frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is Jesus the only Way to be saved?

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• @RickeyD ;

You are a poor Christian but let's see what kind of man you are. 

If you, as a father, decided that a blood sacrifice was required, would you send your son or would you step up yourself?

Regards
    DL 
  • @RickeyD ;

If you, as a father, decided that a blood sacrifice was required, would you send your son or would you step up yourself?

Regards
    DL 
  • @RickeyD ;

Regards
    DL 
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  

1) You ARE FREE to make your own moral decisions if they conform to the rule of law as per man's laws. Concerning God's moral law; God gives you the freedom to do as you please but warns that you will be held accountable for your actions/decisions.

2) Punishment for sin comes upon those who refuse to repent and trust in Jesus Christ as Lord who paid the ultimate price for our sin and provides us HIS righteousness if we will trust in Him as our Lord and Savior. Punishment for sin was placed upon Jesus Christ as the Mediator for sin. When one trusts in Jesus as Lord, they receive the perfect righteousness of Jesus imputed over their lives.

21 "For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."  2 Corinthians 5:21 (NKJV)

3) Your mocking of Jesus' suffering and separation from the Father on your behalf is blasphemy.

4) God does not choose Hell for you; in fact, Hell was not created for mankind but for Lucifer and the fallen angles (Matthew 25:41). Mankind will enter Hell by first climbing directly over the cross of Jesus Christ (John 3:16). God the Father, at great price, has provided you a Way of escape from Hell if you will humble yourself, repent of your sin and sincerely believe in your heart, confess with your mouth that Jesus is God who died to pay your sin-debt and that He was resurrected for your justification leading to Eternal life (Romans 10:9-10).

• RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @GnosticChristian ; No, I do not possess the love of God the Father as I am a sinful man saved-redeemed by God's grace given in Jesus Christ as Lord and as the propitiation for my sin . If it came to saving you or my son, I would allow you to die in Hell and save my son. God the Father loved you sufficiently to send the Son to die in your place and the Son, in obedience to the Father, agreed. You are rejecting the greatest Gift every provided sinful mankind and you will reap what you sow at the Judgment of the Condemned for having rejected Jesus and His suffering for the forgiveness of sin.

• YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    RickeyD said:
    @GnosticChristian ; No, I do not possess the love of God the Father as I am a sinful man saved-redeemed by God's grace given in Jesus Christ as Lord and as the propitiation for my sin . If it came to saving you or my son, I would allow you to die in Hell and save my son. God the Father loved you sufficiently to send the Son to die in your place and the Son, in obedience to the Father, agreed. You are rejecting the greatest Gift every provided sinful mankind and you will reap what you sow at the Judgment of the Condemned for having rejected Jesus and His suffering for the forgiveness of sin.

Don't feel bad, they lied about me, as well.
    @YeshuaBought ; Why allow Satan's servants to make you feel bad...it's just what they do.
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; Why allow Satan's servants to make you feel bad...it's just what they do.
    Right? i agree.
    RickeyD
  • RickeyD said:
    So much for your god's unconditional love, and I note that you did not have the balls to condemn Yahweh for doing what you would never do as your morals are better than the genocidal one you lie about following.

Learn how to read and perhaps you will learn how to respond to the points given and not take off all over the map.

Regards
    DL
    Plaffelvohfen
    RickeyD said:
    So much for your god's unconditional love, and I note that you did not have the balls to condemn Yahweh for doing what you would never do as your morals are better than the genocidal one you lie about following.

Learn how to read and perhaps you will learn how to respond to the points given and not take off all over the map.

Regards
    DL
    If you don't accept God, you are not a Christian, but a and a false teacher, and you need to repent.
    @GnosticChristian ; Who said God's love is "unconditional?"  I don't know where heretics and the Devil's advocates find Scriptural support for "unconditional" love in the Bible. Though God is the epitome of love (1 John 4:8), God is also perfect Righteousness, Justice and Holiness and He is obligated to punish sin. God's saving grace is wholly conditioned upon faith in His Son, Jesus Christ as Lord for the mediation of sin; otherwise, you will experience the wrath of God and you will suffer and die in Hell for your stubbornness, rebellion, rejection of Jesus as Messiah.

• RickeyD said:

Regards
    DL
    If you don't accept God, you are not a Christian, but a and a false teacher, and you need to repent.
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=false+preacher+parody&&view=detail&mid=F645D9C2FFB356907DA5F645D9C2FFB356907DA5&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=/videos/search?q=false%20preacher%20parody&qs=n&form=QBVR&sp=-1&pq=false%20preacher%20parody&sc=0-21&sk=&cvid=B56A05AE46594EF4A0D0AF17DAB6EE78

Regards
    DL

• If you don't accept God, you are not a Christian, but a and a false teacher, and you need to repent.
    I will never accept a genocidal and satanic god.

You can have that immoral god. He hates all the people you do.

Regards
    DL

Plaffelvohfen
  • RickeyD said:
    @GnosticChristian ; Who said God's love is "unconditional?"  I don't know where heretics and the Devil's advocates find Scriptural support for "unconditional" love in the Bible. Though God is the epitome of love (1 John 4:8), God is also perfect Righteousness, Justice and Holiness and He is obligated to punish sin.
    Shove you preaching as I am not morally dead like you are.

Gnostic Christianity is a universalist religion that has tied God's righteousness to equality as that is how unconditional love is shown. God began with the whole of creation as his and will end that way.

In terms of souls, scriptures say that Satan ends with the lion's share.
    What % of god's initial 100% of all that was do you think he will lose to Satan?  

You make god a loser and Satan a winner in terms of gaining souls. So much for your all powerful god.

As to Yahweh being just. His first judgement was to ask for a bribe or sacrifice to change his usual justice of punishing the guilty, to punishing the innocent and going against Jewish law.

Would you vote for such a dishonest judge who takes bribes?

Regards
    DL

@GnosticChristian ; God's righteousness has nothing to do with "equality." As far as God is concerned relevant to mankind, all of mankind is sinful, our works - on our best day - is as the stench of a filthy menstrual rag in His nose (Isaiah 64:6). The only equality from God's perspective is that all of mankind deserves punishment in Hell due to our sin and rebellion (Romans 3:10).

God does provide each of us an equal opportunity to find mercy by trusting in Jesus as Lord (1 Timothy 2:4) and God's equality extends to mankind concerning our status as individuals in society (Galatians 3:28), but you serve a false god, one of your own making, one that conforms to your image of what you think God should be...this is nothing new and it's a Gnostic heresy that has existed for thousands-of-years and you will die in your sin for rejecting the righteousness and Lordship of Jesus Christ over your life by grace through faith (John 8:24).  

What is Christian Gnosticism?

Christian Gnosticismaudio
    Question: "What is Christian Gnosticism?"

Answer:
    There is actually no such thing as Christian Gnosticism, because true Christianity and Gnosticism are mutually exclusive systems of belief. The principles of Gnosticism contradict what it means to be a Christian. Therefore, while some forms of Gnosticism may claim to be Christian, they are in fact decidedly non-Christian.

Gnosticism was perhaps the most dangerous heresy that threatened the early church during the first three centuries. Influenced by such philosophers as Plato, Gnosticism is based on two false premises. First, it espouses a dualism regarding spirit and matter. Gnostics assert that matter is inherently evil and spirit is good. As a result of this presupposition, Gnostics believe anything done in the body, even the grossest sin, has no meaning because real life exists in the spirit realm only.

Second, Gnostics claim to possess an elevated knowledge, a “higher truth” known only to a certain few. Gnosticism comes from the Greek word gnosis which means “to know.” Gnostics claim to possess a higher knowledge, not from the Bible, but acquired on some mystical higher plane of existence. Gnostics see themselves as a privileged class elevated above everybody else by their higher, deeper knowledge of God.

To discredit the idea of any compatibility between Christianity and Gnosticism, one has only to compare their teachings on the main doctrines of the faith. On the matter of salvation, Gnosticism teaches that salvation is gained through the acquisition of divine knowledge which frees one from the illusions of darkness. Although they claim to follow Jesus Christ and His original teachings, Gnostics contradict Him at every turn. Jesus said nothing about salvation through knowledge, but by faith in Him as Savior from sin. “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9). Furthermore, the salvation Christ offers is free and available to everyone (John 3:16), not just a select few who have acquired a special revelation.

Christianity asserts that there is one source of Truth and that is the Bible, the inspired, inerrant Word of the living God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice (John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; Hebrews 4:12). It is God’s written revelation to mankind and is never superseded by man’s thoughts, ideas, writings, or visions. The Gnostics, on the other hand, use a variety of early heretical writings known as the Gnostic gospels, a collection of forgeries claiming to be “lost books of the Bible.” Thankfully, the early church fathers were nearly unanimous in recognizing these Gnostic scrolls as fraudulent forgeries that espouse false doctrines about Jesus Christ, salvation, God, and every other crucial Christian truth. There are countless contradictions between the Gnostic “gospels” and the Bible. Even when the so-called Christian Gnostics quote from the Bible, they rewrite verses and parts of verses to harmonize with their philosophy, a practice that is strictly forbidden and warned against by Scripture (Deuteronomy 4:2; 12:32; Proverbs 30:6; Revelation 22:18-19).

The Person of Jesus Christ is another area where Christianity and Gnosticism drastically differ. The Gnostics believe that Jesus’ physical body was not real, but only “seemed” to be physical, and that His spirit descended upon Him at His baptism, but left Him just before His crucifixion. Such views destroy not only the true humanity of Jesus, but also the atonement, for Jesus must not only have been truly God, but also the truly human (and physically real) man who actually suffered and died upon the cross in order to be the acceptable substitutionary sacrifice for sin (Hebrews 2:14-17). The biblical view of Jesus affirms His complete humanity as well as His full deity.

Gnosticism is based on a mystical, intuitive, subjective, inward, emotional approach to truth which is not new at all. It is very old, going back in some form to the Garden of Eden, where Satan questioned God and the words He spoke and convinced Adam and Eve to reject them and accept a lie. He does the same thing today as he “prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour” (1 Peter 5:8). He still calls God and the Bible into question and catches in his web those who are either naïve and scripturally uninformed or who are seeking some personal revelation to make them feel special, unique, and superior to others. Let us follow the Apostle Paul who said to “test everything. Hold on to the good” (1 Thessalonians 5:21), and this we do by comparing everything to the Word of God, the only Truth.

RickeyD said:
    @GnosticChristian ; Who said God's love is "unconditional?"  I don't know where heretics and the Devil's advocates find Scriptural support for "unconditional" love in the Bible. Though God is the epitome of love (1 John 4:8), God is also perfect Righteousness, Justice and Holiness and He is obligated to punish sin.
    Shove you preaching as I am not morally dead like you are.

Gnostic Christianity is a universalist religion that has tied God's righteousness to equality as that is how unconditional love is shown. God began with the whole of creation as his and will end that way.

In terms of souls, scriptures say that Satan ends with the lion's share.
    What % of god's initial 100% of all that was do you think he will lose to Satan?  

You make god a loser and Satan a winner in terms of gaining souls. So much for your all powerful god.

As to Yahweh being just. His first judgement was to ask for a bribe or sacrifice to change his usual justice of punishing the guilty, to punishing the innocent and going against Jewish law.

Would you vote for such a dishonest judge who takes bribes?

Regards
    DL

You are not a Christian, if you reject God and the Bible, but you are a , and a false teacher.
    Dee
  • Thanks guys.

Regards
    DL
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

***** but you are a

Your answer to everyone that disagrees with you or your other childish “ You don’t own facts”  ......try a new one 
    GnosticChristian
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6058 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

I do not think you understand the implications of the argument. Think about it: the God created Hell, the God created a path for humans to Hell, and the God gave them the ability to choose walking that path. Before the God did this, humans could not end up in Hell. This means that the God wanted humans to end up in Hell, otherwise he would not create it and come up with a different solution (since he is omniscient, he would be able to find such a solution).

As such, you have the dilemma of reconciling two facts: God loves humans, and God wants humans to end up in Hell. I am curious to see how you will untangle this.

For the record, many Christians do not actually believe in Hell and consider it to be an abstract concept, not existing in reality. Those Christians do not need to reconcile God's monstrous design with his alleged love for humans. Why don't you look into those versions of Christianity and stop serving an evil fantasy creature?
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited January 2020

1) God does not desire that mankind die in Hell, if He did, Jesus would not have suffered and died to pay your sin-debt.

"The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance."  2 Peter 3:9 (NASB)

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."  John 3:16

2) God loves both His angelic and human creation because God is "LOVE."

"The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love."  1 John 4:8 (NASB)

Though God is perfect love, God is also perfect Holiness-Righteousness and Justice and God cannot lie.

"God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?"  Numbers 23:19 (NASB)

God warned our father, Adam, that to compromise with evil would result in death of the body and spiritual death but our Earthly father opted to experiment with sin and rebellion in narcissism and that decision is passed-down through Adam's seed, for in Adam all die.  This is why Messiah entered Time through the womb of a virgin to avoid the seed of the man which carries and promulgates the sin-nature.

"For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming, 24 then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be abolished is death."  1 Corinthians 15:21-26 (NASB)

God, again, must be true to His word and though Hell was created for Satan and the fallen angels, mankind will enter Hell in accordance with God's promises as He is obligated to punish sin. God gave His all to provide you and provide me a pardon from death in sin and Hell; unfortunately, many will opt to reject God's pardon and die in Hell. This is NOT God's problem...this is an atheist problem.  God will NOT permit the destructiveness of unrepentant sin to enter His Kingdom; therefore, Hell is the repository for every unredeemed, unforgiven, soul, demon, Satan, the Beast and the False Prophet. 

Jesus said...

13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."  Matthew 7:13-14 (NKJV)

"The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father's iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son's iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself."  Ezekiel 18:20 (NASB)

"...and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life."  Revelation 21:27 (NASB)

3) Any person who "claims" to be a Christian and denies Hell calls Jesus a . 

Jesus said...
    "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."  Matthew 10:28 (NASB)

@RickeyD

If the god does not desire that mankind dies in Hell, then why did he create it? You do realise that the mankind would not die in Hell if Hell did not exist, right?

"Perfect love" indeed! I always subject my girlfriends to eternal torture to express my love. And their torture is serious indeed: they get to spend time with me. I would not wish this fate on anyone!
    RickeyD said:

1) God does not desire that mankind die in Hell, if He did, Jesus would not have suffered and died to pay your sin-debt.

"The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance."  2 Peter 3:9 (NASB)

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."  John 3:16

2) God loves both His angelic and human creation because God is "LOVE."

"The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love."  1 John 4:8 (NASB)

Though God is perfect love, God is also perfect Holiness-Righteousness and Justice and God cannot lie.

"God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?"  Numbers 23:19 (NASB)

God warned our father, Adam, that to compromise with evil would result in death of the body and spiritual death but our Earthly father opted to experiment with sin and rebellion in narcissism and that decision is passed-down through Adam's seed, for in Adam all die.  This is why Messiah entered Time through the womb of a virgin to avoid the seed of the man which carries and promulgates the sin-nature.

"For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming, 24 then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be abolished is death."  1 Corinthians 15:21-26 (NASB)

God, again, must be true to His word and though Hell was created for Satan and the fallen angels, mankind will enter Hell in accordance with God's promises as He is obligated to punish sin. God gave His all to provide you and provide me a pardon from death in sin and Hell; unfortunately, many will opt to reject God's pardon and die in Hell. This is NOT God's problem...this is an atheist problem.  God will NOT permit the destructiveness of unrepentant sin to enter His Kingdom; therefore, Hell is the repository for every unredeemed, unforgiven, soul, demon, Satan, the Beast and the False Prophet. 

Jesus said...

13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."  Matthew 7:13-14 (NKJV)

"The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father's iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son's iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself."  Ezekiel 18:20 (NASB)

"...and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life."  Revelation 21:27 (NASB)

3) Any person who "claims" to be a Christian and denies Hell calls Jesus a . 

Jesus said...
    "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."  Matthew 10:28 (NASB)

Jesus is so amzing. I love Him, so much, and I am watching a movie, about Him. :)

1) Hell was created as a repository for Satan, the fallen angles that followed Satan/Lucifer in His attempted coup de taut. Again, Hell was not created for mankind but man will enter Hell by first climbing directly over the Cross of Jesus Christ. Hell will be the place of the "second death" for mankind who rejects the Gift of Jesus Christ as Lord for the mediation of sin...there will be no other place for the unredeemed to exist as God's Kingdom will be shut to those who have died in sin.

2) Only Satan, the fallen angels, the False Prophet and The Beast suffer eternally in Hell. The totality of Scripture indicates that mankind does NOT suffer eternally in Hell but that each person relegated to same for unrepentant sin will suffer commensurate with the deeds done in the body then die a "second death" of finality or a cessation of all existence forever. Those who die in Hell will cease to exist in the "second death" and it will be as if they never existed in Time or Eternity.

@RickeyD

God created Hell not for mankind, yet mankind ends up there? What kind of logic is this? The god is allegedly omnipotent, so he can abolish Hell at any point in time he wants, yet he is not doing it, despite billions people being there.

Your god appears very loving indeed. Love and torture are synonymous, obviously!

1) Mankind ends up in Hell because they disobey, reject, impugn, deny, rebel, against God's edicts and His pardon from death in sin and Hell earned for you by the obedience of Jesus Christ at the Crucifixion (2 Corinthians 5:21). God is True, He is honest, He is Just, He is Holy and your sin will be judged and punished. You can humble yourself and accept Jesus' punishment on the Cross for your sin (John 3:16) or you can deny in unbelief, reject Jesus and pay for you own sin (John 8:24).

Your sin will be punished in one of two-ways...through the propitiation of the righteousness of Jesus Christ over your life by grace (unmerited favor) through faith (trusting-believing) that Jesus is God who died to pay your sin-debt at Golgotha - or - you can pay for your sin yourself. The choice is yours. God created Hell for Lucifer, not you...but if you continue in your unbelief, in your rejection of Jesus Christ as Mediator for your sin, you will pay for your own sin and you will die in Hell because the soul that sins will surely die!

2) God is Love and has given His all so that you can avoid the horrors of Hades-Sheol and Hell but you won't listen, you're arrogant, hateful toward God.

@RickeyD

You are certainly a master of ignoring the point made and running around with the Christian newspeak.

Here are the facts:
    1) God created Hell.
    2) God created Hell in a way that allows mankind to end up there.
    3) Mankind ends up there.

It is a result of god's design that people end up in Hell, and since god designed it all willingly, the only conclusion is that god wants people to end up in Hell.

Why do you have such difficulty understanding the most basic logical connections?
    Plaffelvohfen
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited February 2020

You cannot understand because you don't listen. God did NOT create Hell for you...you are headed to Hell because you reject, you don't believe that Jesus Christ is God who suffered and died for your sin and provided you a pardon from death in sin and Hell (John 8:24).

Hell, created specifically for Lucifer and the fallen angles, will be your respiratory because your sin will be punished because you will NOT accept the punishment of Jesus Christ on the Cross as payment for your sin (John 3:16). God did not make you a sinner...your father made you a sinner as your father transferred the sin-nature from his father.

God had mercy on you in your hopeless condition as you were headed to death in Hell the moment you attained an age of accountability/reason. God does NOT want you to die in Hell for the punishment of your sin and extends His mercy to you through His Son's obedience at Calvary (John 3:16).

GOD DID NOT CREATE HELL FOR YOU...YOU GO TO HELL BECAUSE YOU'RE TOO PROUD, ARROGANT, STUBBORN, REBELLIOUS to honor God's Son by believing that He died for your sin and was resurrected for your justification leading to Eternal life (Romans 10:9-10).

IF GOD CREATED YOU TO DIE IN HELL, WHY SEND HIS SON TO PAY YOUR SIN-DEBT? You were born into sin and all God had to do was insure that you attain an age of reason sufficient to be accountable for your sin and then allow you to die...and then take pleasure in your suffering in Hades-Sheol/Torments and find joy in watching your burn in Hell till your debt is paid then watch you die in agony...BUT GOD DID NOT DO THAT...GOD SENT ME HERE TO WARN YOU, TO PLEAD WITH YOU TO REPENT AND TURN TO JESUS CHRIST AS LORD AND LIVE!

HOW DIFFICULT IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND???

@RickeyD

Oh, so now god created Hell not knowing that humans would end up there? Here goes omniscience.

And now that humans are ending up there, he does nothing to stop it, despite not wanting them ending up there? Here goes omnipotence.

And god is okay with some humans ending up there? Here goes love for everyone.

The biblical narrative is falling apart quite quickly, don't you think? ;)
    Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

It’s nonsense isn’t it? Incidentally what crime is so appaling that it deserves eternity in Hell?  Apparently not accepting a god you had no evidence for will do. Stalin and Hitler could be in Heaven if they repented before dying ,it’s absolute nonsense 
    GnosticChristian
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @MayCaesar ; Nothing is falling apart but your life and your destiny as you live a life in naturalism and will die in your sin for having rejected Jesus as Lord for the mediation of said sin. I have told you Truth and you are free to die in Hell along with @Dee or you can pursue Jesus Christ in His written word, read, with diligence, the "Gospel of John" and find life or die in meaningless. The choice is yours to make. You have been told.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6058 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @RickeyD

That is the only thing you can do: when someone exposes logical errors in your reasoning, you have only your preachings left. Your whole religion is one big joke.

My choice has been made decades ago, when I decided to preserve my own mind and to not give any crooks power over it. The only thing your preachings here did is make me see Christianity as an even bigger joke than before. Well done, sir!
    GnosticChristiansmoothiePlaffelvohfen
    @MayCaesar ; At least you won't die in total spiritual ignorance and I've done what I've been commanded to do. Have a good life.

• MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyD

The only thing your preachings here did is make me see Christianity as an even bigger joke than before. Well done, sir!
    Please do not see such a vile and harmful religion as a joke.

Their high grade inquisitions has murdered way too many and their low level inquisition against women and gays is too satanic to be seen as a joke. There beliefs are a joke but the results of them are criminal.

Regards
    DL
  • RickeyD said:
    @MayCaesar ; At least you won't die in total spiritual ignorance and I've done what I've been commanded to do. Have a good life.

Fear tactic is all you liars have.

No moral mind will accept your genocidal god as a good god.

Regards
    DL
    @GnosticChristian ; Who is Jesus Christ to you?
  • RickeyD said:
    I have suffered my apotheosis. Jesus is my brethren.

Let me re repeat. 

---------

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards

DL

• RickeyD said:
    You might have noted this elsewhere.

Regards
    DL
    RickeyD said:
    I have suffered my apotheosis. Jesus is my brethren.

Let me re repeat. 

---------

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards

DL

If you think you are God, you are not a Christian.

• If you think you are God, you are not a Christian.
    I never claimed to be a Christian. I would not shame myself with such a lie.

I am a Gnostic Christian.

If you call yourself a Christian, you have no shame for following a genocidal and infanticidal god, and show that your morals are satanic.

Regards
    DL
  • GnosticChristianGnosticChristian 285 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    Oops

@GnosticChristian ; Please, answer the question. Who is Jesus Christ to you?
  • @RickeyD ;

A mantra used to gain Gnosis, which leads to apotheosis.

If you not try to take Jesus inside of you, you can never develop a Christ consciousness.

That translates to being born again and recognizing that you are a Jesus and god in your own rite.

I adlib. Jesus asked, have ye forgotten that ye are gods? 

You obviously have.

Regards
    DL

@GnosticChristian ; We are all created in the spiritual image of God but we're not coequals with God as we are a sinful people. Being "born again" is not internalizing Jesus nor is it in reference to becoming a god...being "born again" is the rebirth into a new life seeking righteousness and relationship with God the Father by grace through faith in Jesus as Lord...the rebirth is the manifestation of the "fruits of the Spirit" in one's life (Galatians 5:22-23); the rebirth can only manifest by the indwelling Holy Spirit who takes up residence within the faithful believer (Ephesians 1:13) and begins the journey of "sanctification" subsequent to Justification that occurs immediately upon believing and confessing that Jesus is Lord (Romans 10:9-10).

• RickeyD said:
    @GnosticChristian ; We are all created in the spiritual image of God but we're not coequals with God as we are a sinful people. 

-------- ?? God is a sinful god. Read Job 2;3 where god himself brands himself a sinner moved by Satan to do evil without a just cause.

Being "born again" is not internalizing Jesus nor is it in reference to becoming a god...being "born again" is the rebirth into a new life seeking righteousness and relationship with God the Father by grace through faith in Jesus as Lord...the rebirth is the manifestation of the "fruits of the Spirit" in one's life (Galatians 5:22-23); the rebirth can only manifest by the indwelling Holy Spirit who takes up residence within the faithful believer (Ephesians 1:13) and begins the journey of "sanctification" subsequent to Justification that occurs immediately upon believing and confessing that Jesus is Lord (Romans 10:9-10). 

----------I don't care about your description as I go by the quote I gave you of what Jesus said. 

You go ahead and go by what you read. I go by what I have experienced. 

You do not believe in being reborn as you were not curious to ask anything on me who has made the claim of having suffered my apotheosis. 
    Oh yee of little faith.

To this last bit of garbage. 

Where is the kingdom of god? 

Jesus says it is here and now and that the un-enlightened, like you, just can't see it.

That quote negates yours.

Regards
    DL
    @GnosticChristian ; Is Jesus God who died to pay mankind's sin-debt?
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    The genius of religion is that it has convinced everyone that it is the only solution to a problem that it invented...

There is no such thing as sin and hell, there is nothing to be saved from. There isn't any heaven, no reward for obedience to the religious authorities, no such things as good works except those we deem to be good.

Jesus can save no one from something that doesn't exist, it is very blatantly a ploy for power and authority, a simple trick carried out by hucksters and con men alike, to cement his place in eternity via the minds of others. This personal indiscretion has taken a permanent toll on humanity, it has inspired violence within families, hatred among the diverse, and bloodshed between allies. It is long past time for the days of manipulation of the theist to cease.

Secularism has proven superior within all nations which except it. Lower crime, longer lives, and happier citizens. It is therefore apparent that belief must come after state, which must come after the individual. Superstitions should be questioned, traditions need not be followed, and Theocracies ought to be toppled.
    GnosticChristian
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

***** Is Jesus God who died to pay mankind's sin-debt? 

Don’t be so silly if he died for sin debt how come people are sent to Hell according to you , how is that paying sin -debt you raving lunatic?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

Don’t be so silly if he died for sin debt how come people are sent to Hell according to you , how is that paying sin -debt you raving lunatic?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

GnosticChristian