frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

The Trump Impeachment Liberals, just made fools of themselves before the Public.

12346»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

You’re off topic 
    Blastcat
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6073 Pts   -  
    Just in case someone is not aware of it, The Equal Pay Act is still active in the US and prohibits underpaying someone based on their gender. If there is a strong evidence of discrimination against women on the basis of gender, then it should not be too difficult to sue a lot of employers and gain huge compensation amounts - yet it is not happening.

Also in case someone is not aware of it, Sweden is widely recognised as the country that has gone the farthest in the world towards eliminating distinct gender roles and equalising pay for everyone. Yet the median income for women is 77% of that for men there; about the same difference as in the US.

There is no discrimination against women in terms of wages to speak of in the developed democratic world that can be demonstrated in any realistic way. Studies show this, common sense shows this, experiences of different countries with different policies show this. And that is a good thing, something to celebrate. It is like some people want there to be discrimination, so they can either play victims and gain some favors, or play white knights and save damsels in distress to become forever theirs.
    MichaelElpersBlastcat
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1127 Pts   -  
    @Dee. You posted a statement from a source but didnt post it with the data they used to back it up...i wont just take something for its word.

If you gathered the quote why didnt you post the link...maybe its because the data didnt make sense or you realized it based it on polls of peoples feelings.

Also i got it you think troll.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

*****  You posted a statement from a source but didnt post it with the data they used to back it up...i wont just take something for its word.

Don’t then see If I care , the data is all there 

***If you gathered the quote why didnt you post the link...

Because it was posted to you three times already you  

*****maybe its because the data didnt make sense or you realized it based it on polls of peoples feelings.

Maybe you didn’t read previous links because they don’t fit in with The Epoch Times narrotivd 

****Also i got it you think troll.

Great .....Progress at last 
    Blastcat
    @Dee. No but youve posted many links in the past im not going to dig for this one when you could of reposted it when it was at your fingertips.
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1127 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @Dee. Nevermind i found it lol.

https://www.aauw.org/research/the-simple-truth-about-the-gender-pay-gap/

Its states that as the affirmative but has very little data to back it up.  It has a graph showing womens earnings by ethnicity in comparison to men but again its only comparing median earnings.
    Taking that graph at face value i guess you believe that employers discriminate more against white women than asian because Asian women have a higher median income
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

***** Just in case someone is not aware of it, The Equal Pay Act is still active in the US and prohibits underpaying someone based on their gender. 

Something you and @MichaelElpers surely think is unjust as you’s are both against minimum wage right? 

*****If there is a strong evidence of discrimination against women on the basis of gender, then it should not be too difficult to sue a lot of employers and gain huge compensation amounts - yet it is not happening.

Yet it is happening ..... Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, is once again facing a raft of sexual discrimination lawsuits – eight years after the supreme court blocked the company from facing the largest gender discrimination case ever brought against an employer.

Nearly 100 workers filed gender discrimination lawsuits against Walmart on 1 February, alleging denial of equal pay for retail store and certain salaried management positions. The plaintiffs include current Walmart employees and others who left the company from the early to late 2000s.

****Also in case someone is not aware of it, Sweden is widely recognised as the country that has gone the farthest in the world towards eliminating distinct gender roles and equalising pay for everyone. Yet the median income for women is 77% of that for men there; about the same difference as in the US.

Why would I believe your claims or stats ( not provided ) when you and @MichaelElpers deny every stat put forward so far , also you falsely made claims about  minimum wage in European countries that are wrong , why would I take your word on this latest piece if prior claims have all been wrong?

*****There is no discrimination against women in terms of wages to speak of in the developed democratic world that can be demonstrated in any realistic way. 

Merely your opinion again backed by nothing 

***Studies show this,

What studies? The same ones that say minimum wage laws don’t apply in most of Europe as you claimed? 

****common sense shows this,

You mean your opinion or Michaels who you claimed was an “ expert “ who’s reliance on The Epoch Times or Christian Post somehow carries a gravitas that impresses you 

****experiences of different countries with different policies show this.

Show what exactly? 

****And that is a good thing, something to celebrate. It is like some people want there to be discrimination,

Of course the discriminated live it 

****so they can either play victims and gain some favors, or play white knights and save damsels in distress to become forever theirs.

Yes , yes , it’s all clear now if an innocent black is brutalised by police it’s because he/ she is hoping for some gain , thanks for clearing that up it was a bit of a mystery up to now 
    Blastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Blastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

Oh do you clown 
    Blastcat
    @Dee. Please tell me how that is not the data your source is using.  I pulled it up read it and askked a valid question, and all i get is im a clown
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6073 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @Dee

Yes, I am against that act. That does not change the fact that the act is in place, and it is enforced pretty harshly.

100 lawsuits for a company with over 2 million employees is nothing, and lawsuits themselves do not mean anything; verdicts do.

Your last sentence is unfortunate. You are not even trying to understand what people are telling you. You instead just illustrated my point: it is important for you that the innocent person in question is black. That, say, a white innocent person can also be violated by the police does not even cross your mind when you are talking about these things. This is actually something that happened to my family - thrice - but we are white, so we cannot play the race card here and have to take it in.
    Blastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

*****Yes, I am against that act. That does not change the fact that the act is in place, and it is enforced pretty harshly.

Yes I know you’re against underpaying someone ...  The Equal Pay Act is still active in the US and prohibits underpaying someone based on their gender. 

****100 lawsuits for a company with over 2 million employees is nothing, and lawsuits themselves do not mean anything; verdicts do.

Ok it’s nothing , yet you incorrectly claimed it’s not happening do you want more examples?

****Your last sentence is unfortunate

It’s accurate 

. ****You  are not even trying to understand what people are telling you. 

You said ..... . It is like some people want there to be discrimination......right? 

****You instead just illustrated my point: it is important for you that the innocent person in question is black

No it’s actually not , you said it’s “important “ for some people to want discrimination do you realise that it exists I think not as you previously said “ it’s not a bad thing “ right? 

. *****That, say, a white innocent person can also be violated by the police does not even cross your mind when you are talking about these things. 

I gave one example ok change it to a white person of it suits is that better does it make it any less discriminatory? 

****This is actually something that happened to my family - thrice - but we are white, so we cannot play the race card here and have to take it in

Well that’s discriminatory behaviour plain and simple , is your system so f—cked up in the U S you cannot file complaints about mistreatment from the police ? Why do you assume if a black person is badly treated by cops he/ she has to play the race card? Do you not think first and foremost as a fellow human he/ she deserves respect regardless of skin colour?

Incidentallly in a lot of cases it’s not the victim that plays the race card but the media do you deny this? 
    Blastcat
    @Dee

I never said that "it is not happening". I said that it is not statistically significant and not something to speak of. Some discrimination exists everywhere where more than two living beings are present; substantial discrimination may or may not exist, however.

I did not say that discrimination is not a bad thing (well, some discrimination is and some is not, but that is beside the point). I said that differences in the outcome may not be a bad thing.

Well, you started talking about the "innocent black". I do not think in such terms; to me, a person is a person, and their skin color is irrelevant. Regardless, we are talking about statistics here, not individual cases, so even if you had a valid point to make there, it would have nothing to do with the discussion.

The point is not that I cannot file complaints about mistreatment from the police (I can). The point is that if I play my race card, then no one will take me seriously, because I am white. Nor would I want to play such race card in the first place; I do not see every instance of mistreatment as having something to do with my skin color.
    I did not say the black person mistreated by police has to play the race card. I said that those focusing on the back person's race in these matters are playing the race card.
    Blastcat
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

@MayCaesar

@Dee

You three are off topic again, and have been again. 

Have a good day.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

****I never said that "it is not happening". 

Your words .....  yet it is not happening.

*****I said that it is not statistically significant and not something to speak of. 

Well again merely your opinion 

***Some discrimination exists everywhere where more than two living beings are present; substantial discrimination may or may not exist, however.

May or may not?  But you just stated .... ”Some discrimination exists everywhere” 

**** I did not say that discrimination is not a bad thing

Really? 

**** Here you are saying it ...... (well, some discrimination is and some is not, but that is beside the point).

Hows it “beside the point”? 

*****I  said that differences in the outcome may not be a bad thing.

Right , so it could be all for the good?

****Well, you started talking about the "innocent black". I do not think in such terms; to me, a person is a person, and their skin color is irrelevant.

Yes I was making an analogy you do get that don’t you? I agree about a persons colour being irrelevant I’m appealing to your humanity 

**** Regardless, we are talking about statistics here,
    not individual cases, so even if you had a valid point to make there, it would have nothing to do with the discussion.

All my points are valid and relevant 

****The point is not that I cannot file complaints about mistreatment from the police (I can). The point is that if I play my race card, then no one will take me seriously, because I am white. 

Why would you want to play it then? Is your system so corupt that the police can do as they will without consequences that’s what you’re saying right? 

****Nor would I want to play such race card in the first place; I do not see every instance of mistreatment as having something to do with my skin color.

A point I never made 

****I did not say the black person mistreated by police has to play the race card. I said that those focusing on the back person's race in these matters are playing the race card.

No you didn’t actually say that you made yet another unwarranted claim as in ..... . That, say, a white innocent person can also be violated by the police does not even cross your mind when you are talking about these things. 

Yet again another opinion piece in an attempt to deflect from the actual point I made 
    Blastcat
    @Dee

Statistics is not an opinion. Statistics is what it is.

It is not necessarily for the good or for the bad, and such judgements are inherently subjective anyway. I do not see anything wrong, for example, in men preferentially paying for women on dates, compared to the other way around: it is just a cultural aspect, a flavor.
    Similarly, women preferentially choosing to sacrifice career for the sake of caring for the family is a flavor. Granted, I personally find it undesirable and somewhat irrational, but I am not seeking to force my personal values on others. And I certainly do not want anyone to use coercive means to change the culture.

No, the police cannot do as they will without consequences. That should be obvious.
    Blastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

*****Statistics is not an opinion. Statistics is what it is.

Really? So the  Epoch Times as used by Michael are an equally valid source for stats as they are what is? 

*****It is not necessarily for the good or for the bad, and such judgements are inherently subjective anyway. 

As is your opinion on such 

***/I do not see anything wrong, for example, in men preferentially paying for women on dates, compared to the other way around: it is just a cultural aspect, a flavor.

Apples and Oranges 

***Similarly, women preferentially choosing to sacrifice career for the sake of caring for the family is a flavor. Granted, I personally find it undesirable and somewhat irrational, but I am not seeking to force my personal values on others. And I certainly do not want anyone to use coercive means to change the culture.

Who’s forcing values on anyone?

****No, the police cannot do as they will without consequences. That should be obvious. 

Well it is obvious regards over here , but according to you not the case in the U S as your families mistreatment by the police and your annoyance at any possible  redress proves 
    Blastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @TKDB

**** You three are off topic again, and have been again. 

Do you want some tissues to dry your big cry baby eyes?
    Blastcat
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

@MayCaesar

@MichaelElpers

This is the theme of the forum:

The Trump Impeachment Liberals, just made fools of themselves before the Public.

Have a good day.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

This is the theme of the forum:

Have a good day.
    Blastcat
  • @Dee Don't members of both parties have to agree that Trump is impeached for him to be impeached?

• CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1833 Pts   -  
    @Dee Don't members of both parties have to agree that Trump is impeached for him to be impeached?

No, Pres. Trump is now, for all intent and purposes, impeached.  The only thing left is for Pelosi to send the articles to the Senate.  There is nothing that disallows a completely partisan impeachment, and if there was a Dem super-majority in the Senate, the Dems could remove the President from office for any reason, or no reason at all.  Since the Republicans hold a majority in the Senate, the Dems' partisan impeachment won't go anywhere.  The impeachment will mean nothing.
    ZeusAres42Blastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

It appears not ,the American political system is rather strange in many ways 
    Blastcat
    @Dee

Apples and oranges? Why? I gave an example of statistically different financial outcome for men and women: men spend more money on dates on average than women (the exact statistics on this depends somewhat on the method used, but on average it seems to come down to men spending about 30% more than women). I see this as a somewhat silly cultural element, but not necessarily a bad one; it is just what it is.

My personal experience by no means suggests that the police in the US can do as they will without consequences. That is quite a logical leap you are making here.
    Blastcat
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta

No, Trump isn't Impeached.

The Impeachment Articles have as of yet to be delivered to the Senate yet, because for some very odd reason Mrs. Pelosi is holding them up?

When Clinton was Impeached it was done in three days.

So basically the Liberal Trump Impeachment circus, has become Lame Duck situation, because the Liberals want to play Word Narrative Games with the rest of the Non Liberal voter public. 

I call it a Political Civil War, and Pelosi, Schiff, Schumer, Nadler, and the rest of their Liberal Impeachment cohorts, believe that by pushing their Liberal Trump Impeachment narratives into the rest of the non Liberal voters faces, that the rest of the public, is going to somehow, buy off on their Liberal Trump Impeachment preachings?

It's a Political shame, that they have chosen to treat the Voters that they work for, in such a Liberal way?

Pelosi is a Lame Duck speaker of the House, and all that Pelosi can do is preach her Liberal mouth off, to whomever will give her preaching, their underserved ear service? 

Otherwise why spend all of that taxpayer money, on those Trump Impeachment Hearings, so that the Liberals and their preachings, could be heard, from within the self created rules, that they wrote, in order to Preach to the public, from their self created platform called the Trump Impeachment Hearings?

Pelosi and the rest of their Liberal cohorts are scared, of Trump being President for another term, and they don't trust the non Liberal public to vote, and to, put another Liberal into the Oval Office, without having to lean on the voting Public, through their anti Trump influencing?

I can almost guarantee you, that CNN, MSNBC, NPR, ABC, CBS, or NBC, wouldn't have the Opinion Journalistic gall to mention the above arguments, during their News Media outlet news cycles? 

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

***** Apples and oranges? Why? 

It’s nothing to do with what we are talking about 

*****My personal experience by no means suggests that the police in the US can do as they will without consequences. That is quite a logical leap you are making here.

Well you did say ...... This is actually something that happened to my family - thrice - but we are white, so we cannot play the race card here and have to take it in.

My “logical leap” was reached by your bemoaning the fact that you couldn’t play the race card and it doesn’t take a logician to conclude that  your closing remarks as in “ have to take it in “ is suggestive that you did not indeed gain satisfaction in your dealings with the police , this is of course unless you were quiet satisfied with your treatment and you’re attempting to make some point unknown to me 
    Blastcat
    @Dee

I was not satisfied, but it does not imply that "police in the US can do as they will without consequences". 

So again, this is quite a logical leap here.
    Blastcat
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

This from you, is another example of you being off topic, from the actual theme of the forum:

"@MayCaesar

***** Apples and oranges? Why? 

It’s nothing to do with what we are talking about 

*****My personal experience by no means suggests that the police in the US can do as they will without consequences. That is quite a logical leap you are making here.

Well you did say ...... This is actually something that happened to my family - thrice - but we are white, so we cannot play the race card here and have to take it in.

My “logical leap” was reached by your bemoaning the fact that you couldn’t play the race card and it doesn’t take a logician to conclude that  your closing remarks as in “ have to take it in “ is suggestive that you did not indeed gain satisfaction in your dealings with the police , this is of course unless you were quiet satisfied with your treatment and you’re attempting to make some point unknown to me. "

@Dee if you have an issue with actual theme of the forum, you can take up your grievance with Aarong?

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

Hi I’m Dee’s very old grandmother maybe you could get some of those heroic American policemen to tase me 3 times and report back to Aarong that is when you stop crying ......

I couldn’t care less about the theme of your forum , I’m happy enough talking to others here between your tears 
    Blastcat
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

What are you on topic thoughts on the below article? 

https://news.yahoo.com/pelosi-mcconnell-begin-2020-standoff-090000314.html

"Pelosi and McConnell Begin 2020 in Standoff Over Trump Impeachment Trial

Erik Wasson
    BloombergJanuary 2, 2020, 11:14 AM EST
    Pelosi and McConnell Begin 2020 in Standoff Over Trump Impeachment Trial
    Pelosi and McConnell Begin 2020 in Standoff Over Trump"

"(Bloomberg) -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell are locked in a stare-down over the terms of President Donald Trump’s impeachment trial, which carries political risks for both sides if it continues deeper into January.

The two-week congressional holiday break produced no new negotiations on the contours of the Senate trial, according to people familiar with the matter. Pelosi is leaving the talks with McConnell up to Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer, with whom she’s been coordinating, officials in the speaker’s office said.

Pelosi has held up delivering to the Senate the two articles of impeachment adopted by the Democratic-majority House, saying she wants to see a “fair” process for the trial. Officials in Pelosi’s office said she and Schumer are in lockstep on what that means: trial procedures that would include documents and testimony from witnesses that were blocked by Trump during the House’s impeachment inquiry.

“Neither Senator McConnell, nor any Republican senator, has articulated a single good reason why the trial shouldn’t have these witnesses or these documents,” Schumer said at a news conference Monday in New York.

McConnell is showing no signs of shifting off his position that a vote on calling witnesses can be left until after the impeachment case is argued by House managers and Trump’s counsel. While most lawmakers won’t return to Washington until next week -- when haggling over the trial process is likely to begin in earnest -- McConnell is expected to deliver remarks on the Senate floor Friday criticizing the Democrats’ position."

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

**** - McConnell is expected to deliver remarks on the Senate floor Friday criticizing the Democrats’ position."

its all a smokescreen and delaying tactic that’s all 
    Blastcat
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

The Trump Impeachment Hearings, are a smokescreen, they don't know how to beat the guy with an Election, so their other option is verbally beat up the political efforts he's made as the POTUS.

He wants what's Equal and Fair for the U.S., while the Liberals want is fair and equal for themselves, and their Liberal followers or fan bases only.

Liberalism is about giving out handouts, to some of the illegal immigrants, to the marijuana users, or addicts, and to those who view themselves in a disproportionate light?

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @TKDB

**** He wants what's Equal and Fair for the U.S., while the Liberals want is fair and equal for themselves, and their Liberal followers or fan bases only.

Right , so Trump wants what’s equal and fair for ALL Americans? What a ridiculous statement 

*****Liberalism is about giving out handouts, to some of the illegal immigrants, to the marijuana users, or addicts, and to those who view themselves in a disproportionate light?

Or maybe it’s about giving to the poor and downtrodden as Jesus recommended , how do you term yourself a Christian?

Did you ever even read what it says on the Statue of Liberty?

Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door! The Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation, Inc.

The staggering hypocrisy of so called American Christians of your type is staggering , no doubt on Sunday in church you “play the game” and pretend to be a Christian 
    Blastcat
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

Do you know how to engage in a Debate without ridiculing any argument outside of your own opinion, or perception?

**** He wants what's Equal and Fair for the U.S., while the Liberals want is fair and equal for themselves, and their Liberal followers or fan bases only.

"Right , so Trump wants what’s equal and fair for ALL Americans? What a ridiculous statement"

*****Liberalism is about giving out handouts, to some of the illegal immigrants, to the marijuana users, or addicts, and to those who view themselves in a disproportionate light?

"Or maybe it’s about giving to the poor and downtrodden as Jesus recommended , how do you term yourself a Christian?"

Did you ever even read what it says on the Statue of Liberty?

Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door! The Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation, Inc.

"The staggering hypocrisy of so called American Christians of your type is staggering , no doubt on Sunday in church you “play the game” and pretend to be a Christian."

I get it, you're not an American?

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

Do you know how to engage in a Debate without ridiculing any argument outside of your own opinion, or perception

I do yes , I’m not “ridiculing” you as you claim to be a Christian yet say “ f—k the poor or unemployed “ so at least have the balls to stick by your B S 

*****I get it you’re not American 

Bwaaaaaaahahahahahaha, really?
    Blastcat