frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Atheism does not exist in reality; why is the deception promulgated among the aberrant?

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 169 Pts   -  

Everyone born of Adam's seed sins (Romans 3:23)...it's in our genome...it's what we do by nature...this is applicable to the atheist and the Christian...we are all encumbered by an Adamic sin-nature and even though the Christian is born again by faith in Jesus as Messiah (John 3) and the Holy Spirit indwells them by covenant promise (Ephesians 1:13-14), even though they have received a "new nature" by faith in Jesus as Messiah (2 Corinthians 5:17), the Christian still struggles with the sin-nature that wars against the new-nature and this truism remains valid until the Christian rids them self of this body of sinful, decaying, flesh; therefore, the Holy Spirit provided the Christian with 1 John 1:9; this, NOT to renew or establish or keep one's salvation...Christian salvation is secure through New Covenant promise (Hebrews 8:12) but the Christian is provided 1 John 1:9 for the sake of intimacy with our Heavenly Father.

It is sin that creates a chasm in relationships, both Earthy and Heavenly; therefore, when a Christian fails to honor the Father's will their conscience is beleaguered, there is a feeling of loss...there is an absence of joy and peace and communion with our Creator; therefore, 1 John 1:9 is not for salvation or for our Creator but for the individual Christian in order to restore intimacy and joy and daily communion with our Creator...where there is peace and joy in Jesus Christ (Romans 5:1). 

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6101 Pts   -  
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

You are right, Rickey: you are a wretched man and a slave. But I am not sure why you are telling this to me. First, I already know that; and second, and I do not care.
    ZeusAres42
    MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

You are right, Rickey: you are a wretched man and a slave. But I am not sure why you are telling this to me. First, I already know that; and second, and I do not care.

@MayCaesar ; @ZeusAres42 ;  During my years of policing, it has been my experience that homosexuality and atheism are like birds of feather....curious....are you and Zeus homosexuals?
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

I am not. Your policing experience must have been... interesting. Did it involve leather uniforms? Whips? A lot of moaning?
    ZeusAres42GiantMan
    MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

I am not. Your policing experience must have been... interesting. Did it involve leather uniforms? Whips? A lot of moaning?

@MayCaesar ;  Yes, homo's and lesbo's and trans were especially fond of revealing leather....policed the queer community of "The Montrose" in Houston, TX on four-different shifts...atheist inundated - demonically oriented - Hell in Time.  So you're NOT LGBTQIA++?
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

As much as it might shock you, I am perfectly straight. More than straight: I only am interested in Asian women!

I am genuinely interested in the kind of policing you have to do to routinely find out people's sexuality. Do you ask them for naughty videos?
    I also find it curious that the only people ever asking me about my sexuality are Christian fundamentalists. Are you guys that repressed? It is a weird thing to ask of a stranger.
    MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

As much as it might shock you, I am perfectly straight. More than straight: I only am interested in Asian women!

I am genuinely interested in the kind of policing you have to do to routinely find out people's sexuality. Do you ask them for naughty videos?

@MayCaesar ;  When policing a homosexual community, you're not required to "routinely find out people's sexuality"....they wear it proudly though I was required, at times, to ask if the trans suspect was fully castrated so that I knew what holding-cell to place them into subsequent arrival at the jail. Some had breast augmentation - implants but maintained a penis...at that time we had not accommodations for that perverse form mental, spiritual, illness.  
    @MayCaesar ;  You come across as gay-queer...distraught...confused...angry...demonic...hopeless...therefore, atheists with those personality traits and attributes are most likely homosexual, lesbian, trans, some form of deviant...and that often explains their virulent, toxic, vitriol, towards Christianity which proclaims the truth about homosexuality, LGBTQIA++ and its demonic root. You are most offensive atheist...

@RickeyHoltsclaw

I see. So you went to one of the weirdest communities in the world and extrapolated its habits to billions of non-religious people around the world?

MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

I see. So you went to one of the weirdest communities in the world and extrapolated its habits to billions of non-religious people around the world?

@MayCasear ;  Christians who honor our Creator tell you the truth...we ally with Jesus because we trust in Him and we love Him; conversely, you ally with Satan because you love your lust and your flesh and your pride more than Truth and your conscience is seared, your future is nihilistic...these are free will choices. We are at odds because I serve the Living God, Jesus Christ, and you serve the god of death and Hell, Satan...there is no reconciliation as our loyalties are irreconcilable.

• just_sayinjust_sayin 999 Pts   -  
    @just_sayin

I never said 'my atheism is different'. I sad it's unbelief and makes no assertions. That's what theism does. I do not claim there is no god, no assertions, get it. I simply do not accept anything purposed as a god to date as real; due to lack of evidence. Pointing at a rock and saying 'god did' it isn't evidence of any god. 

You can see evidence of atheism's morality every day on this site. We debate honestly and only return insults when provoked. You claim to know our belief systems just because we reject yours. You then say our 'god' is science, you claim were satanic because of your ignorance in how we arrived to where we're at in our world views. You get frustrated and lash out with silly videos when we simply don't share your faith. You make stupendous comparisons but you can only see the reactions to your nonsense and then once again project your presumptuous attitudes on anyone who disagrees with you. And you wonder why one or more of us would introduce the flying spaghetti monster as god to mock your self-righteous remarks? Your god must be so proud. 

Don't even try to defend ricky. You even told him he was over the top in so many words.
    OMG!  I haven't seen so much crap since that episode of dirty jobs where Mrs Frasier's toilet exploded with the entire neigborhood's crap floating around her home.  See here:

You have made lots of assertions - and called Rickey lots of names.  You have indeed claimed numerous times in multiple debate threads that there is no god.  As sure as @MayCasesar will make a science of the gaps appeal as soon as he is confronted with evidence of a miracle, you will claim that there is no God.  

You haven't paid attention to my claims about your weak moral value system.  I have pointed out that as an atheist you have no objective moral source for values.  So everyone does what he wants and what he thinks best.  You worship 'scientism', but science stands against so many of your beliefs - such as the creation of the universe.  I can't begin to tell you how many atheists have said that the universe came from nothing.  That is logically impossible.  I've read at least 2 dozen different theories from scientists about how the universe was created - its not that there aren't theories - there just aren't any that are scientifically sound.  Go ahead mention a theory - and I will find you articles and post links from other atheist scientists who trash that theory into obliteration.  You mock people of faith when they appeal to an unseen God, but you appeal to what is essentially magic for the creation of the universe.  That's not science, that's make believe.
    GiantMan
  • MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

@MayCaesar ; @ZeusAres42 ;  During my years of policing, it has been my experience that homosexuality and atheism are like birds of feather....curious....are you and Zeus homosexuals?
    asked by the Pedo

• ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2769 Pts   -   edited February 18
    @just_sayin

I never said 'my atheism is different'. I sad it's unbelief and makes no assertions. That's what theism does. I do not claim there is no god, no assertions, get it. I simply do not accept anything purposed as a god to date as real; due to lack of evidence. Pointing at a rock and saying 'god did' it isn't evidence of any god. 

You can see evidence of atheism's morality every day on this site. We debate honestly and only return insults when provoked. You claim to know our belief systems just because we reject yours. You then say our 'god' is science, you claim were satanic because of your ignorance in how we arrived to where we're at in our world views. You get frustrated and lash out with silly videos when we simply don't share your faith. You make stupendous comparisons but you can only see the reactions to your nonsense and then once again project your presumptuous attitudes on anyone who disagrees with you. And you wonder why one or more of us would introduce the flying spaghetti monster as god to mock your self-righteous remarks? Your god must be so proud. 

Don't even try to defend ricky. You even told him he was over the top in so many words.
    OMG!  I haven't seen so much crap since that episode of dirty jobs where Mrs Frasier's toilet exploded with the entire neigborhood's crap floating around her home.  See here:

You have made lots of assertions - and called Rickey lots of names.  You have indeed claimed numerous times in multiple debate threads that there is no god.  As sure as @MayCasesar will make a science of the gaps appeal as soon as he is confronted with evidence of a miracle, you will claim that there is no God.  

You haven't paid attention to my claims about your weak moral value system.  I have pointed out that as an atheist you have no objective moral source for values.  So everyone does what he wants and what he thinks best.  You worship 'scientism', but science stands against so many of your beliefs - such as the creation of the universe.  I can't begin to tell you how many atheists have said that the universe came from nothing.  That is logically impossible.  I've read at least 2 dozen different theories from scientists about how the universe was created - its not that there aren't theories - there just aren't any that are scientifically sound.  Go ahead mention a theory - and I will find you articles and post links from other atheist scientists who trash that theory into obliteration.  You mock people of faith when they appeal to an unseen God, but you appeal to what is essentially magic for the creation of the universe.  That's not science, that's make believe.

MayCaesarFactfinderGiantMan

RickeyHoltsclaw said:

@MayCasear ;  Christians who honor our Creator tell you the truth...we ally with Jesus because we trust in Him and we love Him; conversely, you ally with Satan because you love your lust and your flesh and your pride more than Truth and your conscience is seared, your future is nihilistic...these are free will choices. We are at odds because I serve the Living God, Jesus Christ, and you serve the god of death and Hell, Satan...there is no reconciliation as our loyalties are irreconcilable.
    Your world salad is cute, but your argument is kind of guano...
    Factfinder
    MayCaesar said:
    RickeyHoltsclaw said:

@MayCaesar ;  My "arguments" don't resonate with you because you belong to Satan...you cannot understand the Truth...your conscience has been seared...your discernment controlled...your future nihilistic...your existence, wasteful.

• @RickeyHoltsclaw

Why was it you were kicked from the police again?
    Factfinder

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 169 Pts   -   edited February 18
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

@ZeusAres42 ;  I was not "kicked from the police"...I retired honorably subsequent 31-years of service...try again? 
  • @RickeyHoltsclaw

@ZeusAres42 ;  I was not "kicked from the police"...I retired honorably subsequent 31-years of service...try again? 
    Are you sure that is the case and/or you were well liked by your collegues? Sure none of them saw you as a somewhat wrongen? It won't take that much to find out bruh! ;)

• FactfinderFactfinder 873 Pts   -  
    @just_sayin

NO GOD exists that's been claimed. That's not the same as saying no god exist period. IF I hadn't been clear maybe this will help you. You see, (?) my intelligent position needs needs no assertions, your ahem, position does. Until you get that, can't take you very serious and we'll just go in circles.
    ZeusAres42GiantMan
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Are you sure that is the case and/or you were well liked by your collegues? Sure none of them saw you as a somewhat wrongen? It won't take that much to find out bruh! ;)

@ZeusAres42 ; Don't know what you're alleging...or what is your motive...can you be specific?
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2769 Pts   -   edited February 18
    @Factfinder

Would you say now that as apostate you are more of a Deist?

• @RickeyHoltsclaw

@ZeusAres42 ; Don't know what you're alleging...or what is your motive...can you be specific?
    Kind of foolish of you don't you think to assume that you're the only one around here from policing background. Pretty much like the assumption that you're the only real christian around here. Also kinda naive of you to not yet be quite up to date with how the Internet works. ;)

@RickeyHoltsclaw

Kind of foolish of you don't you think to assume that you're the only one around here from policing background. Pretty much like the assumption that you're the only real christian around here. Also kinda naive of you to not yet be quite up to date with how the Internet works. ;)

ZeusAres42   

1) I'm not concerned if anyone "around here" is from a "policing background." Never even entered my mind...I could care less.

2) Is there another "Christian" in this debate forum; if so, who are they? Do you even know what defines Christianity?

3) If I had anything to hide, would I have used my real name as my User Name among this hoard of demonic atheists and would I have shared with you my years of blog posts via rickeyholtsclaw.com? 

Do you think before you type? 
  • @RickeyHoltsclaw

ZeusAres42   

1) I'm not concerned if anyone "around here" is from a "policing background." Never even entered my mind...I could care less.

2) Is there another "Christian" in this debate forum; if so, who are they? Do you even know what defines Christianity?

3) If I had anything to hide, would I have used my real name as my User Name among this hoard of demonic atheists and would I have shared with you my years of blog posts via rickeyholtsclaw.com? 

Do you think before you type? 

Lol. Are you blind? There are several of people around here that are Christians. Many of which have posted in same debates as yours. just_sayin being one of them. Is he not a true Christian? 

So, you don't have anything to hide you claim? That is interesting because almost everyone has something to hide from public. But you claim to have nothing to hide. hmmmm? Kinda reminds me of Jimmy Savile who was very public would claim he had nothing to hide as well. 
    Factfinder

MayCaesar said:
    RickeyHoltsclaw said:

@MayCaesar ;  My "arguments" don't resonate with you because you belong to Satan...you cannot understand the Truth...your conscience has been seared...your discernment controlled...your future nihilistic...your existence, wasteful.
    No, they are objectively garbage. Let us ask our best friend ChatGPT:

The reply provided by your opponent does not directly address your question regarding the alleged correlation between atheism and homosexuality, nor does it engage with the concern over sweeping generalizations. Instead, it shifts the discussion toward the moral and spiritual dichotomies between believers and non-believers, framing the debate in terms of allegiance to divine or malevolent forces. Here are some critical aspects to consider when evaluating this response:

1. Logical Fallacies

• Ad Hominem: The response seems to attack the character or motives of the non-believer (you, in this case) rather than addressing the question or the argument. Suggesting that one's future is nihilistic or that they serve "the god of death and Hell" because of their beliefs (or lack thereof) does not contribute to a logical argument but rather diverts from the issue at hand.
    • False Dichotomy: The argument presents the issue as a binary choice between serving the Christian God and serving Satan, ignoring a wide spectrum of beliefs and moral frameworks that exist outside of these two extremes.

2. Lack of Empirical Evidence

The claim about the alignment of atheism with specific behaviors or identities lacks empirical evidence. Studies on religious belief, sexual orientation, and moral behavior show a complex interplay of factors, with no direct causal relationship between atheism and any particular sexual orientation.

3. Moral and Ethical Assertions

While the response is rich in moral and ethical assertions from a Christian perspective, these assertions do not constitute evidence in a logical argument. Moral and ethical beliefs are subjective and vary widely across different cultures and religious backgrounds.

4. Sweeping Generalizations

The original question about generalizing atheists as homosexuals (or implying a significant overlap without evidence) remains unaddressed. Making broad generalizations about any group without substantial, representative data is logically unsound and can contribute to stereotypes and misunderstandings.

Conclusion

As a logical argument, the response is problematic. It does not engage with the original question about generalizations but instead uses ad hominem attacks and presents a false dichotomy between good and evil as defined by one specific religious belief system. Such an approach does not foster constructive debate or understanding but rather deepens divides. In a rational debate, arguments should ideally focus on addressing the specific points raised, providing evidence where claims are made, and avoiding personal attacks or moral judgments that cannot be universally applied.

@Factfinder

Would you say now that as apostate you are more of a Deist?
    @ZeusAres42 

At this point I'd say no. When I first 'fell' from grace I did entertain the thought for a brief time but then dismissed it. Though it's possible new discoveries can give rise to such thoughts. Right now there just doesn't appear to be anything evidential to believe something would intentionally create and watch it with total indifference anymore so then a creator who's active. The only thing I can conceive of is as astronomical as the odds were, and given the nature of things as we are able to understand to date, energy producing matter was just inedible to produce life eventually. I think the bare roots of the issue is there obviously is an energized force that eventually produced life as we know. The easy answer is 'god did it' but the hard answer in reality may never be known. 
    ZeusAres42

Lol. Are you blind? There are several of people around here that are Christians. Many of which have posted in same debates as yours. just_sayin being one of them. Is he not a true Christian? 

So, you don't have anything to hide you claim? That is interesting because almost everyone has something to hide from public. But you claim to have nothing to hide. hmmmm? Kinda reminds me of Jimmy Savile who was very public would claim he had nothing to hide as well. 

1) What evidence is there that @just_sayin is a Christian....how do you know and does "just" know what a Christian is?

2) My life is an open book...my service in the Marine Corps and my service to the PD...are an open book...I'm have nothing to hide...as you say "almost everyone has something to hide from the public." If so, ask me, I'll answer your truthfully.

3) Sounds as though you have something to "hide." What is it...I'll listen.

MayCaesar said:
    MayCaesar said:
    RickeyHoltsclaw said:

The reply provided by your opponent does not directly address your question regarding the alleged correlation between atheism and homosexuality, nor does it engage with the concern over sweeping generalizations. Instead, it shifts the discussion toward the moral and spiritual dichotomies between believers and non-believers, framing the debate in terms of allegiance to divine or malevolent forces. Here are some critical aspects to consider when evaluating this response:

1. Logical Fallacies

• Ad Hominem: The response seems to attack the character or motives of the non-believer (you, in this case) rather than addressing the question or the argument. Suggesting that one's future is nihilistic or that they serve "the god of death and Hell" because of their beliefs (or lack thereof) does not contribute to a logical argument but rather diverts from the issue at hand.
    • False Dichotomy: The argument presents the issue as a binary choice between serving the Christian God and serving Satan, ignoring a wide spectrum of beliefs and moral frameworks that exist outside of these two extremes.

The claim about the alignment of atheism with specific behaviors or identities lacks empirical evidence. Studies on religious belief, sexual orientation, and moral behavior show a complex interplay of factors, with no direct causal relationship between atheism and any particular sexual orientation.

While the response is rich in moral and ethical assertions from a Christian perspective, these assertions do not constitute evidence in a logical argument. Moral and ethical beliefs are subjective and vary widely across different cultures and religious backgrounds.

The original question about generalizing atheists as homosexuals (or implying a significant overlap without evidence) remains unaddressed. Making broad generalizations about any group without substantial, representative data is logically unsound and can contribute to stereotypes and misunderstandings.

Conclusion

As a logical argument, the response is problematic. It does not engage with the original question about generalizations but instead uses ad hominem attacks and presents a false dichotomy between good and evil as defined by one specific religious belief system. Such an approach does not foster constructive debate or understanding but rather deepens divides. In a rational debate, arguments should ideally focus on addressing the specific points raised, providing evidence where claims are made, and avoiding personal attacks or moral judgments that cannot be universally applied.

@MayCaesar ;  Why do you need a computer to answer for you? Are you that shallow?
  • John_C_87John_C_87 Emerald Premium Member 867 Pts   -   edited February 18
    @just_sayin

"That was crazy even for you John.  Christ did not make anyone ungodly.  For we are each responsible for our own conduct.  Maybe you took a little to much medicine there.  Get well my friend."
    I understand it to be maybe foolish not crazy.  

JohnXIV: VI

Jesus said to him, “I am the [only] Way [to God] and the [real] Truth and the [real] Life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

No, I brought the AI (not "computer") in for impartiality. Besides, let us not be hypocritical, shall we? You rely on the Ghouly Libel to think for you, no? ;)
    MayCaesar said:
    MayCaesar said:
    RickeyHoltsclaw said:

1. Logical Fallacies

Conclusion

@MayCaesar ;  Why do you need a computer to answer for you? Are you that shallow?
    Why do you need a fairy god elf book to answer for you? Are you that shallow?
    MayCaesar
    @Factfinder ; @MayCaesar ; The Bible is Truth...it is Life...it has birthed Nations and people who love, honor, cherish, dedicate themselves to sustainable mores, norms, and values that bring life and peace and charity and good to their community and their Nation. I love my Lord's words...they are life. Jesus died for my that I could live with Him, forever...I don't see Jesus as a "fairy god elf" but as my Creator, Warrior, Messiah, Judge.

MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

No, I brought the AI (not "computer") in for impartiality. Besides, let us not be hypocritical, shall we? You rely on the Ghouly Libel to think for you, no? ;)

@MayCaesar ; @Factfinder ... only the weak and ignorant need a computer to write and think for them... It is not hypocrisy to love our Creator, to adore Jesus who died for me that I could live with Him forever...this is wisdom...you're dying in sin and dying in Hell...that is your choice...if you require the use a computer to speak for you, to form your thoughts and rebuttal, you are weak and impotent and spiritually ignorant...that's on you.

MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

@MayCaesar ; @Factfinder ... only the weak and ignorant need a computer to write and think for them... It is not hypocrisy to love our Creator, to adore Jesus who died for me that I could live with Him forever...this is wisdom...you're dying in sin and dying in Hell...that is your choice...if you require the use a computer to speak for you, to form your thoughts and rebuttal, you are weak and impotent and spiritually ignorant...that's on you.

Yet here you are spewing your own brand of ignorance on non other then a computer. The source of your ignorance and that what does your talking? The unholy babble fairy elf god book. Leaves you here babbling over your own drool as @ZeusAres42 ;exposes your imposter cop days. 
    MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Yet here you are spewing your own brand of ignorance on non other then a computer. The source of your ignorance and that what does your talking? The unholy babble fairy elf god book. Leaves you here babbling over your own drool as @ZeusAres42 ;exposes your imposter cop days. 

@Factfinder ;  I spew nothing but the Truth about the evil of atheism and those who espouse its unfathomable stupidity. There is nothing "ignorant" about the Holy Spirit who controls your next breath. The Scriptures offer you the words of life that you will find nowhere else on this Earth or in the Heavens. Join @ZeusAres42 as he endeavors to discover anything of use poring over my writings to find tidbits of juicy propaganda...the ways of the wicked atheist...who can know them?

MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

I think that if Jesus had known who he was dying for, he would have been very-very sad...
    Factfinder
    MayCaesar said:
    MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

I think that if Jesus had known who he was dying for, he would have been very-very sad...

@MayCaesar ;  Jesus is Elohim, He is omniscient...He knew He was dying for you to provide you blood atonement for your sin and offer you the New Covenant promise of forgiveness and eternal life actuated by faith in Him as your Messiah (John 3). 

Are you a chatbot, or just a moron?
    Factfinder
    MayCaesar said:

@MayCaesar ;  I will agree that it is questionable as to why I take the time to engage the spiritually dead and arrogant atheist...I understand...perhaps my efforts are contrary to my Lord's will?

MayCaesar said:

@MayCaesar ;  I will agree that it is questionable as to why I take the time to engage the spiritually dead and arrogant atheist...I understand...perhaps my efforts are contrary to my Lord's will?

Okay so, bye.
    GiantMan
    RickeyHoltsclaw said:

"Efforts"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4
    @MayCaesar ; NO thanks...why not my video I published today instead...???
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

You realize you're atheist, right? So all the atheist crap you heap, you heap it onto yourself. You don't believe in hindu gods or you would be a hypocrite, that makes you atheist to their gods. You see where your perversion of reality has misled you?
    GiantMan
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

You realize you're atheist, right? So all the atheist crap you heap, you heap it onto yourself. You don't believe in hindu gods or you would be a hypocrite, that makes you atheist to their gods. You see where your perversion of reality has misled you?

@Factfinder ;  There are no other "God's" but Elohim. Only He gives life and gave Himself so that the life I live will glorify Him...I trust Him.

@RickeyHoltsclaw

@Factfinder ;  There are no other "God's" but Elohim. Only He gives life and gave Himself so that the life I live will glorify Him...I trust Him.

I understand brother. As long as you've picked the correct myth... I'll be here when you land in reality.
    RickeyHoltsclaw
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

I understand brother. As long as you've picked the correct myth... I'll be here when you land in reality.

@Factfinder ;  I've been out in the World...IT'S NOT FOR ME...but thank you for listening and putting up with me...I do hope my Lord continues to call and maybe, one day, you'll respond in the affirmative. God Bless!

@RickeyHoltsclaw

@Factfinder ;  I've been out in the World...IT'S NOT FOR ME...but thank you for listening and putting up with me...I do hope my Lord continues to call and maybe, one day, you'll respond in the affirmative. God Bless!

What do you mean by  "I've been out in the World...IT'S NOT FOR ME."?
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6101 Pts   -   edited February 19
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

You are atheist with respect to up to 300,000,000 gods known to human history - and you are even atheist with respect to thousands of versions of the Christian god. So many hells are waiting for you, my little friend...

I just realized, guys, that I should not have posted this. This might seriously traumatize him. :(
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 169 Pts   -   edited February 19
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

What do you mean by  "I've been out in the World...IT'S NOT FOR ME."?

@Factfinder ;  As an infantry Marine - as a young law enforcement officer...I dabbled in the World, its "pleasures" and pursued the desires of my heart..everything I thought would be fulfilling and rewarding and satisfying...but I discovered the phenomena of "diminishing returns"...it became apparent to me that the more I indulged my base desires, my base nature, the acquisition of thing were only satiated temporarily...but I was subsequently required to give a little more of myself in defilement, compromise, in order to find the same pleasure I had originally experienced... my conscience was burdened...there was a struggle between self-respect and fleshly pleasure...it was a literal war. 

It was then I understood the root of addiction...and I don't mean addiction to drugs and alcohol...but human nature is susceptible to "diminishing returns" in a sundry of scenarios ranging from the acquisition of stuff to an addiction to sex, societal recognition and admiration, vulgarity, emotional defilement, emotional bondage and enslavement...I watched these things as I was called to intercede in family disturbances; murders; rapes, mental and spiritual illnesses...I watched the fruition of things I was dabbling in because I thought they were cool...they made me feel attractive and desired...machismo...it was not until my mid-20's with the anticipation of my first born that I realized the path I was on was destructive...it had no future...it would wreck my marriage and destroy my children. 

Several years subsequent marriage, my Wife and I along with our toddler son, took the Amtrak from Houston to a suburb of Chicago, IL...it was there that I stayed with my Wife's family, they were Messianic Jews...and I met with a 90+ year old Messianic Priest from Romania and his entourage. We sat at the table for an extended period of time...the Priest asked me about my faith...I was somewhat schooled by what I had heard growing up...I knew Jesus was the correct answer....but I could not satisfactorily respond to his theological questions...my pride was hurt...I decided I would never be put in a position like that again.

Out of pride, I visited a local bookstore and purchased a paraphrased copy of the Bible called "The Living Bible" and returned to the small apartment, sat on the couch and began reading the New Testament...somewhere around John or Acts or Romans...I saw the "Light"...I looked up and asked..."Where has this been all my life?" That was over 30-years ago. That was the genesis of a most in-depth theological pursuit...in various Bibles, Hebrew-Greek dictionary research...my life was never same subsequent to acknowledging Jesus as Messiah...now...I see the World from a wholly different perspective...I see and understand the futility of the life I once thought was "cool." I am so thankful that my Heavenly Father had mercy on me, patience with me...I am so thankful to Jesus and I am so thankful to the Holy Spirit. They have NEVER failed me. Yes, I have the scars...the pains...the regrets...but my Lord loves me...forgave me...restored me...I am forever thankful for the life within me that sees, hears, understands, with peace and thankfulness beyond human comprehension (Romans 5:1).