frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

The Trump Impeachment Liberals, just made fools of themselves before the Public.

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta

The 1986 award, right? Yeah, thought so... 
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta

***** Why are you bringing up Slick Willie?

You think I’m a “fan” of Bills? I’ve no time for the man you see unlike Americans such as you and your type I would never let party allegiance calling out people like this , but cowards like you do so because they are so terrified of voicing an opinion that might upset others and we couldn’t have that could we?
    CYDdhartaBlastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    Blastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

What has monetary aid got to do with the topic in hand or the character of Trump?
    Blastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

***** Youre not understanding what im saying.  Yes a convincing argument is what you need when its something that is not based on opinion.

Opinions need convincing arguments if they are to be accepted as they are subjective .Arguments must be reasoned and logical 

*****When your asking whats better an apple or orange you take a poll because that is 100% opinionated.

I don’t think reputable research  centers such as Pew would agree with your assessment 

****Not sure why your making fun of me for using polls...

I’m making fun of your source 

****this is the only time ive used one and it was to demonstrate public sentiment,

It’s not 

*****while on the otherhand you already admitted you used polls in past conversations to prove an argument that could be objectively argued.

Actually I used one from the internationally esteemed Pew research centre to provide proof of a gender wage gap which the American government readily accepts you and another member disputed such despite documentation that proved my point conclusively 

One more correction you had a subjective argument the only objective one was mine as it was based on logic , reason and evidence 
    Blastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

*****  I was talking about racism not bankruptcies.  I want the evidence that he is definetly a racist

Evidence doesn’t count where you are concerned as you always reject it in favour of snippets from bizarre publications such as the Epoch Times . When confronted with stats from the American government and Pew research centre proving conclusively a gender wage gap you sulked and denied it and said it was faulty all because you say so 
    CYDdhartaBlastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

****** I just don't like you and I think you're a moron 

In fairness that’s a bit harsh on morons ......I think he’s beyond that and a bit 
    PlaffelvohfenCYDdhartaBlastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen

****** They already deny reality in their day to day experience of existence, they reject science and facts, they just do the same with his actions, as long as he enables them to reach their goals (or lead them to believe he will), the end justify the means and thus will excuse literally anything done by Trump... 

You’re spot on and Trump plays his voters like a fiddle , I guarantee if Trump overnight re-introduced the segregation of blacks his fan base would defend him to the teeth. It’s truly frightening that his voters think he’s the epitome of what it means to be a patriotic American Christian.

PlaffelvohfenCYDdhartaBlastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen

That is interesting indeed and I think it’s marvelous that lest we forget there are numerous decent Christians who voted for Trump but are sorely disappointed by him and are not afraid to speak up unlike @TKDB and @RickeyD who have Trump on a god like pedestal as they are too cowardly to rock the boat 
    CYDdhartaBlastcat
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

"What has monetary aid got to do with the topic in hand or the character of Trump?"

Because US taxpayer dollars, are being used to BAIL out some countries, who apparently, don't seem to be able to maintain themselves monetarily?

So some of the foreigners from other countries, want to bash Trump, while getting their hands filled by US taxpayer dollar, BAIL out cash.

So that in a sense makes some of the foreigners in some of those countries, who are collecting that BAIL out money, hypocrites, by bashing Trump, but taking the U.S. taxpayer dollars at the same time?

Billions of dollars each year. 

While the problems, in the United States, continue to fester?

Doesn't seem neither fair or equal, now does it? 

"The Trump Impeachment Liberals, just made fools of themselves before the Public."

Now at the same time, U.S. taxpayer dollars are being spent, on addressing the issues, that have been created by some of the Illegal Immigration issues across the country, via Sanctuary Cities.

The U.S. taxpayers are paying for the medical bills, that have been created, by some of those same illegal immigrants, by getting medical attention, but not paying on their self created medical bills?

Which means that some of the Trump Impeachment Liberals, are basically responsible for some of the Illegal Immigrant issues, because of some of the Policies, that those same Liberals wrote, and made into law?

So they can point fingers at Trump, but they'll run away from their own self created Political failures, at the expense of those lost Taxpayer dollars?

It's a circle of political responsibility, that some want to play games with, at the expense of U.S. taxpayer dollars.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

**** Because US taxpayer dollars, are being used to BAIL out some countries, who apparently, don't seem to be able to maintain themselves monetarily?

I’m not one of them countries and even if that was the case that means one cannot criticise Trump,wow! You really do say some things don’t you?

*****So some of the foreigners from other countries, want to bash Trump, while getting their hands filled by US taxpayer dollar, BAIL out cash.

Bash away I say 

*****So that in a sense makes some of the foreigners in some of those countries, who are collecting that BAIL out money, hypocrites, by bashing Trump, but taking the U.S. taxpayer dollars at the same time?

Bail out money???? are you on about you ?

****Billions of dollars each year. 

While the problems, in the United States, continue to fester?

Doesn't seem neither fair or equal, now does it? 

Do you want yet another Butt Hurt form?

****"The Trump Impeachment Liberals, just made fools of themselves before the Public."

Now at the same time, U.S. taxpayer dollars are being spent, on addressing the issues, that have been created by some of the Illegal Immigration issues across the country, via Sanctuary Cities.

The U.S. taxpayers are paying for the medical bills, that have been created, by some of those same illegal immigrants, by getting medical attention, but not paying on their self created medical bills?

Which means that some of the Trump Impeachment Liberals, are basically responsible for some of the Illegal Immigrant issues, because of some of the Policies, that those same Liberals wrote, and made into law?

So they can point fingers at Trump, but they'll run away from their own self created Political failures, at the expense of those lost Taxpayer dollars?

It's a circle of political responsibility, that some want to play games with, at the expense of U.S. taxpayer dollars.

*****zzzzzz zzzzzzzz .....wake me up when you finish ......

Blastcat
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1127 Pts   -  
    @Dee. Do you understand the difference between objective and subjective.  Whether an orange or an apple tastes better is entirely opinionated.  Whether there is a wage gap is not.  A poll would not help you prove that argument, yet after making fun of me for using a poll to demonstrate public sentiment you use a poll to prove an argument that has nothing to do with opinions.  No matter if your source was from God himself the polls you gathered would not make your argument.

Also the fact that all of your sources only displayed a disparity in median income in the sexes doesnt not prove a wage gap.  You can continue to argue that pount publicly though, it will just continue to show your lack of ability to reason.
    CYDdharta
    @Dee

I tried as hard as could the last time to show that the median gap is mainly due to the fact that men disparingly go into higher paying career fields and backed it with sources from harvard and others.

If there are 5 men engineers and 5 women teachers there would be a large difference in the median wage gap.  This is a simple example displaying the median income disbalance in the U.S. job market.
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1127 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @Happy_Killbot. An easy reason to like trump is he is not a leftist, you look at the democrstic candidates now and they push free everything.

Often i see people from others countries and there leaders criticizing and hating on him, this isnt always a bad thing.  As far as NATO is concerned many people dont know that the U.S. contributes more to security than all other nations combined...thats astounding. While we helped win wars in Europe, they accepted we would become a power and wanted to make deal.  Now after decades where they promised to pay 2% of gdp they never have while we pay over 3%. Name another superpower throughout history that would put up with that sh*t, we have been taken advantage of.

Meanwhile while ISIS gained nearly all its steam before trump, he nearly disbanded it in 2 years.  Then he starts to take troops out and all of a sudden thats a bad thing to liberals.  People often say we are an evil empire that polices the world. 1. If we were an evil empire we would take everything.
    2. As soon as trump tries to stop policing all of the middle east everyone complains.

On trade, yes normally i would agree tariffs are bad, but we needed new deals.  To me, Trump would have more support if he didnt try to take this on.  The economy would be even better than it is now, and he wouldnt be making as many enemies. There is no reason to do it other than trying to look and help this countries future because in the present he would benefitting more by not doing it.

Other improvements include right to try, first step act, helping improve the VA, moving embassy to Israel, and showing support for our police force, military, and love instead of hate for the country in general. Not to mention the state of the economy.

He has also started to sway our culture away from politically correct safe spaces. While i dont always agree with things hes said, its about time people stopped being afraid of being attacked for offending 1 potential person.

TRUMP IS A GOD! (thats how ive been told i feel)

PlaffelvohfenDeeCYDdharta
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @Dee

Well then good for you, and your responsible country then.

"I’m not one of them countries and even if that was the case that means one cannot criticize Trump,wow!
    You really do say some things don’t you?"

You seem to criticize as you do, because you apparently enjoy residing behind the anonymity of the internet, to dish out the criticizing of whoever that you relish in?

You're the typical protester on the internet.

And Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Adam Schiff, and Jerry Nadler, are the premier Liberal protesters, who are holding up the rest of the Impeachment process, to protest Trump, from behind their individual Political Office doors.

The U.S. Constitution, and the Democracy of the U.S., does not belong to them exclusively, it belongs to all of the legal U.S. citizens. 

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  

The Trump Impeachment Liberals, just made fools of themselves before the Public.

And Pelosi and her Impeachment stalling tactic. 

Pelosi is a Liberal control freak, and an "Impeachment" is formalized when its been passed through the senate.

And apparently Pelosi, is wanting to push the rest of the Impeachment into the new year.

Because she is looking for some kind of leverage, or looking to make some deals, behind closed doors, before, she allows her part of the Impeachment to continue to the formalized process? 

Trump is asking to get the Impeachment over with, and the non Liberal voting public deserves that courtesy and respect. 

Nancy Pelosi is not the President of the US, Trump is, but the woman acts like she is, because she's a lame duck Speaker Of the House. 

When the 2020 Election comes along, and is done, Nancy Pelosi already has her walking papers, so her Impeachment talk wrestling match with Trump, and the Senate, is her outgoing Liberal Curtain Call. 
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers I disagree that "anti-liberalism" equates to being pro-Trump. Looking through this thread and it's brother, I don't think anyone has brought up Mike Pence yet.

There is a true conservative! 

If VP becomes president, he will no doubt carry on the conservative torch, and probably make most of the same decisions trump did, although perhaps a little more professionally. For someone who is a conservative based on values, Trump's potential removal is an annoying formality rather than an death sentence, for the tribalistic Trump supporter, the mention of his potential  removal is the end of the world.

There is an important distinction to make between an anti-liberal and a conservative.

A conservative supports things like tradition, stability, hierarchy, economic conservatism, liberty, property rights, and in general keeping things the way they are or taking action to stabilize emerging situations back to the norm, as opposed to a progressive who want to attempt to make things better than they currently are. These two ideologies work together, when a conservative thinker and a progressive thinker are together and thinking rationally, they tend to reach beneficial conclusions.

An anti-liberal may or may not support conservative values, but for the most part they just oppose whatever the progressives are saying, without thinking about it critically or standing for anything. These types, ( same goes for anti-conservatives ) are the types who can not tell a conservative policy from a liberal one unless they are explicitly told. They stand for nothing, but oppose everything from the side that doesn't fit the narrative/ideas they want. They are party over policy types of people.

Take for instance the study from which the term "party over policy" originates.
    https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/4ecc/34af1b002340a02ed830d296819f64e1172f.pdf

This study proves that a significant number of people have no idea what their party actually believes, and when told that policies suggested by the opposite party from their own identity were supported by the party of their identity, they tended to support it.

In other words: They don't care what the policy is as long as it has support from their party!

So how does this relate to Trump and his supporters?

A similar phenomena happens with Trump fans, except the paradigm has shifted to "Trump over party over policy" where supporters of Trump see any criticism of him as a personal attack, one that they must defend against.

Consider this thought experiment: Lets say there is a Trump supporter by the name of Dicky R, who is very outspoken about his own values and political stances. Some of this individual's political stances are not Trump stances. Despite appearances, most values held by Dicky R are not actively practiced or demonstrably held by Trump.

What would Trump need to do, if anything to lose the support of this individual?

I don't think that there is any reasonable answer here, the depth of what would be required to lose this individual's support may change this completely hypothetical person faster than Trump can change himself.

Another tangential thought experiment might be: If Trump had made the opposite move in all the situations you list, would Democrats have the same reaction regardless, and Trump supporters have had a different reaction?
    PlaffelvohfenCYDdharta
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

***** Do you understand the difference between objective and subjective.

I do , apparently you don’t as you claimed you made an objective argument in relation to gender wage gap which you didn’t , but you did give your subjective opinion 

****Whether an orange or an apple tastes better is entirely opinionated.  

Yes , you’re telling me this why?

****Whether there is a wage gap is not.  

I know as there clearly is a gender wage gap as I proved 

*****A poll would not help you prove that argument,

Nor did I say it did solid research proved my point 

****yet after making fun of me for using a poll to demonstrate public sentiment you use a poll to prove an argument that has nothing to do with opinions.  

My argument is not based on opinions you cited some bizarre journal thinking you made a “telling “ point you only made yourself look foolish 

****No matter if your source was from God himself the polls you gathered would not make your argument.

As I said solid research proved my point 

****Also the fact that all of your sources only displayed a disparity in median income in the sexes doesnt not prove a wage gap. 

You really should not hold forth on a subject you display complete ignorance off the gender pay gap is based on the ratio female -to -male average yearly earnings among full time year round workers , there is a gap as recognized by  authorities on the subject which clearly eliminates you from the process

****vYou can continue to argue that pount publicly though, it will just continue to show your lack of ability to reason.

Says the guy who doesn’t know the difference between a subjective and objective argument and whos “reason “ is informed by the Epoch Times ......bwaaaaaaahahahahahaha 
    Blastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

You seems to criticize as you do, because you apparently enjoy residing behind the anonymity of the internet, to dish out the criticizing of whoever that you relish in?

Actually no if you get the orange one to meet me face to face I would tell him he’s a bucket of bile ....can you set that up?

****You're the typical protester on the internet.

This is a debate site you ridiculous , stop crying 

****And Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff, and Nadler, are the premier Liberal protesters, who are holding up the rest of the Impeachment process, to protest Trump, from behind their individual Political Office doors.

Oh stop crying you big child he’s being impeached he’s brought shame on the U S get over it 

****The U.S. Constitution, and the Democracy of the U.S., does not belong to them exclusively, it belongs to all of the legal US citizens. 

Yes I know and they have a right to expose a corrupt,  immoral for what he is .....Freedom of speech baby 
    CYDdhartaBlastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

***** I tried as hard as could the last time to show that the median gap is mainly due to the fact that men disparingly go into higher paying career fields and backed it with sources from harvard and others.

If there are 5 men engineers and 5 women teachers there would be a large difference in the median wage gap.  This is a simple example displaying the median income disbalance in the U.S. job market.

Incorrect you attempted to B S your way out of argument I easily defeated in my first post and here you are again with your ridiculous counter do you even know what median means?
    Blastcat
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @Dee

I'm not your baby, ma'am.

You seem to criticize as you do, because you apparently enjoy residing behind the anonymity of the internet, to dish out the criticizing of whoever that you relish in?

",Actually no if you get the orange one to meet me face to face I would tell him he’s a bucket of bile ....can you set that up?"

You're an attention hawk, using Trump, to garner attention for yourself.

****You're the typical protester on the internet.

"This is a debate site you ridiculous , stop crying."

You're not debating @Dee, you're an internet protester, protesting from behind your profile name.

****And Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff, and Nadler, are the premier Liberal protesters, who are holding up the rest of the Impeachment process, to protest Trump, from behind their individual Political Office doors.

"Oh stop crying you big child he’s being impeached he’s brought shame on the U S get over it.

Again @Dee, you're not debating, you're protesting.

****The U.S. Constitution, and the Democracy of the U.S., does not belong to them exclusively, it belongs to all of the legal US citizens. 

"Yes I know and they have a right to expose a corrupt,  immoral for what he is .....Freedom of speech baby."

The Ukraine, is apparently corrupt? Or they are working on cleaning up their previous correction concerns? 

Didn't Bill Clinton get Impeached, because he apparently perjured himself under Oath, isn't that action, a form of corruption? 

The Freedom of Reality @Dee.

@Dee. Let me get a yes or no you then, you are saying it is false that men do not disparingly go into higher career fields.
    @Happy_Killbot. Well i actually said leftist not liberal.

Impeachment of trump is not that id be more upset if pence was president its the principle of it. eing crap.

And again like you said a conservative and Trump would make similar moves, i am a conservative libertarian so i approve.  Except trump has actually gotten the balls to try and get stuff done and has gotten people to stop fearing the attacks they will receive from leftism.
    CYDdharta
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

*****  Let me get a yes or no you then, you are saying it is false that men do not disparingly go into higher career fields.

I said there is a gender wage gap this is a fact despite your attempts are trying to re -frame the debate , do I really  have to explain what gender means? Wage gap? 
    Blastcat
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2768 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

Your country alone has received 33 Million Dollars in US Aid.

That's money out of my pocket, RickyD's pocket, and CYDharta's pocket. 

"Of course, the USA aids the UK. And I am grateful."
    "I like the USA in general and many of the people in the USA.
    "I just don't like you and I think you're a moron @TKDB.
    "And you still need to learn to distinguish between political parties."

I think that Trump, should stop that US Aid, and use it to better address, the issues that are plaguing the U.S. itself. 

The Abortion issue, the Gun violence crimes issue, the Rape, and Sexual assaults issues, and the Domestic Violence and Abuse cases. 

The Marijuana addiction problems, The Alcohol addiction problems, and the Drug addiction parents problems that are using legal an illegal drugs, around their own kids?

The Sanctuary City enabled, illegal immigrant problems, that are plaguing the Rights of the legal US citizens who are in the US legally?

I have a CLEAR understanding between the Political parties. 

I'm an Independent, and I think that ANY US Politician, Conservative oriented, or Liberal oriented, should be doing more as a Collective group, for the country as a whole itself, instead of both of those Political Parties, pandering to their individual constituent followers. 

After all, isn't that why they were voted into their individual Political Offices to begin with? 

And your country has received billions of dollars from China to help you out of debt. Don't forget that. @TKDB
    PlaffelvohfenCYDdharta

@MichaelElpers If by leftist you mean people on the far left, who despite what some may cry have relatively little political clout at the moment, it effectively changes little because the theory applies rather universally to all except centrists. ( I'm sure there are centrists who hate extremists but I have yet to meet any ) Perhaps you are not an anti-liberal, but many Trump supporters are. Like everything, there is no black and white and everything is on a spectrum.

By US standards, I am a slightly left-leaning libertarian but I have a lot of other views that aren't on the traditional (and grossly oversimplified) 2-axis political compass. I don't agree with Trump's rather authoritarian ways, my biggest gripe with the previous presidents.

In terms of how much Trump has accomplished, this is all relative. Trump has signed less than the average number of executive orders by year at only 46.7 per year, the average is 57.99 per year.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_federal_executive_orders

I can totally respect the view that the whole impeachment shenanigans is ridiculous and a shame on US politics, and I briefly held this view myself. The thing that changed my mind is the fact that the election was essentially rigged via information warfare by at least Russia and the British company Cambridge Analytica. This is a separate issue from Russian collusion, so as far as the official record goes Trump was a benefactor with no proven involvement.

This issue, the one of information warfare is a much, much, much bigger issue, because there is little difference between an autocracy and a democracy of engineered consent.

If the future of democracy is to force feed people targeted political content and strategically manipulate through targeted, personalized, and highly specific adds, then we have no democracy whatsoever, because our votes are, for all intents and purposes, being bought.

The number of people on the left who are attacking people on the right is very small. It just feels like attacks when the people have a fundamental disagreement, and are unable to separate their identity from their beliefs, hence the tribalism I ramble on about.
    PlaffelvohfenCYDdharta
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,

@Dee. Gender to you would probably be an infinite amount of options but wage gap is paid less for the same work, which is not true.  And you dodged my question.
    @Happy_Killbot. You mad that hes authoritarian but upset that hes using less than average executive orders (seems off)?  Measurement of things hes done isnt equal to the number of executive orders.

Trump may have benefitted from russian meddling but for one he wasnt involved so thats not impeachable. 2. The russians didnt mess with the actual votes they just put up "propoganda" and exposed the DNC for doing crappy things.

The fact that the media is 90% leftist including google i guarantee swayed far more votes than russian bots.
    PlaffelvohfenCYDdharta
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6073 Pts   -  
    Happy_Killbot said:

If the future of democracy is to force feed people targeted political content and strategically manipulate through targeted, personalized, and highly specific adds, then we have no democracy whatsoever, because our votes are, for all intents and purposes, being bought.
    This was pointed out by Cicero more than 2000 years ago. He explained how the democracy in Athens ultimately came down to a small group of people manipulating masses into supporting them, which, in turn, had taken place 400 years before him. The phrase "breads and circuses" referred to a similar phenomenon in Rome: politicians could literally rally people to support them by promising them some food and games.

It is strange how people only now seem to be realising the essence of democracy, while so many people before pointed it out. The Founding Fathers themselves opposed democracy in favor of a constitutional republic, knowing just how easy it is to sway masses in one or another direction by clever marketing.

Politicians never do the voters' bidding, and it is closer to being the other way around. Granted, democracy is still better than, say, a one-party dictatorship, where nobody has any choice whatsoever and marketing is not even needed - but it is an awful system on the absolute scale. The only democracy that works is the "wallet democracy", which is the free market, where people actually get what they voted for - as well as their money back in case what they voted for is not what was advertised.

I think the current political spectacle is just another proof of the old good phenomenon: that democracies over time become more and more corrupt. The only way to deal with it is to get into severe crises periodically, followed by a short period of collective waking up and supporting shrinkage of the government. Then, once life becomes more or less comfortable again, everyone goes back into the slumber, until the next crisis.

The immortal quote is to the point:
    Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.
    Blastcat
    @MichaelElpers Measure of authoritarianism isn't equal to the number of orders, its a property of the content of those orders and the means by which they are achieved.

If google and the 90% leftist media is swaying votes, then how is Trump in office?

The media bias is all over the place, and it terms of viewership is rather equally distributed. 
    https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-chart

Maybe you are referencing the study that says 90% of the media's coverage of Trump has been negative?

So here is something to consider: if there was no media bias whatsoever, would we always expect 50/50 positive/negative overage?

The answer is no! if there was no bias, we would expect the results to reflect the percentage of how positive/negatively people viewed him. This study does not prove media bias, it only proves that 90% of the coverage of Trump is negative.

Let's just play around with the numbers a little so I can demonstrate how this could swing either way:

If we live in a country with 20 news sources of unknown bias, either red or blue. We show 90% coverage is critical of candidate color, who claims to be red.

For a 10/10 media bias, that would mean all the blue sources are critical and so are 8 of the red ones. It is easy to predict now that candidate color is not red.

For a 2/18 bias in favor blue, then we can conclude that statistically candidate color is probably red, and blue media doesn't like him.

What about a 18/2 split in favor red? We can explain this too! this indicates that only 2 of the 18 red news sources think candidate color is red and the others do not.

This is a very complex way of saying we don't know what you are claiming from the source information you claim.

I'm not talking about media bias, I'm talking about deliberate social engineering to manufacture voter's consent. These words should scare the S*** out of you as a libertarian. It's not about how much content is being produced, information isn't a zero-sum game, it's about how much that info spreads. 1 article that gets 1000 views is more potent than 100 that get 10 views each.
    PlaffelvohfenCYDdharta

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

***** . Gender to you would probably be an infinite amount of options

Spoken like a true narrow minded bigot , it’s amazing the way you and your fellow Trump supporter @RickeyD  classify everyone that’s not like you’s as in a racist , homosexual hating , anti abortion Trump supporter as being the enemy instead of realizing your hatred and bigotry towards others that aren’t narrow minded pricks like yous is your problem not theirs 

****but wage gap is paid less for the same work, which is not true.

You need to read again what I said not what you think I said 

****gAnd you dodged my question.

I said there is a gender wage gap this is a fact despite your attempts are trying to re -frame the debate , do I really  have to explain what gender means? Wage gap? 
    Blastcat
    @Happy_Killbot. You can sway votes and still lose.

Considering at least 90% of people probably use google to look up their informatiin and google is very left leaning, im going to say the information spreads pretty quickly.  

Im not sure how you think russian bots stack up to google.  People have done studies that show google is potentially seaying upwards of 15 million votes to the liberal side.
    CYDdharta
    @MichaelElpers If you have Netflix, watch "the great hack"

Google doesn't try to manipulate people, it just collects data on who you are and then gives you more of what they think you will like. We are not talking about Russian bots, what they did is way crazier than just bots.

They paid people with false identities to engage in grassroots campaigns, make political statements in public, stole the personal identification of actual people to open bank and pay-pal accounts so they could run ads on social media, then those same people managed many fake social media accounts to create actual groups (rather than bots, these groups contained real people, something I have personally tried and gotten to work successfully) organized rallies and marches, and even got people to impersonate Clinton in prison uniforms.

Do you really think that comes anywhere close to the soft persuasion by google, which most people don't think actually exists?

If you are really worried about it, just use DuckDuckGo. In my opinion it's superior anyways.
    CYDdharta

@Dee. I dont even know what your talking about, i never called anyone those things.

You asked me what a wage gap was and i told you.  Then you didnt even confirm or deny if you agreed with the definition.

If your definition of wage gap is there is a disparity in median income im not arguing that.

We already have a word for people that described peoples non-sexual identity...its called personality.  Gender has always meant male or female...i dont hate these people i just disagree with there definition of gender and dont think forced speech is right.
    @Happy_Killbot. This Epstein hasnt even killed himself...yet lol.

Heres the study.

@MichaelElpers

Are you actually thinking that the Russian interference in 2016 was only restricted to simple bots on Facebook and other online platforms???

Well, to bring you up to date, here are some of the things they did...

1. During the summer and fall of 2016, Russian hackers intruded into voter databases and software systems in 39 different US states.
    2.They spread alienation by creating fake pages promoting both sides of deeply divisive issues to foment unrest... Just look around at the level of discourse since 2016, they did a really good job as sowing discord.
    3.The Mueller indictment permanently demolishes the idea that the scale of the Russian campaign was not significant enough to have any impact on the American public. We are no longer talking about approximately $100,000 (paid in rubles, no less) of advertising grudgingly disclosed by Facebook, but tens of millions of dollars spent over several years to build a broad, sophisticated system that can influence American opinion.
    4. The intention of these campaigns was to activate—or suppress—target groups. Not to change their views, but to change their behavior.
    5. Beyond getting voters in the U.S. to follow Facebook or Twitter accounts and read fake news websites, the Russians translated their social media influence into real-life events. Posing as American grassroots activists, the trolls set up and promoted rallies in swing states like Florida and Pennsylvania, as well as at Trump properties in New York, according to the indictment.

The list goes on... Damn, it's your country and you force your eyes close at what Russia is doing to destroy it from the inside... 

Wake up and look straight at what you are facing...
    CYDdharta
    @MichaelElpers Um...

Are you trolling right now?

Why are you posting a PragerU video unless it is just to be ironic?

I'm trying to make a point about information warfare, then you go and post a literal right-wing propaganda video...
    PlaffelvohfenDeeCYDdharta

@Plaffelvohfen

I never promoted it or said they shoild do it.  But still pretty sure that google does way more to push an agend by suppressing views they dont agree with than Russia ever could.

You posted a 1-5 numeric list acting like they did 5 different things but most of those involved spreading information/misinformation/ how they did it.

Ive never really seen a number put to how much effect they actually had, just they that tried.
    @Happy_Killbot

Not trolling, you cant discredit all information by just claiming it came from a right wing site. He is testifying before congress, why dont you actually listen to his credentials and explainations, he is a liberal professor with a phd from harvard and didnt come from prageru...they just uploaded it.
    CYDdharta
    @MichaelElpers

Well if you are seriously and honestly convinced of that, you're beyond help, trapped in an echo chamber... 
    CYDdharta
    @Plaffelvohfen

You actually think russia can change public view more than google?  How is that possible.

People trust nearly every source they grab from google as fact.

The suppression is real, youtube even did it to tulsi gabbard.  With a Vpn if you were in the U.S. her videos were hidden while changed to another the videos were at the top.
    Plaffelvohfen
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

Who's in charge of the Money in your country?

Your Treasury Department, or you?

The United States, didn't get itself into debt with China @ZeusAres42, the individual decision-making Liberals, and Republicans, who are in charge of the country, placed the U.S. in debt with China.

Because your choice word's, are placing the responsibility of your debt claim, on the wrong party.

"And your country has received billions of dollars from China to help you out of debt. Don't forget that. @TKDB "

I'm Independent individual, I expressed that before.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

**** I dont even know what your talking about, i never called anyone those things.

Right,  but you fell you can throw accusations at me based on nothing but your own bigotry 

****You asked me what a wage gap was and i told you.  Then you didnt even confirm or deny if you agreed with the definition.

If you need help knowing what a wage gap is your own government has agencies that can help you , the same ones that work on addressing the gender wage gap that doesn’t exist according to you 

****If your definition of wage gap is there is a disparity in median income im not arguing that.

You need to get out more 

****We already have a word for people that described peoples non-sexual identity...its called personality

Who’s we? 

.  ****Gender has always meant male or female...i dont hate these people i just disagree with there definition of gender and dont think forced speech is right.

Who is “forcing “ you? Can you not mind you own business and let people live the life they choose how are they hurting you? 
    Blastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot

Watch it he may post a “killer” piece from the ( cough , cough , ahem ) esteemed Epoch Times thats always his grand finale .......
    Blastcat
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @MichaelElpers

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/prageru/
    https://www.allsides.com/news-source/prager-university
    https://www.mediamatters.org/dennis-prager/prageru-relies-veneer-respectability-obscure-its-propagandist-mission

Look, all I'm saying is if you are trying to make a point about media bias, maybe you should use better sources, like IDK, just provide a link to the study?

Anyways, based on Robert Epstein's own numbers Russia did way more to influence the election anyways, just 6 of the Russian accounts generated content that was shared at leas 340 million times, vs. 2.6 - 16 million proclaimed by his own study!

We are comparing mansions to doll houses here.
    CYDdharta

@TKDB It's actually neither the treasury nor the individual, US currency is printed and distributed by the federal reserve, which is a private company.

I'm sorry to ruin your financial innocence.

@Dee

Please provide your definition of wage gap.

When i said we have a word for that...we is the english language.

I was basing my claim onnorevious conversations i had with you not bigotry.  It was an assumption if you would of said that wasnt your view i would have accepted that.

People are trying to force others.  In Canada it was almost made law and people fight for ending hate speech and forced pronouns here as well.
    @Happy_Killbot Your info is off.  He said they swayed 2.6 to 16 million votes.  Google probably gets things shared more than 340 million times a day.

Still i havent seen a study showing the net impact those shares had on the public.

Also there just because the are a right wing news source doesnt mean the information they release is wrong...im fine getting different opinions as long as the data they present is soundly backed up by data and logic.  I find that pragerU often does provide plenty of good sources for their information.

Your sources dont show much context into what information prageru has been spreading is false, juat effective and good at hiding its right winged leanings.

Meanwhile media matters gets a source from buzzfeed which i wouldnt exactly call credible and calls jordan peterson an extremists which in itself for me already ruins its reputation.

Jordan peterson is one of the most well informed and brilliant individuals ive ever heard speak.  He knows psychology and history like the back of his hand.
    CYDdharta
    @MichaelElpers You are trying to argue that the passive approach by google is more effective than an active approach by Russia.

Based on the intelligence committee's report, more than 126 million people in the US were exposed to Russian manipulation!
    https://intelligence.house.gov/social-media-content/

If this source is biased, then there is no hope.

I'm sorry, but the facts are overwhelmingly on my side here.
    CYDdharta

• TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

Who's in charge of the Money in your country?

Your Treasury Department, or you?

The United States, didn't get itself into debt with China @ZeusAres42, the individual decision-making Liberals, and Republicans, who are in charge of the country, placed the U.S. in debt with China.

Because your choice word's, are placing the responsibility of your debt claim, on the wrong party.

"And your country has received billions of dollars from China to help you out of debt. Don't forget that. @TKDB "

I'm Independent individual, I expressed that before.

Spin it however you want. America is in China's pocket. It's there in black and white.