frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Psychology: Generaly defined as the Scientific Study of the Mind and Behavior

12346»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Ha, Ha Maxx the convicted kiddy fiddler is ashamed that Astrology is a recognised university course in America like Hamburgerolgy , only in the US a nation of  half -wits
  • BarnardotBarnardot 542 Pts   -  
    @Dee ;The main flaw of Psychology as a Science is its inability to make accurate predictions.

I looked it up and my research shows that premonitions is not a tool that is used by psychologists or part of psychology so I think your burned enough straw men by now. And also what about the lobster telephone.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited September 2023
    @Barnardot

What are you on about nowhere did I mention " premonitions" you clown.
  • maxxmaxx 1138 Pts   -   edited September 2023
    Poor dee. Thinks a debate site is an insult forum. Ha ha ha. What a loser. Cant even answer questions.  Thinks psychic powers is a science.  Come over dee, and your face can read my palm .Dee has a degree in numerology from the Birmingham university , haw haw haw. Psychology  is taught in all credited universities in the world. In reply,  dee throws out crap. Whats the matter dee.  Cant you debate? Of course not. You are too addled from your mousey wife beating you up. Name a science, that doesn't have the issues that you claim makes psychology not a science. Your own words dee; psychology is not a science because of its inability to make accurate predictions. by your own reasoning, archeology is not a science.  @Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Poor ole Mad Maxx still convinced that by constantly stalking me and repeating nonsense I'm suddenly going to believe pseudoscience is science, you're just like a preacher trying to convince an atheist there is a god.

Poor dee. Thinks a debate site is an insult forum. Ha ha ha.

How did I insult you? I made a factual statement regards your being a convicted kiddy fiddler, I described you and you feel insulted.....tough.

What a loser. Cant even anwer questions. 

You mean by proving you wrong again?

Thinks psychic powers is a science.

No I don't but American Universities do.

Come over dee, and your face can read my palm

I used to do it for a living making money of gullible half -wits like you 

. Psychology  is taught in all credited universities in the world.

Well you can get a degree in hamburgerology in the US , your point being?

In reply,  dee throws out . Whats the matter dee.  Cant you debate?

Yes I can which is why I'm still, top of the leader vboard and you're not.

Of course not. You are too addled from your mousey wife beatingyou up.

Well that's a bit rich coming from you a grown man who's being convicted of vile crimes against kiddies

Name a science, that doesn'thave the issues that you claim makes psychology not a science.  

Name a science that has a 30,per cent sucess rate like pseudoscientific psychology?

• maxxmaxx 1138 Pts   -  
    right. all you do is lie and not answer questions put to you. That is part of debate. Yet you do not answer questions. As for stalking; that is a crap of bull. I can not create one debate without you jumping in on it and bergin insulting. Talk about pathetic. You do not even create debates. all you do is troll others. @Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

right. all you do is lie and not answer questions put to you

Yet the only li-r is you and you run, dodge and swerve when corrected. You said profiling was not psychology as it was just guesswork then you changed your m8nd an said profiling was psychology and yet a psychologist saidcits akin to fortune telling which you admit is  pseudoscience , proving yet again psychology as you admit in your own words is pseudoscience.

. That is part of debate. Yet you do not answer questions

Nonsense , point proven above ......again.

. As for stalking; that is a crap of bull.

Yet here you are stalking again.

I can not create one debate without you jumping in on it and bergin insulting

My opening remarks were not insults you as usual started with the insults because as usual i destroyed your contentions with my opening statement.

. Talk about pathetic. You do not even create debates. all you do is troll other

Which is why I'm still top of the leader board and you're not talk about sour grapes from Maxx the loser.

• maxxmaxx 1138 Pts   -  
    .  quote me.  i did not say profiling was not psychology.  learn to read correctly or understand exactly the meaning. Profiling is like tracking. I even gave you a link on those caught by profiling. I said profiling is hard because it requires actual contact and discussion to actually analyze some one. i did not say it was impossible. Unfortunately it requires many crime scenes to build a profile. The same clues and data gathered and so on. i dont guess the word modus operandi means anything to you. How Criminal Profiling Offers an Insight into a Criminal's Mind - IFF Lab   why dont you actually try to learn about a post before you comment on it. You provided no proof that psychology is not a social science. All sciences has replication issues. psychology uses the same methodology as other sciences. Psychology is taught world wide in all schools. It is a social science which is used in every walk of life.   @Dee
    @maxx

ARGUMENT TOPIC: MAXX MAXX ADMITTING PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILING IS NOT PSYCHOLOGY BUT GUESSWORK (PSEUDOSCIENCE)
    Look at this folks Maxx is now lying about his lies , this is hilarious....... 

Mad Maxx...... "quote me.  i did not say profiling was not psychology.  learn to read correctly or understand exactly the meaning."

Here is Mad Maxx saying he did not say  profiling is not psychology after yet again saying it's not in his quote below.....Maxx the compulsive l-ar saying below exactly what he said he  didn't say.........

It's guess work at that point. Its not psychology it is detective work......

ROFLMAO

• maxxmaxx 1138 Pts   -  
    at that point.  why dont you read about criminal profiling. unless you have the clues needed to profile, it is guess work. enough clues, you can profile. guess what? you failed to comment on my link, nor my other links about criminal profiling. you also failed to prove psychology is not a science. you want the last word loser? fine by me. you lost!   What is Criminal Profiling And It's Role in Law Enforcement? | UCF Online  @Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

ARGUMENT TOPIC: MAXX MAXX ADMITTING PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILING IS NOT PSYCHOLOGY BUT GUESSWORK (PSEUDOSCIENCE)

Mad Maxx...... "quote me.  i did not say profiling was not psychology.  learn to read correctly or understand exactly the meaning."

Here is Mad Maxx saying he did not say  profiling is not psychology after yet again saying it's not in his quote below.....Maxx the compulsive l-ar saying below exactly what he said he  didn't say.........

maxx said:
    psychological profiling on serial killers. first, that all it is, a profile. Even police detectives produce these in their case files. All it is, is simply modish operendi.  nothing but clues on how the person operates. The psychologist does not see, or talk with the person, no actual interaction at all. It is not even actual psychology.  it is an attempt at tracking. It is like seeing a footprint in the snow and trying to gain insight to the persons mind.  of course it is almost impossible. perhaps a lighter was in the print.  is he a smoker?  an attempt at a campfire? was it even his.  It's guess work at that point. Its not psychology it is detective work. you just keep gathering clues. Psychology is based on interaction with the person where communication is the actual part of it. gaining insight on a person based upon objects, is not psychology. It is nothing but profiling.You seem to have a very wrong idea on what psychology is and how it operates. You also fail to produce a link that support your stats. I also would never have said psychology is not a science because of replication issues since all sciences have them It would have been better to say it is based upon individualism instead of collective points,  Psychology is a social science, and is the study of the mind and how it operates within each person. Perhaps you should actually read a text book on it before you simply dismiss it.   this is what i said !. you take 1 sentence out of an explanation and turn it around.  read the entire thing in its context.  you flat do not have the intelligence that you were born with.
    Short (cpa.ca) @Dee

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Mad Maxx...... "quote me.  i did not say profiling was not psychology.  learn to read correctly or understand exactly the meaning."

• maxxmaxx 1138 Pts   -  
    read the whole quote a hole. grow up you mental throwback. you lost. you provided no proof at all save that it has replication issues. whoopie. bye loser.  if you can not answer questions then have fun talking to yourself. learn to debate. @Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6103 Pts   -  
    I think both @maxx and @Dee are demonstrating here that psychology as a science has a long way to go yet... Applied psychology clearly has not had much success here. ;)
    ZeusAres42
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

I think both @maxx and @Dee are demonstrating here that psychology as a science has a long way to go yet

Making sarcastic comments is a pretty cowardly tactic that may give you an ego boost but demonstrates that your input on the topic ends there

Psychology is not a science , it makes very bold claims for itself but the results clearly demonstrate precisely why it shouldn't be considered a science.

... Applied psychology clearly has not had much success here. 

One cannot use reason on a person who didn't  reason themselves into the postion they are in.

My opening statement on this debate made a simple challenge which not one person on this  topic has addressed , everyone has swerved by refusing to answer this simple challenge which to me is no surprise.
    @Dee

You ever tried taking a breather and just enjoying a light-hearted conversation, throwing jokes around and having fun? Or is every human interaction a fight to the death in your eyes?
    "You have such beautiful eyes!"
    "Huh, are you mocking me? I will show you, you bastard!"
    ZeusAres42
    @MayCaesar ;

You ever tried taking a breather and just enjoying a light-hearted conversation, throwing jokes around and having fun?

Yes, i used to do it for a living.

Or is every human interaction a fight to the death in your eyes?

I've never had a fight in my life , I've had a wonderful life so far surrounded by people I admire and love.

"You have such beautiful eyes!"
    "Huh, are you mocking me? I will show you, you bastard!"

I've never thankfully been in a situation like that ,  you seem incredibly judgemental and I feel you're projecting but if it somehow makes you feel better you stick with that , it will give you a temporary ego boost that may fill the void .....temporality at least 
  • @MayCaesar

I kinda gave up on this as it got flooded by one person trying to say that empircal evidence is all fake, and another trying to say how we are all psychologists in our daily lives. Basically, just self-proclaimed experts making themselves look very silly. 
    MayCaesar

@Dee

Curious. Maybe you express your love and admiration in a very peculiar way, kind of like people in the BDSM community do? "Oooh, you have been very naughty. I will punish you! Where did I put my handcuffs..."
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

You're a very strange person who seems to know a lot about the BDSM community good for you .....I just bet you're without a partner unmarried but of course it's out of choice ,right?
    @Dee

Oh, you have no idea! Want me to teach you some things? I bet you did not know how many uses a cucumber has.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar ;

I'm good but thanks for the offer.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

I kinda gave up on this as it got flooded by one person trying to say that empircal evidence is all fake

No, I never said that. What I did say was the sucess rate of psychoogy as used in daily practice is pretty abysmal according to empirical ev8dence which you're not remotely interested as it doesn't fit your narrative.

, and another trying to say how we are all psychologists in our daily lives

You more or less claimed the same thing.

. Basically, just self-proclaimed experts making themselves look very silly

Says you the guy who sticks by his claim that the FDA is an  esteemed body, which demonstrates clearly how biased , chilfish and silly you are.

.Another fine example of you accusing others of the very faults you have in spades. Regards "self proclaimed experts" you're actually the one who keeps attempting to bully others by implying  your years working in academia gives all your remarks a special seal of approval, that normally works on kids as t shuts down dialogue which is kinda your thing. 
    clearly dee can make a killer out of Ghandhi  all he does on this debate site is ridicule and insult. shows low esteem, for he craves attention. he probably has suppressed feelings of anger and or guilt in his life and simply uses this site as an outlet.  @MayCaesar
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx ;

Ghandi was worse than that he was a sexual predator and abuser of young women , you put your foot in it again didn't you?

You always accuse me of insult and ridicule yet I start every debate by asking a direct question or making a direct statement which everytime has you flying into an irrational rage.

I don't crave attention but I get praise , compliments and attention it by the bucketful on a daily basis on account of my work , you're  jealous right?

• maxxmaxx 1138 Pts   -  
    I fail to see where you think the use of psychology in evderday life is silly or not useful. It is used in range from sports, religion, law, at work, and in every day situations; social interactions, family, etc.  @ZeusAres42
    Dee
    @Dee ;is pretty abysmal according to empirical ev8dence 

And what’s your idea about empirical evidence. Have you at last found some have you. I bet you can’t wait to post it to get your self out of the gigantic sess pit you got berried in with all those scam sites you posted that didn’t say any thing at all and that you admit by de fault say nothing. Wow I’m so happy for you that your on the cup of winning your first argument of a dum topic. Of coarse 99% of people are going to be disappointed at being found wrong including me so I’ll just have to suck it up. Any way I can’t wait . Can you hurry up and post this empirical evidence. Like your going to be the total hero I all ways knew you were.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot

WOW! My stalker is back , you need to lighten up buddy have a few cold ones , take your broad out to the movies unless she's busy trying to rip yet another car dealer off.

You're very like Just Sayin with your constant stalking.
  • BarnardotBarnardot 542 Pts   -   edited September 2023
    @Dee so what about the empirical evidence then because so far no body has ever come up with any at all.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot

so what about the empirical evidence then because so far no body has ever come up with any at all.

SOCIETY OF COMPLAINTS REGARDING EMPERICAL EVIDENCE 

HI BARNDOOR , WE TAKE ALL SUCH COMPLAINTS VERY SERIOUSLY HERE  AT THE SOCIETY , YOU SEEM VERY EMOTIONAL AND OVERWROUGHT PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM PROVIDED AND ONE OF OUR AGENTS WILL GET BACK TO YOU.

PS PLEASE USE A WATERPROOF PEN ON THE FORM JUST IN CASE YOU BURST OUT CRYING , TRY NOT TO GET ANY TEARS ON THE FORM KEEP A BOX OF TISSUES NEAR BY , 

KINDEST REGARDS,  FROM A VERY  CONCERNED CITIZEN.

@Dee ; SOCIETY OF COMPLAINTS REGARDING EMPERICAL EVIDENCE 

So we take it then that you have no answer. So in other words there is no empirical evidence that exists at all. You lost your argument way back because the posts you gave were found out to be miss leading editorials which had no evidence about your argument at all. So I guess all your doing now is trolling because now your making things up and keep on spitting out your Ritalin in the play ground every time they give it to you.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot

WOW! You'd whine for America ,I think the box you should be ticking on the form is .....the I'm a little one .....
    @Dee ;the I'm a little one

Thats right like the little one who tries to act big like a bully boy telling any one that if he believes in some thing totally dum and offencive then hes right and he can pass any lying meaningless crap as evidence thinking that every one believes it with out analizing it and seeing that its a load of made up crap from a suss web site. You really do get some girly boys in this world who have the mental maturity of a tard flea with brain cancer.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot

Thats right like the little one who tries to act big like a bully boy telling any one that if he believes in some thing totally dum and offencive then hes right and he can pass any lying meaningless crap as evidence thinking that every one believes it with out analizing it and seeing that its a load of made up crap from a suss web site

If you really feel that strongly about your behaviour I suggest you change your ways.

. You really do get some girly boys in this world who have the mental maturity of a tard flea with brain cancer.

Leave your mother out of this.

@Dee ;Leave your mother out of this.

Well I wood have put your mother in this but then I wood have to use the f word with er after it.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot

Well I wood have put your mother in this but then I wood have to use the f word with er after it.

" wood" ....LOL 
  • BoganBogan 453 Pts   -  
    @maxx ;      all you can do is resort  to insults; you always have to start trouble.You refuse to debate properly; you refuse tpo back up your own statements, 

Look in the mirror.      When you and I debated whether races were equal, your tactic was to never make even the most screamingly obvious connections.    Or you repeatedly pretended to misunderstand my position so that you could repeatedly dodge the issues I raised.    Spare me your false pretense to impartiality and fair debate.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Bogan

You're spot on. Every time he states something obvious thinking he's saying something profound.

He's captain state the obvious and master of dodging and making  comments on arguments his opponents never made but he pretends they have to cover his inability to even keep up with his own nonsense.