frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is Jesus the only Way to be saved?

1235»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

***** Is Jesus God who died to pay mankind's sin-debt? 

Don’t be so silly if he died for sin debt how come people are sent to Hell according to you , how is that paying sin -debt you raving lunatic?
    GnosticChristian
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

***** Is Jesus God who died to pay mankind's sin-debt? 

Don’t be so silly if he died for sin debt how come people are sent to Hell according to you , how is that paying sin -debt?
    GnosticChristian
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @Dee ; People die in sin and Hell because they refuse to repent of sin and trust in Jesus Christ as the only Mediator for sin. Jesus is the only One who could pay your sin-debt and only by trusting-believing in Him as Lord for the forgiveness of sin can mankind find righteousness (a right standing with God) and receive the indwelling Holy Spirit of Promise that leads to a new life in God's grace through sanctification.

Jesus is the only Way to life in God's Kingdom subsequent to death of the body in Time. No religion, cult, sect, can save you...ONLY faith in Jesus as your Lord and Savior will save your soul from death in sin and Hell.

GnosticChristian
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

****  People die in sin and Hell because they refuse to repent of sin and trust in Jesus Christ as the only Mediator for sin. 

Right , so he didn’t die for our sins after all. So if your god is so great why doesn’t he just forgive and forget , I know I would yet your all powerful “loving god “ cannot why’s that? 
    GnosticChristian
  • RickeyD said:
    @GnosticChristian ; Is Jesus God who died to pay mankind's sin-debt?
    Can god die in your ideology? No.

Regards
    DL
    @GnosticChristian ; This is why Messiah took on flesh...as a sacrifice for our sin.

@Dee ; God only forgives and forgets the sin of those who have approached Him His Way (Hebrews 8:12); that is, by grace (unmerited favor that cannot be earned by human effort) through faith (trusting-believing) in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and Mediator for sin (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8-9). God is the epitome of LOVE (1 John 4:8) but God is also a Holy, Just, Righteous, God who cannot lie (Numbers 23:19) and who will keep His Covenants with man and angels.

God warned that the soul that sins will die (Ezekiel 18:20; Genesis 2:17); therefore, you and I will die in our body sooner or later but God, in His mercy and grace, went to incredible lengths to provide you a pardon from death in sin and ultimately death in Hell (John 3:16). If God just looked the other way and did nothing about your sin, He would be a and a deceiver and untrustworthy, but God is keeping His word, His Covenant, and offers you life with Him forever IF you'll humble yourself, acknowledge you're a sinner, repent of your sin (turn away from sin) and believe in your heart, confess with your mouth, that Jesus Christ is God who died to pay your sin-debt and that Jesus was resurrected for your justification (Romans 10:9-10). There is no other way to find forgiveness of sin (John 14:6), righteousness (a right standing) with God the Father and receive the indwelling Holy Spirit who will change your life forever.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

**** Jesus Christ is God who died to pay your sin-debt 

How so? You just admitted he only forgives it you “approach him in the right way” , hows that him “paying a debt”?

What crime is so great it merits an eternity in Hell? I wouldn’t sentence anyone no matter how bad to that which makes me morally superior to your god.

It seems the biggest crime is not acknowledging a god that I’ve no proof for Christians like you it seems would sooner I lie and let on I believe , I do not believe as I’m not convinced just like you’re not convinced by “evidence “ for other gods so how are you any different?
  • @RickeyD ;

Come and reason on substitutional punishment.

You paint god to be quite coward and poor example of a father and judge.

In fact, you bring ridicule to Yahweh and Christianity.

Tell us, if you were a judge and decided you wanted a sacrifice or bribe to change your usual ways of punishing the guilty instead of the innocent, to punishing the innocent instead of the guilty, would you send your child to die or would you be man enough and father enough to do the right thing and step up yourself?

I am just wondering about your character.

Your bible says you are to do all that god does and be like him. I do not see you as that vile of a human being.

Please confirm that you aren't.

Regards
    DL
    Plaffelvohfen
    @Dee ; You are free to disbelieve, Dee...that is your right granted you by our Creator via free will. Jesus as your Lord to mediate your sin is your only hope for forgiveness of sin life in Eternity. Enjoy.

@GnosticChristian ; You were born into sin (Psalm 51:5) and from the moment you attained an age of reason-accountability you were destined to die in that sin and die in Hell without hope (Romans 5:8; Romans 3:23), but God did not leave you in that hopeless condition, He interceded on your behalf and paid the ultimate price for your sin which is death...He died in your place through the work of Jesus Christ-Yeshua at the Crucifixion (John 3:16). Your sin, my sin, barred you and me from entrance into the Kingdom of God where nothing impure is allowed to dwell (Revelation 21:27).

You cannot work yourself to God but God has made a Way for you to approach Him by grace (unmerited favor) through faith (trusting-believing) in Jesus as Lord and Mediator for your sin. The seriousness of sin was sufficient to mandate the extrication of Lucifer from the Kingdom (Luke 10:18) and God will not make allowances for your sin other than forgiveness by faith in Jesus as Lord and the imputation of Jesus' perfection/righteousness over your life (2 Corinthians 5:21) through the rebirth that manifests only by receiving the indwelling Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13; John 3:3). Jesus is the only Way and the only Truth available to finding life in Eternity (John 14:6) and unless you stop living the lies of Gnosticism and humble yourself, repent of your sin, believe in the Lord Jesus and confess Him openly as Lord, you will surely die in your sin in Time (Hebrews 9:27-28) and lose your soul in Eternity in Hell (Revelation 20:11-15).

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

Right , so again you have no answer to my questions 
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

This is the theme of the forum:

Is Jesus the only Way to be saved?

So how are your responses to RickyD relevant to the forum question at hand?

**** Jesus Christ is God who died to pay your sin-debt 

"How so? You just admitted he only forgives it you “approach him in the right way” , hows that him “paying a debt”?

What crime is so great it merits an eternity in Hell? I wouldn’t sentence anyone no matter how bad to that which makes me morally superior to your god.

It seems the biggest crime is not acknowledging a god that I’ve no proof for Christians like you it seems would sooner I lie and let on I believe , I do not believe as I’m not convinced just like you’re not convinced by “evidence “ for other gods so how are you any different?"

"Right,  so again you have no answer to my questions."

@Dee, Jesus's way, was about humanity in general, being fair and equal to each other.

Being fair and equal to ourselves.

Being fair and equal to our families and our communities.

The above, I believe is Jesus's way in a nutshell.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

I again haven’t a clue what you’re on about are you on the bottle again ?
    TKDB
  • GnosticChristianGnosticChristian 285 Pts   -   edited February 2020

Care to chat a bit.

Is Jesus' way even required for you? By that I mean, what large sin did you do to earn the wrath of god and his condemnation.

Regards
    DL
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

Is this how you debate?

"@TKDB

I again haven’t a clue what you’re on about are you on the bottle again ?"

Because I see zero effort by you to engage in the theme of the forum?

@Dee ;
    Apparently you want to focus on me, instead of debating?

Do you have any EVIDENCE to support your claim about me being on the bottle again?

Have you ever had a drink with me?

If so, where is your photographic evidence to support your claim?

Did you maybe hire a private investigator to stalk me, to provide you with the evidence to base your claim on?

Please where is you evidence to support your drinking claim against, before this forum?

@Dee ; I have answered your questions. What have I not responded too?

• Ok first off you don’t have to repent of your sins but all you have to do is trust in Jesus to be saved. Just pray to jesus and ask for forgiveness and believe in him. do NOT risk or it might just be to late you might die today, tomorrow or anytime before you get saved you never know
    GnosticChristian
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @Dee ;

You've been for off topic harassment. 
  • Ok first off you don’t have to repent of your sins but all you have to do is trust in Jesus to be saved. Just pray to jesus and ask for forgiveness and believe in him. do NOT risk or it might just be to late you might die today, tomorrow or anytime before you get saved you never know
    So easy eh? Just sell your soul to Satan and be saved from Yahweh's unjust condemnation. You want Jesus to be just as immoral as you are with your scapegoat ridding ideas.

I would like you to consider two thinks. 

First. 

It takes quite an  inflated ego to think a god would actually die for you, after condemning you unjustly in the first place.

You have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil you make Jesus to keep your feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral. To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

You also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7  None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that you would teach your children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are doing just that.

Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fibre as Yahweh.

-------

Second.

Jesus said that anyone who had even a small amount of faith or belief in him would be ablke to do all he did and more.

By Jesus' own standard, there are no believers or any who have faith in Jesus.

Right? Not even you. Christian.

Or is your WORD of god wrong?

Regards

DL

• Ok first off you don’t have to repent of your sins
    Good lord buddy, have you not read any of your bible?

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

I am not even a Christian, I am a Gnostic Christian that uses a lot less of the bible than you do yet you don't seem to know it at all.

You do know that neither of us, according to your bible, have the freedom of choice to believe or not and that we are dependent on the grace of god as to if we believe or not?

Scriptures say that he hardens the hearts of those he will reject and give the grace of beloief to those whom he wants to save.

We have no choice in this, says your bible.

Do I need to get you the quotes my friend, or will you trust the truth of what I said?

If not, at least do some research before your reply or request for the chapters and verse.

Regards

DL

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

You’re off topic

• I promise not to be mean to you, but I disagree with you, on Jesus, and the Bible. Are you interested, in a civil debate?
    I am, on the immorality of Christianity and scapegoating, but you have shown that you cannot be civil and can ignore exactly what Jesus taught by ignoring the bible.

Regards
    DL