frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Atheism does not exist in reality; why is the deception promulgated among the aberrant?

124»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 169 Pts   -  
    MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

You are atheist with respect to up to 300,000,000 gods known to human history - and you are even atheist with respect to thousands of versions of the Christian god. So many hells are waiting for you, my little friend...

I just realized, guys, that I should not have posted this. This might seriously traumatize him. :(

@MayCaesar ;  Atheism is the absence of belief in any god or creator or divine creative being. I believe Jesus is Elohim (Genesis 1:1) my Creator, Warrior, Messiah, Judge. Goodnight...time for bed. TTYL.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6101 Pts   -  
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

No, "atheism" is lack of belief in god. You lack belief in up to 300,000,000 gods, and you lack belief in 99.9% versions of the Christian god. If all those gods have created Hells... Then you are royally screwed, buddy.

Have you read about the Spider Queen, Lolth, and what she does to those who fail her? Oh, boy!
    Factfinderjust_sayin
  • @RickeyHoltsclaw

Doesn't matter RickeyHoltsclaw Jesus is still breaking commandment and taking in vain the name of GOD.

GiantMan
  • FactfinderFactfinder 874 Pts   -  
    John_C_87 said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Doesn't matter RickeyHoltsclaw Jesus is still breaking commandment and taking in vain the name of GOD.

Tell me about it, In the garden of Gethsemane jesus basically says why god why, when all you have to do is think it right. 
    GiantMan
    John_C_87 said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Tell me about it, In the garden of Gethsemane jesus basically says why god why, when all you have to do is think it right. 

Good question. When interpreting Jesus' words throughout His Earthly ministry, it's very important to differentiate between Jesus speaking from His hypostasis and Jesus' words from His deity exclusively (Philippians 2:5-11). Jesus' primary reason for entering the Realm of Time was "to destroy the works of the Devil" (1 John 3:8b) as per Genesis 3:15 and the battle strategy He was foreordained to employ is the Gospel of Grace, a Gospel that was ordained "before Time began" (2 Timothy 1:8-10) a battle strategy that Elohim demonstrated for us in Genesis 3:21, immediately subsequent the fall of humanity.

Jesus modeled for us in His humanity proper protocol concerning relationship with the Father, one of trust and obedience. Jesus honored a delineation of authority in the Godhead and Jesus modeled obedience to the Father in all things even though Jesus possessed a separate will (Luke 22:42), a separate will primarily influenced via the hypostatic union, a will of the flesh (Philippians 2:5-11). The unfathomable role that Jesus was to fulfill as the "Spotless Lamb of Elohim" (John 1:29; 1 Peter 1:18-19; Matthew 26:26-29) "who takes away the sins of the World" was not only physiologically devastating as He would be scourged beyond recognition by the Roman authorities and almost bleed to death via trauma as prophesied in Isaiah 53 and Psalm 22, but Jesus would receive spikes through His hands, a spike through His feet, hung on a tree until He suffocated to death while struggling to push Himself upwards against the gravity working on collapsing his lung cavity; this physiological suffering which was only surpassed by the spiritual separation from the Father, something Jesus had never experienced in eternal relationship with the Father; this, as your sin and my sin was placed upon Him...sin that Jesus had never experienced; therefore, in His humanity Jesus asked the Father if there was any alternative to what was foreordained for Him to suffer...Jesus literally sweat drops of blood in His anxiety (Luke 22:44 - Hematohidrosis) yet Jesus honored the Father's will and complied with the eschatological mandates of the Cross in order to destroy the works of the Devil i.e., death-Hell-the grave; this, for all who would believe that Jesus is the Messiah who died for them (John 3). 

Jesus' death, burial and resurrection are eschatological imperatives concerning the restoration of peace, holiness, order, to the Kingdom ravaged by a coup d'état initiated by a rebellious cherub and the spiritual war that ensued having been relegated to this Earth, a spiritual war partially constrained by Time and physics that was foreordained to be won by the Messiah as per Genesis 3:15 and all that has transpired over the previous 6000-years of unfathomable horror within the Realm of Time will ultimately be a bulwark against future rebellion in the Kingdom where free will remains extant by necessity. 

You and I are active participants in this spiritual war that rages on around us and through us 24/7/365 and we are relegated to two-choices concerning our loyalty and servitude in our Earthly lives constrained by physics...do we honor Jesus as He endeavors to right the wrong committed in the Kingdom before our creation or do we ally with the nemesis of Jesus? Our eternal destiny is wholly contingent upon whom we choose to ally with. 

MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

No, "atheism" is lack of belief in god. You lack belief in up to 300,000,000 gods, and you lack belief in 99.9% versions of the Christian god. If all those gods have created Hells... Then you are royally screwed, buddy.

Have you read about the Spider Queen, Lolth, and what she does to those who fail her? Oh, boy!

@MayCaesar ; @Factfinder ; What is eternally relevant is not that I reject 300,000,000 "gods" but that I believe in the One True God, Elohim Genesis 1:1. My relationship or absence thereof concerning "gods" "elohims" created by mankind is of no eternal account...but eternal relevance is found ONLY in Elohim, the Creator of the Heavens, the Earth, my genome...this, through faith in Jesus who IS Elohim having manifest in the flesh for my redemption and my victory over the Evil One through the Holy Spirit and the work of Jesus at Golgotha....NOTHING else, no one else, is truly relevant.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6101 Pts   -   edited February 19
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Followers of each of the other 300,000,000 gods  and other 999 versions of your god also believed that they were following the "true god", and made better arguments in favor of it than you do. The probability of you getting it wrong is approximately 99.9999999997% if one of these gods is the true god, and 100% if the true god has not been discovered by humanity yet.

Are you okay with these odds? Do you want to bet $100,000 against me with these odds, Rickey?
    just_sayin
    MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Followers of each of the other 300,000,000 gods  and other 999 versions of your god also believed that they were following the "true god", and made better arguments in favor of it than you do. The probability of you getting it wrong is approximately 99.9999999997% if one of these gods is the true god, and 100% if the true god has not been discovered by humanity yet.

Are you okay with these odds? Do you want to bet $100,000 against me with these odds, Rickey?

@MayCaesar ;  Absolutely...I trust fully in Elohim (Genesis 1:1) and the Scriptures as Authored by the Holy Spirit...I bet my life and my eternity on same. Thank you for your sincere concern.

@RickeyHoltsclaw

I see... So you are not really serious about your beliefs, you are just an actor playing a role on this and other websites. Good to know!
    MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

I see... So you are not really serious about your beliefs, you are just an actor playing a role on this and other websites. Good to know!

@MayCaesar ; I think you're grasping as my sincerity is confirmed by my faith in Elohim...this torments the demon who controls your life and you obfuscate as you have no other options to appease a conscience that is progressively seared and sold-out to Satan and Hell. Jesus stands ready to accept you in the Kingdom of Elohim by faith in Him as your Messiah and this frightens your demon...you obfuscate by necessity.
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

In writing, there is the paradigm of "Do not tell: show". Do not say, "this Character has social anxiety": show a situation in which it manifests, and the reader will figure it out.

Same here. Saying, "I am sincere", is meaningless. Your behavior shows that you are extremely insincere, and you are not doing anything to warrant giving you the benefit of doubt. Talk is cheap; your behavior speaks for itself.
    Factfinderjust_sayin
  • FactfinderFactfinder 874 Pts   -  
    MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

In writing, there is the paradigm of "Do not tell: show". Do not say, "this Character has social anxiety": show a situation in which it manifests, and the reader will figure it out.

Same here. Saying, "I am sincere", is meaningless. Your behavior shows that you are extremely insincere, and you are not doing anything to warrant giving you the benefit of doubt. Talk is cheap; your behavior speaks for itself.
    He's always claiming his rhetoric upsets our demons yet he's the one who is agitated and acts like Legion resides within him.
    MayCaesarGiantMan
    MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

He's always claiming his rhetoric upsets our demons yet he's the one who is agitated and acts like Legion resides within him.

@Factfinder ; @MayCaesar ; @ZeusAres42 ; If I appear to be irritated, it's at your demon and the root of destruction that is his spiritual attribute...I've seen his work in real time, it is unconscionable. You are but a willing vessel, your culpability will be expressed and dealt with at Judgment (Revelation 20:11-15).

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 169 Pts   -   edited February 19
    MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

@MayCaesar ; @Factfinder ; @ZeusAres42 ; You don't seem to understand your irrelevancy in this entire scenario...you are but a vessel for evil, your demon is the one I converse with, not you...you are not yourself, you belong to my enemy both in the Spiritual Realm and in the realm of Time. Your respect and accusations of insincerity are of no account...in your compromised state, you're one of "many." 

You have destined yourself to an eternity of nihilism...you have made yourself of no account concerning that which is truly eternal and relevant but my fight is with the demon who controls your thoughts and your attitude...he and his are most vile, he is detestable, and will make himself known in increasing fashion as you progress in age and you decay and atrophy and your thoughts and conscience become increasingly irrelevant as they are his property. You have chosen and relegated yourself to the "many"...don't think to highly of your opinions and attitude...you exist because evil exists within you. 

@RickeyHoltsclaw

You are probably confusing the bottom of that empty whiskey bottle with a demon.
    John_C_87GiantManZeusAres42
  • @MayCaesar

It could be said some people simply watch to much anime.

Good question. When interpreting Jesus' words throughout His Earthly ministry, it's very important to differentiate between Jesus speaking from His hypostasis and Jesus' words from His deity exclusively. Jesus' primary reason for entering the Realm of Time was "to destroy the works of the Devil" (1 John 3:8b) as per Genesis 3:15 and the battle strategy He was foreordained to employ is the Gospel of Grace, a Gospel that was ordained "before Time began" (2 Timothy 1:8-10) a battle strategy that Elohim demonstrated for us in Genesis 3:21, immediately subsequent the fall of humanity.

Has RicheyHoltsclaw ever been to the University of Hawaii?
    Has he seen the secrete vaultss under the Vadican?
    There are also some interesting stone and wood carvings held in China and parts of Asia that are almost impossible to get appointments to see. Due to how frail the writings are the translation some people are directed to follow have too many contradictions.?

GiantMan
  • 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 184 Pts   -   edited February 19
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

RICKEY, THE NUMBER ONE BIBLE FOOL OF THIS RELIGION FORUM, BAR NONE!

In front of the membership, when are you going to address your outright Bible STUPIDITY in my link shown below, where you didn't know your arse from a wild grape relative to the "Forgiveness Doctrine?"  Then you want to call yourself a Christian? NOT!!!!

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/175261/#Comment_175261

WAITING!

@RickeyHoltsclaw

In front of the membership, when are you going to address your outright Bible STUPIDITY in my link shown below, where you didn't know your arse from a wild grape relative to the "Forgiveness Doctrine?"  Then you want to call yourself a Christian? NOT!!!!

WAITING!

@21CenturyIconoclast ;  Would you be so kind as to succinctly state your contention concerning a "Forgiveness Doctrine" so that I understand your position on that doctrine and your contention with whatever it is I have said...please?
    John_C_87 said:
    @MayCaesar

It could be said some people simply watch to much anime.

Good question. When interpreting Jesus' words throughout His Earthly ministry, it's very important to differentiate between Jesus speaking from His hypostasis and Jesus' words from His deity exclusively. Jesus' primary reason for entering the Realm of Time was "to destroy the works of the Devil" (1 John 3:8b) as per Genesis 3:15 and the battle strategy He was foreordained to employ is the Gospel of Grace, a Gospel that was ordained "before Time began" (2 Timothy 1:8-10) a battle strategy that Elohim demonstrated for us in Genesis 3:21, immediately subsequent the fall of humanity.

There are also some interesting stone and wood carvings held in China and parts of Asia that are almost impossible to get appointments to see. Due to how frail the writings are the translation some people are directed to follow have too many contradictions.?

@John_C_87 ; Do you have a legitimate theological question or just obfuscation?
    GiantMan
  • @RickeyHoltsclaw

The above are all legitimate theological questions. You do know about the dead sea scrolls? 

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 169 Pts   -   edited February 20
    John_C_87 said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

The above are all legitimate theological questions. You do know about the dead sea scrolls? 

@John_C_87 ; I've been to Hawaii but I've never seen anything there related to the University.

Yes, I've personally visited Qumran...I've met with archeologists near Capernaum...the Dead Sea Scrolls are very relevant as they verify the accuracy of our manuscripts. 
  • @RickeyHoltsclaw

@John_C_87 ; I've been to Hawaii but I've never seen anything there related to the University.
    I had heard at one time the University was holding some interesting work on the Sanskrit language. 

Yes, I've personally visited Qumran...I've met with archeologists near Capernaum...the Dead Sea Scrolls are very relevant as they verify the accuracy of our manuscripts.
    That is odd for I used interpretations created by translations of the Dead Sea scrolls as a source to raise question on interpretations through language and how it can influence how things are redocumented. The scrolls are infamous for debate they have created in interpretation of language.

By we, I take it you mean Greek and the Hebrew cultures? As my understanding is most of the scrolls had been written in dateable versions of each of those two languages. Do you mean interpretations of the scrolls verify the accuracy of other manuscripts. There are many languages spoken and no longer spoken which outdate the scrolls in the world. There are even words in some languages which can only be spoken for there are no written forms for those words or translations of those words.

• @RickeyHoltsclaw

YOUR QUOTE IN NOT UNDERSTANDING YOUR POSITION TO BEGIN WITH RELATIVE TO THE FORGIVENESS DOCTRINE!!!:  "Would you be so kind as to succinctly state your contention concerning a "Forgiveness Doctrine" so that I understand your position on that doctrine and your contention with whatever it is I have said...please?" https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/175414/#Comment_175414

YOU state in your post this passage inspired by the serial killer Jesus: "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)

My post to you where your statement shown above IS WHOLEHEARTEDLY NOT TRUE, where there're other passages that CONTRADICT the one above, BUT, you didn't include those passages, by either you didn't know about them because of your BIBLE STUPIDITY, or you were too embarrassed to include them in contradiction!

MY POST/LINK IN QUESTION FOR YOU REGARDING THE FACTS SHOWN ABOVE: https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/175261/#Comment_175261

DO NOT BE RUNNING AWAY FROM THE POST ABOVE LIKE THE BIBLE FOOL "FACTFINDER" HAS TO DO TO SAVE FACE, UNDERSTOOD?
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 999 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Congratulations!!!

@Factfinder
    21CenturyIconoclast 

DO NOT BE RUNNING AWAY FROM THE POST ABOVE LIKE THE BIBLE FOOL "FACTFINDER" HAS TO DO TO SAVE FACE, UNDERSTOOD?

What did you do to be lumped with the persecuted?  LOL.
    Factfinder
  • FactfinderFactfinder 874 Pts   -   edited February 20
    @Factfinder
    21CenturyIconoclast 

What did you do to be lumped with the persecuted?  LOL.
    I questioned his nonsense. He thinks biblically only Hebrews can be christians,  everyone else has no choice, hell bound.
    just_sayin
    John_C_87 said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

I had heard at one time the University was holding some interesting work on the Sanskrit language. 

That is odd for I used interpretations created by translations of the Dead Sea scrolls as a source to raise question on interpretations through language and how it can influence how things are redocumented. The scrolls are infamous for debate they have created in interpretation of language.

By we, I take it you mean Greek and the Hebrew cultures? As my understanding is most of the scrolls had been written in dateable versions of each of those two languages. Do you mean interpretations of the scrolls verify the accuracy of other manuscripts. There are many languages spoken and no longer spoken which outdate the scrolls in the world. There are even words in some languages which can only be spoken for there are no written forms for those words or translations of those words.

@John_C_87 ; I appreciate your interest in the findings at Qumran ... in response to your inquiry, I am attaching an article that I believe addresses your concerns...thanks...

Excerpt: One of the most respected Old Testament scholars, the late Gleason Archer, examined the two Isaiah scrolls found in Cave 1 and wrote, “Even though the two copies of Isaiah discovered in Qumran Cave 1 near the Dead Sea in 1947 were a thousand years earlier than the oldest dated manuscript previously known (A.D. 980), they proved to be word for word identical with our standard Hebrew Bible in more than 95 percent of the text. The five percent of variation consisted chiefly of obvious slips of the pen and variations in spelling.”{7}

• @RickeyHoltsclaw

RICKEY, did you go to FACTFINDER'S SCHOOL of; "How to RUN AWAY from a disturbing post to you that you cannot address and remain intelligent looking in the aftermath," like this one forthwith: https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/175451/#Comment_175451

SCARED?  Your BIBLE STUPIDITY is equal to your cohort FACTFINDER where the both of you are so BIBLE INEPT that we can't contain ourselves in outright laughter towards you two!  ROFLOL!!!

THIS IS A DISCUSSION FORUM, NOT A "RUNAWAY" FROM DISCUSSION FORUM, GET IT RICKEY THE BIBLE FOOL?

WAITING FOR YOU TO ADDRESS SAID LINK/POST ABOVE!  
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsq0FiXjGHg

Factfinder
  • FactfinderFactfinder 874 Pts   -   edited February 21

@21CenturyIconoclast ;  You continue to obfuscate and fail to post anything worthy a rebuttal...or debate...why are you fearful of articulating your position concerning Christianity and your objections to my theological perspective? What are you afraid of? I don't respond to "links"....I want to respond to YOU...can you put forth something remotely relevant?

• @RickeyHoltsclaw

YOUR PATHETIC LITTLE PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN RESPONSE TO NOT ADDRESS A POST OF MINE: "You continue to obfuscate and fail to post anything worthy a rebuttal...or debate...why are you fearful of articulating your position concerning Christianity and your objections to my theological perspective?"

At your embarrassing expense ONCE AGAIN, you RUN AWAY from the post listed below, and went into HIDING because you CANNOT address your outright Bible DUMBNESS!!!  LOL!

MEMBERSHIP, LOOK AT "RICKEYHOLTSCLAW" RUN AWAY FROM THE BIBLE BECAUSE HE IS TOO EMBARRASSED TO ADDRESS THE POST ABOVE WHERE HE DID NOT GIVE THE MEMBERSHIP THE ENTIRE POSITION OF THE "FORGIVENESS DOCTRINE"!!!!!!!

@21CenturyIconoclast ; Please be so kind as to state your rebuttal or premise in a concise and logical format so that I can understand your positioning and provide you a response. Thank you.
  • 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 184 Pts   -   edited February 24
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

RICKEY'S BEREFT STATEMENT EXCUSE TO NOT ADDRESS A SIMPLE POST THAT I MADE TO HIM FOR THE 5TH TIME IN ANSWERING WHY HE LEFT OUT THE OVERALL TRUTH ABOUT THE FORGIVENESS DOCTRINE AS I HAVE SHOWN IN SAID LINK BELOW!!!:
     "Please be so kind as to state your rebuttal or premise in a concise and logical format so that I can understand your positioning and provide you a response. Thank you."

The post to him in question is herewith: https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/175261/#Comment_175261

As the membership can readily see, THE BIBLE DUMBFOUNDED RICKEY, obviously cannot find his Satanic Christian Apologetic Books to at least "try" and address the post above in the link provided to him!  ROFLOL!!!!!

Let's see what the BIBLE FOOL RICKEY will use in his NEXT WANTING EXCUSE to run away AGAIN from biblical axioms that I present to him!

IS THERE ANOTHER PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN THAT CAN HELP OUT "RICKEYHOLTSCLAW" IN AT LEAST "TRYING" TO ADDRESS A SIMPLE POST THAT I MADE TO HIM TO SAVE HIM FROM FURTHER EMBARRASSMENT, IN THE LINK ABOVE?  ANYONE?  PLEASE HELP HIM!!!! 

@21CenturyIconoclast ;  Still waiting for a logical, comprehend-able, succinct, direct, premise so that I can respond.