just as old as his Father, and the Father is just as young as his Son. The Holy Ghost proceeded from the Father and Son, but He is of the same age as the other two! 

To further the Godly Triune Comedy Act in your way of thinking, then the Father is Almighty, the Son is Almighty, and the Holy Ghost is Almighty, but yet there are not three Almighty's but one Almighty. It is plainly seen that we have three Almighty's, and at the same time, one Almighty! WOW!  You inform us that obviously the three persons in the Trinity are co-eternal together and coequal. The Father is eternal, the Son is eternal, and the Holy Ghost is eternal, and yet there are not three eternally, but one eternal. The plain English is, that the three entities in the Trinity are three eternally, and individually considered, and yet they are not three eternally, but one eternal! 

Then when Jesus is God, and concerning the "Virgin Birth," then Jesus impregnated His own mother Mary through his spirit of “celestial incest," not only to be her son, but His own son as well in being God, and at the same time, His own Father, as being God. This is barring the fact that Jesus was a bastard child through true Hebrew tradition because Joseph was not the paternal father. 

Therefore, am I correct to your pseudo-christian way of thinking above in describing the Triune Doctrine Comedy Act as explicitly shown, and in the name of your brutal serial killer of innocent babies and infants, Jesus the Christ?

@21CenturyIconoclast
    YOUR COMICAL FOLLOWUP ERRONEOUS QUOTE

Yeah, that should be "comically erroneous followup quote". If you're going to troll then at least make sure you can write legible sentences which don't give away the fact that you're a semi-literate halfwit. 

Anyway, your raging superiority complex bores me. If you need to shout and use bold lettering then it's probably because nothing you write is worth reading.

@Nomenclature

The BOLD lettering are "headers" in writing the English language, look up the term, you dolt! Duh!  Albeit, you thought that I was "shouting!" Double DUH!

You were caught in your grade-school scheme of hiding in what you said TOTALLY in your post, so just go lick your wounds again, and if you want to make yourself the hypocritical fool again, just look me up and I will once again show the membership in what you truly are within this forum, NOTHING!

Oh, and to make you look smarter than you actually are, you can copy and paste my refutations to the inept pseudo-christians in this thread to use in another forum to make it look like you came up with them in the first place!  LOL!  Your Bible Duncery®️ is without question the worse that I have ever seen in any Religion Forum, bar none!  

NEXT WANNABE ATHEIST LIKE "NOMENCLATURE" THAT REMOVES ONE FOOT TO INSERT THE OTHER IN HIS MOUTH ALL THE TIME, WILL BE ... ?
    @21CenturyIconoclast

Anybody else feeling really sleepy?

You were caught in your grade-school scheme of hiding in what you said TOTALLY in your post

Oh wow, you really are utterly illiterate, aren't you? Lmao. How cute.

@Nomenclature

Nomenclature, the Number One Hypocrite of this Religion Forum,

In response to your grade-school post to me on March 7, at 7:07am, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, in your chagrin, reread these posts relative to you being an outright hypocrite:

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/160781/#Comment_160781

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/160877/#Comment_160877

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/160897/#Comment_160897

NEXT PSEUDO ATHEIST LIKE “NOMENCLATURE” THAT GIVES ATHEISM A BAD NAME IN TRYING TO HIDE FROM THE BLATANT FACT OF BEING A HYPOCRITE, WILL BE … ?

Nomenclature
    @21CenturyIconoclast
    NEXT PSEUDO ATHEIST

Oh, I'm pretending to be an atheist? Lmfao. Yes, you rumbled me, genius.

Shut your pointless, unintelligent mouth and go take your OCD medication.

@ProudToBeCatholic

TO THE FELLOW BIBLE IGNORANT AND PSEUDO-CHRISTIANS LIKE PROUDTOBECATHOLIC:

Seriously, should we be worried in the fact that the number one Bible ignorant fool ProudToBeCatholic has disappeared for the last 6 days from his Religion Forum threads in not addressing posts directed to him?

Do you think that your serial killer Jesus, of innocent babies and infants, has had enough of ProudToBeCatholic rewriting his direct literal words in the scriptures through his ungodly and biblically unsupported eisigensis, and possibly has struck him with a sickness, or possible death like Jesus as God has done so many times before with naysayers of His faith in the Bible?

My last post to him was regarding the ever so comical Trinity Doctrine, where hopefully this didn't cause a stroke for him because of its LOGICAL conclusions that easily contradicted ProudToBeCatholic's assumption of the Triune Doctrine in the first place, which was embarrassing to say the least!
    https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/160878/#Comment_160878

Pseudo-christians, which of the following possible godly edicts do you think is the cause of ProudToBeCatholic's disappearance in his Religion Forum threads?

1. Do you think that ProudToBeCatholic finally came across the FACT that Jesus as God DOES NOT want him to be associated with Atheists and other non-believers within this Religion Forum as biblically shown below:  

"Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? (2 Corinthians 6-14)

2. Do you think that ProudToBeCatholic unfortunately died since March 6, and since he LIED with his ungodly eisigensis rantings, and where he is now burning in the sulfur lakes of hell as we speak: 

"But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, AND ALL LIARS, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:8)

3. Do you think that ProudToBeCatholic was caught up with another pseudo-christian that actually followed Jesus' direct words shown below, and carried out Jesus' wrath upon ProudToBeCatholic's wrong doings of rewriting the Bible in a biased way:

"For he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer." (Romans 13:4)

4. Do you think that ProudToBeCatholic broke down and cursed his parents, and since they were devout Christians as well, they had to follow through with the outcome of the passage below:

JESUS SAID: "And he continued, “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and mother,’ and, ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother IS TO BE PUT TO DEATH." (Mark 7:9-10)

Cat
  • SargonskiSargonski 47 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Saw much talk on what Paul had to say - and some Dogma from Man Made Idole Marty --tiny bit on James .. but "What did Jesus have to say" ?

Jesus is works works .. and more works in the Synoptics ---   no mention of  "Faith" as a requirement for salvation .. and in fact Jesus singles out and criticizes the  :"Faith Alone" crowd   at the end of is most famous and only major Sermon .. the topic of which is how to get through the pearly gates ..   be put right before God .. obtain Salvation ..

Matt 7:12  --     "Don't do to others what you hate .. the rest is all commentary"  ...  This rule sums up the Law and the Prophets   aka  "The Golden Rule"    and be kind to/-help/ - don't trample on the poor  ..  and Jesus gives numerous examples  which you should all be familiar      "Log out of own eye"    "Judge Not"    " let ye without sin cast first Rock - which is not in the synoptics but should be and is just another example of the Golden Rule   . both positive and negative forms  ..    love neighbor as wellf

Then he says .. watch out for the false ones .      "By their Fruit you will know them"   by their deeds ..    

and  "Wait for it"  ..  Sorry Tim Tebow  .. those who run around crying   "Jesus Jesus"  as if he had something to do with the last touchdown --    Jesus says do not be like the hypocrites .. crying out on street corners .. go pray in the Closet and when you give Charity -- do not make a big show of it. 

For  "Not All Who CRY   LORD, LORD  - make it through Judgement .. but   "ONly those that do the will of the Father" 

The  "Will of the Father"  what Jesus tells you is the will of the Father in the Sermon he has just given   then closes with -- and for those who didn't get it the first two times he has said it...

The hearers of the word do not make it .. ONLY - the doers of the word    "Works - Works"   on this solid foundation your house should be built   ..   The "Faith Alone" crowd .. a house build on Sand ..    the waves came ... and that was that  ..   "So it is Written ..  So it shall be done" 
  • SargonskiSargonski 47 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: False Dichotomy ?

@Nomenclature
    My mind is working rationally. I look at creation and say, "Someone created this." You look at creation and say, "Wow, a big bang six, nine, or twelve, billion years ago created this." I look at one single human cell that is more advanced than the finest technological machine man has ever created and I say, "Someone must have created this." You look at the human cell and say, "Wow, this came from a big bang or a bacterial soup that 'evolved' over billions of years." Who's mind isn't working properly?
    My guess is the one who has presented the false dichotomy would be the one of the improper mind workings ..   and some strawman fallacy the other. 

I agree that when I look at creation through the objective lens of the scientist ..  I see a Ghost in the machine ..  but that doesn't make the Ghost a "Someone"   .. some anthropomorphic  all powerful God you have conceived.  .    there are other things to consider --   such that the hand of the Creator may be a different hand than the one managing the forces of the Universe  ..  and  many other things

So while I will grant that we see Nature go against the Chaos --  go against entropy .. driven by forces in violation of random chance ..   these forces may just be built into the machine .. and thus I suppose you could call the Machine itself God .. which is not what you are doing..  

So there is other stuff here ---    the   "Random vs Order" argument is a false dichotomy  .. the way you have it presented. 
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1530 Pts   -  
    @ProudToBeCatholic ;that the Bible clearly teaches faith and works in cooperation with grace.

Nevertheless I can find no grace whatsoever in blindly following a faith that was set up to control the masses, incite hatred against others and treat its followers like ignorant, lost sheep. 

In fact I think that the Bible clearly works in cooperation with "disgrace".

Dreamer
  • DreamerDreamer 272 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Mormonism is the best religion.

If I was to become religious again I would pick Mormon. This is because they have the most pro-vaccine stance of any religion I've seen. Latter Day Saints are morally obligated to get vaccinated. The Mormon church should be praised for this.