frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

God is far more evil than the Devil?

124»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2770 Pts   -   edited February 8
    @ZeusAres42 ; I came to this site with the best of intentions but the first thing I encountered was scoffing and hate for my faith and my Lord and Christianity...I'm not that pathetic pacifist...I loathe atheism...its destruction and damnation in my Country and especially in the lives of our children...If you guys can't fight and defend your atheistic insanity as you blaspheme my Lord and mock my faith...mute me...because I'm not going to bow down and take the atheistic idiocy. You're all demons worthy of Hell in your insolence and mockery of our Creator....let's do this.

I can't speak for others, but as an atheist, I don't believe in the existence of a god. It's not that I believe there is no god; rather, I simply lack belief in one. The absence of belief is not the same as believing in absence. Therefore, I find it challenging to defend a position that essentially does not exist. I also don't get why someone would attempt to fight and have so much hate for something that is absent in existance too. 

@RickeyHoltsclaw

Also, this debate was not a mockery of religion. In case you missed it I also made another debate recently about how some Atheists are foolish and make silly arguments. The debate was/is designed to be challenging though. 

Factfinder

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 169 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42 ; I came to this site with the best of intentions but the first thing I encountered was scoffing and hate for my faith and my Lord and Christianity...I'm not that pathetic pacifist...I loathe atheism...its destruction and damnation in my Country and especially in the lives of our children...If you guys can't fight and defend your atheistic insanity as you blaspheme my Lord and mock my faith...mute me...because I'm not going to bow down and take the atheistic idiocy. You're all demons worthy of Hell in your insolence and mockery of our Creator....let's do this.

I can't speak for others, but as an atheist, I don't believe in the existence of a god. It's not that I believe there is no god; rather, I simply lack belief in one. The absence of belief is not the same as believing in absence. Therefore, I find it challenging to defend a position that essentially does not exist. I also don't get why someone would attempt to fight and have so much hate for something that is absent in existance too. 

@RickeyHoltsclaw

Also, this debate was not a mockery of religion. In case you missed it I also made another debate recently about how some Atheists are foolish and make silly arguments. The debate was/is designed to be challenging though. 

@ZeusAres42 ;  Thank you for the information and the heads up...
  • FactfinderFactfinder 876 Pts   -  

can't speak for others, but as an atheist, I don't believe in the existence of a god. It's not that I believe there is no god; rather, I simply lack belief in one. The absence of belief is not the same as believing in absence. Therefore, I find it challenging to defend a position that essentially does not exist. I also don't get why someone would attempt to fight and have so much hate for something that is absent in existance too. 

Yeah it's not so much 'god' we argue against, it's its followers. "Best of intentions" right so what does ricky's book say when people aren't receptive? Dust off your feet and move on or insult them and bicker every day? I think you know it's the former. Point is I agree with you, I don't have nothing against god, just don't believe in it. Not as the religions of the world claim it to be. Which brings me to a question, What would qualify as a god? How would we know if we saw one?
    ZeusAres42
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6101 Pts   -   edited February 9
    @Factfinder

I do not really argue against any system of views: I find religion (any religion) to be childish, but to each their own - there is room for childishness in everyone's life, and, trust me, I indulge in it far more than I probably should. :) I have plenty of Christian, Muslim and Buddhist friends, and my first real crush was a Shinto priestess. I can look past people's views that I disagree with, and often those views make them more interesting and exotic.

But then we have people like Rickey who come and start preaching and throwing accusations around - and as soon as someone talks back, accuse them of "hate". Such people are unpleasant regardless of their views. If Rickey with the same passion argued that 2+2=4 ("Anyone who doubts that 2+2=4 must go to the Number Hell where they have to multiply 5 digit numbers in their heads for eternity!"), he would be almost as unpleasant.

I am okay with passionate people who a) are well spoken and b) make good arguments. Neither a) nor b) hold here.
    Factfinder
  • FactfinderFactfinder 876 Pts   -  
    MayCaesar said:
    @Factfinder

I do not really argue against any system of views: I find religion (any religion) to be childish, but to each their own - there is room for childishness in everyone's life, and, trust me, I indulge in it far more than I probably should. :) I have plenty of Christian, Muslim and Buddhist friends, and my first real crush was a Shinto priestess. I can look past people's views that I disagree with, and often those views make them more interesting and exotic.

But then we have people like Rickey who come and start preaching and throwing accusations around - and as soon as someone talks back, accuse them of "hate". Such people are unpleasant regardless of their views. If Rickey with the same passion argued that 2+2=4 ("Anyone who doubts that 2+2=4 must go to the Number Hell where they have to multiply 5 digit numbers in their heads for eternity!"), he would be almost as unpleasant.

I am okay with passionate people who a) are well spoken and b) make good arguments. Neither a) nor b) hold here.
    Yeah, you know if ricky spoke from the heart instead constantly antagonizing I would like to hear his perspective. Like why feel insulted just because someone doesn't share your religious beliefs? It's weird, like spewing venom is fun, or it reveals insecurity. Don't know but I think he should figure that out. 
    MayCaesar
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6101 Pts   -  
    @Factfinder

Many people are external validation-motivated, so when someone does not agree with their views, they feel threatened and snap. Other people feel that getting other people to agree with them increases their influence in the world somehow, so when not enough people share their opinion, they try to convert as many people as possible - and become upset when conversion is not happening at their preferred rate.

I have always believed that 99.9% of problems in the world would be instantly solved if people focused on bettering their life and stopped trying to control how other people live theirs. We can always dream...